Offline Battle Tower teams

I'm not sure my original post will quite fall under "something substantial to contribute," but I'm hoping everyone's posts altogether will make this a worthwhile thread.

Goal: to have a useful "idea-starter" thread for others to see what works in the BT, and see what doesn't.

In this thread, please post your Offline Battle Tower teams and how far you've gotten with them.

Please do not post teams that are "I'm going to use this one" or "this one should get far (once I make it)" --- only post tried and tested teams, and how far you actually got with them in the battle tower.

EDIT: Because of the tremendous amount of replies, if you post your team in a sloppy format, I probably won't add it to the main post. Sorry. =(

These people have posted fake-ass teams:
Suicune137

Resources:
List of possible Battle Tower pokes: http://mewn.psupedia.info/Pokemon/BTMovesets.htm

Offline Single Battles

Died Battle 177 Team Rocket Elite

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
EVs: 100HP, 252Atk, 16SpD, 142Spd
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
EVs: 6HP, 252SpA, 252Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Counter
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252HP, 252Def, 6SpD
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Aromatherepy
- Softboiled

Pokemon this team has troubles with include Infernape, Blaziken, Tyranitar and Hippowdon.

Died Battle 166 valir

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Sp.Atk)
EVs: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
- Protect
- U-turn
- Brave bird
- Facade

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP, 176 defense, 82 special attack
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower
- Explosion/Haze (used both, currently explosion)

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Relaxed: 252 hp, 176 special defense, 82 defense
- Light screen
- Gyroball
- Explosion
- Protect

Swellow was the center of the team, and I would stall/explode pokes she couldn’t take out. For a while I ran bold max hp/defense Vaporeon with wish/baton pass/ice beam/substitute. Worked well, but Weezing is cool.

Died Battle 129 Jumpman16**

Starmie @ Expert Belt ** You wish!!
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Gets unequivocally better from Advance now that it has a good item to use (I used the almost-redundant Lum Berry on it in Advance the few times i used it in the BT). Hits 9 of 17 types for SE and can take a hit from a LOT of pokemon it can't OHKO, which is why I don't use the Life Orb whose recoil would kill it. Grass Knot would be an option over Thunderbolt if the rest of my team actually liked dealing with Gyarados lol

329 speed here: only Garchomp pretty much is a threat and of the three that are actually 333 speed, one is Timid. Not enough of a threat to make me consider a Timid Starmie and drop considerable power.

This very Starmie (with Lum) won me my Gold Symbol in the Battle Factory in Emerald after six straight weeks of mind-bogglingly bad luck, and will always have a place in my heart as "the best pokemon in the game". I built this team around Starmie, after my Bronzong/Gyarados/Cresselia and Garchomp/Metagross/Blissey teams I thought would be stronger failed.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry ** Like That?
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Sand Stream screws over enough Focus Sashes still to make the addition of Tyranitar a more than welcome one to my team. Jolly so it gets to 363 and beats all Base 115 Speed pokes after a DD, all of whom, with the exception of Floatzel and Ambipom, it can DD in their faces thanks to the SpD boost (Raikou, Starmie, Azelf). A free 3-0 win usually against Psychic types that can't hit it at all or only have like Shadow Ball...but the object isn't really to sweep with Tyra thanks to my next poke.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf ** Jet Blue
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Speed
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Crunch

What goes better with Sand Stream than Garchomp? Adamant Outrage from 396 speed is pretty damn dirty, and is the only move I really use besides EQ. Nothing in the DP BT surpasses 394 speed even with a Scarf besides the stuff you would expect — Ninjask and Electrode — so the rest of the EVs gladly go into HP for a relatively bulky revenge killer. Outrage is stronger than even a SE Crunch and if anything I'd replace the latter with AA to deal with Double Teamers, but that has much less efficacy unSTABbed and unboosted (I swore by AA on my CB Salamence on Emerald Frontier).

The idea is to take out basically everything I can with Starmie, gladly switching Garchomp into Electrics. Lead grasses can be a problem but Ice Beam can usually KO. If Starmie kills the first pokemon it is pretty much over, as I can and will sacrifice Tyranitar, as I kind of alluded to above (object isn't to sweep with Tyra), to better sweep with either Starmie or Garchomp as the situation calls for it. You essentially cannot do anything when Sandstream is running (go to hell Focus Sash/Band) against a 329 Speed Starmie and a 396 Speed Garchomp who together can OHKO like 90% of the pokemon in the game or something.

On paper, a Timid Latios (359SpA/350Spd) is better than a Modest Starmie (328SpA/329Spd), but with Garchomp also on my team, Latios would attract a lot of Ice Attacks, many of them being from Water pokemon that Tyranitar doesn't exactly like tangling with. The #1 reason, perhaps, that I can't use Latios is Weavile.

921 440 Weavile Brave Razor Claw Night Slash Metal Claw Slash Shadow Claw HP/Atk
922 576 Weavile Jolly Chople Berry Night Slash Ice Shard X-Scissor Poison Jab Atk/Speed
923 712 Weavile Jolly Choice Band Night Slash Ice Shard Aerial Ace Brick Break Atk/Speed
924 848 Weavile Jolly Focus Sash Night Slash Ice Punch Aerial Ace Brick Break Atk/Speed

If a Weavile leads off against Starmie, it is 100% going to Night Slash since all of them have it and an Ice Attack is NVE against Starmie, where it could be both SE and more power against Latios in the case of Ice Punch on the CB variant. So I can switch to Tyranitar into the Night Slash and get Sandstream going (as you can see, one Weavile variant has a Focus Sash that would otherwise allow it to sweep my team).

From Tyranitar, I can switch in my Scarfed Garchomp because it will not use an Ice Attack. It will use: BB, meaning it's the Focus Sash variant (848) that doesn't have Ice Shard; Metal Claw (440), meaning it can't touch Chomp (no Ice Shard); X-Scissor (576), which does 21-25%, or Night Slash again (712), which means it's the CB variant that can't use its Ice Shard. Only the X-Scissor variant (576) is cause for concern, since after the switch to Garchomp it will use an Ice Shard that does 66-78% but thankfully Weavile needs to do near max damage twice in a row to Garchomp (adding the 21-25% damage of X-Scissor), which is all the less likely thanks to Sand Veil.

As you can see, I'm proud enough of this team to have graced you all with another big boring Jumpman Wall of Words!

[ED: Here’s the list of battle tower pokes he’s talking about: http://mewn.psupedia.info/Pokemon/BTMovesets.htm]

Completed Battle 105 Nemesis

Garchomp @ Choice Band
IVs: 31 IVs in Attack and Speed
EVS: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge/crunch/filler

Not much that doesn't resist Outrage survives it in the battle tower...

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 31 IVs in Attack, Defense, and speed.
EVs: 252 Attk, 160 Spd, 96 HP
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Crunch over a rock move because crunch has 100% accuracy, unlike all physical rock ones, and I still wanted STAB (while having minimal misses).
I'm sure you all know how this works... Random pokemon like Palmer's Cresellia let him instantly set up...

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Atk)
IVs: I don't remember the IVs, but it's hidden power type is fighting with 70 power...
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Attk, 4 HP
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power (Fighting)

Biggest problem is Weavile; no other pokemon other then Gastrodon (lol) has ever really caused problems.
However, for some reason Weaviles are slower then Starmie, letting them be OHKOed via HP: fighting.
Type coverage of the team is overall quite excellent...

I currently have a win streak of 105, being to lazy to get it any higher after becoming satisfied with the result, as I doubt I get any further rewords other then more bp (although, if you wish to gain massive amounts of bp, it is faster to intentionally lose, so that you can re-battle Palmer to get the 20 bp he grants you)...

