Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looking to ref a match, requiring four or more participants, up eight.
It's multiple teams of two, with all trainers bringing two Pokemon. The match will start off as a 4 person melee, and after round one it will become a team match. RP actions will be heavily considered when reffing, as the environment will be extremely volatile and susceptible to attacks.

As a warning, you will NOT be choosing your teammate. Your teammate will be randomly chosen when the ship sinks.

Arena type: Varying (Heavy Water-type influence for most, but not all.)
Complexity: Intense
Format: FFA Melee, team doubles (melee or otherwise)

The battle will start out on board the St. Anna in the middle of the ocean. Trainers send out one Pokemon each, battling for one round before the ship capsizes and everyone on board the ship but the four trainers involved in battle has escaped.

As soon as the ship sinks, trainers are split into groups of two and scattered across the ship. They are then given paths to the "bottom" of the ship, which now should be called the roof, and they are to face obstacles on their way. It could be anything from a fire that's sparked out, to a broken passageway, to having to prevent themselves from drowning completely. They are to use roleplaying actions to pass these obstacles, and may use any non-KO'd member of their team to do so. This section of the battle is essentially a maze of death, proceed with caution and take no option at face value. These challenges may bring teams together to help each other escape the boat, for your own safety you may not battle while escaping the ship. It is encouraged that your bring a capable swimmer - you'll be killed at this point if your team does not have at least one Pokemon capable of carrying both of you to the surface.

Heavy Pokemon are not allowed during the escape portions, as anything above Weight Class 4 will begin to tilt the ship, causing all within to be sent to a watery grave.

Once the trainers have escaped the ship, the battles then continue on the items scattered by the shipwreck above water. There will be harsh sunlight, a breeze for gliding, and somewhat gentle water. Pokemon with a size class above three will not be able to battle due to the very limited amount of space to stand, unless they are completely water-capable such as Lapras or a completely airborne Pokemon.

The battle ends when the trainers reach land after six rounds of fighting or until only one team remains. Those with the fewest casualties are delcared the winners.

Logic will be used to dictate whether certains attacks may be used on a case-by-case basis. Obviously things such as Rock Slide will not be allowed during the driftwood battle, and Surf won't be used in the onboard segments.

yeah this is pretty much my 1k
In :o

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Looking to ref a match, requiring four or more participants, up eight.
It's multiple teams of two, with all trainers bringing two Pokemon. The match will start off as a 4 person melee, and after round one it will become a team match. RP actions will be heavily considered when reffing, as the environment will be extremely volatile and susceptible to attacks.

As a warning, you will NOT be choosing your teammate. Your teammate will be randomly chosen when the ship sinks.

Arena type: Varying (Heavy Water-type influence for most, but not all.)
Format: FFA Melee, team doubles (melee or otherwise)

The battle will start out on board the St. Anna in the middle of the ocean. Trainers send out one Pokemon each, battling for one round before the ship capsizes and everyone on board the ship but the four trainers involved in battle has escaped.

As soon as the ship sinks, trainers are split into groups of two and scattered across the ship. They are then given paths to the "bottom" of the ship, which now should be called the roof, and they are to face obstacles on their way. It could be anything from a fire that's sparked out, to a broken passageway, to having to prevent themselves from drowning completely. They are to use roleplaying actions to pass these obstacles, and may use any non-KO'd member of their team to do so. This section of the battle is essentially a maze of death, proceed with caution and take no option at face value. These challenges may bring teams together to help each other escape the boat, for your own safety you may not battle while escaping the ship. It is encouraged that your bring a capable swimmer - you'll be killed at this point if your team does not have at least one Pokemon capable of carrying both of you to the surface.

Heavy Pokemon are not allowed during the escape portions, as anything above Weight Class 4 will begin to tilt the ship, causing all within to be sent to a watery grave.

Once the trainers have escaped the ship, the battles then continue on the items scattered by the shipwreck above water. There will be harsh sunlight, a breeze for gliding, and somewhat gentle water. Pokemon with a size class above three will not be able to battle due to the very limited amount of space to stand, unless they are completely water-capable such as Lapras or a completely airborne Pokemon.

The battle ends when the trainers reach land after six rounds of fighting or until only one team remains. Those with the fewest casualties are delcared the winners.

