Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Without a death we are just baselessly speculating and jumping onto the smallest things people do. Unless someone slips up we are basically gambling, and I hate gambling, we are more likely to off one of us instead of the enemy.

I'd rather wait for the mafia to shoot first. Gives us another day to discuss, another day for people to slip up! Just the lack of power roles doesn't mean that more time is useless.

Lynching when we have only baseless speculation only speeds up MYLO and LYLO situations.

If we wait at least one day, mafia kills, we get a dead person, that person is clean, we can start analysing their posts, their relations, all of them! Sure it will be a WIFOM fest but it will be a base to go off. One reason you could force a lynch for is to clean someone, and now be able to view their words as clean, but honestly then it would have to be an inteligent person who'd be better off alive and contributing. Or yes a gamble, boo gamble.

WE WILL BE UNSURE WHEN THIS DAY ENDS, your a dellusioned if you believe we are very likely to be sure of anything at this point. So yeah keep pointing fingers guys, give me more to work with, but when the day is about to end, think about whether you are feeling lucky.

LightWolf

lightwoof
I'm against actually lynching someone day 1 without someone slipping up big time, instead of saying wtf and voting me, provide a counter argument. DLE had one and I replied why I do not believe so.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
the best way to create those posts, relations, etc, is via the lynch. if everyone knows that there isn't going to be a lynch, the entirety of the lynch votes and most scumhunting is pretty pointless and won't tell us very much

hahaha yeah i know sorry, i was just stunned.

We have no power roles, we have sentry. Mislynching is less detremental. Reiterating ftw.

It's a gamble to be lynching in essence. But we get so much more info as well. I really don't think No Lynch should be considered an option. We have limited number of days. Getting people on lynch votes lets us see what they finalized on, how they came to those decisions, and we can actually point at bandwagoners easier.

Opting for no lynch makes it so we can't look at how people voted. Because they voted no lynch.

I need food

LightWolf

lightwoof
Lynches would merely be extensions of suspicions we are already actively pointing out and supporting/denying.

As for days becomming pointless, really mafia become more relaxed if anything, one can argue that they break under pressure, but I myself make mistakes more if I'm relaxed, pressure makes me more focused. sure this changes from person to person so I will admit that both methodes can prove effective.

And as I said, if someone slips I'm in 100% favour of a lynch, so there is NO reason to stop pointing fingers. Just because I believe one option is worse it can't hurt to try for the msot optimal one. When this all started I was pretty clear I want to see NO no lynch votes before we reach close to the deadline as it's simply passivity and not neutrality.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Lightwolf is kind of right to be cautious in the sense that our day 1 lynch will be by far our least informed lynch, but zorbees is more right. The whole basis of being scummy relies on the threat of the lynch in most instances. While people are pretty bad at noc here - myself included (gasp) - i don't think we're going to get much out of things if we honestly believe we're going to no lynch come the end of the day. As far as I am concerned, we are lynching today. I only have 1 day i'm guaranteed to be alive, and that's this one even with the sentry protection, and I intend to use it and set people up with some reads to use come day 2.

@spiffy do you think that lightwolf would have this opinion if he were aligned with the town?

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
currently viewing this thread: infinity.cypher (among others)

cypher what are your thoughts on the following users (feel free to add your own to this mix)?

Walrein
More Cowbell
askaninjask
Jalmont
Empoof
Metal Sonic

LightWolf

lightwoof
As I said, we should aim for the optimal option even if it's unlikely. The gamble of pointing fingers till someone pulls such a stunt that a majority agrees they should die is completely different from lynching someone based on little solid suspicion. The latter is rolling a dice, the former we can influence by what we do in this thread, SO DO THINGS. Pressure people, get a few votes on them if you think that will help. As it has been pointed out, majority isn't needed, people would actually need to vote no lynch to overturn that. I'm just not in favour of the day ending with a minority lynching someone due to indecisiveness.

Now that LightWolf has explained his reasoning and taking into account his previous reputation for being overly cautious all the time, I can see him having this opinion and still being aligned with the village. However I still don't think that his course of action is the best because of what zorbees said (We need to lynch to see voting patterns).

At first, I though no lynch was the way to get let someone die in order to get info, but then I was persuaded by you guys that (mostly dle) since lynching is the only way to kill mafia, and helps get information for the sane much faster

For Zorbees

Walrein - May seem shifty, but not really that much to me. He is someone to watch out for though, due to trying to take the sentry away from dle at first, though he voted for him at the end. But still, the fact he tried to get the sentry from an experienced NOC player could get fingers pointed at.