Died Battle 101 CZ

Gengar @ Wise Glasses
Nature: Hasty (+Speed, -Def)
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice (70 BP)

I used Gengar to try to avoid a Few OHKO Hax. (He’s immune to ¾ of them; Damn Sheer Cold.) Sometimes use Life Orb; Once Choice Specs. Focus Blast is a Savior in disguise.

Garchomp @ Life Orb (Sometimes Muscle Band)
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

This is a monster. After a Swords Dance, almost nothing survived an outrage hit. I used Fire Fang over Crunch, as it didn’t work so well.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Nature: Rash (+Sp.Atk, -Sp.Def)
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fighting (69BP)
- Explosion

Sent in last; used to clean up anything left after the first two.

This very offensive Group was able to sweep first and ask questions later.

Died Battle 92 Rubberbandman

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 Def / 120 Speed
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Azelf @ Wise Glasses
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Dunno why I kept Zen headbutt on metagross, but I've been doing pretty well.

Died Room 90 -FL-

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252Atk, 252Spd, 6Hp
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Starter, Sleep slower opponents (my Breloom carries 239Spd), then Substitute and attack. It is also very important that when you KO the poke, you have to be behind your Sub, so that if a faster opponent comes, you can Sleep it without any risk at all.

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Trait: Intimidate
Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
EVs: 252SpAtk, 252Spd, 6Hp
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

Covers one of Breloom's weaknesses (Fire lol), standard, destroys stuff, period.

Metagross @ Choice Band
EVs: 252Atk and the rest in Hp, Def and a bit in Spd.
- Meteor Mash
- ThunderPunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Pursuit isn't needed, but this is the Meta I use for WiFi, too. Covers up from Flying pests such as Staraptor, Dodrio, Aerodactyl, etc.

With SpecsMence and CBCross, I have covered all of Breloom's weaks, Ice is covered by Metagross, Fire is covered by Mence, so as Flying. He also laughs at Poison.

I got owned by a Quick Claw Ursaring using Aerial Ace to OHKO my poor mushroom on Turn 1, then QC'd and CH'd my poor Metagross with Earthquake. Salamence KO'ed the bear, but couldn't defeat a Dragon Pulse Lucario because he was stucked in his own Dragon Pulse. Room 90.

Completed Battle 86 V is for....Vespa!

Breloom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252atk / 252spd
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

Same thing as themaster42 [ed: then how come I can't get past room #23? T_T]

Milotic @ Flame orb
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 64 SAtk / 56SDef
- Recover
- Surf
- Toxic
- Aqua Ring

Metagross @ Choiceband
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Speed) (yea yea, i was too lazy to wait for adamant)
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch

This team did really well both times I used it. I died at floor 79 due to hax on my first try and am currently at floor 86. I always lead with breloom and usually go to metagross after it gets KOed. I also experimented with a ninjask lead and giving metagross a life orb. Worked out alright but this one has taken me further.

Completed Battle 86 Volteon
Heracross @ Choice Band
EVs: 6HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Heracross is from Emerald, so no Pursuit. Earthquake was useful at KOing Electric stuff or fire Pokémon like Infernape. Not using Stone Edge since Tyranitar also has it and I don't wanna get haxed with constant misses, but I hardly used Rock Slide there.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Tyranitar is resistent to every weakness Heracross has and helps me a lot at dealing with Double team Pokémon since I use Substitute. It was supposed to be a SubPuncher, might do this for competitive battles, but in Tower Earthquake works effectively.

Roserade @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 S.atk, 6 S.def, 252 Speed
- Weather Ball
- Extrasensory
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm

*Roserade and Heracross are great combined, Weather Ball gets Sandstorm boost and effectively counters slower Fire, Ice or Flying Pokémon. Extrasensory is my 100% accuracy move against weakened Fighting Pokémon and Grass/Poison opponents, may replace it with Shadow Ball to attack Psychic, but I have Tyranitar against them. Leaf Storm is a strong hit and run move and Sludge Bomb for STAB and Ludicolo which annoys me everytime I see that face.

Died Battle 81 nomargu46

Gyarados @ Focus Sash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang

Latios @ Leftovers
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

The team gels pretty well -- Heatran is given two ground-immune partners who can set up when they catch an attacker out of position. I basically lost because I had no status absorbers or Electric Attacks. and because an enemy Gyarados' Ice Fang froze both of my remaining pokes.

Died Battle 75? zaiosama

Azelf @ Petaya Berry
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Shadow ball
- Nasty plot

Set up in turn 1, rape in the next. Since he is frail petaya will activate in one hit unless it is super effective.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Imo taunt is useless in the tower, it really rapes after a single Dragon Dance.

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 DEF / 56 Sp.Def
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rest

This thing just rapes. Owned the tycoon the two times. Set up on milotic/cresselia or rape with icebeam and surf; it's gg. It's easy to set up on most matches.

I thought i had it (the 100 wins), but i got raped by an Abomasnow instead of OHKOing him with flame, I tried to set up - he landed sheer cold. Next I sent Suicune - he lands grass whistle and 2HKOs my Suicune with Wood Hammer iirc. I sent Tyranitar and he lands a critical Focus Blast, lol.

Died Battle 73 NorthernPolarity

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 6HP
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

My starting pokemon, who's primary job is to 1 shot my opponents starting pokemon with a draco meteor, or hydro pump/flamethrower if they're weak to those moves, then switch out to my physical "tank", metagross, or my special wall, blissey.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk, 108 Spd, 150 HP
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Agility
- Meteor Mash

Decent sweeper, but I usually use him to explode something that salamence has trouble with, such as palmers cresselia. Note that agility is not very useful in BT, and that i'm using pokemon from my online team offline.

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def, 252 Sp Atk, 6 HP
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled

The real backbone of my team, blissey walls off any special attacker, such as palmer's milotic and heatran and has just saved me on so many occasions.

I got to room 73 with this team, although I'm gonna try again tonight, since I made a stupid mistake and kept my salamence in vs a lapras, thinking that Draco Meteor could 1 shot it. I'll post later, to see how much farther i get.
Apparently theres lots of synergy with metagross and flying pokemon such as salamence, because the BT people are smart-stupid AI, who will EQ gross if they have it, which warrants a free switch in from salamence.

Died Battle 67 Familiar Trainer

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

See what I mean by half-trained? It should of had Fire Fang, but whatever. Choice Banded Outrage kills the Battle Tower.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Pursuit
- Night Slash

What? No Swords Dance? Well, it's supposed to be a Choice Bander, but seeing as how Garchomp is already holding one, I figure Focus Sash is the next best thing.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 228 HP / 32 Atk / 148 Def / 100 Spd
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Standard-ish. Still haven't gotten around to replacing Waterfall with Taunt.

Died Battle 67 CZ

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 6 Attack (don't know why [ed: or how, lol])
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Hidden Power (Fighting, 69BP)
- Explosion

Nukes The World.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

If Azelf doesn't Nuke the World, this does

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 88 Attack, 168 Speed, 2 Special Attack (For the ribbon)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Crunch

Last resort. Sturdy(ish) Build

Died Battle 66 Pitcher

Ambipom @ Life Orb
- Fake Out
- Return
- U-Turn
- Shadow Claw

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Mild (+Sp.Atk, -Def)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Overheat

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
- Knock Off
- Counter
- Force Palm
- Stone Edge

Win Streak of 64 before I got beat by a Umbreon with Swagger/Screech

I now have Lava Plume and Explosion over Flamethrower and Overheat so I'm going to give it another try soon.

Died Battle 65 Expert Evan

Weavile @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 atk, 216 speed, 40 hp
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

Starmie @ Brightpowder
EVs: 252 sp.atk, 252 speed, 6 hp
- Ice beam
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Electivire @ Life Orb/Muscle Band
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spd, 6 hp
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Cross Chop

For alternatives, I have Juuka's rash heatran and an adamant gyarados as lately I cannot seem to get past the 36-42 round.