Logic will be used to dictate whether certains attacks may be used on a case-by-case basis. Obviously things such as Rock Slide will not be allowed during the driftwood battle, and Surf won't be used in the onboard segments.

yeah this is pretty much my 1k
Color me involved.

ME TOO! BRING IT ON! >:3

I think this makes eight of us, right?
Six, I'm going to wait until either all teams are in or I have eight combatants to close the signups for the battle.

(Also I forgot to mention, you CAN have items and you will be allowed two subs per Pokemon. There will be a three day DQ.)

fite my lotad

Lotad [Bilious Slick] (Male)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
Type: Water/Grass
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Swift Swim: Innate. The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.
Rain Dish: Innate. This Pokemon collects water in the rain and absorbs it into its body, healing two (2) HP/action.
Own Tempo: Innate, DW (Locked). This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 30
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 1/9
MC: 2
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Astonish
Growl
Absorb
Nature Power
Mist
Natural Gift
Mega Drain
BubbleBeam

Counter
Leech Seed
Giga Drain

Toxic
Scald
Protect
Total Moves: 14

1v1 training
training items
asb arena
1 day dq

you can make this as even or as one-sided as you wish. i just want to actually send this out once v_v
I accept the challenge Woodchuck, I'll be using my new Bronzor:
Bronzor [Demolisher] (G)

Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, - 15%Spe, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Steel:
Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Psychic:
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:

Levitate:
Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Heatproof:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon's mirror-like alloyed skin protects it from Fire-type attacks, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.) The damage inflicted by burns is also cut in half.

Heavy Metal: (Locked)
Type: Innate
The Pokemon's body structure is immensely dense, doubling its actual weight. Adds two (2) Base Attack Power to all Weight-Based Attacks. Adds Base Attack Power to Gyro Ball equal to half (0.5x) the Pokemon's Weight Class, rounded up.

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2(+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 20(-)
Weight Class: 4 [5 Heavy Metal]
Base Rank Total: 11

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Tackle
Confusion
Hypnosis
Imprison
Confuse Ray
Extrasensory
Psywave
Iron Defense
Faint Attack
Safeguard

Signal Beam
Stealth Rock
Rollout

Toxic
Earthquake
Solarbeam
It's just a 1v1, so easy to ref.

Eternal Drifter said:
All right... I need to get a little training in for one of my Poke'mon, so...

Open Challenge *2
1 VS 1 Singles
DQ: 2 Days
Substitutions: 2
Infinite Recovers/Chills
Arena: Any (Above Complexity of ASB Arena and Below Insane Complexity)

Hope the Chimecho

Chimecho (Hope) (Female)
Bold Nature
Type: Psychic
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Ability:
Levitate: Type: Innate
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit.

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1-
Def: Rank 4+
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 65
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 6/6
MC: 0

Attacks: (23 Moves Known)
Wrap
Growl
Astonish
Confusion
Uproar
Last Resort
Entrainment
Take Down
Yawn
Heal Bell
Safeguard
Heal Pulse
Psychic

Hypnosis
Recover
Wish

Mimic
Recycle
Signal Beam
Swift

Toxic
Light Screen
Protect
Shock Wave
Thunder Wave
Complications said:
Sorry Faylion, dropping our match to accept ED's.

I'll accept Eternal Drifter.
Items=Any
Arena=Unown Soup

I hope you are ok with me using Ninjask. Other than being my favorite arena, Unown Soup is useful for providing type coverage, so hopefully it's not too big of a deal.
Ninjask (Gasta) Male

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)

Bug: Bug STAB; more mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gains an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Speed Boost
Innate
Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that occurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Infiltrator (DW, Locked)
Innate
Through a combination of speed and cunning, this Pokemon easily circumvents the effects of Light Screen, Mist, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 160
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 6/6
MC: 1
DC: 5/5

Attacks
Scratch (*)
Harden (*)
Leach Life (*)
Sand Attack (*)
Fury Swipes(*)
Mind Reader(*)
False Swipe *(*)
Dig
Bug Bite
Double Team
Fury Cutter
Screech
Swords Dance

Endure (*)
Night Slash (*)
Final Gambit (*)

X-Scissor (*)
Aerial Ace (*)
Substitute (*)
Protect
Facade
Toxic
U-Turn

If you are opposed to it, I will change my mon.
Ref please?

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
OK Engi, let's go!

