5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Keep in mind that walking also advances the PID frame occasionally, even if you're not in an area with wild Pokémon. Stick to IV frame 1, it'll make your life a lot easier. If you can't find anything, add keypresses if you haven't already or search more months/years.
Ok thanks pimp, i find this really hard and i've been trying it for months. I guess i didn't have luck yet. I'll keep trying with standard abuse till i get it right before i start trying PIDRNG

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok thanks pimp, i find this really hard and i've been trying it for months. I guess i didn't have luck yet. I'll keep trying with standard abuse till i get it right before i start trying PIDRNG
It's really easy to do both. Just try it out in an area without WNPCs first, so you can get the hang of it.

Im trying to find a wondercard seed in White 2 using the time finder on the RNG reporter.

But before I can do that, it asks me for some in-game info (trainer name, id, sid) the problem is that the english version for white 2 is not an option. is the japanese version the same thing?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
No. Other language titles use a different value in determining the seed. Thus, using a language that does not match will yield wrong results.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Im trying to find a wondercard seed in White 2 using the time finder on the RNG reporter.

But before I can do that, it asks me for some in-game info (trainer name, id, sid) the problem is that the english version for white 2 is not an option. is the japanese version the same thing?
You're probably using an outdated version from before the English games were released. You can find the latest version in the first post of this thread.

hmmm... i have 9.96 already.

also, another problem. for the seed to time, the only option for 5th gen is c-gear seeds.

the 9.96 version i have says smogonwifi alpha 10 next to it, does that mean something?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
hmmm... i have 9.96 already.

also, another problem. for the seed to time, the only option for 5th gen is c-gear seeds.

the 9.96 version i have says smogonwifi alpha 10 next to it, does that mean something?
Alpha 10 is an old version. The current version is 9.96.5, which is on the main page. Note that any version past alpha 16 is incompatible with Windows XP.

Thanks, i got the newer version now.

for the profile setup, i can't continue without filling in Vcount, Gxstat, ect., where do i find this information?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh right, the profiles are stored differently in later versions of 9.96 compared to earlier versions. If you can't remember/find them you will have to calibrate again to figure them out.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
You'll need to calibrate (on something other than a Wonder Card) to get those values. Do it at least a dozen times so you get a good idea of your most common Timer0(s).

I'm still trying to RNG a Cobalion.

I read somewhere that you only have to do the chatot thing if you're just going for good IVs, is that right? And that the walking 128 steps thing is for shinyness. Cos I'm trying to hit the following seed:

Frame 124
Starting frame 49
=75 chatots

I have two chatots and I'm just flipping between them, and I do this 75 times. When I'm finished I initiate the battle, catch Cobalion, but when I check the IVs there not even close to what I wanted! I also read that engaging in a pokemon battle can advance the frame. Does this include capturing pokemon?

I just need to know if I need to listen to exactly 75 chatots befor going up against Cobalion? Or am I missing another important step that's screwing things up for me?

No, the IV thing depends on your timing with pressing buttens (not difficult) and the Timer0 (luck).
Advancing the PID frame, the Chatot thing, is required for nature, gender, ability, encounter slot, and shininess; in your case, only nature and shininess.

What you have given us is not the seed. The seed is that long string of numbers and characters. 124 is your Target frame, 49 is your starting/initial frame, and 75 is the difference/number of Chatot flips.

When the IVs (and consecutively your nature and shininess) are not correct, you have hit the wrong seed. As said, it depends on your timing and your Timer0. When you play BW, it is most likely an issue of timing, because the Timer0 does not fluctuate that much. When you play BW2, it might be one of them, or both.

If you think your timing is off, just calibrate and look at the actual second. It indicates how long it took for the DS to boot the game and you have to adapt to the slight delay.
If you think your Timer0 is off (means: bad luck), try again until you get the correct result.

There is actually a third option we haven't mentioned yet because we have expected you to do it correctly. You need a custom Chatot chatter to advance the PID frame. The default one does nothing.

Yep, I've got my chatots saying 'hello' to eachother so I've deffinately got that right.

I think I just have really poor timing...

I just wondered if I needed to take the battle itself into account, in addition to the chatot flips, but apparently not.

No you need not, but may you tell us if it is BW or BW2? Becasue we have forgot a fourth possibility: Randomly moving NPCs (BW2).

Ok, try this: When you calibrate, remember when you have pressed the button to enter the game. There will be the "actual seconds" displayed. Now, you have to enter the game at the actual second.

For example, when you pressed the button on the 30th second and your actual second is 31 (normal for DS lite), you have to remember to press the button one second earlier from now on. Like pressing on 29 when you want to enter at 30.

Yeah I've been doing that.

Something I've noticed is that I keep getting the same wrong pokemon. Like the Cobalion I keep getting has the following results:

Naive (synch nature)
Quick to flee
HP: 2-3
Atk: 9-10
Def: 28-29
SpA: 13-15
SpD: 11-15
Spe: 29

I'm aiming for:

Naive
HP: 31
Atk:30
Def: 30
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Spe: 31
Hidden Power: Ice

How do I check to see how far off I was from hitting the right seed?

Trying to RNG for starters in HGSS right off the start. In my situation, what is the best method to verify which seed I hit (no access to Elm/Juggler call, roamers, or chatot)?

Trying to RNG for starters in HGSS right off the start. In my situation, what is the best method to verify which seed I hit (no access to Elm/Juggler call, roamers, or chatot)?
This question really belongs in the previous gen RNG help thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180

To answer your question, there is no way to verify. You should search for seeds on the following frames:
Chikorita - 1
Cyndaquil - 5
Totodile - 9
Know also that there is no way of advancing the frames at this point. If you have access to rare candies early on, you should use them in addition to an IV calculator.

Edit: Ninja'd by Hozu....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)