Died Battle 65 Grade-Zero

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
EVs: 252 hp / 252 atk / 6 def
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Gallade @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 atk / 6 Sp.Def / 252 speed
- Leaf Blade
- Night Slash
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut

Salamence @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 6 Sp.Def / 252 speed
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse

Dead at 65. I was testing out teams to see which one would get me the furthest in a shorter amount of time. I lost to a Suicune and Latios. The third enemy poke is unknown.

Died Battle 65 Fool_Hi

Empoleon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 6 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet

Interesting lead. Hurts a lot and can shoot out a lot of attacks due to its defenses. Also used to cover up my other guys' weaknesses. Aqua Jet is really situational, but it saved my life at least twice, and there's not much else to put anyway. Gonna add a few speed EVs eventually so it'll outspeed Swampert. Anyone knows how much?

Weezing @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Def / 90 SpAtk
- Sludge bomb
- Will-o-wisp
- Haze
- Pain Split

Bold would've been better, but oh well. Mostly for double teamers, but gets Weavile and stuff too. I think I'm the only one here with the Smogon mascot =/

Latios @ Lum Berry
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Safeguard
- Recover

64 wins. Lum Berry is there so I can switch into things, and in case someone I don't expect statuses me. Then Safeguard right after. Can also take all of Empoleon's weaknesses. Could definitely use a better EV spread.

Apart from hax, the only real problem I've seen so far was a Pinsir. (>_>) Mold Breaker + EQ hurts.

Completed Battle 63 RaikouLover

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Speed / 252 SpA
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot
- Close Combat

Great lead. Nasty plot + Blaze Flamethrower almost OHKO Palmer's Cresselia

Azelf @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bashful (Yea I know)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp / 252 SpA
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Explosion

Like mentioned above, what the Ape doesn't nuke, this little guy nukes.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Viel
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 At / 252 Sp
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Clean up.

Swept first, asked questions later.

Died Battle 63 Powerful Blaziken88

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Naïve (+Speed, -Sp.Def)
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Sp.Atk / 6 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

A set I made inspired by a GameFAQs member making a somewhat similar Dragonite. Works in Wi-Fi and the Battle Tower as well. In Wi-Fi, it causes sheer surprise, while in the Battle Tower it outspeeds and KOs some common threats without breaking a sweat. Usually lead with it so I can switch out and come back later and kill something else that isn't expecting. :D

Salamence @ Life Orb
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
EVs: 252 Speed / 158 Atk / 100 Sp.Atk
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

It actually does fairly well. Being able to smack things from both sides of the spectrum hard is nice. I'll probably use a DD one when I end up raising it, though. Still, my Mixmence helps out. And of course, we have the typical ground-weak Pokemon covered by a flier.

Infernape @ Muscle Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

We've all seen this one. Packed a nice punch. Muscle Band because of the stupid item clause, and because Flare Blitz recoil + Life Orb + sandstorm damage does not suit me.

Observed weaknesses: Starmie, Aerodactyl, Swampert, Rhyperior (solid rock versions [ability is random in the BT I believe]), damn Trick Room...
Died at battle 63 to a stupid TR team. Except, they knew how to stall, and just when TR ended, out comes a nasty surprise - Starmie. Tyranitar was gone, so I was toast.

It isn't the best, but considering all I wanted was battle points, and that was my record, I wasn't about to complain. Once I raise some more defined sweepers and probably a Blissey, I'll challenge it again and see how far I make it.

Died Battle 63 xcfrisco

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 speed, 252 att
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 hp, 252 att
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Avalanche

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 200hp, 252 def, 56 sp.att
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Ice Beam

Try to sweep w/ Azelf, Focus Sash ensures that I get at least one Nasty Plot in. Rhyperior is my Normal/Flying resist that RAPES everything and really only dies to stab Surfs and Energy Ball. Blissey is my insurance policy against water pokes and really bulky special attackers.

I got to battle 63 w/ this team, lost a Sleep/Resttalk/DT/SheerCold Glalie w/Quick Claw. It was ridiculous.

Died Battle 62 kingbattlus

Heracross @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 atk / 252 speed / 6 hp
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge

Heracross has been doing GREAT things for me in the BT. I've been using choice band 'cause I don't have a choice scarf right now, but CB heracross is more threatening in the BT I think because with the 252 speed EVs it outruns a lot of stuff for me.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful (+Sp.Def, -Sp.Atk)
EVs: 160 def / 140 hp / 140 def / 76 atk
- Crunch
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep talk

Walls very well and also does a decent amount of damage.

Slowbro @ Wisdom Glasses
EVs: 232 hp / 180 def / 100 sp atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Surf
- Slack off

Once it sets up with calm mind, it's pretty beefy and hits pretty hard also.

The third poke varies. I generally try to use something that uses special attacks and also takes hits decently - Slowbro has been working well.
With Snorlax to absorb status, Heracross to rape things, and Slowbro who is just hard to take down, it works out relatively well. I've been doing quite well - got to battle 62.

Died Battle 62 Shiny Crobat

Weavile @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spd
- Pursuit
- Night slash
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

Starmie @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 sp atk, 252 spd
- Ice beam
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spd
- Swords dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earth quake
- Fire Fang

CB weavile with the pursuit and nightslash set. A (RSE) standard starmie with a focus sash, that way it's able that always switch in. And a standard life orb garchomp, they're pretty good.

Died Battle 61 YJiang

Gengar @ Expert Belt
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-Wisp
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Two STABs off of its good special attack. Hooray for special Sludge Bomb.

Staraptor @ Life Orb
- Brave Bird (roflcopters)
- Aerial Ace
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

Aerial Ace for Double Team.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Ring (couldn't think of anything better)

I got to 28 (still counting) with these.

Completed Battle 58 Dan Dan

Garchomp @ Life Orb
IVs: 28 / 31 / 29 / 19 / 31 / 31
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

Metagross @ Leftovers
IVs: 30 / 31 / 28 / x / 15 / 29
EVs: 156 HP / 236 Atk / 116 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Thunderpunch
- Earthquake
- Agility

Gyarados @ Mystic Water
IVs: 31 / 28 / 17 / x / 26 / 29
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 138 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Died Battle 58 Cyl3x

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Salamence @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 SAtk
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast

Milotic @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 128 HP, 252 Def, 40 Sp.Atk, 88 Sp.Def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Porygon-Z died to Alakazam's Focus Blast. Salamence kills Alakazam with Dragon Claw. Next is Skarmory, and Salamence eventually wears it down with repeated Dragon Claws. Opponent sent out Froslass. Salamence Dragon Clawed it to red health, but got OHKOed with Ice Beam. I send out Milotic, and Froslass uses Destiny Bond to kill us both, ending my streak.

Died Battle 58 Arvandor

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 atk, 200 speed, 58 hp
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 hp, 158 def, 100 sp.def
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Hypnosis
- Recover

Weavile @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 6 hp
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Brick Break

Lead with Dragonite, DD once, and sweep. If I thought an ice attack was coming in, switch to Milotic, sleep it, then either try to kill it (other waters were problematic) or risk a switch to Weavile then SD and sweep. I decided to switch Milotic for Bronzong on the last set of matches, since Stone Edge generally OHKO's Dragonite, and Milotic can't take many of them either, but then something like Infernape or the Slowkings running flamethrower would wreck me as I soon found out. My loss went like this:

Opponent leads with Slowking, so I switch to Bronzor. I Toxic it, but Slowking has flamethrower, which eventually takes out Bronzong even with rest. Weavile goes out and Swords Dances and kills Slowking (+ Toxic damage). Wailord comes out and Weavile can’t OHKO, and Wailord kills it. Dragonite comes out, and Wailord gets Quick Claw activation to OHKO with Ice Beam.