More Cowbell - New to NOC, though I would probably advise to randlynch someone in order to prod them into speaking. No read otherwise

Askaninjask - Thinking sane due to agreeing with the dle sentry, but otherwise, nothing else

Jalmont - Troll. Pretty shifty due to his (imo) trollish personality though I would like to get info from him since I think he's pretty clever (I blame billymills mafia) and can offer insight, though again he is a troll...

Empoof - I would say he seems the most SANE out of all of them, due to me agreeing with what he said besides the no lynch post though.

Metal Sonic - Unsure about him, but I agree with Empoof that his post did seem shifty since of randomly sentrying spiffy instead of dle

If I a had to randvote, I would have to Vote Jalmont so he can offer stuff

So since apparently people are unhappy with me voting "no lynch" so I thought I would explain my vote from my iPhone (out and about right now sorry).

Basically, if we randlynch we have a 4/15 (~26% chance) of hitting mafia. That means that we also have a 74% chance of giving the mafia an extra kill. With that in mind, I'd like there to be some kind of information behind any lynch we go for.

I'm happy to vote for anyone that we have legitimate evidence against. But right now killing someone is over twice as likely to hurt us then to hurt the mafia. We need evidence and randomly killing someone gains us nothing.

That's not to say that I'm against making reads myself. I just have no confidence in my ability to read someone off of 3 posts.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why does everyone think I was trying to hog the sentry for myself ~_~

regarding LightWolf: I disagree with what he thinks we should do, but I can actually see the logic behind what he's saying. I'd still rather lynch someone, but at least LightWolf is using logic.

regarding CypherXEmpoof OTP: It's quite possible that Cypher could be buddying, as iirc this is his first, maybe second NOC game. I don't remember Empoof mentioning Cypher, but I need to read back

regarding Empoof by himself: He doesn't really post unless called out, but he's always like that. His logic is solid in most of his posts, though the amount of troll posts could stand to go down. I need food too

Top 3 scumreads right now:
Metal Sonic (for reasons repeatedly stated by others)
ShinySkarmory (has contributed nothing except "let's not lynch guyz")
Jalmont (I've seen him viewing the thread a few times, but he hasn't posted since the first page)

Top 3 village reads:
zorbees (sound logic, promoting discussion, generally protown posts)
Da Letter El (is playing like village el and not mafia el)
Lightwolf (misguided opinion, but he sounds genuinely village to me)

I dunno guys I haven't really eaten all day my logic might be retarded.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Unlynch Infinity.Cypher
Lynch shinyskarmory

You could at least try reading people, not trying only hurts the village. Additionally, no lynching is terrible.

shinyskarmory what do you suggest then? Waiting until we're at MYLO of LYLO before we start lynching people? In that case we lose if we mislynch and since we wouldn't have any information on anyone's voting patterns because we no lynched everytime we'd be taking a shot in the dark.

Unvote LightWolf
Vote shinyskarmory

i didn't mention cypher because it was his first *real* post.

Still don't really have a read other than his lovey-doveying me for valentines day. But i tend to agree with myself as well :/ Cypher's entered my watch list.

Unvote LW, Vote Metal Sonic.
Might as wellto stick to my convictions.

@Shining Latios, how do you feel about No Lynch, and what's your take on people so far?

@shinyskarmory how are we going to get lynch evidence without targetting people. I'm more okay with LightWolf resolving that no lynch would be an end-all if we have sloppy lynch targets, but right now we're sitting on 4 pages of interactions. There's gotta be SOMETHING you can say about it. Here's my opinion on idling on no lynch today

@Empoof

I don't agree with the idea of No Lynching. It provides minimal progress in the game and is more of a negative. As far as people go, I feel like shinyskarmory's idea of supporting No Lynch is just stupid. He claims that we need evidence but where does No Lynching get us to?

Wow a lot happens when you sleep an entire night.
I'm not sure how to make my break-out post; shiny-skarmory advocates a no lynch and suddenly he himself is a lynch target? Don't wanna do that to myself :s
I'm gonna say that I definitely wanna lynch someone, but I really can't decide on someone to lynch yet. Maybe I'll read through the thread one more time, see if I can do any reading in-between the lines and make a vote later.

Hopefully this post was un-suspicious enough, and I hope we have a great game guys!

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Jesus christ unvote Walrein

It was just a random vote, and it worked remarkably well. We got a ton of pressure on him, and we forced a real response from him. As a result, I am getting a pretty strong town vibe from him now... so don't actually lynch him.

In his place I'll vote jalmont. Blind random voting is over now and he haven't posted since. He's posted nothing of substance so far, and is on his feet enough to know better than to do that.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
unlynch shinyskarmory
lynch TPM

I'm a bit suspicious of the line "hopefully this post was un-suspicious enough", as that is typically the scum's attitude. villagers shouldn't care if they look suspicious as long as it helps them find the scum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)