Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

Unlynch Infinity.Cypher
Lynch shinyskarmory

You could at least try reading people, not trying only hurts the village. Additionally, no lynching is terrible.
Okay.

After I make this post, I'm starting with you.

shinyskarmory what do you suggest then? Waiting until we're at MYLO of LYLO before we start lynching people? In that case we lose if we mislynch and since we wouldn't have any information on anyone's voting patterns because we no lynched everytime we'd be taking a shot in the dark.

Unvote LightWolf
Vote shinyskarmory
Whoever the mafia kills will give us more information. If, say, the mafia kills Empoof, then we could conclude that Metal Sonic is probably scum since Empoof is voting him as of right now.

i didn't mention cypher because it was his first *real* post.

Still don't really have a read other than his lovey-doveying me for valentines day. But i tend to agree with myself as well :/ Cypher's entered my watch list.

Unvote LW, Vote Metal Sonic.
Might as wellto stick to my convictions.

@Shining Latios, how do you feel about No Lynch, and what's your take on people so far?

@shinyskarmory how are we going to get lynch evidence without targetting people. I'm more okay with LightWolf resolving that no lynch would be an end-all if we have sloppy lynch targets, but right now we're sitting on 4 pages of interactions. There's gotta be SOMETHING you can say about it. Here's my opinion on idling on no lynch today
I will go back and read everything carefully in a second, I just got home.

Wow a lot happens when you sleep an entire night.
I'm not sure how to make my break-out post; shiny-skarmory advocates a no lynch and suddenly he himself is a lynch target? Don't wanna do that to myself :s
I'm gonna say that I definitely wanna lynch someone, but I really can't decide on someone to lynch yet. Maybe I'll read through the thread one more time, see if I can do any reading in-between the lines and make a vote later.

Hopefully this post was un-suspicious enough, and I hope we have a great game guys!
Good morning/afternoon/evening/whatever time it is!

i'm glad this game has gotten off to a great start, as shown by the one and only shining latios!

Jesus christ unvote Walrein

It was just a random vote, and it worked remarkably well. We got a ton of pressure on him, and we forced a real response from him. As a result, I am getting a pretty strong town vibe from him now... so don't actually lynch him.

In his place I'll vote jalmont. Blind random voting is over now and he haven't posted since. He's posted nothing of substance so far, and is on his feet enough to know better than to do that.
random voting isn't something that's arbitrarily decided, i don't think you can just go "hey, random voting is over because i said so. haven't posted since then? ur mafia?" i almost want to say your vote is part of the rvs since the logic isn't really doing it for me

I personally find that talking about whether to no lynch or not is a big waste of time, if you think we should no lynch, just do a couple google searches and figure out why that's a bad idea. explaining it just gives scum the chance to look they're doing stuff when they aren't

Zorbees

Post 1: Nothing other then his lynch+sentry vote (lynched Metal Sonic, sentried DLE).

Post 2: Unvotes Metal Sonic, votes Eagle4. Just like with his first post, no reasoning provided.

Post 3: Plays Devil's Advocate to Walrein's suggestion that everyone sentry him.

Post 4: Unvotes Eagle4, votes Empoof. Cites Empoof's experience and inactivity up to that point.

Post 5: Unvotes Empoof, votes Lightwolf. Says he wants a vote from Lightwolf.

Post 6: Unvotes Lightwolf, votes Infinity Cypher to "prod" him.

Post 7: Reiterates what others had said about no lynch.

Post 8: Asks cypher for reads on Walrein, More Cowbell, askaninjask, Jalmont, Empoof, and Metal Sonic

Post 9: Unvotes Infinity Cypher, votes me. Tells me to read someone (I'm working on it man)

Post 10: Unvotes me, votes TPM for a comment he made about being afraid of the reaction people had towards me voting no lynch.

Post 11: asks shining latios what the fuck he's doing

Conclusion: Zorbees is not contributing much to the discussion. He provides very little or no reason for his lynch votes and generally just occupies space in the thread. While others (Walrein, Lightwolf, DLE) have at least made an effort to make posts more then one sentence long, zorbees keeps posting lynch votes with almost no reasoning.

I don't like his posting style but I haven't been in a game with him before IIRC so I don't have a read on his playstyle or posting style. But I don't like the idea of someone who demands that others make detailed reads while he switches votes every now and then and contributes nothing.

Walrein

Post 1: Randlynches (or maybe not so random) Spiffy

Post 2: Asks how the Sentry works. Fair question.

Post 3: Sentry votes himself. Says he doesn't trust DLE.

Post 4: Logically explains why he prefers to sentry vote himself.

Post 5: Says that his previous sentry vote is a placeholder until somebody comes off strongly village.

Post 6: Accuses Shining Latios of bandwagoning (but then acknowledges in white text that it IS Shining Latios we're dealing with here)

Post 7: Clarifies once more that his sentry vote is a placeholder.

