Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
@ Pokemaster131: Just because you hit frames around your "shiny" frame, that doesn't mean your Secret ID is right; your Secret ID only affects whether a specific frame is shiny or not. Keep in mind that most people say Emerald uses Method H-2, not Method 2. My game in particular appears to be Method 2 (and one of my friends'), but results vary.

@ lots of people: To find your calibration in RNG Reporter, simply look for your Spinda PID with varying calibration in the range 17-21. If it's not there, widen to 15-23, and if it still isn't there, breed another Spinda.

So uh, I'm having a bit of an issue here.
I am RNGing my TID/SID combo on HG/SS/Plat. I hit my desired TID/SID on HG/SS with ease, and confirmed that my TID/SID receives my desired spreads shiny.
I move onto Platinum. I found a TID/SID pair I was content on receiving:

Seed: 5F0D1948
TID: 08980
SID: 40946
Delay: 6463
Time: 2/14/2009 @ 13:17:50

Spreads I get:
Bold 31/10/30/29/29/30
Adamant 31/30/30/11/29/31
Impish 31/31/30/2/29/31
Timid 31/5/30/31/31/31

I plug my desired delay and target seconds into the EonTimer, and began RNGing. I eventually hit it after ~15 tries. I get my result (listed above) and go to confirm that this TID/SID pair gets the spreads I want.
I search for one of my spreads, and they aren't shiny. What is going on exactly?

EDIT: Nevermind, I re-abused my ID, got a result that matches up with what I want.

2^32 unique spreads for each non-bred method.
2^32 = 4294967296, and RNG Reporter actually won't let me perform a 3rd Gen Time Finder search (on the "Capture" tab) with that as my max frame. Is the maximum number of spreads actually 4294967295 (2^32 - 1)? I believe I recall hearing that at some point, and it does let me perform a search with that as my max frame (though it crashes).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
2^32 = 4294967296, and RNG Reporter actually won't let me perform a 3rd Gen Time Finder search (on the "Capture" tab) with that as my max frame. Is the maximum number of spreads actually 4294967295 (2^32 - 1)? I believe I recall hearing that at some point, and it does let me perform a search with that as my max frame (though it crashes).
Yes, by definition a 32-bit seed will have 2^32 different values. But generating that many frames at once is pretty much guaranteed to cause a crash unless you have a really good computer (mine can only handle about 100 million frames at a time in the main window, and even less in Researcher).

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
No, it's precisely 2^32. Don't forget the seed 0x0!

Anyway, RNG Reporter eats RAM for breakfast (in exchange for having a searchable list). If you want to look at frames above your crashing point, either change the Starting Frame to your crashing point (damn black magic, how does it work that quickly in a 6MB executable...), or you can use TurboRNG to instead eat up hard drive space (~300GB for all 2^32 spreads).

[/shameless plug]

On a side note, TurboRNG uses very little RAM itself. On Windows, it comes out to 4MB, while on a Mac, v1.1 uses less than 400KB IIRC.

[/shameful plug]

So I finally hit my seed in Platinum.
Problem is after doing the correct frame advancement I did not get the pokemon IV's or shiny. My frame was 70 for the all 31 timid spread, I had my Synch as first in the party.
I took away 2 for sweet scenting and did 34 flips. Any ideas why it didnt work? it was a method J wild capture

Roamers?
NPCs?
Journal entry?
Are you really sure your seed and rngreporter is set for a specific sync?(this actually happen alot)
Need more data/result/information.

Ok so I'm trying to some RNGing in Heart Gold.

So I'm trying to RNG a Misdrevus in the Cliff Cave and earlier I was managing to hit my seed but was always off by like 2 seconds, and now I can't seem to hit it no matter how much I try now and I have no idea what the heck is goin on.

I've hatched Togepi and shown it to Elm, I've had the Pokemon Center Nurse tell me about Pokerus and I've been to Kanto.

I've mainly been trying to hit 2 seeds, one for a non perfect Timid Shiny Misdrevus and 1 for a Perfect Spread Modest Misdrevus, with both being female, 0A01082E is the seed for the perfect spread and 93010929 is the seed for the shiny, TID is 60199 and SID is 31801 and I used Pokecheck to get my TID and SID info if that means anything, though I doubt the method you find this info out really matters?

Roamers?
NPCs?
Journal entry?
Are you really sure your seed and rngreporter is set for a specific sync?(this actually happen alot)
No Roamers
Doing journal flips
No NPC's in the area.
RNG reporter says to use the Synch as its the all 31 timid spread
I am in the Old Chateu trying to sweet scent a gastly. I have not caught Rotom yet (Don't know If I need to go for Rotom first), I am on the first floor. I have hit my seed a number of times but have not got the ivs nature or shiny.

@zork

Are you inputting the correct time(Hr and mins) and date for
Eontimer?
RNGreporter?
DS?

How many calls you used to check your seed?

Roamers?
NPCs?
sync?
As far as I'm aware I am
I'm using a DSi XL, and have Eontimer set to DSi

I haven't actually used any calls to verify as I'm using the Roamers verification method.

All 3 Roamers are up, Raikou, Entei and Latias

No NPC's in the room I'm in.

The Timid Nature Seed is a Sync and the Modest isn't.

