Uber Sun (Don't really have a name yet :/)

Hello Smogon! I'm trixter109, and this is my very first post here on the forums. I'll just start by saying that my favorite tier always was, and always will be, Ubers. I like Ubers because you get a variety of teams and pokemon. Anyway, lets get right down to business. I am here today to bring you my Uber Sun team. I have been doing extensive testing on this team and wanted to post it here so I can get a second opinion and constructive critisism on it. The team is based around eliminating Reshiram's threats and letting him clean up with a nice sweep at the end. So, without further ado, I present to you: my Uber Sun team!!

@ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Ahhhh, Groudon. He has been one of my favorite pokemon since he came out. He is just so versitile. He can be offensive, defensive, and even sweep with Rock Polish. I am using him for obvious reasons, to start the sun. I decided to go with a more defensive set because I want to keep him alive as long as possible to keep the sun up.

But don't let his spread decieve you, for he able to pack a punch as well. Earthquake is STAB and allows him to take a decent chunk out of anything that doesn't resist it. Stone Edge is mainly there for Rayquaza and Ho-Oh, OHKOing the former after Stealth Rocks damage and one round of Life-Orb recoil, and always OHKOing the latter. Stealth Rocks is there because, without them, this team would lack many OHKOs and 2HKOs and Groundon is one of the few visble users of Rocks in Ubers. Dragon Tail lets me phaze whiles also hitting Giratina-O, Rayquaza, Zekrom, and Palkia for decent damage.

The EV spread maximizes Groudons defense which allows him to take powerful physical hits like a +2 Outrage from Garchomp, a +2 Dragon Claw from Rayquaza, a +2 Close Combat from Lucario and Terrakion, and repeated Outrages from Zekrom. I am also considering a spread of 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD which would allow Groudon to take to Spacial Rends from Palkia and an unboosted Seed Flare from Shaymin-S, but still have enough defense to survive a Life-Orb boosted Outrage from Rayquaza after it has used Dragon Dance once. I don't know. You guys tell me if I should switch to a specially defensive Groudon.

@ Splash Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Spd / 200 SDef
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot

Arceus-Water is one of the most important players on this team. He serves as my check to Kyogre and many other Dragon-types relying on Dragon-, Fire-, and Electric-types coverage in sun. While a lot of people will probably argue Grass-Arceus as a better check to Kyogre, I tend to disagree because Water-Arceus can take a hit from Kyurem-W while Grass-Arceus is easily OHKOed. Water-Arceus is also one of the few pokemon that can switch in on Reshiram in the sun, and is a good check to Ho-Oh as well. All in all, I just think that Water-Arceus can the same and more than Grass-Arceus can do.

As for its moveset, Recover give it the longevity it needs to keep switching in and taking powerful special attacks and regaining its lost HP. Ice Beam is used to check Rayquaza, as Water Arceus is an excellent switch-in for the deadly wallbreaker; it also deals good damage to Groudon and hits quite a few Uber Pokemon super effectively. I chose Thunder-Wave to be able to cripple offensive Kyogre for the rest of the game and crippling a whole slew of offensive pokemon. I am also considering Will-O-Wisp for this slot to cripple anything that relies on its physical attack. For the last slot I chose Grass Knot to give it something to reliably hit Kyogre with.

The EVs give Water Arceus maximum special bulk while still maintaining the ability to outspeed neutral-natured base 95 Speed Pokemon that have maximized their Speed investment. This is especially important to outspeed Modest Choice Specs Kyurem-W, whose Draco Meteor would 2HKO Water Arceus otherwise. Special Attack and Defense EVs are not used because Water Arceus really needs all that bulk to switch into the multitude of extremely powerful special attacks thrown about in the tier.

@ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Ahhhh Reshiram. We just met recently, but he is now the love of my life. jk. No really, I had heard about this guy and how good he was and never really gave him a chance. Wow. Was I missing out, or what? With specs and max special attack EVs, he gets boosted to 657 attack! With base 150 and 120 special attack and attack, he is probably one of the most powerful pokemon under the sun in Uber history. But what really makes this guy so good is his typing. His dual STAB normally would only be resisted by Flash Fire Heatran, but thanks to Turboblaze, Heatran can be easily dispatched with a nice fire move.

While Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse are both weaker than Draco Meteor and Blue Flare, I will find myself in times where I can't miss and they saved me the game. I initially had Focus Blast to deal with Tyranitars and Rock Arceus's, but I found myself in one of those times where I can't miss and Draco Meteor chooses the worst time to miss and I end up losing the game.