Died Battle 56 Synecdoche

Weavile @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252att/252speed/6sp.def
- Night Slash
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Swords Dance, hold on with Sash and Sweep, basically, although some good judgment needs to be made if you suspect the comp to be using Choice Scarf, (check the AI battle list for all the upper level pokemons' move/itemsets)

Togekiss @ Lum Berry or Leftovers or Shell Bell, mostly Lefties
EVs: 252 Sp.att/120 Speed/72 Sp.Def/64 HP
- Flamethrower
- Aurasphere
- Air Slash
- Wish

Flamethrower kills pesky steels/ice/grass physical walls. Aurasphere hits Double Teamers. I have enough speed to flinch hax lower-than-70 speeders with Air Slash. Wish renews the other sleepers.

Electivire @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Speed 252 Attack 4 HP
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch

Yeah, these got me to 56 rounds. Palmer was a breeze the 2nd time around when he uses legendaries ^_^

Died Battle 56 Raikizen

Ninjask @ Liechi
Trait: Speed Boost
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor

My amazingly fast lead. He subs, then subs again if need be. If not, he sword dances. If his HP goes crit, then Liechi berry goes off. I have always maxed the attack on my Ninjask because a +2 STABBed X-Scissor off his Attack always hurts. But, he can always pass to....

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Thunderpunch
- Stone Edge

Ahhhh, I love my little fire monkey. He is max speed attack and uses expert belt because I don't like recoil that much. He can receive the boosts from Ninjask, and that is always fun, especially with the swords dance. He does amazing damage and covers well. But, if I don't want him to receive the boosts, there is always....

Rhyperior @ Wide Lens
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang/Avalanche (Depends on my mood at the time: Currently Ice Fang)

And now I have my little Juggernaut Rhino. =^.^= Well, he can hurt without a Swords Dance pass, but with it - ouch. He can use the speed too if he needs it. Wide Lens is there to help with Megahorn and Stone Edge's accuracy. I really don't like missing. I have actually been thinking about sticking Dragon Rush on him, since with Wide Lens it will have higher accuracy, and I don't think any Dragon would want to come in on max att, +2 Rhyperior Dragon rush. lol

Died Battle 55 Extrasensory

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Pursuit

Generic CS hera.

Azelf @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Awesome. I lead with this for the first 21 battles and it usually gets them over with pretty quickly

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 156 Def / 36 SAtk / 48 SDef
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

Eh I needed something bulky on my team.

Died in battle 55 to a quick claw metagross.

Died Battle 54 Arvandor

Metagross @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 atk, 152 speed, 106 hp
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm

Dragonite @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 atk, 200 speed, 58 hp
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 hp, 158 def, 100 sp.def
- Curse
- Return
- Crunch
- Rest

Between Metagross and Dragonite, everything is resisted/negated except dark/ghost, and Snorlax covers ghost. Snorlax is also resistant to fire and ice, which are SE against Gross and Dragonite respectively. Though, since switching in the BT is generally pointless, I'll probably switch out for a third sweeper... like a NP Azelf if I can trade for a one with a decent nature/IVs. I lost to a Mamoswine:

Metagross used Meteor Mash, it missed. Mamoswine used Fissure, it hits. Dragonite used Dragon Dance, Mamoswine uses Ice Fang but Focus Sash lets it hold on. Dragonite uses Outrage, but only 98% damage. Mamoswine uses Ice Fang, Dragonite dies, then it uses Fissure to kill Snorlax.

Died Battle 50 MilesThirst

Weavile @ Focus Sash
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
- Ice Punch

Gengar @ Wise Glasses
EVs: 252 sp.atk / 252 speed / 6 hp
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Electivire @ Expert Belt
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop

I believe I got swept by a Kingdra, and almost got swept by a Weezing.

Died Battle 50? CactuarJoe

Breloom @ Focus Sash
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Brick Break

Salamence @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Electric
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Calm (+Sp.Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp Def
- Thunder
- Counter
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled

Died Battle 50?

Heracross @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

(Yes, Female Hera oO) Practically a CB Version only that I don't like to switch that much in the Battle Tower because of the risk of a Double Team/OHKO.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk, enough speed to outspeed Jolly Weavile after an Agility and the rest in HP/DEF
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Vaporeon @ Lefties
EVs: 188 HP, 252 Def, 68 SpA
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Roar

Vaporeon is there because I wanted a Bulky Water, Manaphy is banned and I don't have a Suicune, if not I would go with Chesto Rest CM Suicune.

I always lose around Battle 50 and always because of hax... I have problems against Electric Pokes, especially Zapdos and Raikou (The only ones I've seen after Battle 48 hehe). Swampert could be a good option too mmmmmmmmm...

I've gotten a great time with Lum Berry, for me its a MUST in my team because Hypnosis, WoW and the side effects of attacks seem to afflict you 99% of the time, lol xD

Completed Battle 49 Maestro

Alakazam @ Choice specs
EVs: 252 speed / 252 sp.atk / 4 def
- Psychic
- Grass knot
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 atk / 100 hp / 100 spd / 58 sp.def
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Agility

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 atk / 252 spd / 4 hp
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Completed Battle 49 Drew108

Azelf @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4HP
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot

Manectric @ Sitrus Berry (soon to be Expert Belt)
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4HP
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Fighting (68 base power)
- Charge Beam

Flygon @ Life Orb
Nature: Lonely (+Atk, -Def) (yeah, I was lazy)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4HP
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- U-Turn

This team has won me 49 battles so far, except for the 3th set of seven, where I switch Flygon for a Feraligatr w/ Ice Punch, to take down Palmer's Dragonite.

Died Battle 49 Ano_Otoko

Glaceon @ Choice Scarf:
Nature: Modest (+Speed, -Atk)
EVs: 130 Hp, 252 Speed, 128 SpA.
- HP Fighting (70)
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Zapdos @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP, 36 Speed, 200 Sp.D
- HP Grass (70)
- Discharge
- Roost
- Light Screen

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 Atk, 216 Speed, 60 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Had Zapdos playing both physical and Special sponge to acceptable effect (Roost is so completely awesome in the face of stone edge...or Ice beam, since it effectively removes the flying type). The dragonite is pretty standard fare, just DD and EQ\Outrage appropriately. And Glaceon, I'm starting to love that thing, ice beam has been pretty much 2hKO on almost every poke. Didn't really run into issues until Palmer and his damn heatran again. Zapdos was stalling it out quite well...until it exploded >_< Next up, Dragonite and Regigigas ended up killing each other, and finally, Cressalia Moonlighted and CMed up until it killed Glaceon with psychic.

Died Battle 49 massi4h

Salamence @ Choice Specs
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SAtk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Roar

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 SAtk / 188 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Died at 49 due to not completing movesets (or even EV training Cune), but haven't done much yet. Seems real solid though.

They all support eachother in a triangle really, Suicune takes SpecsMence's ice attacks, Electivire takes Suicune's electric attacks and Salamence takes Electivire's ground attacks. Only reason I lost to the second stage of the tycoon was because Suicune didn't have roar, so I had nothing that could take out Cresselia, now my Suicune can CM up with it, then roar it out.

Died Battle 49 OmegaDonut

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30/2/15/31/30/30
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Rock (70)

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 14/30/5/29/28/29
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Gallade @ Leftovers
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
IVs: 31/31/20/10/0/31
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Hypnosis
- Will-O-Wisp

Posting this team for no reason except to show that Choice Specs Eruption Typhlosion is awesome. Actually, this team does really well against most things, except it gets walled by Palmer's Cresselia. The thing I should've done was swap out either Latios or Gallade for something that wasn't walled by Cresselia in the second Tycoon stage, then switch back for all others.

Typhlosion OHKOed Regigigas and Heatran with Focus Blast, but had to switch out to Latios when Cresselia came in. That's when it started Calm Minding up. Although at some point I put it to sleep with Hypnosis, I couldn't do enough damage before it woke up and healed off the damage with Moonlight.

