5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok. Last question, to advance the frame i need a chatot with a recorded chatter right?
There are more means to advance the PID frame consistently. In the case you don't have to do too many advances (1 to 3), you can simply save the game to advance the frame by 1. As you can guess, it takes a lot more time and you cannot verify your seed. But it works.

Can someone explain to me how Timer0 changes in BW2? Is it just random? Will PPRNG/RNG Reporter be able to take this into account?

I did my first Black 2 RNG on the Virizon today, and succeeded. My timer0, after 20 times calibration using http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411155&postcount=4 the spinner method ranges from 1103-1107.

a) What exactly does this mean and how is this different from white 1? Does this mean randomly I'll be missing my seed from time to time?

b) How much more difficult is it to RNG in BW2? I'm guessing I should just do all my breeding on BW1 and use BW2 only for the legendaries and hidden grotto?

c) Should I calibrate more times? I did 10 times without keypresses and 10 with keypresses just as that video instructed. Is the purpose of this to find out the most common timer0?

The Timer0 is random.

a) So you have your range, but you should only use the most common ones. We have a range over twelfe different ones and we only search in three common Timer0s of ours. You probably have two or three common Timer0s; when they are all equally common, then use all of them.

b)Yeah, is is usual in BW2 that is may take a few attempt to get your correct Timer0. In BW1, you usually only have two Timer0, one of them very common and the other one negligible - which means you practically always get your mon in the first attempt and it almost never takes more than two.
And breeding RNG in BW2 is impossible, and catching is a chore, so we only do Hidden Grotto and legendaries in BW2 (and Gift Pokemon).

b) The more the better; the only purpose is to find the most common Timer0s (plural).

The Timer0 is random.

a) So you have your range, but you should only use the most common ones. We have a range over twelfe different ones and we only search in three common Timer0s of ours. You probably have two or three common Timer0s; when they are all equally common, then use all of them.

b)Yeah, is is usual in BW2 that is may take a few attempt to get your correct Timer0. In BW1, you usually only have two Timer0, one of them very common and the other one negligible - which means you practically always get your mon in the first attempt and it almost never takes more than two.
And breeding RNG in BW2 is impossible, and catching is a chore, so we only do Hidden Grotto and legendaries in BW2 (and Gift Pokemon).

b) The more the better; the only purpose is to find the most common Timer0s (plural).
Regarding Legendaries. I am coming to the end of the story mode in Black 2. Which Legendaries apart apart from the Kyurem are okay to capture without any NPC's on route.

The Timer0 is random.

Thanks for the quick response! One more question: I haven't tried RNGing for shiny legendaries yet, but I really do want a shiny Latios. I'm trying to use the Terrakion in White as practice, so I searched for a shiny PID frame, but it turns out I have to advance the PID frame 500 times! Is it normal to have to advance 500+ PID frames to get shiny legendaries? Any tips for RNGing shiny legendaries?

Thanks for the quick response! One more question: I haven't tried RNGing for shiny legendaries yet, but I really do want a shiny Latios. I'm trying to use the Terrakion in White as practice, so I searched for a shiny PID frame, but it turns out I have to advance the PID frame 500 times! Is it normal to have to advance 500+ PID frames to get shiny legendaries? Any tips for RNGing shiny legendaries?
Try increasing the amount of key presses and searching different months and years. I have a few that are below 150 advances.

But if you run 2 chatots it's won't take that long.

Yes, using more Keys helps, but 500 is actually pretty good. Just listen to the Chatots to find out if you are in the correct seed, before actually doing the whole shit. It saves a lot of time, especially in BW2.

I'm still consistently missing Keldeo, even after switching seeds. The chatot sounds correct and there are no moving npcs so I have no idea what's up.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If there aren't any WNPCs, then you're either hitting the wrong frame or the wrong Timer0.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm still consistently missing Keldeo, even after switching seeds. The chatot sounds correct and there are no moving npcs so I have no idea what's up.
Find out what spread that you ARE hitting, and with the seed in the main window for 5th gen wondercard, you need to see how far it is from your target spread and adjust accordingly.

