Warstory: The Swines of War

The Swines of War (NU Warstory)​

Greetings Smogon and welcome to my first Warstory! I recently started playing NU because I found OU and UU to be too stale. NU is a very interesting tier because you’ll always find new and interesting pokemon sets to use. With that said, please ignore my use of the tiers top threats. I wasn’t feeling creative when I made my team. =P

The name of this warstory is “The Swines of War”. War has been on my mind a lot lately and this battle is a perfect example of the horrors of war, most notably, ego. This was a fun battle and I thank muggedbynerd for giving me such a great battle and then letting me write this warstory. Without further ado, I present “The Swines of War”.

NATdude's team:
Piloswine / Musharna / Pinsir / Ludicolo / Garbodor / Braviary

muggedbynerd's team:
Golem / Wartortle / Weezing / Kadabra / Parasect / Haunter

Battle between NATdude and muggedbynerd started!
NATdude sent out Piloswine!
muggedbynerd sent out Wartortle!

I almost always start my battles off with piloswine. There are only a handful of threats that can stop him. He lays down my rocks and can hit pretty much anything for great damage while also taking hits. However, Wartortle is not one of the pokemon I wish to set up on so I comes the #1 threat of NU, Ludicolo!

Turn 1
NATdude called Piloswine back!
NATdude sent out Ludicolo!
The foe's Wartortle used Scald!
It's not very effective... Ludicolo lost 6% of its health!
Ludicolo restored HP using its Leftovers!

Ludicolo switches in safely, yes! This battle can be mine! It’s time to Rain Dance up!

Turn 2
Ludicolo used Rain Dance!
It started to rain!
The foe's Wartortle used Toxic!
The attack of the foe's Wartortle missed!

Hah! He missed with Toxic! This is going to be an easy sweep! I’ll take down his biggest threat, set hazards and win yet another match.

Turn 3
Ludicolo used Giga Drain!
It's super effective! The foe's Wartortle lost 40% of its health!
The foe's Wartortle used Toxic!
Ludicolo was badly poisoned!
Ludicolo was hurt by poison!

Wha? What?! Giga Drain didn’t even do half! I got cocky because I thought Wartortle would go down in a single hit. Not only that, but Ludicolo doesn’t have as much time as I would like since he’s poisoned.

Turn 4
muggedbynerd called Wartortle back!
muggedbynerd sent out Parasect!
Ludicolo used Giga Drain!
It's not very effective... The foe's Parasect lost 7% of its health!
The foe's Parasect had its energy drained!
The foe's Parasect's Dry Skin heals it!

If things weren’t bad before, they are now. Parasect comes in unscathed and the only thing I can do to it is hit it with Ice Beam. Here goes nothing.

Turn 5
Ludicolo used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! The foe's Parasect lost 46% of its health!
The foe's Parasect used X-Scissor!
It's super effective! Ludicolo lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Parasect's Dry Skin heals it!
The foe's Parasect restored HP using its Leftovers!

Not even half! If I had Life Orb I could have gone for the 2HKO, but I decided leftovers would work better. Not like it mattered. Ludicolo would be dead with Life Orb by now.

Turn 6
muggedbynerd called Parasect back!
Ludicolo used Ice Beam!
It's not very effective... The foe's Wartortle lost 9% of its health!
The rain stopped.
Ludicolo fainted!
NATdude sent out Musharna!
5-6

I lose Ludicolo who was my best insurance against Wartortle and his spinning tactics. Musharna, however, can take a toxic and send it back to Wartortle thanks to her ability. I can then use heal bell and moonlight to stall him out.

Turn 7
muggedbynerd called Wartortle back!
Musharna used Psychic!
The foe's Parasect lost 28% of its health!

Well. He didn’t stay in for the toxic. This guy is smarter than I thought. The next play is by far one of the worst in my history of pokemon battling. X-Scissor would have killed me, but in the end it works out.

Turn 8
The foe's Parasect used Spore!
Musharna fell asleep!
Musharna is fast asleep.