Died Battle 48 Juuka

Salamence @ Choice Specs
- Dragon Pulse
- HP Grass
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor

Gyarados @ Life Orb
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Occasionally I swap out Salamence for:
Heatran@Choice Scarf: Smoke Erupt/Earth Power/Dragon Pulse/Explosion
Lucario@Choice Scarf: Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse/Psychic/Dark Pulse

Died Battle 48 ShadowNinja X7

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
EVs: The DD EV spread from the analysis, don't remember right now
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Dragonite owned for a while. DD'd up if he could, and the Outrage'd through the whole team. If something didn't die and/or status'd him, Lum Berry cleared that right up.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 4 Def
- Agility
- Tri-Attack
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam

Switches in on free SpAtk boosts (really easy to get in BT) then either Agility's/KO's/revenge kills with Charge Beam, and sweeps for as long as possible.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
EVs: 40 HP, 252 Atk, 218 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Brick Break

He own'd a LOT of stuff, except Bronzong, lol.

I got to battle 48 with this team, and lost Dragonite and Porygon-Z due to Quick Claw hax. Weavile doesn't get a Swords Dance off, but manages to KO 2 pokemon, and then out comes Bronzong, who KO'd Weavile since he really couldn't do any damage to it.

I'm thinking about trying out my Nasty Plot Porygon-Z, Nasty Plot Azelf and Heatran/Infernape next. Or maybe mixed Infernape, Electivire and Rhyperior. Possibly Specsmence, Weavlie and Rhyperior. I don't know, I have so many pokemon I want to use, and only 3 slots to fit them in.

Died Battle 47 Judgement

Starmie @ Choice Specs
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Speed / 252 Satk
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Metagross @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Atk / 16 Def / 8 Speed
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Heracross @ Leftovers
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Megahorn
- Night Slash
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

I got to battle 47 but then I got lucked out. I haven't tried since.

Died Battle 43 Krul

Garchomp @ Lum berry
Nature: Naive (+Speed, -Sp.Def)
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Metagross @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Def / 40 SpDef
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Lost to Horn Drill Rapidash. Darn Horn Drill. Bit of a special weakness on my team though.

Died Battle 43 Julius

Azelf @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Hp
- Nasty Plot
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

A standard Nasty Plot Azelf. I have found Energy Ball to be overall more useful than Grass Knot in the BT due to the fact that it doesn't have garbage power against light-weights.

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Hp
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Fire Fang

Too lazy to rebreed for Outrage. Besides, I don't really want to risk something like Weavile coming in after my first Outrage to own me. Dragon Claw is still very effective.

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash/Leftovers
Trait: Sandstream
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Hp
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

If I use this again in the BT, I'll be getting rid of Taunt. Pretty useless against computers IMO. Though, it's my only defense against Double Team...

If Azelf goes down, this team will have some serious Weavile problems. In fact, the thing that beat me in the 43rd round was an Ice Punch/Brick Break Weavile. =/

Completed Battle 42 Dan Dan

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Sp.Atk)
[Colour Glasses]
- Bug Buzz
- HP Ice [64]
- Air Slash
- Shadow Ball/Ancient Power [I used Ancient Power for the first 35, then changed to Shadow Ball]

Metagross @ Choice Band
[Clear Body]
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful (+Sp.Def, -Sp.Atk)
- Curse
- Shadow Ball
- Body Slam
- Rest

My best team so far has been a bug suprise actually! [ed: grooooaaan! ;-)]

Up to 42 so far, might try Heracross/Electivire/Gyarados for the Battle Tycoon.

Completed Battle 42 aquasuicune

Yanmega @ Wide Lens
Nature: Mild (+Sp.Atk, -Def)
- Hypnosis
- Protect
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz

I love this thing. Wide lens really is a great item on it, as it helps with hypnosis' accuracy, and it ensures that air slash won't miss. It's strong, fast, puts stuff to sleep, etc. etc. etc.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Tri-Attack
- Dark Pulse

It kills stuff, especially what Yanmega has put to sleep. I really should put a choice scarf on this thing though...

Cresselia @ Leftovers
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam

Usually doesn't die.

I've gotten to the 42nd battle with this team. I didn't die, I just haven't felt like going on. I like this team, although I sometimes stick heracross in it for sake of having a physical attacker.

Completed Battle 42 iPodschun

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 16 Atk / 180 Def / 100 Spd
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Garchomp @ Life Orb
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Aerial Ace (to hit anything with evasion moves)
- Swords Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 100 HP / 158 Spd
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar

Each of them covers another's weakness going down the line. and are either immune or take 1/4x damage from another's 4x weakness. Lum Berry lets Gyarados get off an opening Dragon Dance at the least.

Completed Battle 42 Foreys

Breloom @ Focus Sash
EVs: 6 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge

Standard. Focus Sash guarantees at least one sleeping opponent, leaving Breloom free to FP with impunity. He handles annoyers well, absorbing Toxic and putting them to sleep before they DT up.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Nature: Docile (+/- None)
100 HP / 252 SPATK / 156 SPDEF
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunder Wave
- Explosion

Thunder Wave helps my team a lot, since as a whole, it's pretty slow. Explosion takes care of Walls like Cresselia, which I have problems with. Sturdy also helps with those cheap OHKO users. I love using this guy, but HP Ice was a bitch to breed for.

Gyarados @ Concentration Band
6 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Standard again, but he rips things apart. I needed an EQ user.

I finished making this team just recently, but so far it's undefeated at 42 wins.

Died Battle 42 Familiar Trainer

Salamence @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse

Usually kills the first Pokemon. Nice for a rather fast match.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Back-up sweeper, usually my first choice before Cressy. I've been thinking about adding in my Electivire somewhere in this team to support it, but everybody seems pretty important.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP/ 140 SpDef / 116 Def / 40 SpAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Use her when I get in a tight spot. She also absorbs sleep, which is always a plus. Charge Beam sweep is slow, but usually steady, which is why I keep her.

Surprisingly, Rock moves haven't been the slightest of problems. I've only seen two or three Stone Edges, actually.

Died Battle 42 Choche

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Psychic

Just as Specsmie, but i kinda dislike Choice Items, so it holds Life Orb, it can use all of its moves, with the power boost ^^, it costs a little HP though.. but with the good type coverage that its moveset has I usually finish quickly, if i can't, Meta and torterra are still the hehe

Torterra @ Big Root ("Curseterra")
Nature: Impish (+Def, -Sp.Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 Def
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Curse
- Earthquake

Leech Seed has saved my ass quite a few times, i just need to throw my magical seeds and then curse until it can't do it anymore, if by that time the foe isn't dead either Wood Hammer or EQ finish it

Metagross @ Wide Lens ("Agiligross")
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Def
- Hammer Arm
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

It used to have Shell Bell attached, but wide lens makes meta less likely to miss, and God i hate to miss! >=(, since i can get a Thunderpunching metagross(because i don't own Emerald) I gave him Hammer Arm, IMO a nice attack, good power, not too much accuracy but wide lens kinda helps, EQ powerful and Accurate, what else could you possibly ask for, Agility is just a standard, so is Meteor Mash, which BTW has better accuracy with wide lens

Got countered by a Blissey/Lickitung/Porygon Z team -_-

Died Battle 42 kanak0

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Sdef, 6 Def
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- EarthQuake
- Aqua Tail

Electivire @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 ATK, 252 Spd, 6 Def
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Cross Chop
- Thunder Punch

Gardevoir @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 SAtk, 6 SDef
- Hypnosis
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Bolt

I tend to lead with Gardevoir and sleep whatever comes out first. Then I switch to Gyarados and DD up. After a DD or 2 I sweep. If something can kill my Gyarados, its usually an electric type, I send out Electivire.