This is and is not an RNG question, but I couldn't figure out where else to post this, so here goes.
When a male or genderless pokemon with a Ditto on B2/W2, using the RNG process or not, does the Ditto's Ability (ie, Ability 0 or Ability 1, despite the fact that Ditto without their Hidden Ability have Limber either way) affect the Ability of the pokemon you hatch from the egg?
I know you can't RNG Eggs on B2/W2, but it may be impossible on X and Y, also, so I want to know in advance so I can capture whatever I need based on current breeding mechanics.

Be sure that you're not advancing any extra frames.

For example, if you're aiming for 91, once you hear the pitch for 90 you should stop, because that advances the PID frame to 91. If you hear the pitch for 91, you're already at 92.

Please forgive me if I may be breaking the rules at all, I'm trying to follow them, but, is there a compatible version of RNG Reporter for Black and White 2 for Windows XP? If not, then a Windows XP version for Black and White? If not however, that is fine. I'm getting a Windows 7 here this weekend.

Just got W1 wanted to ask some questions about RNG'ing starters - How can i find my secret ID without AR and just starting? and can i calibrate with the starter w/o saving? anything else i should know ahead of time trying to RNG W1 Starters

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just got W1 wanted to ask some questions about RNG'ing starters - How can i find my secret ID without AR and just starting? and can i calibrate with the starter w/o saving? anything else i should know ahead of time trying to RNG W1 Starters
You could simply RNG abuse your TID/SID combo...

Agonist

Like rj said, if you've found your parameters, you can start a new game, and RNG your ID/SID. However, there is little point to RNGing your starters unless you want a good in-game mon.

Well I decided to redo my parameters as someone here suggested and I got exactly the same parameters as befor, however this time when I did it I only ran into a swadloon and I ended up catching the same one like five times in a row with exactly the same IVs. This is the result I kept getting:

Actual seconds 26 Timer0 C7C

The one time where I ran into something different was when I fumbled for a bit after the season showed up befor I finally used sweet scent.

Here's the steps that I did to get my parameters:

-Saved the game in Lostlorn forrest
-Used today's date in the parameters window and entered the time 10:00:25
-Loaded the game at 10:00:25
-Waited for the word GameFreak to appear after that flash of purple light and mashed 'a' where I stopped at the continue screen
-Turned off the c-gear, entered the game and mashed 'x' until the weather dissapeared
-Used sweet scent and caught the first pokemon that appeared which in my case was a female, bold swadloon
-Checked the IVs using psypokes IV-calculator
-Entered the min/max IVs into the parameter finder
-Wrote down the result as listed above
-Turned off the game without saving
-Changed the time back to 10:00:00 and loaded the game again at 10:00:25
-Repeated the process another five times only to get the same results

So unless I'm doing something wrong whilst setting up the paramters, then they should be right and I must be doing something else wrong.

Agonist

There aren't any WNPCs in the Lostlorn forest, so that's why you keep getting the same thing. What are you trying to get?

Be sure that you're not advancing any extra frames.

For example, if you're aiming for 91, once you hear the pitch for 90 you should stop, because that advances the PID frame to 91. If you hear the pitch for 91, you're already at 92.
I tried again, set the time finder to 1 frame advancement, so all I would have to do is talk to the delivery man.

The spread I ended up with is nowhere in the adjacent frames, even going as much as +/-3 seconds. Is it at this point that I begin a reset spree till I hit the right timer0?

Agonist

I tried again, set the time finder to 1 frame advancement, so all I would have to do is talk to the delivery man.

The spread I ended up with is nowhere in the adjacent frames, even going as much as +/-3 seconds. Is it at this point that I begin a reset spree till I hit the right timer0?
use chatter pitches to confirm you hit the correct Timer0.

Agonist

Are you saying I should find a place where there are WNPC to get my parameters?
no...?

Your parameters aren't going to change without using a different DS. I'm saying WNPCs are the reason you got different results.

ok, i have a problem. yesterday i finally managed to get the right IVs on a Virizion in B2. So I hit the seed with the correct timer0 and also found out that my delay was 9 instead of 8 (it's a 3DS) But today i couldn't hit the seed once, does this happen to everybody? I'm dissapointed :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)