I thought I would put Parasect to sleep as well, but it didn’t happen. Oh well. Let’s take this Parasect down before it causes too much trouble.

Turn 9
NATdude called Musharna back!
NATdude sent out Pinsir!
The foe's Parasect used Knock Off!
Pinsir lost 6% of its health!
The foe's Parasect knocked off Pinsir's Choice Scarf!

Not only is one of my wallbreakers dead, but my cleaner has lost his choice scarf. Shit. Oh well. Stone Edge should kill it. Right? Right.

Turn 10
muggedbynerd sent out Weezing!
Pinsir used Stone Edge!
The foe's Weezing lost 23% of its health!
The foe's Weezing restored HP using its Black Sludge!

For whatever reason my brain can’t understand the concept of switching. Pinsir can’t touch Weezing. Might as well set some hazards.

Turn 11
NATdude called Pinsir back!
NATdude sent out Garbodor!
The foe's Weezing used Will-O-Wisp!
Garbodor was burned!
Garbodor was hurt by its burn!

Garbodor can only set up toxic spikes now. Great. I have a dead poke, a sleeping poke, a slow revenge killer and a burned wall. I’m going to lose.

Turn 12
muggedbynerd called Weezing back!
muggedbynerd sent out Golem!
Garbodor used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of the foe's team!
Garbodor restored HP using its Black Sludge!
Garbodor was hurt by its burn!

Toxic Spikes are down meaning his Wartortle won’t be coming in without getting poisoned. However, Golem can kill me in one hit with Earthquake. I need to get in Pinsir who can at least weaken Golem.

Turn 13
NATdude called Garbodor back!
NATdude sent out Pinsir!
The foe's Golem used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around your team!

I get Pinsir in safely, but he gets up rocks. Pinsir and Braviary are going to have a hard time getting in and out now. Let’s just damage golem so I can finish him off later.

Turn 14
Pinsir used Close Combat!
It's super effective! The foe's Golem lost 63% of its health!
Pinsir is hurt by the foe's Golem's Rocky Helmet!
Pinsir's Defense fell!
Pinsir's Special Defense fell!
The foe's Golem used Rock Blast!
A critical hit! It's super effective! Pinsir lost 78% of its health!
Hit 1 time(s)!
Pinsir fainted!
NATdude sent out Piloswine!
Pointed stones dug into Piloswine!
4-6

The crit meant nothing. Close Combat didn’t kill. Not even an Adamant nature would have saved me. But Piloswine can finish off Golem securing my first kill.

Turn 15
Piloswine used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The foe's Golem used Earthquake!
Piloswine lost 36% of its health!

Rocks don’t make a huge difference, but hazards are always good. Earthquake does nothing and I’m sure he’s fearing a KO on Golem, who walls my Braviary. Earthquake will do decent damage to everything on his team except Parasect which dies to Ice Shard.

Turn 16
muggedbynerd called Golem back!
The foe's Wartortle was poisoned!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Wartortle!
Piloswine used Earthquake!
The foe's Wartortle lost 37% of its health!
The foe's Wartortle was hurt by poison!
The foe's Wartortle fainted!
muggedbynerd sent out Haunter!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Haunter!
4-5

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Wartortle falls to Piloswine on the switch! My hazards are here to stay and nothing can stop Piloswine from racking up kills.

Turn 17
The foe's Haunter used Trick!
The foe's Haunter switched items with Piloswine!
Piloswine obtained one Toxic Orb!
The foe's Haunter obtained one Eviolite!
Piloswine used Icicle Spear!
The foe's Haunter lost 21% of its health!
The foe's Haunter lost 24% of its health!
Hit 2 time(s)!
Piloswine's Toxic Orb activated!
Piloswine was badly poisoned!

In the end, Toxic Orb doesn’t hurt me that much. Piloswine is my go to switch in for Haunter since most of them don’t carry Eviolite and those that do are easily OHKO or 2HKOed by Icicle Spear.

