Dream Radar

Blah, it sounds like maybe something is bugged in my save file, then. I don't even have the option to use the dowsing (or salvage?) extension. And she doesn't mention anything about completing any extensions.

I'm going to try deleting my save and starting a new one. As much as it sucks, sounds like I have to do that. Thanks for the help!

On a related note, were you able to have all three eureka extensions open at the same time? I'm just wondering if I'd have to catch Tornadus first to open the one for Thundurus, then catch Thundurus to open the one for Landorus.
I captured them as they opened up.
I could see having to catch the former before unlocking the next

Blah, it sounds like maybe something is bugged in my save file, then. I don't even have the option to use the dowsing (or salvage?) extension. And she doesn't mention anything about completing any extensions.

I'm going to try deleting my save and starting a new one. As much as it sucks, sounds like I have to do that. Thanks for the help!

On a related note, were you able to have all three eureka extensions open at the same time? I'm just wondering if I'd have to catch Tornadus first to open the one for Thundurus, then catch Thundurus to open the one for Landorus.
I had the same issue (for similar reasons, no less). You have to catch one genie before the game will move on to unlocking the next, and while I don't think you need to get all the 1500/3000 orbs again, you do need to get a lot of them afterwards to unlock the next Eureka Extension, even if you already crossed the 1500/3000 marker (I had over 3000 before catching Thundurus, and I had to wait until I was somewhere around 4500-5000 before Landorus unlocked).

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Lol super noob question but how do I send the pokemon I get in Dream radar to Black 2? :/
Step 1. In the Dream Radar application, you need to send your Pokemon to your Black or White 2 game. You will need your Black or White 2 game in your 3DS.

Step 2. In Black or White 2 in the main menu after the title screen, instead of continuing your save file, select the Unova Link, and then Nintendo 3DS Link. You do not need to be using a 3DS for this step, as the Pokemon have already been sent to your game file directly by this point.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Someone asked how to tell which file to back up on your SD card. Here's what I had:

SD Card\Nintendo 3DS\{random letters}\{random letters}\title\00040000\000ae100\data\00000001.sav

For some reason the "Date Modified" for the sav file is always going to be the date/item that you first downloaded/started the Dream Radar app, which for me is 10-06-2012 21:56:04, and never changes. Also the file size never seems to change either.

Someone asked how to tell which file to back up on your SD card. Here's what I had:

SD Card\Nintendo 3DS\{random letters}\{random letters}\title\00040000\000ae100\data\00000001.sav

For some reason the "Date Modified" for the sav file is always going to be the date/item that you first downloaded/started the Dream Radar app, which for me is 10-06-2012 21:56:04, and never changes. Also the file size never seems to change either.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4424574&postcount=15518

Can you go ahead and post the first few letters (5 or so) in each of those file names?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I just wanna pop in and say, Contrary Shell Smash Shuckle is one of the most fun things this game has to offer.

I SMASH MY SHELL TO INCREASE MY DEFENSES

Also, great game. Screw you Tornadus for hanging in my blind spot when I played this game in the cargrrr

hey ,

few weeks ago I resseted my w2 game. I already caught Tornadus on that save game.
So I lost him. Now I just caught thunderus. and I'm wondering if I ever can catch tornadus again. any help ???

greetings

hey ,

few weeks ago I resseted my w2 game. I already caught Tornadus on that save game.
So I lost him. Now I just caught thunderus. and I'm wondering if I ever can catch tornadus again. any help ???

greetings
The only way to capture Tornadus again is to delete your Dream Radar's data

Quick question. Do I have to stock up to 3.000 orbs to capture landorus, or it doesn't matter if I spend them?

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Quick question. Do I have to stock up to 3.000 orbs to capture landorus, or it doesn't matter if I spend them?
You can spend them.

I personally spent them on the scope upgrade to generate more clouds, and with that more orbs. You don't have to do that yourself, but I thought I'd give you a helpful tip as it certainly sped up the process for me. :)

You can spend them.

I personally spent them on the scope upgrade to generate more clouds, and with that more orbs. You don't have to do that yourself, but I thought I'd give you a helpful tip as it certainly sped up the process for me. :)
Yup, that was what I was going to do as I read in this topic. That and the lasser, so thanks for the advice :p

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Sorry for the bump.

I currently writing an article about Dream Radar for the Orange Islands Hub. I mostly have all the information I need but I have a few questions. I keep seeing lots of different sources saying different things about particular parts of the game (that I can't realistically check for myself) so I would be grateful if anyone can shed some light for me.

Firstly, what are the levels of the Pokemon when you receive them in your game? I'm aware that it depends on how many badges you have, but I've seen some people say this:

0 badges: level 5
1-2 badges: level 10
3-4 badges: level 20
5-6 badges: level 30
7-8 badges: level 40

I've also seen something like this listed:

0-1 badges: level 5
2 badges: level 10
3 badges: level 15
4 badges: level 20
5 badges: level 25
6 badges: level 30
7 badges: level 35
8 badges: level 40

Bulbapaedia says it's the first one so I'm going with that for now (the only way I could check all of these for myself is if I delete my Black 2 file and start over or buy another copy of one of the games, neither of which I want to do), but if anyone can confirm this that would be great.

Secondly, I've been trying to make a good list of which orbs favour which Pokemon. I started with this list on Serebii as a starting point, and then tested them all myself to confirm. It's a good source and I've been able to find most of them (some are rarer than others), but some have eluded me:
  • Togepi in pink orb levels
  • Togepi in blue orb levels
  • Igglybuff in blue orb levels
I have searched for a while for those 3 but haven't found them, although I did find some that aren't listed on the Serebii list:
  • Igglybuff in pink orb levels
  • Togepi in green orb levels
Now I guess those 3 I haven't found could just be errors (the fact that the list is missing some suggests that other errors are possible) but it could also be that I'm unlucky. I'm sure I read on some other forum about someone finding Togepi in pink, although I won't be adding it to my list based on that alone. So, on the off chance that they remember where they found things (which I guess is asking a lot because I'm sure not many people play this game anymore), has anyone found those 3 before?

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina's DW abilities are kind of useless. WHY, Gamefreak?? Other than that, it's actually pretty fun. Worth the buy.
You can use the Giratina for Giratina-O so you can save the one from Platinum for Giratina-A so there's that. Also for RNGer's using Dream Radar this is probably obvious but Use the Landorus for Landorus-I (Sheer Force > Sand Force) and the opposite for Tornadus and Thundurus (Defiant < Prankster).

I've seen Pokemon/Items differ while they move around the screen after shooting there clouds, rarer Pokemon/items seem to be in small faster portals. I just wanted to know if anyone could confirm this mostly because I've Been confused with finding Togepi, most sources I've checked have said they've found them in blue levels but I haven't yet and I think it's mostly due to Pokemon rarity but i'm not sure, I wanted to know if my thinking process was correct to prove that I can find togepi in Blue levels

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I've seen Pokemon/Items differ while they move around the screen after shooting there clouds, rarer Pokemon/items seem to be in small faster portals. I just wanted to know if anyone could confirm this mostly because I've Been confused with finding Togepi, most sources I've checked have said they've found them in blue levels but I haven't yet and I think it's mostly due to Pokemon rarity but i'm not sure, I wanted to know if my thinking process was correct to prove that I can find togepi in Blue levels
You didn't need to necropost, you could have asked this in the SQSA thread. Moving this question to that thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)