Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor

It seems I need aid in mastering the occult arts...rise, my minion! Together, we shall rule this world!

HUG ME.

2v2 Babysitter Doubles
2 Recovers, 5 Chills
ASB Arena
Substitutions = 1 per mon
Abilities = All
Items = Training

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

4v4 NFE Singles
3 Day DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Items=On
Arena: Rainbow Road (SNES)
Field Type: Big/Heavy Pokémon
Complexity: Intense
Format: All

Restrictions: No External Grass, No External Water Source, No External Rocks, No Digging, Artificial Field, Weather is impossible to summon, even with a Weather Rock.

Description:

The arena is the original Rainbow Road circuit from the Mario Kart Series, initially appearing in the original instalment for the SNES. The battle takes place atop moving karts, & as a result, the battle is always moving around the track. As a result, all entry hazards summoned end up being left behind quickly as the battles races on. Furthermore, because of the moving nature, battlers will find themselves moving toward the Star Thwomps that reside on the circuit, & if you do not take evasive action, you will be either flattened by their fall onto the tiled floor, or running into them, which even then sees you take damage! Finally, there is zero guardrails around the arena to keep you on the circuit, so if you get hit hard enough, you might fall down & find yourself having to catch up after being put back on the arena! Finally, remember that this is high up in virtually space territory, so no weather can happen at all, & because the circuit is made up of tiles coloured in a rainbow-fashion, there is no external anything source around, & you cannot dig through the tiles either! Who will come out on top in this high-speed battle? Let us see!

Mechanics:

• The Constantly moving nature of the battle means that all entry hazards will dissipate at the end of each round.
  • When a Pokémon either deals damage with a weight-based move, or scores a Critical Hit (Excluding Storm Throw, Frost Breath, Stick, & Focus Energy), to a Pokémon with a Weight Class value at least 3 lower than their own, the opponent will fall down the arena & will take a flat 10 damage. The stricken Pokémon will then be unable to complete their next action as they return to the arena, but will take no damage from any attack the next action as they catch up (The Avoid the Star Thwomps command overrides the lost action from falling).
    • Flying-Types, Levitators, & Pokémon under the influence of either Magnet Rise or the Levitate Command, as well as Pokémon holding a non-consumed Air Balloon, cannot be thrown off the arena in this manner.
  • At the end of each round (Not including the start of the battle), the referee will RNG an action, & publicly reveal the result. Next round, at the end of that action, Star Thwomps will fall onto the arena & flatten all Pokémon, dealing damage equal to ((8-Pokémon's SC)×5). Those Pokémon hit will flinch their next action.
    • This, however, can be avoided with the command: Avoid the Star Thwomps. This command has +6 Priority, costs 2 Energy, & cannot be prevented by Taunt or Torment. This command cannot be encored, either.
    • Suspending Fly will also allow the user to avoid the Star Thwomps as well.
Summary: Race around the original Rainbow Road from Super Mario Kart, & avoid the Star Thwomps! Also, remember to try & not fall, or use Entry Hazards!

Anyone want to fight on an "interesting" arena?
—___________________________________________—

KING SERPERIOR!!! You are going down!!!

(Dogfish44 has already agreed to ref.)
3 vs 3 NFE (I'm bringing 3 NFE, KS is bringing 2 and one middlemon)
2 Day DQ
2 Subs
All Abilities
Training Items
Switch=OK
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: DOGFISH44'S MIND

Good Luck KS

KING SERPERIOR!!! You are going down!!!

(Dogfish44 has already agreed to ref.)
3 vs 3 NFE (I'm bringing 3 NFE, KS is bringing 2 and one middlemon)
2 Day DQ
2 Subs
All Abilities
Training Items
Switch=OK
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: DOGFISH44'S MIND

Good Luck KS
Come to my Lair, said the Dogfish to the trainers hahahaha

Ok so i need stuff rolling, so someone fight me:

2v2 Training Doubles or singles, acceptor pick
1 Day DQ
Items:ON
Abilities:ALL
2 Recovers/2 Chills

and another

6v6 Brawl
2 Day Player/3 Day Ref DQ
1 Recover/1 Chill
acceptor can choose rest, although i would try to keep it relatively simple for the ref.

1 Day DQ
2 Recovers/2 Chills

and another

6v6 Brawl
1 Recover/1 Chill
acceptor can choose rest, although i would try to keep it relatively simple for the ref.
I'll accept the 6 vs 6 Brawl.
All Items
All Abilities.
ASB Arena
0 subs

1 Day DQ
2 Recovers/2 Chills

and another

6v6 Brawl
1 Recover/1 Chill
Il'l accept the training singles and and i'd like to battle in the ASB arena

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor

It seems I need aid in mastering the occult arts...rise, my minion! Together, we shall rule this world!

HUG ME.

2v2 Babysitter Doubles
2 Recovers, 5 Chills
ASB Arena
Substitutions = 1 per mon
Abilities = All
Items = Training
Glacier accepted this. Any refs out there willing to take it?

Issuing an open challenge

1v1 FE
1 Day DQ
Items = on
ASB arena or acceptor's choice

My mon will have a small movepool, please plan accordingly

Cancelling my challenge from my last post here, and posting a new challenge:

3v3 LC Triples
All abilities
1 day DQ
Training items
2 subs per mon
Arena is up to the challenger

Challenging Texas!!

