5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I've been trying to RNG a shiny Vulpix on W2 for a long time. I kept hitting my seed, yet all I've been getting is a Bronzor with Heatproof (which are 3 and 7). I've tried 108, 109, 110, 91, and 92 advances and ALL of them lead to the same Bronzor. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

The initial PID frame is 55 and the shiny frame is on 162. The beginning Chatot cry sounds High Pitched.

Edit: Nevermind. I finally got it. -3-;

The main window, where the PID frames are: Right-click and output the results to text. We might want to take a look at them.

Oh, and there are randonly moving NPCs in the area. In order to stop them, make them engage you in battle and move away from their location. Works only once, and only until you leave the map.

I have a question about RNGing Hidden Grotto Pokemon. Is there an easy way to count the 256 steps? Or do people just use max repel and count out 56?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Max repel is 250 steps, plus six extra. Alternately, you can go from one side to the other, and that's 8 steps, so doing that 32 times will give you 256 steps.

Max repel is 250 steps, plus six extra. Alternately, you can go from one side to the other, and that's 8 steps, so doing that 32 times will give you 256 steps.
Thank you for the response!

Other quick questions: I found this post http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411155&postcount=4 on BW2 calibration.
a) Is the arrows thing only available on the Mac-only program PPRNG? I don't see it on RNG Reporter.
b) What do the directions correspond to? That little box that resembles a clock that comes up at the end of the text when the game is loading?

Agonist

I think this is all the locations for BW2. Note that they're only standard grass encouters.

Code:
Location 1: Castelia Park
Location 2: Icirrus City
Location 6: Dreamyard (Vulpix is actually Munna)
Location 8: Pinwheel Forest (exterior)
Location 9: Pinwheel Forest (interior)
Location 10: Desert Resort (exterior)
Location 11: Desert Resort (interior)
Location 12: Relic Castle (Floor 1)
Location 13: Relic Castle (Floor 2)
Location 18/19: Relic Castle (bottom floor)
Location 20: Chargestone Cave (Floor 1)
Location 21: Chargestone Cave (Floor 2)
Location 22: Chargestone Cave (Floor 3)
Location 23 - 26: Twist Mountain (various floors)
Location 27: Dragonspiral Tower
Location 28: Dragonspiral Tower (pond area)
Location 29: Dragonspiral Tower (Floor 1)
Location 30: Dragonspiral Tower (Floor 2)
Location 32: Giant Chasm (exterior)
Location 33: Giant Chasm (cave)
Location 34: Giant Chasm (plains)
Location 35: Giant Chasm (Inner cave)
Location 36: Giant Chasm (Innermost Cave?)
Location 37-41: Castelia Sewers
Location 42: P2 Labratory
Location 45: Floccesy Ranch
Location 46: Virbank Complex (exterior) [Jigglypuff is actually Pidove]
Location 47: Virbank Complex (interior) [Jigglypuff is actually Pidove]
Location 48: Reversal Mountain (exterior)
Location 49-60: Reversal Mountain (interior)
Location 61-70 Stranger's House
Location 71: Victory Road (Floor 1)
Location 72: Victory Road (forest)
Location 73: Victory Road (Exterior) [Wigglytuff is actually Tranquil]
Location 74-75: Victory Road (Floor 2)
Location 76: Victory Road (Cliff area)
Location 77: Victory Road (Floor 3)
Location 78: Victory Road (Floor 4)
Location 79: Victory Road (Exterior 2) [Wigglytuff is actually Tranquil]
Location 80: Victory Road (N's Castle Entrance)
Location 81: Relic Path (Area 1)
Location 82: Relic Path (Area 2-3)
Location 83-92: Clay Road
Location 93: Seaside Cave (Floor 1)
Location 94: Seaside Cave (Basement)
Location 95: Nature Preserve
Location 99: Route 1 (Jigglypuff is actually on this route)
Location 100: Route 2 (Jigglypuff is acutally on this route)
Location 101: Route 3
Location 102: Wellspring Cave (Floor 1)
Location 103: Wellspring Cave (Floor 2)
Location 104-105: Route 4
Location 106: Route 5
Location 107: Route 6
Location 108: Mistralton Cave (Floor 1)
Location 109: Mistralton Cave (Floor 2)
Location 110: Mistralton Cave (Floor 3)
Location 111: Route 7
Location 112: Celestial Tower (Floor 2)
Location 113: Celestial Tower (Floor 3)
Location 114: Celestial Tower (Floor 4)
Location 115: Celestial Tower (Floor 5)
Location 116: Route 8
Location 117: Moor of Icirrus
Location 118: Route 9
Location 119: Route 11
Location 120: Route 12
Location 121: Route 13
Location 122: Route 14
Location 123: Abundant Shrine
Location 124: Route 15
Location 125: Route 16
Location 126: Lostlorn Forest
Location 127: Route 18
Location 128: Route 19
Location 129: Route 20 (Jigglypuff is actually Pidove)
Location 130: Route 22
Location 131: Route 23
reposting this.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for the response!