Died Battle 42 VashTheStampede

Ramprados @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 6hp
- Crunch
- SE
- EQ
- Zen Headbutt

Goes straight for the throat. I would have Rock Polish over Zen, but I have no more RP TMs. :\ (Was thinking about Swords Dance, not sure though)

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Surf
- Psychic
- T-Bolt
- Ice Beam

This is what I used back in FRLG, except replaced it's item. Just attack things with weak SD or go for a super-effective hit 4tw.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Air Slash
- Ancientpower
- Aura Sphere
- Wish

I don't see much use out of Wish, but it could come in handy, imo. Thinking about removing AP because it's a bit too weak for me, dunno what to replace with. Basically, I just sweep with Air Slash + Serene Grace + TimidScarf = Go First and Flinch. Personal Record is flinching T-Tar 5 times then killing it, go me!

I've gotten walled 6 times at battle 42. The last time I lost was to Yanmega, Arcanine, and Staraptor or whatever.

Died Battle 40 Thorns

Infernape @ Expert Belt/Focus Sash?
Nature: Lonely (couldn't be bothered breeding)
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Sp.Def, 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

Set up first turn, sweep. If something I can't touch comes out (Gyarados, Sala), U-Turn outta there to...

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 220 Atk, 38 Def, 252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

My strongest Pokemon. EV'd to take hits. I can't OHKO Mamoswine without a Swords Dance, and this guy get's OHKO'd by all form of Blizzards, Ice Beams, whatever. Survives Ice Fangs, strangely.

Lucario @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

Good coverage. Takes down Double Teamers, but dies to all forms of Earthquakes and Close Combats :( Heck, this guy got knocked out by a Hi Jump Kick from a MEDITITE in the first round.

Died Battle 40? Ujjay

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Atk
- Explosion
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

Kills stuff then explodes.

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SP def
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Surf

It tanks.

Swampert @ Shell Bell
Nature: Quirky
EVs: 129 HP, 129 Sp.Def, 252 Atk
- Curse
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Curses then kills stuff.

Died Battle 37 kanak0

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

After a DD I can beat almost anything not steel with Outrage. Thats where Fire Punch and Earthquake come in.

Rhyperior @ Wide Lens/Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk, 156 HP, 106 Def
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Mega Horn
- Hammer Arm

Depending on my moods, I may hate to miss, hence Wide Lens. Otherwise CB anything from Rhyperior kills most things in one hit.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 HP, 6 Def
- Surf
- Grass Lnot
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

I use this Empoleon outside of BT so that's why Stealth Rock. Its also useful against random flying types and fire types. Empoleon also takes care of my large ice weakness.

Completed Battle 35 ShadowNinja X7

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 218 Spd, 40 HP
- Nasty Plot
- Tri-Attack
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam

As much as I hate to say it, I like this guy more than the first one I posted. EV's let it outspeed max speed Adamant Heracross, and OHKO's it with Tri-Attack. Standard other than the EV's and Charge Beam.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
Trait: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP, 228 Def, 20 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Ruins Quick Claw haxxors, and walls the shit out of a lot of stuff. He can paralyze anything, and dish out a surprising amount of damage with Power Whip. Tangrowth laughs at Weavile's Ice Punch, and paralyzes it, letting my other pokemon take care of him.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
EVs: 252 Atk, 40 HP, 218 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Brick Break

This Weavile really owns BT. Almost Guarenteed 1 SD, and after that, he does a ton of damage, and is faster than hell.

I'm not quite sure about this team yet, I made it past battle 35, but I'm not sure how it's going to do later on. Any advice? I'm thinking about putting Heracross in instead of Weavile, but then it'd give me 2x flying weak instead of 2x fighting weak. Maybe Electivire instead, Tangrowth absorbs EQ like nothing, and Electivire is plenty strong. I don't like him as much as Weavile or Heracross, but oh well. I really wish I could fit Heatran in there, but 2x Sp. Sweepers and 2x fighting weak doesn't look to good to me.

Died Battle 34 TempestJG

Salamance @ Choice Specs
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Dusclops @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Rest
- Will-o-wisp
- Mean Look

(Not a Dusknoir because there's no one nearby to trade with, and I don't trust random people on the internet that say they'll trade)

Metagross @ Life Orb
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Agility
- Thunderpunch

Lost to a Charizard that got Sunny Day set up (after Salamance died), and swept my team with Flamethrower.

Died Battle 34 Eo Ut Mortus

Roserade @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb

Rhyperior @ Passho Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Life Orb
EVs: 200 Speed / 252 SpA / 36 SpD / 22 HP
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Dragon Pulse
- Explosion

Completed Battle 30 wifiddle

Metagross @ Life Orb
EVs: 100 HP, 252 Atk, 16 SpD, 142 Speed
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Explosion (think I should replace Explosion with Ice Punch so I have a way of dealing with dragons)

My Starter. Kills a lot of things until its Life Orb nearly kills it which I use Explosion.

Salamence @ Choice Specs
EVs: 6 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

Does anyone think I should put this as my starter? Well-covers Metagross’ weaknesses and kills anything that tries to wall Metagross.

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp.Def
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Aromatherepy
- Softboiled

Cleric and stops special sweepers.

Died Battle 30? takenbyname

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
EVs: 240 HP, 56 Atk, 212 Def
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Avalanche
- Waterfall

Waterfall does surprisingly huge amounts of damage to whatshisname's Rhyperior. Stealth Rock is cool to have, although I might get rid of it for, say, Rest.

Gallade @ Shell Bell
Trait: Steadfast
Nature: Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
EVs: 236 HP, 252 Atk, 20 Spd
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave
- Stone Edge

Thunder Wave pwns, 'nuff said.

Porygon-Z @ Wise Glasses
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SAtk, 6 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Tri Attack

Didn't have access to HP Fighting so had to settle with this. But it works awesomely.

Battery Died Battle 29 PurplePupitar

Azelf @ Life Orb
Nature: Serious (+-None) (Yeah I didn't bother going with a Synchronizer)
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

Nasty Plot and sweep, moves can hit any type combination out there.

Torterra @ Quick Claw
EVs: ??? --- Don't know EV's, he was my Starter
- Curse
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer

Basically there if Azelf faints.

Garchomp @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch

Just something that I had at the moment to fill the third slot

I only got to battle 29 because my DS battery died in the middle of the battle

Completed Battle 21 Jibaku

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

Basically sweeps. Destroys Tycoon's stupid RhyINFerior on the first turn

Heracross @ Choice Band/Scarf
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash / Sleep Talk

Sleep Talk, although a one time use, might save me from the constant Hypnosis things like to do on me.

Cresselia @ Lefties
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight

Miss Support. Lols at Sharky. sets up Reflect so stuff doesn't eat me.

Obviously, Gengar and Weavile are going to pose some troubles (which is why I considered Scarf on Hera), but it's going to get paralyzed by Cressy or OHKOed by the others, unless it comes in on Hera's STAB moves

So far got to the tycoon's 1st round. Nearly lost to Milotic only because it has Hypnosis. I didn't lose yet.

Completed Battle 21 Andren

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Trait: Adaptibility
EV's: 56 HP/252 S. ATK/200 SPD
- Hyper Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Took down Palmer's Dragonite and Rhyperior with only one Beam.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
Nature: Bold
EV's: Can't remember, whatever Serebii suggests (3rd Gen)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Salamence @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 4 HP/252 ATK/20 DEF/20 S. DEF/216 SPD
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roost

Porygon-Z hardly ever faints. Only fainted about twice, including Tower Tycoon. Then it's usually Milotic, who Toxics and then damages them until they die.

Lost, Battle 24 Me

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Stream
IVs: 25/31/30/12/29/28
EVs: 42HP / 252Atk / 216 Speed
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Nature: Quiet (+Sp.Atk, -Speed) <-- untrained
IVs: ???
EVs: ??? (Tycoon's Milotic outspeeds it. T_T)
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Night Shade
- Destiny Bond

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
IVs: 22/30/26/26/30/11
EVs: 128/168/214
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

EV-trained Tyranitar actually outspeeds almost everything in the lower rounds, and I can sweep those with only him. Untrained Gengar holds me back, and is a liability against the Tycoon (he's out-sped by Tycoon's Milotic), but he's nice to switch in against an expected Ground/Fighting against Tyranitar. I suck with Wobbuffet, and he should be killing more than he does.

