Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you beat sun without having to use weather yourself?
Yes.

Most of sun comes down to beating Venusaur and having something to take the sun boosted fire attacks. If you can beat venusaur and have something to take fire attacks, you should be good to go in general.

On my voltturn team which has no weather or true 'weather counter', it mainly comes down to making sure either Rotom-W or Xatu paralyzes Venusaur and Rotom-W stays alive as long as possible.

As others have said, having an actual sun counter like Latias and Heatran is always a good idea. And while more of a rain check, Kingdra can be nice too with it's 4x fire resist.

Is Trick Room still viable

TR Reuniclus certainly is viable. Even just on it's own, it can be a huge threat to offensive teams. However what I notice with full TR teams is that they get so consumed with keeping TR up 100% of the time that the opportunity cost of the TR setting turns can really hamper their effectiveness and it can be really easy to take advantage of. I don't really see full TR teams as viable, but TR Reuniclus can be quite scary when played right. Stall also has trouble with Reuniclus.

I am not really big in OU, I play RU much more. However I am intersted in creating a stall team. Are there any articles, theads, RMTs, Etc that anyone can suggest?

What makes a Pokemon a threat to a team? Because in my mind, any Pokemon could be a threat, if you play awkwardly around it

EDIT: or all your counters to that threat, any threat, are removed.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
A threat to a Team is a pokemon that can cause a lot of trouble to that team
For example, your team is Dragonite, Salamence, Hydreigon, Alataria, Tyranitar and Ninjask. This team sucks, i know, but it is only ab example. Mamoswine is a HUGE threat to this team because he can hit supereffectivily all pokes.

Anoter way to be a threat:
If you have only special sweepers on your team, obviouslt Blissey is a threat.

A threat to a Team is a pokemon that can cause a lot of trouble to that team
For example, your team is Dragonite, Salamence, Hydreigon, Alataria, Tyranitar and Ninjask. This team sucks, i know, but it is only ab example. Mamoswine is a HUGE threat to this team because he can hit supereffectivily all pokes.

Anoter way to be a threat:
If you have only special sweepers on your team, obviouslt Blissey is a threat.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Moves can also be a threat, like Toxic to a stall Gastrodon. Your team will always have threats, but how you prepare for those threats is what makes your team great.

I am not really big in OU, I play RU much more. However I am intersted in creating a stall team. Are there any articles, theads, RMTs, Etc that anyone can suggest?
If you want to win consistently, you should never use a full stall team. Use Semi stall instead. It's basically a core of no more than three or so stall pokemon along with revenge killers that can threaten offensive pokemon that can and willl try to break though your stall.

Stall Pokemon to consider are Skarmory, Blissey, Chansey, Ferrothorn, Jellcent, Gliscor, Slowbro, Hippowdon, and Quagsire.

A very good revenge killer would be Scarf imposter ditto which is arguably the best check to just about any setup sweeper. It copies the boosts and will always be faster thanks to Scarf which allows you to kill the setup sweeper and possibly counter sweep.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Defense of the Titans project was designed to encourage stall play in BW2. In the competition, which if I remember correctly has ended, people tried to win top ladder spots with stall teams, and quite a few did. It also has a lot of stall discussion and helpful hints.

What are some good counters/checks to sun teams? (I'm getting really tired of running Heatran in every team I make :l)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4575363&postcount=1249

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4575405&postcount=1250

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4575486&postcount=1252

Pretty much same question was just asked and answered.

-Latias
-Dragonite
-Mamoswine
-Kingdra
-Liberal use of paralysis
-Dugtrio

Surprise Rain Dance or Hail users are also nice, to reset the weather after you kill off Ninetales.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
*Sigh*

What are some good Deoxys-D replacements? Looks like our favorite fatass may be getting banned soon.
Skarmory is another pokemon that learns Stealth Rock and Spikes has a built n Focus Sash as well as an ok speed (well not ok but not as terrible as Ferrothorn or Forretress) and can prevent set-up with Whirlwind taunt might be a problem but there are not many taunt useres outside of Deoxys-D, Sableye and Lead Terrakion.

If you are just looking for a fast SR Set-Up Azelf, Aerodactly, Garchomp and Terrakion are all reliable Suicide Leads.

@Takuto its not ilegal your source is propably just outdated beause it was illegal before BW 2

Ladders?

I've noticed alot of people talking about ladders. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that a ladder is like a leader board of sorts. Where can I find and participate in these? Also, in relation to suspect test ladders, wtf does " a Glicko2 rating of 2000 or higher and a Glicko2 deviation of 55 or lower" mean?

Why is Dragon Dance, Outrage, and Moxie illegal on Salamence?
In BW1, the reason was Salamence could only learn Outrage through Generation IV Move Tutors. Since Moxe Salamence was only obtainable through the Dreamworld, there was no way for Salamence to learn Outrage and have its ability be Moxie.

As of BW2, however, the move tutors are back, and Salamence can now carry the moves Dragon Dance, Outrage, and Moxie all on the same set.

Is there any upside to sun over rain besides Chlorophyll, Fire Boosts, and Growth?
Also the damage dealt by Water-type attacks is halved as opposed to being multiplied by 1.5 in rain, meaning that Water-type attacks will be dealing 1/3 of the damage in sun that they would deal in rain.

I've noticed alot of people talking about ladders. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that a ladder is like a leader board of sorts. Where can I find and participate in these? Also, in relation to suspect test ladders, wtf does " a Glicko2 rating of 2000 or higher and a Glicko2 deviation of 55 or lower" mean?
You should find all your answers in this and this thread.

Basically the ladder is your ranking compared to other players whenever you battle on the simlulator (rated battles).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)