People if you want to try something crazy:

Kyurem-B @ Babiri Berry Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 40 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 212 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sunny Day
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

Use this on a sunny team. As you know Kyurem-B can switch into pretty much every water-pkmn, like Politoed. Use this as your advantage to summon the Sun, and roast Ferrothorn and Scizor! It works every time and it's always pretty funny :3 The EV's are random, change them as much as you want

Sidenote: Kyurem-B in Sun walls every Water Move in existence

wouldn't you rather have kyurem-b in rain? being a dragon type he already naturally resists water moves... and in the rain his neutrality to fire is nerfed meaning he actually resists it.

wouldn't you rather have kyurem-b in rain? being a dragon type he already naturally resists water moves... and in the rain his neutrality to fire is nerfed meaning he actually resists it.
Its less about Kyurem-B and more about the team. Kyu-B makes Politoed a liability, and it can help win the weather war with Sunny Day. This is huge for sun teams, and Kyu-B isn't really tough to fit in, seing as you're already needing a spinner if you use Ninetales.

i'll agree with you that a spinner is basically necesary for sun and that it wouldnt be difficult to fit kyurem-b onto a sun team. however, what exactly does kyurem b accomplish by killing ferrothorn and scizor? ninetales and common sun pokemon such as victini/heatran/venusaur (with hp fire) can all accomplish the same thing. i feel like just because it can set up sunny day and use hp fire to surprise opponents doesn't mean that his use on sun teams is justifiable.

it may help you out against rain teams but against sand kyurem becomes a liability. tyranitar switches in for free, but i guess the fact that you can change the weather against him is nice. terrakion is in the same position as tyranitar except that it basically sets up on you, resisting every move bar fusion bolt..

it may help you out against rain teams but against sand kyurem becomes a liability. tyranitar switches in for free.
If you are so worried about Tyranitar and Terrakion, change Ice Beam(which is neutral against both *facepalm*) to Earth Power, although I'm not sure how you play Pokemon, because if Terrakion kills Kyurem my Sun-boosted Venusaur/Victrebel kills Terrakion? You can also try something else for Ice Beam...

Furthermore Kyurem-B in Rain? Seriously? Did you ever tried it or do you just theorymon? Kyurem-B =/= Rain, that's a fact. It's the worst dragon in Rain, I'm serious. It's that bad.

"What does he accomplomish with killing Ferrothorn/Scizor?" First can't set up, second can't bullet punch your chloropyhll sweeper. Furthermore Kyurem isn't walled by other similar Steel-Types

Note that the EV's I'm mentioned are random: People who like the set and testing it could probably provide something more useful than what i got after some fights, in which he did his job well.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
@ Hiddenfreezer- You're right that Kyurem-B works well in the sun but i think that is because it already has good synergy with sun teams. However, its kind of overkill putting hp fire on it when it has other viable moves and the rest of your team can generally deal with steel types easily.

I think running a standard set such as scarf fits on to sun teams well and it plays into what Kyurem-B does best, sweep. Common sun pokes such as heatran and xatu cover Kyurem-B's weaknesses very well. Also hp fire doesnt help on scizor because bullet punch is an ohko after stealth rocks. Or really any prior damage (does 80-95%) with that ev spread and i dont think its worth tinkering with to take a bullet punch better.

If you are so worried about Tyranitar and Terrakion, change Ice Beam(which is neutral against both *facepalm*) to Earth Power, although I'm not sure how you play Pokemon, because if Terrakion kills Kyurem my Sun-boosted Venusaur/Victrebel kills Terrakion? You can also try something else for Ice Beam...

Furthermore Kyurem-B in Rain? Seriously? Did you ever tried it or do you just theorymon? Kyurem-B =/= Rain, that's a fact. It's the worst dragon in Rain, I'm serious. It's that bad.

"What does he accomplomish with killing Ferrothorn/Scizor?" First can't set up, second can't bullet punch your chloropyhll sweeper. Furthermore Kyurem isn't walled by other similar Steel-Types

Note that the EV's I'm mentioned are random: People who like the set and testing it could probably provide something more useful than what i got after some fights, in which he did his job well.
well, if tyranitar switches in, he's getting a spD boost from sand stream so even with minimal investment he isn't going to be dented much. although terrakion doesn't resist ice beam it will still force you out.

please don't use the argument that if kyurem b is KO'd by terrakion that one of your sweepers automatically comes in to revenge kill. i could use the same argument that i have a latias/blissey/any counter to your chlorophyll sweeper waiting in the wings. furthermore i could just switch terrakion out? the point i'm trying to get across here is that terrakion forces kyurem-b out, i am not taking into account nor do i care about its teammates.