The nature and EV spread are quite straightforward; a Modest nature with 252 Special Attack EVs maximize Reshiram's offensive potential. 252 Speed EVs allow Reshiram to outspeed what it needs (Dialga, the Giratina formes, and Lugia, and more): Rayquaza always uses a positive-Speed nature, Palkia is faster regardless of Reshiram's nature, and Zekrom is carrying Choice Scarf most of the time, and when it doesn't—it's slower.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 208 SDef / 48 Atk / 252 HP
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Forretress is here to spin away hazards and set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Then, he can Volt-Switch in Reshiram and then Reshi can begin his sweep.I choose Forretress over Ferrothorn because Forretress can spin and set-up and then even get out my Reshiram safely.

The moveset is obvious. I set-up with Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and then spin away any hazzards they have out. I can then stay in and wall my opponent or Volt-Switch into something to better counter what my opponent has out.

Max HP and Special Defense along with a Special Defense-boosting nature is necessary to make the most of Forretress's relatively low special bulk, as it needs all it can get to take the Draco Meteors and Ice Beams thrown around in Ubers. Leftovers is the item of choice, as the passive recovery helps Forretress to shrug off weak or resisted attacks.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail

Giratina is my chosen spin-blocker. I only have one problem with this Giratina; he can't touch Forretress in any way except for Will-O-Wisp. THis get irritating when I am forced to send in Giratine to block Forretress's Rapid Spin, but Forretress ends up setting up hazzards on me.

The moveset is fairly simple. Rest is Giratinas best form of recovery, and Sleep Talk allows it to still do stuff while sleeping. Will-O-Wisp is so I can cripple any pokemon relying on their physical attacks and Dragon Tail can phaze through Taunts.

EV spread maximizes Defense and HP and just a tad extra special defense. Giratina can take massive hits with this spread and still be able to rest it all off. All in all, I am not very happy with this pokemon. I have nothing against Giratina, but I feel like their might be something better for my team but I haven't found it. Help?

@ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Def / 4 HP
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Yes I am using the infamous Pink Blob on my team. No one likes it until your the one who is using it, but lets face it, Chansey and Bissey are the best special walls in the current meta and theres nothing we can do about it. I did choose Chansey because I wouldn't be taking advatage of Blisseys Special Attack anyways and more defense with Eviolite is how I like it.

The moveset is contains Heal Bell and Wish, which is how I like my Chanseys. Softboiled is for recovery, but I might change it for Protect. And Toxic is so I can cripple Special sweepers and stall them out. EVs just maximize Chanseys special defense and defense and just dump the rest into HP.

Well, thanks for taking the time to read my RMT, and please leave feedback and constructive critisism. Thank You SOOOO much for reading and here is an importable!!:
Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Spd / 200 SDef
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Roar

Reshiram @ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 208 SDef / 48 Atk / 252 HP
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Def / 4 HP
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

P.S. Hey I forgot to say, I still need a name for this team so all sugestions will be appretiated!

I don't know why anyone hasn't rated your team yet but here it goes

Your team seems pretty solid but you have a huge weakness to Latios. He 2hkos Arceus with Grass Knot and Ohkos Groudon with it. Latios 2hkos Giratina (can possibly Ohko after hazards) and Ohkos Reshiram with Dragon Pulse. Latios can possibly 2hko Chansey after hazards as well.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Grass Knot in Sun vs 252HP/0SpDef Groudon (Neutral): 106% - 125% (430 - 506 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Grass Knot vs 252HP/200SpDef Splash Plate Multitype Arceus (+SpDef): 58% - 68% (260 - 306 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Dragon Pulse vs 252HP/8SpDef Leftovers Giratina (Neutral): 74% - 88% (374 - 444 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Hidden Power (Fire) in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Sturdy Forretress (+SpDef): 99% - 99% (353 - 353 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Dragon Pulse in Sun vs 0HP/252SpDef Reshiram (Neutral): 89% - 106% (306 - 362 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 37% chance to OHKO.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Psyshock in Sun vs 4HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (Neutral): 44% - 52% (283 - 334 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 6% chance to 2HKO.

The only way you have to stop Latios is to paralyze it with Arceus. To make Latios easier to deal with you could run Thunder Wave instead of Toxic on Chansey. Or you could change your Reshiram to the Choice Scarf set because Draco Meteor from that always Ohkos Latios. I'd probably just run Twave on Chansey because using Scarf Reshiram makes it way harder to break walls.

