LNY, Valentine, Dual Events, Dual Weather

Hello, welcome to my somethingth RMT. This will be the first time I’m going without Rapid Spin, but fortunately I have 3 Spikes-immune pokemon. This team was actually completed over 6 weeks ago, but I was too lazy to make an RMT at that point. This team consists of mostly bulky, slow, powerful pokemon, the best example being Gira-O. I was going to ladder on PS but then the decay was extremely screwed and when I stopped laddering for 2 days, my score decayed by 340 (2250 to 1910). And I’m busy during LNY, so I stopped laddering. Besides the ladder on PS seems to be shit, I easily got a win-loss rate of 18-1, the one being due to the fact that I faced a team with Liepard, Murkrow and Sableye spamming Swagger, and I hurt myself >80% of the time. Then I started derping on the ladder. The end.

This RMT is to celebrate Lunar New Year and Valentine’s Day at the same time (not really), but I don’t want to give them shit nicknames like ChocChip or sth dumb. Love Letter? I guess it fits both occasions but no. Also I’m too lazy to find nicer pictures so too bad.

You can skip the team-building process, but it is the only way I can show that I did not steal this team. I do not steal teams, and I am against stealing teams but I can’t stop anyone anyway so wtv. This team has 5 pokemon similar to Can’t beat the Classics, I noticed that about two days before I started writing this RMT because I went to read some Smog Issue and looked at Featured Ubers RMT then I’m like “this looks familiar.” And then “I can’t rate it coz its too similar and I would be degrading my own team”.

So I started off considering Skarmory to wall physical attackers in general but mainly EKiller, and added Kyogre to weaken Fire-type attacks, and Latias and Genesect because I use them on every team for Kyogre and DDRay. I used SpecsOgre because defensive ones weren’t good in my opinion at that time and I like the raw power of Specs, while I already had a Scarfer (Genesect). And Kyogre was using Sleep Talk > Water Spout because I needed a sleep absorber and SpecsOgre rarely gets to fire off a Water Spout freely anyway. I used All-out attacker Latias because SubCM doesn’t fit here since Lugia keeps phazing. I then added Excadrill because I like spinners and I was weak to Zekrom in general. And lastly, since I had a spiker, I needed a spinblocker and went for Ghostceus, considering how easily it sweeps.

GHOSTCEUS SPRITE FIND IT I CAN’T GET AN ANIMATED ONE and my com is screwing up, meanwhile

So basically I got pissed with how Excadrill keeps getting owned and not getting Stealth Rock and shit, plus how Ghostceus takes too long to setup. Also Deoxys-S keeps getting 2 hazards up (ie SR and 1 Spikes) because my team is super slow. I was also getting swept by Kabutops easily after it gets a SD, since it easily 2HKOs everything on my team. So I used Offensive SR Groudon > Excadrill since I outspeed Adamant Kabutops and OHKO, rather than getting flinched by Waterfall which would prolly happen. Jolly Kabutops is rare and stupid. I also used Mixed attacker Giratina-O > Ghostceus since this allows me to at least have some form of priority and limit Deoxys-S to SR only, and sometimes when they expect Magic Coat (OK, rarely) they go for an attack and get up nothing.

Ok so the process was actually longer but it was too long ago so idgad and now I discover that I have nothing to counter Ghostceus and take Draco Meteors and sorts so I changed Kyogre to Resttalk with a SDef spread. Another reason for this change was the stupid luck I had that was in fact detrimental, because Darkrai’s Dark Void keeps missing against Kyogre. This resulted in me being screwed up since now I’m locked into a shit move. Also with Roar I stand a chance to beat SmashPass. I also changed Giratina-O to a SubShuffler set, which sucked, so I changed to a purely physical set since this beats Ho-oh more reliably and Substitute was generally useless.

I’ll give a more detailed explanation of each member in the actual RMT.

