Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OK, you're doing random voting wrong.

A lynch with literally no argument behind it is kind of stupid. As it is now a ton of users are getting one vote and they don't have to do anything about it. Now that some people have posted (and some people conspicuously haven't either due to purposeful idleness or time zone problems), you should have enough to go off of to make at least SOME kind of deductive argument against one user. Example:

I think that it's probably a good idea that DLE gets protection, though it feels odd that he nominated himself for the job. Still, I think he's the "biggest" NOC name so he should probably get protection. I think that Walrein's attempt to move the sentry spot onto himself could easily be a ploy by the mafia team to get the sentry off of DLE.

vote Walrein

and sentry Da Letter El

Votecount 1.2 - Slow Start is a Terrible Ability

Lynch:
Walrein: (2) Da Letter El askaninjask
Shining Latios: (2) Empoof Eagle4
TPM: (1) Spiffy
Spiffy: (1) Walrein
askaninjask: (1) Jalmont
Eagle4: (1) zorbees
Metal Sonic: (0) zorbees
Not Voting: (8) Shining Latios, LightWolf, Infinity.Cypher, More Cowbell, TPM, shinyskarmory, Metal Sonic.

Sentry:
Da Letter El: (4) Da Letter El zorbees Eagle4 askanjniask
zorbees: (1) Jalmont
Empoof: (1) Empoof
Walrein: (1) Walrein
Not Voting: (8) Shining Latios, LightWolf, Spiffy, Infinity.Cypher, More Cowbell, TPM, shinyskarmory, Metal Sonic.

With 15 alives it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is in 113 hours, 10:00 PM GMT (midnight GMT+2).

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alternatively DLE's nominating of himself could be a mafia ploy as well.

This is my logic:

I have no proof that DLE is village.

I know I am village.

Therefore I would prefer a sentry vote on myself than a sentry vote on DLE.

It's not even a final vote - I'll likely change it once I can get reads on people, but the fact is we haven't really done anything past the random voting stage and I don't trust ANYONE at this point.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Everybody knows that they are village (mafia fakeclaiming village ofc) so why should everyone vote for themselves and have nobody get the sentry?

Ampharos

This is true, and that's not what I'm suggesting at all. Like I said, I plan on voting for someone who I obtain a strong village read on. There's simply not enough info right now.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Psst psst... Since DLE happens to be the 'best', or should I say, 'most popular' player in the game, Rand Sentrying him is in the town's odds(11/15)...

Unless it just so happens to be unlucky and 4/15 chance of Insane Scum...

But the chance of protecting a townie is as high as a Megahorn's accuracy, we can try our luck...

Just because askaninjask lynches someone doesn't mean that everyone has to follow it without stating WHY they are actually doing it. Bandwagoning doesn't give you a free ride. Even saying something like "I agree with askaninjask" is better than "yeah ok let's bandwagon lol".

More Cowbell: Out of everyone that has posted so far, which three players do you think are most likely mafia?
If anyone else would like to answer that would be nice too!

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
spiffy how the fuck are any of us going to think are mafia or not? nobody posted anything substantial yet?

although good to know that you're getting the ball rolling

sentry Spiffy

Well Spiffy, you said that we should at least randvote someone, and out of the people posting so far, Walrein seemed the most eager to jump onto the sentry position, which would be the most beneficial for a mafia member. I voted to sentry DLE because he, to me, is the most known mafia member and chances are 11/15 he is with village, so sentry-ing him is good for us.

Really, these are just some first guesses, nobody has said anything majorly suspicious so far. What is your mafia top-3, Spiffy?

Ampharos

More Cowbell said:
Walrein seemed the most eager to jump out into the sentry position
Walrein said:
It's not even a final vote - I'll likely change it once I can get reads on people
Walrein said:
Like I said, I plan on voting for someone who I obtain a strong village read on.
Are you even reading my posts?