Overall I think the lesson is you should definitely have natured/EV-trained pokes for the Battle Tower.

Offline Double Battles

Died Battle 103 bejlash

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest (+SpA , -Att)
EVs:252 SpA / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Metagross @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant (+Att , -SpA)
EVs: 252 Att / 152 HP / 108 Speed
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest (+SpA , -Att)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly (+Speed , -SpA)
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Brick Break

Yeah, so it was double battle. Anyways, the strat was to put anything faster than Gross asleep and then EQ or Explode. Mence and Weavile clean things up. But I lost to a fire team. Gar's hypnosis missed against an Infernape and it all went down from there...with Hydro Pump missing three times...>_>

Died Battle 100 Robo Mike

Gengar @ Life Orb (lead)
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 SA, 6 HP
- HP Ice
- T-Bolt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp @ Choice Band (lead)
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
- EQ
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge

Milotic @ Wide Lens
EVs: Forgot EV spread, but it had Speed, HP, SA and Defense EV's.
- Toxic
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Attack, 180 HP, 76 Speed
- Meteor Mash
- EQ
- Thunder Punch
- Agility

The goal is to eliminate at least one of the opposition with both leads, even at a suicidal cost. The times I lost, both leads of the computer opponent survived, or in one case, Garchomp got stuck doing Earthquake against an opponent's Drifblim. The Drifblim exploded but I got awarded the loss. It's just plain BS that all ties are awarded to the computer...

Died Battle 60 kanak0

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Def
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Solrock @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 Def, 252 HP
- Rock Slide
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion

My leads gets my sandstorm started and raise my defense even more. Solrock explodes when it has used both screens. I never explode on TTar.

Rhyperior @ Wide Lens/Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk, 156 HP, 106 Def
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Mega Horn
- Hammer Arm

Same as before

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SDef
- Toxic
- Steel Wing
- Spikes
- Roar

Lay out spikes and toxic shuffle. Also allows my team to hit hard with EQ when Solrock dies or uses both of its screens.

Completed Battle 56 Cyl3x

Metagross @ Muscle Band
EVs: 252 Atk, 100 HP, 56 Def 100 Speed
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Magnet Rise

Salamence @ Choice band
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Dragon claw
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.Atk
- Ice Beam
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic toss
- Softboiled

Starmie @ Life orb
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Strategy: Metagross magnet rises. Salamence EQ's, Metagross EQ's everyone dies. Ice Beams are handled by Starmie and Blissey. Life orb recoil from Starmie is gone with the aid of recover. Blissey uses Aromatherapy to prevent crippling on this team.

I used a crappy Timid version of SpecsMence, Modest Boltbeaming P-Z, and Choice Scarf Metagross for a while and got pretty far (battle 60 or so) but then got haxed to death.
Good topic, I've been wondering what kind of team I should make for the battle tower. I figure a combination of three decently bulky sweepers with lots of combined resistances, type coverage and mini-roles. Sacrificial moves like D-Bond and Explosion, I've seen, are great in the tower if you're in the lead.
I've also learned that if you're competing soley for BP, using your favorites isn't going to help much. Try using pokes that are pretty hard to stop, like Breloom, T-Tar, Metagross, or pretty much any DDer. When I get bored my my project I'll think hard for a day and come up with a good BT team.

It's crappy for the battle tower, which is why I don't get further probably, but I can generally sweep the first 20 trainers usually only ninjask passing to machamp, but milotic owns me, being faster than everything, and I haven't trained a special wall yet.

Also, if I ever bother to play it further, I should probably throw in something with Sturdy to counter OHKO's. >_>

Beat Round 3 (Haven't tried any farther)

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptibility
Nature: Modest
EV's: 56 HP/252 S. ATK/200 SPD
Hyper Beam
Nasty Plot
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Took down Palmer's Dragonite and Rhyperior with only one Beam.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EV's: Can't remember, whatever Serebii suggests (3rd Gen)
Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Recover

Salamence @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 4 HP/252 ATK/20 DEF/20 S. DEF/216 SPD
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Roost

Porygon-Z hardly ever faints. Only fainted about twice, including Tower Tycoon. Then it's usually Milotic, who Toxics and then damages them until they die.

Azelf helps quite a bit for the Tower.
I also used Swampert /w EQ, Surf, Ice Beam and a filler, along with a Leftovers/Aqua Ring/Recover/Surf/IB Milotic with a Modest Nature and some Offensive EVs. Works really well against the Tycoon.

Breloom nearly got me to the 100th floor =(. He's a good poke to use.
What set do you run? I'm interested making Breloom my next ingame project. I was gonna use:

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP, Adamant
~Spore
~Seed Bomb
~Focus Punch
~Stone Edge

Pretty standard, and taken almost exactly from the Analysis to boot. I figure it'd own a lot of ingame BT pokes.

The highest I've ever gotten was 48 (one more battle until Tycoon V2) before dying to hax.

Salamence@Choice Specs: Dragon Pulse/HP Grass/Flamethrower/Draco Meteor
Gyarados@Life Orb: Dragon Dance/Stone Edge/Ice Fang/Waterfall
Tangrowth@Leftovers: Power Whip/Leech Seed/Knock Off/Toxic

Occasionally I swap out Salamence for:
Heatran@Choice Scarf: Smoke Erupt/Earth Power/Dragon Pulse/Explosion
Lucario@Choice Scarf: Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse/Psychic/Dark Pulse

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Salamence @ Choice Specs
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower
Basically sweeps. Destroys Tycoon's stupid RhyINFerior on the first turn

Heracross @ Choice Band/Scarf
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash / Sleep Talk
Sleep Talk, although a one time use, might save me from the constant Hypnosis things like to do on me.

Cresselia @ Lefties
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
Miss Support. Lols at Sharky. sets up Reflect so stuff doesn't eat me.

Obviously, Gengar and Weavile are going to pose some troubles (which is why I considered Scarf on Hera), but it's going to get paralyzed by Cressy or OHKOed by the others, unless it comes in on Hera's STAB moves

So far got to the tycoon's 1st round. Nearly lost to Milotic only because it has Hypnosis. I didn't lose yet.

I actually considered using the Mimic glitch on my Latios and give it Nasty Plot/Spacial Rend/Recover/Spore for kicks, but then I decided to go the legit way

Got to Room #81 with this team:

Gyarados (Adamant) @ Focus Sash
~Waterfall
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance
~Ice Fang

Latios (Timid) @ Leftovers
~Dragon Pulse
~Psychic
~Calm Mind
~Recover

Heatran (Modest) @ Choice Scarf
~Flamethrower
~Earth Power
~Dark Pulse
~Dragon Pulse

The team gels pretty well -- Heatran is given two ground-immune partners who can set up when they catch an attacker out of position. I basically lost because I had no status absorbers or Electric Attacks. and because an enemy Gyarados' Ice Fang froze both of my remaining pokes.

EDIT: oops i was thinking Heatran already. Psychic is the other attack on Latios.

I've been at 42 for awhile now, as I was busy breeding and EV training some pokes. I'll probably go after the tycoon tonight though most likely; I need two more power items before I have my set e_e I've also suffered a terrible loss against a speed team in the WiFi battle tower (no hax even!) at Rank 4, so I'm considering replicating it somewhat. It was something like Raikou/Weavile/Yanmega iirc, but there could have been an Alakazam or Aerodactyl over the Weavile.