[SIZE=+3]THE TEAM[/SIZE]

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Roar

As I explained earlier, Kyogre is here to set up the rain to weaken Fire-type attackers, while serving as a special wall, as it has a high SDef stat. It therefore functions as a Ghostceus check, phasing it before it gets to like +6. It also works as a back-up Kyogre counter, being able to take the Ice Beam that hits Latias, and it is a last resort counter to most special attackers. It also beats Omastar, since its SDef is pathetic and it cannot hit Kyogre hard enough. Scald is there so I’m not Taunt bait, plus it has a chance to burn their switch-ins or wtv, which is crippling to even special attackers as the passive damage is annoying. 4 SAtk because its not gonna take physical hits anyway. It also laughs as Dual-status Darkrai T-waves me, only to take hefty damage from Scald or phazed by Roar, unless Kyogre derps. It is also my only way of stopping SmashPass, as I Sleep Talk on Spore and possibly BP, and hope Kyogre doesn’t screw up. Alternatively Kyogre can Scald and burn Smeargle, killing it.

Groudon @ Soft Sand
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Groudon is here to set up the sun, to prevent a +2 Kabutops from sweeping me and stuff like that. Groudon also acts as a switch in to Kyogre locked into Thunder, dealing a good amount of damage to the switch in generally, due to investment. I use Offensive SR Groudon for several reasons. Firstly, I outspeed Excadrill, Kabutops and most other swift swimmers (lol Beartic), only losing to a Smashed Omastar (which Kyogre beats). Groudon sets up SR easily, and surprises Ho-oh and Ferrothorn since most people try to set them up on me, only to get outsped and OHKOed. Besides, Ferrothorn tend to attempt set up on me, allowing me to eliminate an annoying pokemon, plus the opponent sometimes switches in Ho-oh right after, expecting me to be running SR/D-tail/EQ/Fire Punch, only to be swiftly OHKOed. I’m not using Dragon Claw because I need a Life Orb to 2HKO Giratina-O, while I lose to Latias and EdgeQuake hits most of the rest + Ho-oh (mainly Ho-oh). I tend to EQ Forry though, because I want them to stay in so I can OHKO them, plus the rare Custap might fail to activate (never did the calcs because for some reason I can’t run Honko anymore and I’m lazy). Soft Sand > Earth Plate doesn’t do much, but if I face the rare Trick CB Arceus, I don’t want to transform it and give a stronger STAB. (180 BP EQ vs 120 BP ESpeed) Also (even rarer) if the opponent uses Trick/Thief and then Fling, Soft Sand has 20 BP while Earth Plate has 90 BP. It’s not like it affects me negatively anyway, so why not?

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

This team was built from Skarmory, and Skarmory’s amazing typing and high defense means it can wall many physical attackers, such as EKiller and Groudon. Skarmory can easily find the opportunity to set up Spikes, weakening the foe further, as I have 3 phazers. Skarmory also acts as the main status absorber for the team, not because she’s the only option, but because I like setting up hazards on things like Lugia, Giratina. I use Rocky Helmet because unlike Ferrothorn, I have reliable recovery but no Protect. Skarmory doesn’t miss Lefties a lot, while punishing Genesect for spamming U-turn and Giratina and Lugia for D-tailing. It also weakens physical attackers, putting them closer to KO range. The EVs max out HP (duh), while getting the bonus defense point and the rest is put into SDef, which doesn’t help much considering how frail it still is on the special side. I do not use Skarm for tanking special hits, not even Seed Flare. However, it walls sand teams in general, taking Excadrill, Garchomp and T-tar’s hits with ease, unless Fire Blast. Toxic is the only debatable move, but I’ll like to actually beat last pokemon Eiller, instead of just walling and losing when it gets to +6 or sth. Taunt is useless imo since I’ll rather surprise kill Ferro/Forry or at least force it out with Groudon and maybe Latias, plus they can set up while I switch in Skarm and switch out on Taunt.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 Spd
- Outrage
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak

I do not use D-Meteor because for some reason it doesn’t do shit to Groudon. I focus on physical walling, because it shares roughly the same resistances and weaknesses as Latias, having advantages only in taking Bug, Normal, Fighting and Poison attacks. Poison is non-existant in Ubers, Bug-type attacks are just Genesect’s U-turn which is physical, Normal-type is from EKiller and Wallceus only, and walled and set up on by Skarm, and special Fighting-type moves are only from Mewtwo and Darkrai, both of which hit Gira-O SE anyway. Also, Gira-O is my main counter to Blaziken and Ho-oh (preferably under rain). 8 Spe allows me to outspeed Mixed Zekrom and other 4 Spe base 90s. Shadow Sneak because I want to limit Deoxys-S to one layer and Deoxys-A to one attack. Outrage is to hit anything I like (general STAB) and Dragon Tail phases. I use EQ > WoW, because I need to hit Excadrill and WoW tends to miss (although in my experience it misses less than Leaf Storm and HJK, where I had accuracy of 44% (4/9 times) and 30% (3/10 times)). WoW is not very useful imo (on this team) because I have Skarmory to wall shit and Ho-oh and Blaziken can’t get burnt, while I prefer to KO Zekrom. Giratina-O > Giratina because Giratina just walls and I have Skarm to do that, plus if I’m facing Sand Stall and there are 3 Spikes + SR on both sides, Gira can’t spinblock Excadrill, being OHKOed by a +2 LO EQ after 3 Spikes + SR. Meanwhile Gira-O sits there being immune to Spikes and EQ, plus physical investment means it can take hits relatively well too.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Explosion
- Ice Beam

Genesect is the Scarfer of the team, since it revenges Rayquaza unless some idiot gives it a sash or sth. I use Physically based Genesect because generally U-turn happens to be the most favourable move. Iron Head is for alternate STAB, plus it has a flinch rate. The EVs allow me to outspeed Rayquaza while having a slightly stronger Ice Beam for things like Zekrom. Also, as Physically based is becoming more popular, they’ll U-turn on me, then I’ll U-turn on them later and bring out a counter to their switch-in. Naïve because ESpeed or whatever. Other moves are standard, Explosion for power, Iron Head for STAB, Ice Beam for revenging DDRay. Iron Head is not to underestimated, it has swept several teams for me.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 100 HP / 212 SAtk / 196 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias is the best counter to Kyogre, unless you are satisfied with the piece of shit called Gastrodon in Ubers. Unlike Gastrodon, Latias can actually threaten the opponent. I use All-out Attacker because Dragon Pulse just manages to fail to OHKO the opponent. It is also more threatening immediately, and Ferrothorn has started carrying attacks more often to beat SubCM, which is what I was using. Latias also tends to lure Ferrothorn in to set up Spikes, only to be incinerated by a HP Fire (outside of rain, I guess?). I use Thunder > Grass Knot because Grass Knot is stupid and hurts me when Ferrothorn switches in, while Thunder has the godly paralysis chance, so I stand a chance to beat Genesect if it switches in. Even if it doesn’t get para, I still do a heck load. Thunder also hits Skarmory under rain, because my team has no spinner. The EVs allow me to not hit a SR number, outspeed Garchomp and hit a Soul Dew number. It’s not like I have anything to aim for anyway.

[SIZE=+3]Threats[/SIZE]
What the hell, I’m weak to:
[SIZE=+2]SSSS LUDICOLO (swift swim subseed)[/SIZE]

Because its SDef is high and with investment, it can take Latias’ hits well, plus nothing else can do a shit about it. It walls Kyogre more then vice versa, plus it outspeeds and does a lot to Skarmory and Genesect with Surf, then it OHKOs Groudon with STAB Grass Knot. Giratina-O just gets stalled like Latias. Fortunately I don’t see it, I just thought of it.