4v4 Babysitter doubles (2 FE, 2 NFE)
2 Day DQ
All Abilities
All items
2 Recoveries
5 Chills
ASB Arena, or w/e you pick.
2 Substitutions

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
ACCEPT thanks for leaving me so many choices

let's celebrate diversity yaaay

Arena: Diversity Arena
Field Type: All Types
Complexity: Moderate
Formats: Doubles+

Restrictions: All moves are allowed.

Description:
Diversity is cool everywhere you go. If you're not diverse enough you get punished in this arena. If a Pokemon fails to be diverse, the Pokemon's team gains a point. If a Pokemon is very diverse, the opposing team gains a point. Once a team reaches a certain number of points, the opposing team will get a boost. The following ways a team can get points and the number of points incurred are as follows; note that move usage is affected by the moves of everybody in play, not just your team.

• [1 PTS] Use the 5th X-type move.
  • [2 PTS] Use any given move for the third time.
  • [1 PTS] Use the same attack as somebody else in the same action.
  • [1 PTS] Use the 10th physical attack.
  • [1 PTS] Use the 10th special attack.
  • [1 PTS] Use the 10th status attack.
  • [1 PTS] Use the 5th command (chill is a command).
  • [2 PTS] End the round with the same HP as somebody else.
  • [2 PTS] End the round with the same EN as somebody else.
At the end of each round, the applicable effect worth the highest number of points but whose number is less than your point total will take effect on the other team, and the same number of points will be deducted from your point total. Applicable means that, for example, if nobody on the opposing team has fainted the revival effect will not be chosen. These effects are as follows.

• [1 PTS] Heal all active teammates for 10 HP and 10 EN.
  • [2 PTS] Heal all active teammates for 30 HP and 30 EN, and cure them of all statuses.
  • [3 PTS] Heal all teammates, active and reserve, for 50 HP and 50 EN, and cure them of all statuses, temporary and permanent.
  • [5 PTS] Revive a fainted Pokemon to full HP and EN.
Summary: You better be diverse.

2 vs 2 Doubles
Switch = KO
Items: Training
Abilities: All
Chills: 2
Recoveries: 2
Substitutions: 2
Arena: Underground Daycare Center
Arena: Underground Daycare Center
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Format: All
An untold secret about the Day Care Center in an unspecified region. Supposedly, there is one in every region. Beneath those hallowed halls of love and care is a war pit. Declined eggs speckle the shelves on all the walls. Pokemon who battle in this place gain a boost from their Egg Group. The floor is made of impenetrable organic concrete. The fighting area is about 50 x 50 x 30 meters. The actual room is about 75 x 60 x 50.

Pokemon belonging to two (2) egg groups gain the following effects:
Monster Group: Increases this pokemon's accuracy by a flat 10%.
Water 1 Group: Increases the effect chance of all moves by 200% (x2).
Bug Group: Gains one (1) extra attack on multi-hit moves, with no cap.
Flying Group: All pokemon in this Egg Group are immune to the effects of Smack Down and do not lose the Ground immunity while using Roost.
Field Group: This pokemon's STAB becomes five (5) instead of three (3).
Fairy Group: Attraction is inflicted upon opponents that come in contact with this pokemon, even if they are genderless or the same gender.
Grass Group: These pokemon are highly in tune with the earth around them. As such, all stat boosting moves are increased by one (1) additional stage.
Water 3 Group: At the end of each round, there is a 50% chance of boosting ATK, DEF, SPA, or SPD one (1) stage.
Mineral Group: All super effective attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 3 BAP. All regular damage attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 2 BAP. All not very effective attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 1 BAP.
Amorphous Group: The physical form of these pokemon is ever changing. This provides a flat 5% boost in evasion.
Water 2 Group: This pokemon has learned to adapt to all weathers. It dodges hail stones, sand particles, rays of light, and rain drops with ease. All this exercise has given it a 50% (x1.5) boost in weather to speed.
Dragon Group: EN use is decreased by 10%.
Human-Like: Increase the end damage of "Punch", "Kick", and "Chop" moves by three (3) damage.