although i have not tested kyurem-b in the rain, i have extensively tested kyurem in the rain and it is pretty effective... as a matter of fact my current OU team is centered around it and toxic spikes and i'm currently sitting at ~1950... so its definitely viable. it is definitely NOT the worst dragon in rain. although it is as fast as the other dragons its bulk really set it apart from its cousins. it literally tanks hits from celebi/starmie/rotom-w/any bulky water for days and with a sub up makes it very easy to pick apart teams. ferrothorn and scizor aren't too difficult to play against even though you refer to them as big roadblocks for kyurem.

here's a calc of 252 Spa modest ice beam vs standard ferrothorn:
386 Atk vs 310 Def & 352 HP (95 Base Power): 127 - 151 (36.08% - 42.90%)

and earth power vs 248 hp/ 8 SpD scizor (assuming you used substitute as he switched in, which is usually the case)
386 Atk vs 198 Def & 343 HP (90 Base Power): 126 - 149 (36.73% - 43.44%)

kyurem in the rain is not as bad as you make it out to be. on the contrary, its actually pretty good. don't knock it before you try it.

Kyurem-B is not bad in rain. In fact, it works in almost any condition, just not against every playstyle equally. Sub-Kyurem's Substitute does not find a lot of setup opportunities against offensive rain (Thundurus-T, Tornadus, Keldeo). The main target still is defensive Politoed and there is no reason for it to come in when the players "agree" on rain as the domain for the battle. Sub-Kyurem is only anti-balanced rain, not anti-rain in general.

And is is not generally advised to setup on Heatran, for it may Roar.

I would just like to say that i've been using max hp max attack on a tailwind team... nothing lives, even FERRO is 2hkod. If you don't believe me, pair it with an offensive LO Whimsicott (you saw that, offensive Whimsicott) with U-Turn if you live, or use tailwind as you die so you get 3 outrages... basically 3 dead opponents. Like I said, if you don't believe me about this feel free to try yourself

Disregarding the bit about Life Orb Whimiscott (really?) I see your point about using Kyurem-B on a team based around Tailwind. I would invest enough EV's to outspeed Venusaur in sun personally but STAB Outrage coming off 723 Atk (factoring in Choice Band) is going to hurt even the sturdiest of resists. If your not a steel you can kiss your life goodbye because it will kill you. I'm liking this idea already, partnered with a Scizor/Breloom counter (like say, Volcarona, who also happens to learn Tailwind), Kyurem-B will rip teams apart.

With its discussion in the 15th Smogcast, Kyurem-B may get a bit more discussion and use I think. On that note, a set was discussed when Kyurem-B came up right at 19 minutes (here's a direct link to the recording) by "Kevin" BKC. Fortunately since he talked a lot like anyone who listened to the Smogcast knows, it got a great description from him in an overall sense. The only thing he neglected to reveal was the EV's and nature, so I did what he did and started tinkering with it myself. Here is what I've come up with thus far:

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 76 Atk / 140 SAtk / 236 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Resulting Stats: 405 HP / 435 Atk / 212 Def / 311 SpA / 216 SpD / 285 Spe

In my mind, and being an avid user of the moth of death, I designed this to be paired with Volcarona - something Kyurem seems pretty good for. Kyurem runs from Breloom and Scizor, which Volc eats, and Volc hates Heatran and Jellicent and blah blah, which Kyurem-B can take out or maim enough. Synergy aside, I settled on those EV's so that it has 100-hp Subs, but odd numbered HP to limit residual damage, the same Speed the normal SubRoost Kyurem aims for that outruns enough overall, and the rest seperated into attacking stats. Here are some calcs for some various or Volcarona-themed threats (Honkalculator 4000):

• 76+ Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Jellicent: 248-292 (61.53 - 72.45%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 140 SpA Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 236-280 (61.29 - 72.72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 140 SpA Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Hippowdon: 264-312 (62.85 - 74.28%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 76+ Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 132-156 (32.67 - 38.61%) -- 4.03% chance to 3HKO
  • 140 SpA Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 31.18 - 37.12%
  • 140 SpA Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 170-202 (42.07 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 140 SpA Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 186-220 (57.4 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (In case you hit it as it breaks your Sub; In sand it's 38.27 - 45.67%)
  • 76+ Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 44.44 - 52.46%
  • 76+ Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Politoed: 336-396 (87.5 - 103.12%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

The Attack EV's are specifically to nail Specs Politoed after Rocks (which will also now spike in use thanks to the same Smogcast), with the rest dumped into SpA to pump up the moves you'll be spamming most - the ones with more than 8 PP. With a bit of testing that I did, it is awesome so far. I wish I could make myself use LO over Leftovers, but with sand and Sub and residual damage of sorts I couldn't stand seeing my Ice God die so quickly with not much impact, so Leftovers it was. Many of these 2HKO's become OHKO's with that LO and some EV shuffling, so more power to you if you wanna try it.