[size=+1]
Hohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho-OH

[/size]
Standard Tank Ho-oh is outsped and OHKOed by Groudon’s Stone Edge. It is also severely weakened by SR, so everything but Skarm can kill it. Unfortunately Genesect needs to go Bang, and only Gira-O can switch in. That’s why I use Phys. Def. I have to weaken Tailwind Ho-oh though, which isn’t that difficult due to 4x SR weakness and its Life Orb, so I wall it with Gira-O. After SR and a LO Brave Bird, it dies to Outrage even when Gira-O is burnt. FC is similar, but Genesect can also Explode on it.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Roar

Groudon @ Soft Sand
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Skarmory (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 Spd
- Outrage
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Explosion
- Ice Beam

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 100 HP / 212 SAtk / 196 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Uh, rate, steal, hate, Luvdisc, I guess?

Besides the ladder on PS seems to be shit, I easily got a win-loss rate of 18-1, the one being due to the fact that I faced a team with Liepard, Murkrow and Sableye spamming Swagger, and I hurt myself >80% of the time.
Is this the idiot you are talking about: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers9117564?
Btw, if you read the chat there, you will see them say that Drcao meteor had a low damage roll.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Normal: 357-421 (80.95 - 95.46%) - he got a MAX damage roll.

Anyway, use 84 Speed EVs on Giratina-O to outspeed Tentacruel. This way, you can Earthquake it before it sets up or tries to burn Giratina-O with Scald. Take these EVs out of attack.

Rock Slide>Stone Edge on Groudon since the move is exclusively for Ho-Oh who Groudon will not want to miss against.
Change Skarmory's EV spread: EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 Spd. Taunt>Toxic.
This way, Skarmory can outspeed and prevent Giratina from using Rest with Taunt.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team is pretty good. Since you don't have a Rapid Spinner, I can potentially see other Stall teams with Spikers + Lugia being problematic. Lugia can set up a Sub on most of your Pokemon and avoids getting killed by pretty much everything, and then outspeeds all of your phazers and just Dragon Tails the crap out of you. I'm not too sure if Taunt is worth the slot on Skamory to stop Lugia being a bitch, since Toxic lets you stop ExtremeKiller pretty much whenever, but if Lugia is causing problems, I'd recommend it.

Is this the idiot you are talking about: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers9117564?
Btw, if you read the chat there, you will see them say that Drcao meteor had a low damage roll.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Normal: 357-421 (80.95 - 95.46%) - he got a MAX damage roll.

Anyway, use 84 Speed EVs on Giratina-O to outspeed Tentacruel. This way, you can Earthquake it before it sets up or tries to burn Giratina-O with Scald. Take these EVs out of attack.

Rock Slide>Stone Edge on Groudon since the move is exclusively for Ho-Oh who Groudon will not want to miss against.
Change Skarmory's EV spread: EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 Spd. Taunt>Toxic.
This way, Skarmory can outspeed and prevent Giratina from using Rest with Taunt.

Stone Edge > Rock Slide because it is not exclusively for Ho-oh, it is also for Rayquazas that attempt to set up on me and occasionally some Lugia, plus hitting a Gira-O on the switch in. It is also for Thundurus, since I can survive a +0 LO HP Ice and OHKO back in return, since Rock Slide isn't a guaranteed OHKO without SR.
Why do I need to prevent Gira from Resting? If I run Taunt, I won't be able to do anything to it anyway, and the EV spread is largely detrimental to my bulk. This is like an invalid reason to use Taunt.

This team is pretty good. Since you don't have a Rapid Spinner, I can potentially see other Stall teams with Spikers + Lugia being problematic. Lugia can set up a Sub on most of your Pokemon and avoids getting killed by pretty much everything, and then outspeeds all of your phazers and just Dragon Tails the crap out of you. I'm not too sure if Taunt is worth the slot on Skamory to stop Lugia being a bitch, since Toxic lets you stop ExtremeKiller pretty much whenever, but if Lugia is causing problems, I'd recommend it.
Yeah, that's a good idea. Fortunately it hasn't posed that big of a problem yet, but if it does, then I may consider running Taunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)