2013 International Challenge -January- [RANKINGS RELEASED]

No DCs yet, and only 3 losses out of about 10 matches, all the losses were 1-0 at the end though. Ferrothorn is pulling weight out there :D

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I think I'm gonna call it a night. Got 20 battles in, rating sits around 1620, 14 Wins, 6 Losses, and 2 DC's (one of which could've possibly been not intentional)

Good luck to everyone else who's currently competing!

Although I haven't fought you in the tourney (at least not yet), I did battle you once on RM. Remember this battle? 71-64051-18372 :)

But getting back on topic. I've played through 10 matches so far. 7 Wins and 3 Losses. Not a single DC yet, which makes me very happy. Guess people did learn from the 2012 VGCS Winter Massacre.

I'm also collecting videos from the tourney, which I'll likely post in mass quantity once the tournament ends.
Tried searching it and couldn't get anything (I remember videos staying up for at least a month in 4th gen), try uploading it again if that's possible. It must have been a few weeks ago since I haven't played much since school started up again (think I only played a tiny bit recently before this competition started, my memory is fuzzy >_<).

20 battles in and sitting at 1623 (with only 1 D/C that couldn't have been intentional since I lost and forfeited), lost track of my record DX, but it's probably around 4-5 losses.

Hello everyone. Tell me if anyone of you battles me during the wifi tournament. My name in the game is Legend:) from California.I have a hiker as the avatar. I currently have 10 wins 4 losses 1 dc. Sadly the losses were due to hax(critical hits) and one was due to a raining team.Is anyone else tired of facing raining teams?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
8 wins, 2 losses, 0 D/Cs. Ace from Ontario, Canada. I'll be recording any interesting battles and upload them to Youtube after the tournament.

8 wins, 2 losses, 0 D/Cs. Ace from Ontario, Canada. I'll be recording any interesting battles and upload them to Youtube after the tournament.
Did we play early? I remember playing an Ace, don't have the video though. Trainer name Whammy.

-James

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Tried searching it and couldn't get anything (I remember videos staying up for at least a month in 4th gen), try uploading it again if that's possible. It must have been a few weeks ago since I haven't played much since school started up again (think I only played a tiny bit recently before this competition started, my memory is fuzzy >_<).

20 battles in and sitting at 1623 (with only 1 D/C that couldn't have been intentional since I lost and forfeited), lost track of my record DX, but it's probably around 4-5 losses.
You can only upload a maximum of 5 videos to Nintendo's server. If you upload a 6th, the oldest one is deleted. I'm guessing this is why the video is gone.

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Haven't posted in a while, but when I heard about this little tourney I thought I'd give it a spin, considering I haven't done any of these before. Although I seem to be getting all the D/Cers that everyone else misses, though I've not let that stop me :)

Currently I'm at 1680 ranking with 21 wins, 4 losses, and 16 (ugh) disconnects, none of which were by me :(

Interestingly enough, I've seen more sandstorm teams than rain, since I'd thought the latter would have been more dominant in this sort of thing....

I haven't bothered with my geonet, since this was sort of a rush to get back into mons and build a team, but if anyone sees a Natsuki (in english chars) it's probably me :O

16 games tonight. 4 losses due to picking the wrong backup mons, but always very narrow losses.

Don't know my ranking right now, but last I saw it was barely 1550 or so :(

Or maybe it hasn't updated yet? I hope that's the case. I'll try and get 20 or so tomorrow if my DS doesn't die

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
MUST TOP SINGAPORE BEFORE I HIT MASTERS
Jorm, Dragonite/Scizor/Metagross/Ferrothorn/Hydreigon/Volcarona

edit: ok so I somehow forgot Japanese dudes are allowed in here. ggGG

I've been lurking for an awfully long time, but now that this is up I may as well start posting again! I'm here as Tenodra.

hi guys,
played 3 games WON 3times but all Disconnect. do i still get points or i get notig

Trainer name is Kemal i have mix sun team.

Looks like the japanese have a fetish for Techniloom, and looks like the like to pair it with volcarona, that combo proven to be tought to beat. Everyone i faced i losed that battle.

Anyway, the master division is a little rough this time, good strategies, nice combos and deadly predicction.

Have had a lot of great and clutch matches with or without hax. Successfully using magic coat on a Breloom is the most satisfying thing ever.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader

Can't reupload it sadly. Try inserting the number in Pokecheck's VS Player and see if anything comes up.

Haven't posted in a while, but when I heard about this little tourney I thought I'd give it a spin, considering I haven't done any of these before. Although I seem to be getting all the D/Cers that everyone else misses, though I've not let that stop me :)

Currently I'm at 1680 ranking with 21 wins, 4 losses, and 16 (ugh) disconnects, none of which were by me :(

Interestingly enough, I've seen more sandstorm teams than rain, since I'd thought the latter would have been more dominant in this sort of thing....

I haven't bothered with my geonet, since this was sort of a rush to get back into mons and build a team, but if anyone sees a Natsuki (in english chars) it's probably me :O
Did you battle a Youngster named Joe, from North Carolina? I remember battling a Natsuki. Can't remember your team though. :/

Anyway, still going strong. 18 wins and 6 losses, along with 2 DCs. Rating fell behind a tad bit though, due to losing against some 1650+ players.

I also apologize to the Japanese dude that I just beat by getting a crit with -6 Scarfed Hydreigon's Draco Meteor, against Tyranitar under sand. I would've and should've lost that match. :(

Can't reupload it sadly. Try inserting the number in Pokecheck's VS Player and see if anything comes up.
Oh, didn't know that site had a Vs. player check (dang, you can even stalk what nature/move-sets people run). I remember that match actually when I was cursing at rock slide missing lol.

29 W / 2 L / 6 DC (1743 points) far now, it's pretty good, I think

glad I didn't see much d/cs, I just won a battle by freezing the opposite hitmontop at the end of the match, sorry if you are reading!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I certainly love winning as I have not yet lost since that very first match. There have been some closer matches though like the last 2 shown here. One of them had a stall chansey. By now I should be over 1650.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)