Turn 18
The foe's Haunter used Venoshock!
It's not very effective... Piloswine lost 37% of its health!
Piloswine used Icicle Spear!
The foe's Haunter lost 23% of its health!
The foe's Haunter lost 20% of its health!
Hit 2 time(s)!
The foe's Haunter fainted!
Piloswine was hurt by poison!
muggedbynerd sent out Golem!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Golem!
The foe's Golem was poisoned!
4-4

The match is finally evened out thanks to Piloswine. Haunter couldn’t even KO me without my Eviolite further proving that Piloswine is a great counter to Haunter. Golem isn’t much of a problem. Priority handles him nicely.

Turn 19
Piloswine used Ice Shard!
It's super effective! The foe's Golem lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Golem used Sucker Punch!
But it failed!
Piloswine was hurt by poison!
The foe's Golem was hurt by poison!
Piloswine fainted!
The foe's Golem fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Weezing!
Pointed stones dug into Musharna!
3-3

A double down. Piloswine and Golem fall to toxic. I had hoped that Ice Shard would kill Golem, but a failed sucker punch works just as well. Switching in Musharna worked out in my favor since Weezing is afraid of Psychic and Kadabra hits like a girl. (No offense to girls).

Turn 20
muggedbynerd sent out Kadabra!
The foe's Kadabra was poisoned!
Musharna is fast asleep.
Musharna restored HP using its Leftovers!
The next few turns all end the same way. Kadabra is trying his hardest to KO me. I’m just trying to wake up Musharna.
Turn 21
The foe's Kadabra used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective! Musharna lost 31% of its health!
Musharna is fast asleep.
Turn 22
It's super effective! Musharna lost 35% of its health!
Musharna is fast asleep.
Turn 23
It's super effective! Musharna lost 33% of its health!
Musharna woke up!
Musharna used Moonlight!
Musharna regained health!

It got pretty close there. Kadabra can’t KO me unless he gets a crit or a Sp. Def drop. Time to stall a little more until I can fight back.

Turn 24
It's super effective! Musharna lost 33% of its health!
Musharna used Moonlight!
Musharna regained health!
Turn 25
muggedbynerd called Kadabra back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Parasect!
The foe's Parasect was poisoned!
Musharna used Heal Bell!
A bell chimed!
The foe's Parasect was hurt by poison!

I get back to a reasonable amount of health and cure Garbodor of his burn although Garbodor can’t do much to his team anyway.

Turn 26
Pointed stones dug into Garbodor!
The foe's Parasect used Spore!
Garbodor fell asleep!

I guess I should have left Garbodor burned, but he’s better off as sleep fodder for now.

Turn 27
NATdude called Garbodor back!
NATdude sent out Braviary!
Pointed stones dug into Braviary!
Braviary restored HP using its Leftovers!

I was hoping to wall parasect and win the match with Braviary, bu Kadabra scared me. I guess I could have tried to of set up, but HP Ice could have been a 2HKO. Back to my Wall!

Turn 28
muggedbynerd called Kadabra back!
NATdude called Braviary back!
Pointed stones dug into Musharna!

The double switch once again goes in my favor. Weezing would have burned me and made the match so much harder to win. Luckily, Psychic will do decent damage to the rest of his team.

Turn 29
Musharna used Psychic!
It's not very effective... The foe's Kadabra lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Kadabra's Special Defense fell!

Kadabra doesn’t have much time left. I thought he might switch, but nothing is going to take a psychic very well.

Turn 30
It's super effective! Musharna lost 35% of its health!
Musharna's Special Defense fell!
Musharna used Psychic!
A critical hit! It's not very effective... The foe's Kadabra lost 68% of its health!
The foe's Kadabra fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Parasect!
3-2

The only real hax in our match. I’m not sure if Kadabra would have lived after that hit, but it was pretty close. My Sp. Def drop is equaled by his earlier.

Turn 31
Pointed stones dug into Garbodor!
The foe's Parasect used X-Scissor!
It's not very effective... Garbodor lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Parasect fainted!
3-1

The match meets its end with Weezing vs. my walls and sweeper. Weezing isn’t a threat with Musharna around.