To clarify: THE SENTRY VOTE I HAVE PLACED ON MYSELF IS A PLACEHOLDER UNTIL I CAN GET A STRONG VILLAGE READ ON SOMEONE

Th

Ampharos

Things I would like to see:

Cowbell explaining wtf he meant when he said I seemed eager to be sentry, especially since IMO dle seems a hell of a lot more eager than I am.

The other bandwagoners explaining why they bandwagoned, or some kind of contribution period other than "whee Walrein bandwagon"

Ampharos

Sorry for the triple post, but two of you have claimed that dle is a good choice because there is an 11/15 chance of him being village. While this is true, this is the case for anyone in the game, so I don't know how this helps your argument...

Although I will agree, a village-aligned El is a good asset to have on the village.

Prodding Infinity.Cypher.

I won't prod TPM because he hasn't been on since before the game started, but if he won't show up soon I'll replace him straight up.

~*~

Votecount 1.3 - My Wagon, Your Wagon

Lynch:
Walrein: (5) Da Letter El askaninjask Shining Latios Metal Sonic More Cowbell
Shining Latios: (2) Empoof Eagle4
TPM: (1) Spiffy
Spiffy: (1) Walrein
askaninjask: (1) Jalmont
Eagle4: (1) zorbees
Metal Sonic: (0) zorbees
Not Voting: (4) LightWolf, Infinity.Cypher, TPM, shinyskarmory

Sentry:
Da Letter El: (5) Da Letter El zorbees Eagle4 askanjniask Metal Sonic More Cowbell
zorbees: (1) Jalmont
Empoof: (1) Empoof
Walrein: (1) Walrein
LightWolf: (1) LightWolf
Shining Latios: (1) Shining Latios
Spiffy: (1) Metal Sonic
Not Voting: (4) Spiffy, Infinity.Cypher, TPM, shinyskarmory

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is in 102 hours, 10:00 PM GMT (midnight GMT+2).

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Unlynch Eagle4
Lynch Empoof

somewhat experienced user who is not contributing at all, yet has been somewhat active.

I'm still a bit suspect of walrein but I'd like to see another option get explored as well

Much like your own votes, Walrein, mine are just temporary as well. I just threw something around; there's nearly 4 more days before our final votes need to be in, so I'll almost certainly will vote someone else by then. Much like anyone, chances are highest that you are village; this is just a temporary thing. Nothing to get wound up about.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Unvote

vote metal sonic

Hey buddy

While I appreciate that you agree that walrein is a member of the icp, I must say that I find you to be quite a suspicious fellow! What say you to this?

Unlynch Eagle4
Lynch Empoofsomewhat experienced user who is not contributing at all, yet has been somewhat active.

I'm still a bit suspect of walrein but I'd like to see another option get explored as well
Fair enough.

Feels weird to sentry DLE when his first post about it was a joke... unless I misread it. But now that we've made a fuss over it we're almost forced to.

Sketchy people:
Eagle4 - Trying to slip by, getting things over quickly and quietly. He didn't even bother randvoting, just going with what the last post was (my vote).

Metal Sonic - sadly i agree with DLE here (damn you), but this:
Metal Sonic said:
spiffy how the fuck are any of us going to think are mafia or not? nobody posted anything substantial yet?
is a pretty bad cop-out for not even trying to look at anything. Moreso his tone is rash and eccentric, i didn't like it. Along with listing accuracy's as reasoning, meh. Idunno i just really didn't like his tone shift and logical fallacies.

Walrein - I guess i have to talk about him since there are 5 votes on him. He's clambering to make sure he doesn't die D1. Seems to have started from askaninjask saying the DLE is the best sentry vote (and everyone else is trash ^^), and since walrein voted himself instead of DLE he is trying to lean the vote away from him. I don't really think it's reasonable to assume he's mafia from that. It's good that he's trying to prod reasonings from people, but like Metal Sonic i didn't like his tone. But I know walrein a little better and that's kind of how he reacts regardless (sorry bud).
so tl;dr not village but not full scum. I feel MS is more scummy atm.

I'm not gonna change my vote yet, seeing as SL hasn't really done much :/ but I'm open to suggestion. And scummy moves.

k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)