Salamence @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse

Usually kills the first Pokemon. Nice for a rather fast match.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Back-up sweeper, usually my first choice before Cressy. I've been thinking about adding in my Electivire somewhere in this team to support it, but everybody seems pretty important.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP/ 140 SpDef / 116 Def / 40 SpAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Use her when I get in a tight spot. She also absorbs sleep, which is always a plus. Charge Beam sweep is slow, but usually steady, which is why I keep her.

Surprisingly, Rock moves haven't been the slightest of problems. I've only seen two or three Stone Edges, actually.

I got to around battle 75 with this team

azelf@petaya
hasty 252 spatt 252spd
psychic
flamethrower
shadow ball
nasty plot
set up in turn 1, rape in the next, since he is frail petaya will active in one hit unless it is super effective

tyra@lum
adamant 252att 252 spd
ddance
stone edge
crunch
eq
imo taunt is useless in the tower, it really rapes after a single dd

suicune@lefties
bold 252 hp 200dfns 56spc dfn
calm mind
surf
icebeam
rest
this thing just rapes, owned the tycoon the two times, set up on milotic/cresselia or rape with icebeam and surf, its gg, its ez to set up on most matches

I thought i had it (the 100 wins), but i got raped by a abamasnow (or however the grass ice thing is called), insted of ohkoing him with flame i tried to set up, he lands sheer cold, next I sent cune, he lands grass whistle and 2 ohkoes my suicune with wood hammer iirc, i sent ttar and he lands a critical focus blast lol, obisly the tower really cheated, i was kinda mad and havent tried since then >>

My team that got me to battle 67 was....

Azelf@ Focus Sash
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Attack (dont know why)
Rash Nature
-Nasty Plop
-Psychic
-Hidden Power (Fighting, 69BP)
-Explosion
Nukes The World.

Garchomp@ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Fang
If Azeld Doesnt Nuke the world, this does

Tyranitar@ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 HP, 88 Attack, 168 Speed, 2 Special Attack (For the ribbon)
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
Last resort. Sturdy(ish) Build

Win Streak of 64 before I got beat by an Umbreon with Swagger/Screech :(

Ambipom@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
-Fake Out
-Return
-U-Turn
-Shadow Claw

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Mild Nature
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Overheat

Hariyama@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
-Knock Off
-Counter
-Force Palm
-Stone Edge

I now have Lava Plume and Explosion over Flamethrower and Overheat so I'm going to give it another try soon. Ambipom is by far the all-star. When facing people on Wifi they can't believe how much damage he's doing. I've had people saying im critting all the time when those are just normal hits.

For the ones who asked, I use:

Breloom @Toxic Orb
EVs: 252Atk, 252Spd, 6Hp
Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Starter, Sleep slower opponents (my Breloom carries 239Spd), then Substitute and attack. It is also very important that when you KO the poke, you have to be behind your Sub, so that if a faster opponent comes, you can Sleep it without any risk at all.

Salamence @Choice Specs
EVs: 252SpAtk, 252Spd, 6Hp
Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

Covers one of Breloom's weaknesses (Fire lol), standard, destroys stuff, period.

Metagross @Choice Band
EVs: 252Atk and the rest in Hp, Def and a bit in Spd.
Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- ThunderPunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Pursuit isn't needed, but this is the Meta I use for WiFi, too. Covers up from Flying pests such as Staraptor, Dodrio, Aerodactyl, etc.

With SpecsMence and CBCross, I have covered all of Breloom's weaks, Ice is covered by Metagross, Fire is covered by Mence, so as Flying. He also laughs at Poison.

I got owned by a Quick Claw Ursaring using Aerial Ace to OHKO my poor mushroom on Turn 1, then QC'd and CH'd my poor Metagross with Earthquake. Salamence KO'ed the bear, but couldn't defeat a Dragon Pulse Lucario because he was stucked in his own Dragon Pulse. Room 90.

I got one that worked quite nicely. Got me to battle 30 or so I think.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP, 56 Atk, 212 Def
Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Avalanche
- Waterfall

Waterfall does surprisingly huge amounts of damage to whatshisname's Rhyperior. Stealth Rock is cool to have, although I might get rid of it for, say, Rest.

Gallade @ Shell Bell
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 236 HP, 252 Atk, 20 Spd
Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave
- Stone Edge

Thunder Wave pwns, 'nuff said.

Porygon-Z @ Wise Glasses
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SAtk, 6 HP
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Tri Attack

Didn't have access to HP Fighting so had to settle with this. But it works awesomely.

I died at battle 103 with this team:

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Modest (+SpA , -Att)
EVs:252 SpA / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant (+Att , -SpA)
EVs: 252 Att / 152 HP / 108 Speed
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Modest (+SpA , -Att)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly (+Speed , -SpA)
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Brick Break

Yeah, so it was double battle. Anyways, the strat was to put anything faster than Gross asleep and then EQ or Explode. Mence and Weavile clean things up. But I lost to a fire team. Gar's hypnosis missed against an Infernape and it all went down from there...with Hydro Pump missing three times...>_>

A sad demise for such a well-thought-out team.

I have a crappy Timid SpecsMence that I rushed to get some easy BP right off the bat after first defeating the E4, disregarding the fact that it has a 0 SpA IV and <25 Spd IV. I'm thinking of re-breeding him for Modest with 31/31 in Speed/SpA. But... At first, I thought that Choice items in the Battle Tower would be great, because OHKOs are awesome. However, the ability to sweep is much more valuable than being stuck on a poorly effective move after a kill. Life Orb, Expert Belt, Leftovers and the like that give me support as well as the option of chosing between my moves have proven to be more effective.

I've also realized that Baton Passing is kind of pointless. Wasting a pokeslot with a BPer is pretty much like sacrificing a valuable pokemon for the possiblility of doing well with another. Though sweeping is what we're aming for, wasting a single poke does not constitute the cause.

Also, walls aren't as useful as they could be, I don't think. Sure, being able to take a hit is great, but they should be taken in the form of resistances (Metagross, Dragons, etc) rather than stats. This is because usually, defensive pokes lack sweeping potential which is key in the ingame BT. Switching a lot is a key technique on Wi-Fi and in competative battles, but ingame pokes won't offer too much of a threat to have you switching left and right. Plus, taking into account how many battles you're going to be fighting, shorter battles are much more appealing.

Finally, Focus Sash can do wonders. Assuming your pokemon's speed is high enough, Focus Sash guarantees a turn of set-up unless you're flinched, Sanstream'd or whatever. A fast poke using Nasty Plot / Swords Dance / Dragon Dance and surviving an opponent's hit can be very hard to stop.

We should compile a list of supreme Battle Tower pokemon. A few off the bat that I can think of are:
~Breloom
~Metagross
~Salamence
~Garchomp
~Latios
~Heatran
~Azelf
~Porygon-Z

Baton passing isn't useless. TRE got to about 170 wins I think and he/she used Umbreon on his/her team.

I am planning this team for the tower; what do you guys think?

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sandstream
Nature: Adamant(+Atk , - S.Atk)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Taunt

Cradily @ Leftovers
Trait: Suction Cups
Nature: Careful (+S.Def, - S.Atk)
EVs: 252HP /164 Def/92 S.Def
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Recover
-Toxic

Froslass @ Choice Specs
Trait: Snowcloak
Nature: Timid (+Spd, - Atk)
EVs: 252 S.Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Crap I have a problem with Steel moves. Stupid Metagross could cause problems. Cradily does awesome under SS, by the way. Frosslass covers Fighting weakness of Cradily and Tyranitar. Sandstream owns Focus Sash.

Baton passing isn't useless. TRE got to about 170 wins I think and he/she used Umbreon on his/her team.
Oh, I meant things like Ninjask and Jolteon, frail things that are sacrificed by doing their jobs, pretty much.

Anyway, on retrospect, I suppose walls may be the most effective way of getting to the highest rounds, but... I'd rather breeze through them with sweepers than wait and slow my progress by using walls, assuming the reason you're playing the BT in the first place is for the BP, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)