Post 8: Wants to know wtf More Cowbell meant when he said that Walrein seemed 'too eager' to be sentry. Never mind that Walrein used essentially the same argument when he sentried himself back in post 3. ('COULD BE A MAFIA PLOY')

Post 9: T-T-T-TRIPLE POST where Walrein says that the 11/15 argument is not applicable and then states that if DLE were village it would greatly help the village. Won't any active village member help the village?

Post 10: After zealously opposing a DLE sentry, suddenly he turns around and sentries DLE? kk...

Post 11: 'No lynch is bad stahp'

Post 12: Disagrees with Lightwolf but says he understands where Lightwolf's opinion is coming from. Says that Infinity Cypher+Empoof may be buddying (whatever that means). Says Empoof doesn't post unless he's called out, but then says he's 'always like that'. Why bring it up then?

Lists Metal Sonic, Jalmont, and I as scum reads, and DLE, Zorbees, and Lightwof as town reads.

Conclusion: Walrein changes his mind and contradicts himself several times but at least he's posting stuff that's somewhat intelligent. I can't really dispute his stuff talking about "playstyle" because I haven't really played enough mafia with good players to have a read on every single person's playstyle. (you guys all play expert games >_>)

Unvote
Vote zorbees

He is contributing nothing to the thread other then switching lynch votes twice a page.

unlynch shinyskarmory
lynch TPM

I'm a bit suspicious of the line "hopefully this post was un-suspicious enough", as that is typically the scum's attitude. villagers shouldn't care if they look suspicious as long as it helps them find the scum
Oh man that line made me more suspicious? Darn I was just hoping to make a post that would cause the same sort of reaction as shinyskarmory's but if I have all I can say is "woops."

This mafia is really interesting as all we can do is psychoanalyze each other's responses, much like real mafia, but without the convenience of seeing each other's faces go red. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

I'd like to end this post with saying something along the lines of "I'm village, please don't lynch me," but I fear that'll just draw more attention to myself, so I guess I'll just say that you guys can do what you want.

Man this game puts a lot of pressure on you...

Okay well I guess I'll post my thoughts:

Both Walrein and Empoof seem village to me, Walrein wouldn't be so stupid to post something like that if he was Mafia, and Empoof has been heavily involved in the current affairs.

Shady people:

Metal Sonic: Makes rash posts and hasn't really contributed to anything.
More Cowbell: Really needs to post more and actually vote someone.
Jalmont: Has been extremely quiet, and hasn't contributed anything whatsoever.
Infinity.Cypher: Hasn't even posted any votes (unless I'm mistaken)

Additionally, I think TPM shouldn't be accused of mafia yet, using the argument of "well, he said that he didn't want to be suspicous" isn't really evidence, it's a pretty weak argument imo.

So er.. unlynch Shining Latios

Vote Infinity.Cypher

let's see the response, and hopefully the votes.

Also, this has pretty much been established already, but no lynch is a terrible idea. I think we need to vote and get lucky; it is much better than waiting for the mafia to kill one of our people. We also gain more information from the results; we can see who died, who voted for who in more clarity. SO YEAH

inb4 more buddying (html for SS) claims. I'm the greatest.

I'm having a hard time sifting through new players and mafia slips. Sorry boys :/

TPM get used to the pressure. If you're not mafia, the more you do will show that.

I don't view zorbees as scum atm. Mostly because he says alot in small posts. His votes have meaning as far as i can see. But thanks for that post SS, flip flopping is bad later on so if it persists then he could be causing a rouse to have the village lose direction. But for now the pressure is nice seeing as we know moot.

Vote still on Metal Sonic, seems he's got an unfortunate time zone but i want to hear what he has to say when he's on next

shinyskarmory even though zorbees' post aren't long, they actually get people talking and continue generating discussion (you did just submit that huge analysis because of his posts...).

Unlike people that no lynch, who just completely stop the village from being able to analyze buddying, voting patterns, and the like.

shinyskarmory even though zorbees' post aren't long, they actually get people talking and continue generating discussion (you did just submit that huge analysis because of his posts...).

Unlike people that no lynch, who just completely stop the village from being able to analyze buddying, voting patterns, and the like.
Yes, one or two of zorbees' posts DID induce discussion. However, most of his posts are simply changing his vote and not actually discussing anything himself. He is simply demanding reads from everybody else without providing any reads of his own. Personally, before I post another read I want him to post something that's more then 2 sentences long, and I don't feel that I'm being unreasonable in that request.

How did me voting "no lynch" earlier defeat your ability to see if people are buddying? I fail to see the connection-please enlighten me.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Post 8: Wants to know wtf More Cowbell meant when he said that Walrein seemed 'too eager' to be sentry. Never mind that Walrein used essentially the same argument when he sentried himself back in post 3. ('COULD BE A MAFIA PLOY')

My argument wasn't that DLE was too eager, my argument was that it was a rash decision that we shouldn't make with zero information.

Post 10: After zealously opposing a DLE sentry, suddenly he turns around and sentries DLE? kk...