Hopefully BKC will see this and correct me if I'm nuts on this spread though. Or hate me cause I'm posting it to ruin more of his teams. We'll see. Kyurem-B is great though once you play to its strengths and give it good partners in crime.

Thoughts?

338 Attack with no EV's and a negative nature Jesus Christ.......
This is what I use;

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

It makes 101 Subs, and is specifically EV'd to outrun Modest Landorus, meaning it can't revenge you[r sub]. Max SpAtk is obvious, last four go in atk because why not. Kyu-B's much more adept at tanking common special hits [Scald is public enemy number one] as opposed to physical so that's why I use Hasty.

glad you liked the cast btw lol

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
BKC i use a similar set:

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
EVs: 240 Spd / 252 Atk / 16 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The Speed EVs are enough to outspeed Jolly Mamoswine, Attack is maxed in order to hit as hard as possible with Kyurem-B's stronger move and do things like OHKO Gengar after SR. The SpA EVs allows Kyurem-B to OHKO 248 HP Scizor unconditionally, making for a pretty good lure. The best thing is that Kyurem-B always survives a CB Bullet Punch at full health even with no HP EVs. Expert Belt is used for the extra punch in Hidden Power Fire and Fusion Bolt mainly, as without it i could not do things such as OHKO Tentacruel with Fusion Bolt (which would spin hazards away if it survives) and OHKO the afromentioned Scizor. However, going with Hasty and enough Speed to outspeed Landorus definitely seems as a good idea, as this fucker is always problematic for offensive teams.

Fragmented comments are a bit hard to answer to. Let us take the parts where we do not agree on.

Outspeeding Landorus-T is not as needless as it sound. The argument that Landorus-T would never switch into Kyurem-B does not quite make the cut because no thing but Ferrothorn would like to switch into it. Landorus-T having Stone Edge on almost every set makes it much more important.

The low usage of Earth Power is, honestly, not too surprising. To get the most out of it, you need to run Mild to get a decent 2HKO against Jirachi and a OHKO shot against Terrakion. If you take into account that only 13.261% of the Kyurem-B use LO or Expert Belt, then the 13% usage won't appear too jarring; espacially, because Fusion Bolt is a fair substitute for it on the physically-mixed set (2HKOs Jirachi and Heatran).

Yes, Stone Edge should not be used, because it is basicly Fusion Bolt that will miss. On the CB set, the only things that are hit harder by this one are Ninetales and Volcanora. Rock Slide does exactly this (OHKOing both) but has a better accuracy.

Interesting stats and analysis. :)

I react about that : "Other than rare CB sets, I have never seen Ferrothorn in OU running both Power Whip and Gyro Ball."

I must be a little bit original or just a bad player, but I play a Ferro with the two, and without a CB/Curse set. Juste sacrified Protect, which is usefull for predicting and/or recovering with Lefties/Leech Seed, but doesn't sound necessary. 'cause the two have verry different niche and I didn't see having one left. And as a bonus, it is really funny against a SubDisableGar attempting to use Ferro as a set up bait. He often have choice between : Disable and die/Focus Miss and die/switching out.

About Breloom, for having kill some Kyurem with it and simply regarding the calc, it is just the same power as Scizor except when, as you said, there is a sub, in which case he can juste break the sub.

The best thing is that Kyurem-B always survives a CB Bullet Punch at full health even with no HP EVs. Expert Belt is used for the extra punch in Hidden Power Fire and Fusion Bolt mainly, as without it i could not do things such as OHKO Tentacruel with Fusion Bolt (which would spin hazards away if it survives) and OHKO the afromentioned Scizor.
Not if Rocks are on the field. Even a LO Bullet Punch is likely to kill at that point(71-84%).

He said "at full health", no ? x)
Because if SR are very common, it's not a fatality/he will not send Cube agains Scizor when there are, and he would probably have said "even after stealth rock damage" if he wanted to say this ?
I don't say it cannot be worth to invest enough to avoid the OHKO after SR, it is often, but it is not the point.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah what Tassa said. If i manage to keep SR off the field, or if i lead with Kyu-B expecting the opposing Scizor to lead because i have a Deo-D in my team, i can tank the BP and then OHKO back with HP Fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)