First RMT, Non Weather

I started off this team as I started of any other, just trying to find one that fits together. I eventually got down to this, but I do not know how to improve it any more. It is great against Sand, Sun, and Non weather teams, but really lacks against rain.

Team at a glance

In Depth Description

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Scarf Heatran is a beast. Most people do not expect it, and it greatly revenge kills dragons, and is a wall breaker with Overheat. Earth Power is for coverage, and Flamethrower is for late game clean ups.

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Scizor is the star of the team, with just one swords dance he is nearly impossible to stop. He works extremely well with Heatran, to lure out the fire types to give heatran a flash fire STAB overheat. Scizor is also a good cleanup.

Gengar (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

Gengar with sub is amazing. He is here to just be annoying. With sub, he blocks all status, which is great. With that, I use him to counter so many things such as a Ferrothrorn Leech Seed/Thunder Wave, and fire back with Focus Blast. Shadow Ball is main stab, and Giga Drain has its importance on this set. Giga Drain helps heal the sub damage, as well as finish off any checks to gengar such as Tyranitar which is weakened, and to hit Rotom-Wash harder. I needed some sort of grass presence on this team.

Mamoswine (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

Mamoswine is my lead, who sets done SR and can dish out hits. As lead he counters any pokemon like Dragonite trying to get a quick set up to put the score in its favor, counter any sun teams, and a nice counter to Sand teams. Mamoswine is really valuable to this team, and can finish things off with a strong Ice Shard.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

I needed a pokemon to be able to be able to switch into an earthquake, even though I had Gengar. With mold breaker, a haxorus could destroy this team with EQ. Dragonite is also great pokemon to set up a sweep mid game. Also, makes a great extreme speed user.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Starmie is the final set of this team, and works great on it. I have tried many pokemon such as Blastoise to try and be able to Rapid Spin, but non work as well as Starmie. With Starmies offensive pressure, he forces a lot of switches, opening up room to Rapid Spin. I decided to give him some HP evs so he can take hits a little bit better.

Quite a standard team with only minor touch ups needed here and their. I like your unique use of heatran btw.

Heatran: Lava plume over flamethrower

The extra 15 is nothing, you will be much happier with a lucky burn then an over-killed ferrothorn.

Gengar: thunderbolt over Giga drain

Extra defense against rain teams, the HP from Giga won't help with Gengar's terrible defenses.

Scarfed Salamence over dragonite

You need the extra speed, your team is very slow (4/6 having speed below 100 base is a bad idea) and that is a problem. I would suggest this set for your salamence:

Salamnce@Choice Scarf
Moxie
Naive nature
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Outrage
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire fang

Starmie: Scald over surf

Your opponents will beg for mercy as you burn all their Pokemon!

Side note: I think you confused Speed (Spe) with Special defense (SpD)

Hi Mikey :D

I think you should put psyshock over Icebeam on starmie because it KOs Breloom like Icebeam but you wont get walled by special walls like bliss, gl bro TEEHEE

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello, and welcome to Smogon!

Overall this is a rather solid team, so good job on that, but some choices seem a bit odd and should be altered. The first instance of this is Giga Drain in Gengar, which I think should definitely be substituted for a different move. I would suggest trying out Will-O-Wisp over it for now the reason for this, instead of Pain Split or Disable is the ability to aid Dragonite by burning stuff like Scizor, Scarf Terrakion, or Jirachi which otherwise may be trouble for him when attempting a sweep. This set is not very hard to use, and only requires minor luring prediction by using Substitute. You can still harm Rotom-W by permanently crippling it for the rest of the game, which is something Giga Drain can't always gurantee doing. Another small minor change you can make is moving the 4 HP EVs on Dragonite into Defense as although it will not help you against any physical damage much, it will allow you to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times instead of 4. Finally, for Heatran you should definitely change up Dragon Pulse to Hidden Power Ice to hit Dragonite and Salamence much harder.

My final suggestion is using Lead Terrakion instead of Mamoswine to allow you to prevent hazards with Taunt while allowing you to be faster and stronger overall. Terrakion quickly became my favorite offensive lead over Mamoswine and I really like it a lot, it will definitely function well on your team, and it is very easy to use just like Mamoswine.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash | Justified
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Good luck!

Quite a standard team with only minor touch ups needed here and their. I like your unique use of heatran btw.

Heatran: Lava plume over flamethrower

The extra 15 is nothing, you will be much happier with a lucky burn then an over-killed ferrothorn.

Gengar: thunderbolt over Giga drain

Extra defense against rain teams, the HP from Giga won't help with Gengar's terrible defenses.

Scarfed Salamence over dragonite

You need the extra speed, your team is very slow (4/6 having speed below 100 base is a bad idea) and that is a problem. I would suggest this set for your salamence:

Salamnce@Choice Scarf
Moxie
Naive nature
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Outrage
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire fang

Starmie: Scald over surf

Your opponents will beg for mercy as you burn all their Pokemon!

Side note: I think you confused Speed (Spe) with Special defense (SpD)
Thanks! Will try this out. And I just exported it from PO so I didnt pay attention with how it came. Sorry for that XD

Hello, and welcome to Smogon!

Overall this is a rather solid team, so good job on that, but some choices seem a bit odd and should be altered. The first instance of this is Giga Drain in Gengar, which I think should definitely be substituted for a different move. I would suggest trying out Will-O-Wisp over it for now the reason for this, instead of Pain Split or Disable is the ability to aid Dragonite by burning stuff like Scizor, Scarf Terrakion, or Jirachi which otherwise may be trouble for him when attempting a sweep. This set is not very hard to use, and only requires minor luring prediction by using Substitute. You can still harm Rotom-W by permanently crippling it for the rest of the game, which is something Giga Drain can't always gurantee doing. Another small minor change you can make is moving the 4 HP EVs on Dragonite into Defense as although it will not help you against any physical damage much, it will allow you to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times instead of 4. Finally, for Heatran you should definitely change up Dragon Pulse to Hidden Power Ice to hit Dragonite and Salamence much harder.

My final suggestion is using Lead Terrakion instead of Mamoswine to allow you to prevent hazards with Taunt while allowing you to be faster and stronger overall. Terrakion quickly became my favorite offensive lead over Mamoswine and I really like it a lot, it will definitely function well on your team, and it is very easy to use just like Mamoswine.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash | Justified
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Good luck!
Thanks for the rate! I am going to change Gengar, but am going to leave Mamoswine and Heatran's move pool. Mamoswine is my only protection against electric, and a pokemon like Choice Scarf Thunderus spamming Thunder would ruin this team. With the latter, HP ice may hit some dragons harder, but it wont hit the likes as Lati@s, Haxorus, or Hydregon and harder. Plus, I dont want a yache berry getting in the way of a revenge kill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)