Pokemon belonging to one (1) egg group gain the following effects:
Monster Group: Increases this pokemon's accuracy by a flat 15%.
Water 1 Group: Increases the effect chance of all moves by 200% (x2). Increases the effect chance of combo moves by 250% (x2.5)
Bug Group: Gains two (2) extra attacks on all multi-hit moves, with no cap.
Field Group: This pokemon's STAB becomes seven (7) instead of three (3).
Flying Group: All pokemon in this Egg Group are immune to the effects of Smack Down and do not lose the Ground immunity while using Roost. This pokemon is unaffected by the secondary effects of super-effective attacks.
Fairy Group: Attraction is inflicted upon opponents that come in contact with this pokemon, even if they are genderless or the same gender. Attraction lasts four (4) rounds.
Grass Group: These pokemon are highly in tune with the earth around them. As such, all stat boosting moves are increased by one (1) additional stage. All stat boosts last one (1) more round.
Water 3 Group: At the end of each round, there is a 50% chance of boosting ATK, DEF, SPA, or SPD two (2) stages.
Mineral Group: All super effective attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 4 BAP. All regular damage attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 3 BAP. All not very effective attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 2 BAP.
Amorphous Group: The physical form of these pokemon is ever changing. This provides a flat 10% boost in evasion.
Water 2 Group: This pokemon has learned to adapt to all weathers. It dodges hail stones, sand particles, rays of light, and rain drops with ease. All this exercise has given it a 50% (x1.5) boost to speed.
Dragon Group: EN use is decreased by 20%.
Human-Like: Increase the end damage of "Punch", "Kick", and "Chop" moves by five (5) damage.
Ditto Group: When Transformed, the Pokemon Ditto Transformed into gains the Limber Ability.
Undiscovered Group: This Pokemon's uniqueness has made it hardy and tough. It gains a flat 25 more HP.

If I have forgotten anything, the accepter can decide it.

Seeking a 2v2 FE Doubles battle.
2 Day DQ
All Items.
All Abilities.
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Subs
Arena: THE EDGE OF THE WORLD!!!

The sound of water roars in your ears. "There's no waterfalls in the middle of the ocean," you murmur to yourself, alertness instantly rising with the sound. You run up to the deck and lean over the railing and see, to your horror, that the ocean simply stops. "It's the edge of the world!" you hear someone shout as your ship creeps ever closer towards the rift.
Details:
-Water type moves have their BAP increased by 2
-it's night time, so any type that benefits from darkness has the BAP of that type's attacks boosted by 1
-You're on a boat. Seismic activity is illegal
-Attacks requiring external rock sources are illegal
-Attacks requiring external grass sources are legal (the ship is wooden)
-If you do not do a total of 50 damage at the end of round 3, both of your Pokemon fall off the edge of the world and faint! (Healing does not reduce the total damage count)

Lucario and Gem of the Day, I will ref you. Though next time you bump your post, tell us all what type of battle it is.
PM MONS SOON!

Issuing a 3 vs 3 triples challenge.
Switch = KO
Items: Training
Abilities: All
1 Day DQ, 2 Day DQ for referee
Chills: Acceptor's Choice
Recoveries: Acceptor's Choice
Substitutions: Acceptor's Choice

Arena:
Field Type: Rock
Format: All
Nestled deep beneath a mountain, these mines are a haven for Rock-types. Regions within the mines are known to amplify sounds and carry them everywhere. Due to the shifting of the earth above, either from mining or seismic activity, sand and rocks constantly fall down. The mines are not spacious. It is very cramped under the mountain. Because this a mine under a mountain, there is no grass source. Not enough sunlight down here to nurture and type of plant. There is also no clean water source. All the water brought into the mine comes from the outside, and only enough to hydrate the miners. The little water naturally found down here is dirty with oil and sand.
-Sandstorm is always active, minus the damaging effect.
-Rock-Type moves gain 10% accuracy, due to the tight quarters.
-Nature Power is treated as Rock Slide
-There is a 15% chance the user will flinch if they use Avalanche, Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, or Magnitude. These moves have the potential to cause a cave-in and doom everyone.
-Drill moves gain a 30% chance to flinch, due to the rocks from above falling down.
-Rock Wrecker's BAP is lowered by 2 and EN is raised by 1, but the user does not become sluggish. This is due to the user taking care not to cause a cave-in and doom them all.
-Flying-Type moves are reduced by 3 BAP and raised by 2 EN, due to the tight quarters.
-SolarBeam's BAP is halved, unless its user expends 16 EN.

Also, I will ref this if it has not already been claimed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)