Yes, by definition a 32-bit seed will have 2^32 different values. But generating that many frames at once is pretty much guaranteed to cause a crash unless you have a really good computer (mine can only handle about 100 million frames at a time in the main window, and even less in Researcher).
No, it's precisely 2^32. Don't forget the seed 0x0!

Anyway, RNG Reporter eats RAM for breakfast (in exchange for having a searchable list). If you want to look at frames above your crashing point, either change the Starting Frame to your crashing point (damn black magic, how does it work that quickly in a 6MB executable...), or you can use TurboRNG to instead eat up hard drive space (~300GB for all 2^32 spreads).

[/shameless plug]

On a side note, TurboRNG uses very little RAM itself. On Windows, it comes out to 4MB, while on a Mac, v1.1 uses less than 400KB IIRC.

[/shameful plug]
Thanks. I'm referring to the number of frames in one seed, not the number of possible seeds. Do the frames range from 1 to 2^32? RNG Reporter won't even let me attempt to do a Time Finder search with 2^32 as my max frame; when I click "Generate," it just highlights the max frame. It will let me attempt to search with 2^32 - 1 as my max frame (although it crashes). Can someone please explain this to me?

In the main window, when I click "Generate" with either 2^32 or 2^32 - 1 in the "Max Results" field, I get an out of bounds error. Why would this be?

Also, if an average computer is not capable of performing a search of every single frame in Emerald, how would I search for spreads on super-high frames to hit using Battle Videos, and when using those Battle Videos, how would I determine what frame I was on?

As far as I'm aware I am
I'm using a DSi XL, and have Eontimer set to DSi

I haven't actually used any calls to verify as I'm using the Roamers verification method.

All 3 Roamers are up, Raikou, Entei and Latias

No NPC's in the room I'm in.

The Timid Nature Seed is a Sync and the Modest isn't.
If you dont mind, I need your target time/date and the roamer saved location.

@Akiraton and @Zork
If it not too much, please post a screen capture of the rngreporter and eontimer.(by pressing, "PRTSC SYSRQ", paste the picture in a paint or photo application, upload it and paste it on smogon)

@akira - need seed also what was the iv you got

So thanks to Hozu, I was able to get my SID from Pokecheck and start trying to RNG a shiny egg with perfect IVs. I can't seem to hit my shiny seed.

I got both parents in the right order, the mom with the Everstone. I went into the Time Finder and found a seed with a frame of 1 in the Shiny Egg tab. I had it setup to 50/50 Male Female, Adamant, and Ability 1. Year 2012 Then I went into Seed to Time. Year 2012, same seed entered. I entered the delay into EonTimer and the seconds. the time given was 2012 01 01 and 20:00:45. I put the 45 in the target Sec in Eon Timer.

In game I defeated Entei just because he's still roaming. Then I put both parents in the daycare, walked outside and saved.

Now I shut down the game, opened the DS time and date and set the date then the time. The time I set to 19:59 because EonTimer shows I should have a one minute delay. I hit the A to set the time and the stat button at the same time. Shutdown the DSi completely, turn it back on, launch the game when EonTimer hits 0 for the first time, then start my saved game when it hits zero again. I call Irwin because I've never had a pokemon with Pokerus. I've never hit my seed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I forgot to mention I did sent my EonTimer to DSI from NDS. The seconds showing on EonTimer is 73:17 before it goes through the first time.

Any help on how to calibrate my EonTimer to fix this or anything else I might be doing wrong would be appreciated it. I was up way too late last night.

ID: 00869
SID: 14332
Seed: 2E14069A

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
What are you using for your calibrated delay and seconds btw? I would start with 500/13 (for SRing rather than booting game from menu) for now, then adjust from there. You probably will need to widen the delay range search.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reset/boot game when first timer hits 0, load the save when second timer hits 0.

600/14 is fine. Do note that a DSi takes longer to boot into the game than a DS lite/phat, so you may be farther off than you think.

I'm aiming for 1678, I got 1699, then 1671 when I tried to update Eon Timer. Am I just at trial and error at this point?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You have to insert or remove a GBA Pokemon game, OR change the year by one. Otherwise you'll only hit odd delays. Doing one of the above shifts you to even delay.

I'm still having no luck hitting my seed. I changed the year to 2013, tried multiple 1 frame seeds and I always miss it. I've been right next to it twice and 4-6 away a few times, but I can't seem to hit it. Is there anything I can do to nail this? It's been hours...

For example, I'm shooting for 1920, I get 1281, figure I need to change my year again, so I change the year. Next time I get 0 results, then 1289, then 1287. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I just have the worst luck ever, or I underestimate how long this process takes.

One of these
1. Your result range is too narrow(most likely the problem)
Delay +-99 sec: +-9 (widen the sec if you still cant find it or narrow the day and sec if you do)
2. You enter the wrong date and/or time on the ds or eontimer(which would throw off the result)
3. Your taking too long to check the seed and something is advancing the frame
4. There an bug with the reporter

One of these
1. Your result range is too narrow(most likely the problem)
Delay +-99 sec: +-9 (widen the sec if you still cant find it or narrow the day and sec if you do)
2. You enter the wrong date and/or time on the ds or eontimer(which would throw off the result)
3. Your taking too long to check the seed and something is advancing the frame
4. There an bug with the reporter
The first one solved it. I didn't realize how far off from my seed I was so often. I know I'm setting the date and time right, is so much of this really complete luck?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 21)