I think you should keep your Groudon physically defensive because you have Chansey and Arceus and they both have a lot of special bulk.

I'd try and suggest a name for your team but I'm not creative and all of my teams are called "Ubers Team". Sorry.

I hope this wall of text helped in some way.

I don't know why anyone hasn't rated your team yet but here it goes

Your team seems pretty solid but you have a huge weakness to Latios. He 2hkos Arceus with Grass Knot and Ohkos Groudon with it. Latios 2hkos Giratina (can possibly Ohko after hazards) and Ohkos Reshiram with Dragon Pulse. Latios can possibly 2hko Chansey after hazards as well.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Grass Knot in Sun vs 252HP/0SpDef Groudon (Neutral): 106% - 125% (430 - 506 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Grass Knot vs 252HP/200SpDef Splash Plate Multitype Arceus (+SpDef): 58% - 68% (260 - 306 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Dragon Pulse vs 252HP/8SpDef Leftovers Giratina (Neutral): 74% - 88% (374 - 444 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Hidden Power (Fire) in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Sturdy Forretress (+SpDef): 99% - 99% (353 - 353 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Dragon Pulse in Sun vs 0HP/252SpDef Reshiram (Neutral): 89% - 106% (306 - 362 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 37% chance to OHKO.

252SpAtk Soul Dew Latios (Neutral) Psyshock in Sun vs 4HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (Neutral): 44% - 52% (283 - 334 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 6% chance to 2HKO.

The only way you have to stop Latios is to paralyze it with Arceus. To make Latios easier to deal with you could run Thunder Wave instead of Toxic on Chansey. Or you could change your Reshiram to the Choice Scarf set because Draco Meteor from that always Ohkos Latios. I'd probably just run Twave on Chansey because using Scarf Reshiram makes it way harder to break walls.

I think you should keep your Groudon physically defensive because you have Chansey and Arceus and they both have a lot of special bulk.

I'd try and suggest a name for your team but I'm not creative and all of my teams are called "Ubers Team". Sorry.

I hope this wall of text helped in some way.
Hey thanks for rating. I was beginning to give up on checking the post. Anyway, sorry I couldn't post back sooner but life has been so busy with school and now we are conditioning for football. Wow I can't believe I never realized the Latios weakness. Thanks for pointing it out and I am definately going to be runnig T Wave on Chansey now. Anyway, thanks for the rate it is much apprectiated.

-trixter109

I feel like Lugia walls this team, a good timed Substitute could prove deadly and you lack a phazer that can phaze subs. Maybe you can play around Lugia by paralyzing it, keeping SR up, Curing Status w/Chansey and decimating it with Reshiram.

But anyways I thought I'd suggest Roar -> Dragon Tail on Groudon

I feel like Lugia walls this team, a good timed Substitute could prove deadly and you lack a phazer that can phaze subs. Maybe you can play around Lugia by paralyzing it, keeping SR up, Curing Status w/Chansey and decimating it with Reshiram.

Hey, thanks for the rate. I actually had Roar over Dragon Tail on Groudon for a while, but I hated getting taunted and not being able to phaze. You see, I like to lead Groudon a lot to set up sun and Stealth Rocks, but when I met a Deoxys lead that outspeeds me and gets a taunt off, I am forced to switch out or stay in a and let Deoxys set Stealth Rocks and/or Spikes. With Dragon Tail I have the oppertunity to stay in on Deoxys because I can Dragon Tail after he Taunts me. Roar, in turn, would let me phaze through Substitutes, but I don't see anyone that uses Substitute that poses a threat to Groudon or that Groudon would stand a chance against in the first place. I know it's not the best trade off, but seeing as I lead Groudon a lot, I would rather like to be able to get passed Deoxys and other leads that use Taunt and then set up hazzards. Thanks for the suggestion though. Any other help would be greatly appreciated by anyone!

-trixter109

Roar on Groudon does not help this, Lugia outspeeds and phazes

EDIT: i was talking about lugia behind a sub because lugia not behind a sub can be para by waterceus

Roar on Groudon does not help this, Lugia outspeeds and phazes
Actually, it does. If Groudon Roars while Lugia subs, it wastes 25% of its HP. If rocks are up, then Lugia will be at 50% and if rocks remain up and Lugia comes in again, it will be at 25% which is much more manageable. It's just a suggestion, but seeing as he leads with Groudon usually, Dragon Tail suits him better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)