Because at this point I had a pretty good town read on DLE and it was inevitable anyways.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
random voting isn't something that's arbitrarily decided, i don't think you can just go "hey, random voting is over because i said so. haven't posted since then? ur mafia?" i almost want to say your vote is part of the rvs since the logic isn't really doing it for me
I understand this, and that's why I said "blind" random voting in my post... You still have not yet made a post that could tie you to any other user, apart from the extremely early random vote on me. I want to see your reads of some users - if you want to continue to vote for me, then do so, but at least give a reason why beyond "it's early in the game and I'm voting randomly". Enough people have posted by now that you should certainly be able to say something...

Also, TPM, please tell me what you think of at least two out of three of the following users:

Lightwolf
Walrein
Da Letter El
So far I'm not getting a huge scummy read on LightWolf. I think most of his posts just show a caution that I attribute more as a character trait than anything. Maybe thats because I in someway I agree with him; I'm not a fan of D1 lynching, BUT I acknowledge it must be done.

Da Letter El I really have no read on. Most of his posts just seem to be following that whole "first" style. Maybe if he offered his opinion on some more recent happenings I could develop a better opinion

As for Walrein, I'm not gonna lie I see him as slightly scummy, but not nearly as much so as a few other players. My feelings for him present my biggest issue with Day 1 lynching; it still feels too soon to tell if people are being scummy or just defensive because they are scared of the random vote.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
god damn, had a big post written up, will try to write this up short but sweet. here are some reads:

more cowbell: seems noob town, the tone of his posts seem to me like he wants to help but doesn't know how, as opposed to:
shining latios: leaning scum, he hasn't really explained any of his posts, as recent as post #100 jumping from one wagon to another with 0 explanation
lightwolf: a bit suspicious, he didn't really post much except when i called him out, and then the followup posts based off of his first meaningful post. I do tend to understand his sentiments regarding not lynching though.
empoof: i feel like he's been sneaking by, i haven't really gone back and looked into it but i feel like he hasn't been contributing very much, although people like eagle4 seem to think he has been.
jalmont: that last post wasn't very substantial after being called out, although he is playing in typical jalmont style, so idk
walrein: seems to be playing typical walrein style, so i'm leaning town, especially because i imagine some of the people who wagoned onto him may be scum
metal sonic: still suspicious of him, seems like he hasn't done anything in a while, may be time zone related though...
spiffy: i'd like to see something a bit more substantial, as like my previous posts, he seems to be a believer of the short+sweet post philosophy. IIRC he hasn't voted in a while though, so I'd like to see him place some suspicions on people.

Might post more later but this is enough for now, after my first post disappeared

empoof: i feel like he's been sneaking by, i haven't really gone back and looked into it but i feel like he hasn't been contributing very much, although people like eagle4 seem to think he has been.
I've been prodding and asking questions and giving my opinions with rational behind them. Trying to help the best I can. Let me know if you need something more specific, I'm happy to help.

Okay well I have school which does not entirely prevent me from being active (and I will be posting at school now that I know the game has started) and yesterday when I got home from school I just kind of fell asleep. And didn't wake up except to get off my couch and go upstairs to sleep more. I apologize for my inactivity but from now on I'll be doing my best to be involved! (I actually didn't know the game started until just before that first post because I had not been on a not-school computer since it had started. That is not normal for me though so don't worry)

Votecount 1.5 - Summer Rains

Lynch:
shinyskarmory: (3) LightWolf zorbees Spiffy Shining Latios
Jalmont: (2) Infinity.Cypher askaninjask
Metal Sonic: (2) zorbees Da Letter El Empoof
No Lynch: (1) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
Walrein: (1) Da Letter El askaninjask Shining Latios Metal Sonic More Cowbell
askaninjask: (1) Jalmont
TPM: (1) zorbees
zorbees: (1) shinyskarmory
Infinity.Cypher: (1) zorbees Eagle4
Shining Latios: (0) Empoof Eagle4
LightWolf: (0) zorbees Spiffy Empoof
TPM: (0) Spiffy
Empoof: (0) zorbees
Eagle4: (0) zorbees
Spiffy: (0) Walrein
Not Voting: (2) TPM, Walrein

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is in 89 hours, 10:00 PM GMT (midnight GMT+2).

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
TPM, are you a Snorlax?

@everyone: What do you think of Eagle4? I'm having a hard time getting a read on him, but his most recent post is pretty townie IMO.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Um, hi, Sorry I haven't posted in a few hours, bad timezone; GMT+8 here. Pardon me.

I see that DLE and Empoof have pressured voted me, um well I can answer DLE's question (I'll have to pull up that post first) but @ Empoof, that's the way I play. I make rash and blatant and weird posts but that's my town playstyle. Um well, I can try to be nicer here, since I'm new to Smogon and you guys dont know me very well, so I can try to make a good impression; but yeah thats my response for rash posting. I am mentally sound.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
ICP IS THE INSANE CLOWN POSSE

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS

lynch this person immediately

Nah but, you seem to imply that you've played mafia elsewhere? How much? Do you consider yourself a good player? If so, HALP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)