Yilx first place artist

All I'll say is be careful with your effects.
I LOVE that chandelure painting - what kind of brushes did you use for the flames?
That's a great example of where the pokemons typing can really be used to good effect, however I think the lightning on Zapdos really lets it down. There's a lot of really bright light there, along with the pose it made it difficult to work out it was a Zapdos. But maybe thats just me being a dumbass.

Seriously though those first two are incredible, keep it up.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
All I'll say is be careful with your effects.
I LOVE that chandelure painting - what kind of brushes did you use for the flames?
That's a great example of where the pokemons typing can really be used to good effect, however I think the lightning on Zapdos really lets it down. There's a lot of really bright light there, along with the pose it made it difficult to work out it was a Zapdos. But maybe thats just me being a dumbass.

Seriously though those first two are incredible, keep it up.
A square brush with a bit of texture for both the brush and eraser tools

Really great drawing as usual Yilx, however, I'm having a hard time figuring out what the last pic is...... Not wanting to sound rude, but sometimes in your pictures it's taken me a while to figure out what's going on, or what pokemon is in the pic.

Yilx

Sad
Really great drawing as usual Yilx, however, I'm having a hard time figuring out what the last pic is...... Not wanting to sound rude, but sometimes in your pictures it's taken me a while to figure out what's going on, or what pokemon is in the pic.
It's a legit crit, thanks for pointing that out
i gotta shake that habit haha...

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Damn, the lighting on that Zapdos burns my fucking eyes x_x

Those were my favorite pieces for the Smog, Yilx, great job :)

Good lord, that is awesome Water/Electric! (lol I don't know if you have given it some name) :p
I'm wondering if you did draw those clouds? I can't really "draw" fog/clouds :S Any tips?

Yilx

Sad
Good lord, that is awesome Water/Electric! (lol I don't know if you have given it some name) :p
I'm wondering if you did draw those clouds? I can't really "draw" fog/clouds :S Any tips?
Studying clouds is one lol. Using cloud brushes is another, but in the end knowing how clouds work by studying them is really the best way

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Love the perspective on the latest pic, you made it really dynamic and there is lots of movement in the composition :)

[art buzzwords]

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Are her hips meant to be as wide as her torso is high? And... mono-nostril?

Other than that, magnificent use of light and colours as always. Keep up the good work!

Yilx

Sad
Are her hips meant to be as wide as her torso is high? And... mono-nostril?

Other than that, magnificent use of light and colours as always. Keep up the good work!
Damn, you're right. I need to learn where I picked up this weird stylization habit and drop it.

Tried to fix it. Also mono nostril because its cuter than looking up two of them lol

I love the way your style has evolved. Still very identifiable as the same from 3 years ago, but much more refined. It's very full of personality :)
(yes I've been stalking your work for three years)

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
holy shit that zapdos

i haven't visited your thread in a while, but it's so obvious how well your details and technique are improving; you are mesmerizing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)