Other quick questions: I found this post http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411155&postcount=4 on BW2 calibration.
a) Is the arrows thing only available on the Mac-only program PPRNG? I don't see it on RNG Reporter.
b) What do the directions correspond to? That little box that resembles a clock that comes up at the end of the text when the game is loading?
1. PPRNG exclusive at the moment.
2. Directions are used to confirm you hit your seed. This is how you find parameters easily and how you RNG Dream Radar mons.

Can we get any kind of idea on a way to use the PPRNG calibration method on windows? :\ or if this feature can be added to RNG Reporter?
Wait patiently please. Slashmolder, IIRC, is the only one doing the active programming of RNG Reporter.

Agonist

afaik, that's a feature Slash is working on adding to RNGR.

edit: ninja'd by rj

Hey everyone! I have a problem with timer0 on B2, 3DS, last RNG reporter. I only have 2: 1683 and 167C. I hit more the second one but the problem is that when i try to search for a pokemon with the time finder, it won't throw any results. I think it's not working, can anybody help me? I'm trying to get a flawless Virizion. Thanks

Um... I was thinking that i should use Eontimer, i heard that it helps you find your timer0. Is there any guide for BW2 on 3DS that explaiins how to find my parameters? Or maybe an Eontimer guide?

You just set EonTimer to the number of seconds you want to hit, 30 is the easiest in my opinion. so if you want to hit the seed at 4:20:30 you'd set your clock to 4:20 on your DS, hit start on eon timer and set on the DS at the same time, or set it 1 minute before and hit eon timer when the minute changes, i do the first method and i hit every time...
eontimer beeps 6 times, you need to start your game on the 6th beep, hope i could help

So I think I found a good seed to use for Cobalion, on black. I've never been able to RNG anything befor so this time I'll opt for a non-shiny Cobalion because it'll be easier and also because it looks better in aqua blue compared to dark blue...

The seed I found is Frame 190 and the starting frame is on 50.

I'm a bit confused about the whole chatot thing. I know I have to listen to there cries but how do I determine how many cries I have to listen to? Can someone help me out?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Copy the seed to main page of the reporter.
Select the type of rng you'll do.
Specify if you're using a syncronizer or any other specific lead.
Click calculate initial pid frame.
Target frame - initial pid frame = advacements needed

Make sure you have a recorded chatter.

So for me it'll be Target frame (190) -starting frame (50) =40 chatots.

Is that right?

Also since it's on frame 1 I don't have to walk 128 steps right?

So now that i think i found my timer0, 'cos i'm using the one that i hit more, I'm trying to RNG a Virizion, just it's IVs. How do i have to advance the frame? It's on frame 8 and i know the initial is 1, so do i have to walk a determined number of steps with X pokemon in my team or am i able to use chatot here? Sorry if don't explain myself well, hope you can help me!

So now that i think i found my timer0, 'cos i'm using the one that i hit more, I'm trying to RNG a Virizion, just it's IVs. How do i have to advance the frame? It's on frame 8 and i know the initial is 1, so do i have to walk a determined number of steps with X pokemon in my team or am i able to use chatot here? Sorry if don't explain myself well, hope you can help me!
If you want to advance the IVRNG frame by X, then walk 128 steps with X pokemon. Use custom chatot pitches to advance the PIDRNG frame.

If you want to advance the IVRNG frame by X, then walk 128 steps with X pokemon. Use custom chatot pitches to advance the PIDRNG frame.
Ok, so chatot only works for PIDRNG. Such bad luck, i have to advance 7 frames to get to frame 8. I guess i'll have to walk 896 steps with only 1 pokemon in my team :S. Thanks for the info!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Ok, so chatot only works for PIDRNG. Such bad luck, i have to advance 7 frames to get to frame 8. I guess i'll have to walk 896 steps with only 1 pokemon in my team :S. Thanks for the info!
Keep in mind that walking also advances the PID frame occasionally, even if you're not in an area with wild Pokémon. Stick to IV frame 1, it'll make your life a lot easier. If you can't find anything, add keypresses if you haven't already or search more months/years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)