Let's Play Pokemon Platinum!

Hey guys! I have just started a pokemon platinum lets play and I was wondering if you guys are interested. I will link every episode here. Here is the first episode:
http://youtu.be/sjppoggm0ek
I plan on making an episode at least once a week. Each episode will be no more than 20 minutes unless necessary. I will add each episode in the comments section as they are uploaded. Hope you enjoy and please give me any feedback you may have!

P.S. One last thing. I have gotten Sony Vegas 12 but don't know how to use it. If anyone can just tell me how to render it in the best quality, it would be much appreciated.

Not much to say yet, as it is the start of the game, but your rival battles are kind of...not so really good? I dunno, you seem to lose them a little too much. I think you should try to beat your rival a bit better, it might look a bit dumb to some people to see you losing. I am not complaining, don't think so. It is a change of pace after all, but I would like to see you defeat Barry instead of lose to him. THey are the more interesting battles in the beginning of the game, and it is a little disheartening to see you lose them.

GL with the rest of your playthrough.

Not much to say yet, as it is the start of the game, but your rival battles are kind of...not so really good? I dunno, you seem to lose them a little too much. I think you should try to beat your rival a bit better, it might look a bit dumb to some people to see you losing. I am not complaining, don't think so. It is a change of pace after all, but I would like to see you defeat Barry instead of lose to him. THey are the more interesting battles in the beginning of the game, and it is a little disheartening to see you lose them.

GL with the rest of your playthrough.
Thanks and Ik. Its pretty bad. I have never lost to my rival until this lp. It wont happen again. Going to make the next episode purely for training.

You know, despite struggling through the rival battles a little bit, I still love the enthusiasm. I'm definitely keeping track of this LP! I've actually never seen someone lose rival battles this early, so I guess that's the hook for me.

Please catch another Pokémon, though, I don't want to see you lose all of your rival battles :3. I recommend a Budew or Psyduck before the first gym.

My current plan is to train the entire next episode. Evolve Chimchar because it learns Mach Punch and then catch a Shinx and evolve it to Luxio. Thanks for the support!

Hope you have better times throughout the LP. Also, will you be bothering with legendary birds and Heatran? In full support of you btw. Also, is just me, or does Turtwig look like it just has a "well, that happened" face?

Hope you have better times throughout the LP. Also, will you be bothering with legendary birds and Heatran? In full support of you btw. Also, is just me, or does Turtwig look like it just has a "well, that happened" face?
I plan on doing post game as well. Having all the Lengendaries caught and maybe some of the battle frontier.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to be blunt with you here:

Never. Ever. Include sped up gameplay. You are here to showcase the good parts, or to share your commentary on your choices and gameplay. So if you end up grinding, you'd be wise to cut those parts out, and instead show how your team has improved afterwards. As I skimmed through this video, nearly all of it is fast-forwarded gameplay. No one wants to see that. Even the capture of Shinx was made without comments, and just achieved in a hurry with no sense of importance.

Otherwise I liked your sense of strategy in your last Rival battle, even though you had the odds against you You might have won if you had kept spamming Ember since it would still deal close to the damage of Scratch despite being resisted, but that would hardly have been an entertaining show and I salute your brave attempt of taunting both his mons.

You should probably slow it down when you captured the Shinx and wonder why you were doing the training the way it did. I recall you allowing the Shinx to completely poison itself down to 1 HP instead of treating it right away. It seems strange for you to do that. But I agreed with Bummer about sped up gameplay that it isn't necessary for the most part. I probably just have the interesting parts of the training.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)