2v2
Doubles
My weak middlemons vs his fresh dragons
1 sub per mon
ASB arena
Training Items only
0 recovers
5 chills
1 day DQ; 2Day for ref

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

4v4 NFE Singles
3 Day DQ Time
2 Substitutions
Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Items=On
Arena: Rainbow Road (SNES)
Field Type: Big/Heavy Pokémon
Complexity: Intense

Restrictions: No External Grass, No External Water Source, No External Rocks, No Digging, Artificial Field, Weather is impossible to summon, even with a Weather Rock.

Description:

The arena is the original Rainbow Road circuit from the Mario Kart Series, initially appearing in the original instalment for the SNES. The battle takes place atop moving karts, & as a result, the battle is always moving around the track. As a result, all entry hazards summoned end up being left behind quickly as the battles races on. Furthermore, because of the moving nature, battlers will find themselves moving toward the Star Thwomps that reside on the circuit, & if you do not take evasive action, you will be either flattened by their fall onto the tiled floor, or running into them, which even then sees you take damage! Finally, there is zero guardrails around the arena to keep you on the circuit, so if you get hit hard enough, you might fall down & find yourself having to catch up after being put back on the arena! Finally, remember that this is high up in virtually space territory, so no weather can happen at all, & because the circuit is made up of tiles coloured in a rainbow-fashion, there is no external anything source around, & you cannot dig through the tiles either! Who will come out on top in this high-speed battle? Let us see!

Mechanics:

• The Constantly moving nature of the battle means that all entry hazards will dissipate at the end of each round.
  • When a Pokémon either deals damage with a weight-based move, or scores a Critical Hit (Excluding Storm Throw, Frost Breath, Stick, & Focus Energy), to a Pokémon with a Weight Class value at least 3 lower than their own, the opponent will fall down the arena & will take a flat 10 damage. The stricken Pokémon will then be unable to complete their next action as they return to the arena, but will take no damage from any attack the next action as they catch up (The Avoid the Star Thwomps command overrides the lost action from falling).
    • Flying-Types, Levitators, & Pokémon under the influence of either Magnet Rise or the Levitate Command, as well as Pokémon holding a non-consumed Air Balloon, cannot be thrown off the arena in this manner.
  • At the end of each round (Not including the start of the battle), the referee will RNG an action, & publicly reveal the result. Next round, at the end of that action, Star Thwomps will fall onto the arena & flatten all Pokémon, dealing damage equal to ((8-Pokémon's SC)×5). Those Pokémon hit will flinch their next action.
    • This, however, can be avoided with the command: Avoid the Star Thwomps. This command has +6 Priority, costs 2 Energy, & cannot be prevented by Taunt or Torment. This command cannot be encored, either.
    • Suspending Fly will also allow the user to avoid the Star Thwomps as well.
Summary: Race around the original Rainbow Road from Super Mario Kart, & avoid the Star Thwomps! Also, remember to try & not fall, or use Entry Hazards!

Anyone want to fight on an "interesting" arena?
OK, I will. This isn't going to end well for me.
Surely someone is crazy enough to ref this! :O

Anyhow, throwing out another OPEN CHALLENGE.

4v4 Singles / Doubles / Triples (Acceptor's Choice)
LC / NFE / FE (With < 31 Moves) / FE (No movepool restrictions) Pokémon (Acceptor's Choice again)
3 Day DQ Time
2 Substitutions
Abilities=All
Arena: WarioWare, Inc.
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Restrictions: No Water Source, No External Grass, No External Rocks
Ref instructions: While not compulsory, you may wish to have characters from the WarioWare series issue the challenges. If so, here are some useful images: Wario, Mona, Jimmy T, Kat and Ana, Dribble and Spitz, Dr Crygor, 9-Volt, Orbulon, Ashley, Young Cricket

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

Anyone willing to be trolled by WarioWare with me?

Seems like there is a reffing backlog. I know I will regret this, so consider this a contribution to ASB running smoothly.

Cancelling my challenge from my last post here, and posting a new challenge:

3v3 LC Triples
All abilities
1 day DQ
Training items
2 subs per mon
Arena is up to the challenger
I'll take the above challenge and put it on the ASB arena!
I'll take this match.
PM me your mons
2v2 Training singles, acceptor pick
1 Day DQ
2 Recovers/2 Chills
Il'l accept the training singles and and i'd like to battle in the ASB arena
I'll take this one as well.
PM me your mons.

4v4 Singles / Doubles / Triples (Acceptor's Choice)
LC / NFE / FE (With < 31 Moves) / FE (No movepool restrictions) Pokémon (Acceptor's Choice again)
3 Day DQ Time
2 Substitutions
Abilities=All
Arena: WarioWare, Inc.
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Restrictions: No Water Source, No External Grass, No External Rocks
Ref instructions: While not compulsory, you may wish to have characters from the WarioWare series issue the challenges. If so, here are some useful images: Wario, Mona, Jimmy T, Kat and Ana, Dribble and Spitz, Dr Crygor, 9-Volt, Orbulon, Ashley, Young Cricket

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

Anyone willing to be trolled by WarioWare with me?
Not going to battle, but going to ref this, so that others can send in.
BATTLE!

3vs3 LC Singles
All Abilities
2 Day DQ
Training Items Only
Switch=OK
Acceptor can choose Arena

This will be my first battle, so hopefully a beginner can accept this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)