Turn 32
muggedbynerd forfeited.
NATdude won the battle!
And that’s the match!

Muggedbynard made some great plays early on, especially with working around my Ludicolo. His team put up a great fight and in the end, left me with one of the best matches if ever had.
I changed my team up a little after this match. Completely getting rid of Pinsir and changing the sets of other pokemon. While I learned a lot about my team’s weaknesses, I also learned that I shouldn’t get cocky while playing. The first 15 turns were absolute hell for my team.

Least Valuable Pokemon (LVP)

Ludicolo – Ludicolo is great pokemon, but not perfect. He’s not meant to be a wallbreaker like I had been playing him. Teams are becoming more and more prepared for this monster and I quickly took note. After the match I gave him Life Orb rather than Leftovers.

Braviary – A pokemon I always consider switching because he can become dead weight with his long set up time and piss-poor coverage. Of course he sweeps teams better than anything in the metagame so I can’t complain when he does get on a roll. Sadly he came out once in the match to siply take SR damage. Although he could have cleaned up if musharna fell earlier.
Weezing – By far the best check to Braviary, Weezing would have been great if I had a chance to get my big bird out. Outside of taking a stone edge and burning Garbodor, Weezing just sort of sat there.

Greatly Valued Pokemon
I know this isn’t common, but these guys need a round of applause.
Wartortle – This little pain in the ass took a giga drain like it was nothing and had me scrambling to get my team together. I always get a little shaky when I see him because I know he’s the first that has to go down. Without him, I would have tried to sweep the team with my ego at an all-time high.
Parasect – Taking out Ludicolo was a great play, neutering Pinsir was even better and putting Musharna to sleep had me backed in a corner. Parasect was the most unexpected pokemon to give me trouble and could have really hurt my team.
Musharna – Musharna is a dominating NU pokemon. I couldn’t have won the match without her. If she hadn’t woken up when she did, I would have lost for sure.
Garbodor – Never underestimate the power of toxic spikes. Garbodor did one thing the entire match and did a damn good job. Toxic Spikes helped kill Parasect, Golem and Wartortle.

MVP
Piloswine!
The Swine of War himself lead me to victory. Piloswine died young like all good heroes do. He took down Wartortle, Haunter and Golem while also setting up some rocks. Before this match I had looked at Piloswine like the younger, less talented brother of the OU giant known as Mamoswine. But afterwards I realized how much of a monster Piloswine truly is. Only a few pokemon can truly counter him (water types, Miltank, and a few others).

Thanks for reading! I hope you all enjoyed my battle! If you have any suggestions at all, let me know. If you would like to read more warstories, also tell me! I have a Youtube channel and I’m considering making battle videos like this.

Note: I'll finish putting the sprites in soon. My brain is just fried right now. Continue to enjoy the warstory!

1- Find the image or gif ("sprite") you want. (you can find them here, for example (in this site you can just click "copy link adress")
2- Right click it and select "Copy image URL" or something similar.
3- When editing/writing a new post, click the "mountain with yellow sky" icon.
4-paste your copied link.
5- FOR SUBSEQUENT USES OF THE SAME IMAGE, PLEASE SELECT IT AND PRESS CTRL+v. I KNOW THIS IS OBVIOUS, BUT IT MAKES YOUR WORK WAAAAY FASTER THAN IT WOULD BE.

1- Find the image or gif ("sprite") you want. (you can find them here, for example (in this site you can just click "copy link adress")
2- Right click it and select "Copy image URL" or something similar.
3- When editing/writing a new post, click the "mountain with yellow sky" icon.
4-paste your copied link.
5- FOR SUBSEQUENT USES OF THE SAME IMAGE, PLEASE SELECT IT AND PRESS CTRL+v. I KNOW THIS IS OBVIOUS, BUT IT MAKES YOUR WORK WAAAAY FASTER THAN IT WOULD BE.
Thanks man!

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Really nice battle, btw! It was interesting; actually made me keep reading, instead of skipping to see the winner lol xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)