Wasalu

.: W a s a l u :.

Hello Smogon, and welcome to my first RMT here! I'm fairly new to the Smogon community,
however I've been a lurker of the Smogon site for some time and have a decent amount of
experience. The theme for this team and RMT is based on my favorite artist, Lupe Fiasco.
(who's actual name is Wasalu, therefore the name of the thread.) When deciding how I wanted
to go with this team I decided that I had not tried the VoltTurn strategy yet and I felt like I could
put it to good use, or at least try to. The team started around a Landorus-T + Rotom-W
VoltTurn'ing minicore and went on from there. The team's main objective is to get hazards
up as soon as possible and then start racking up damage from the constant VoltTurn'ing
and switching the opponent is having to do, then once weakened a late game sweep by Latios and/or Breloom.

= = = = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = = = =

Superstar @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head - Wish
- Body Slam - U-turn​

Jirachi acts as a universal glue for the team. Jirachi fulfills many roles and purposes on the team that are invaluable.
With its Steel typing and bulk it is able to absorb Draco Meteors and other Dragon type moves and proceed to cripple those
Pokemon, notably Latios and Latias, with Paralysis. The Wish support it provides is very appreciated by multiple Pokemon on
the team, as no one has their own way to recover health outside of Leftovers and Rotom-W's Pain Split. When in doubt,
ParaFlinching is always useful. Finally, Jirachi can also do a good job of scouting with U-Turn and because of the fact that with
minimal speed investement Jirachi isn't very fast, he can often safely bring in another Pokemon on my team to threaten the opponent.​

Beautiful Lasers @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump - Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp - Pain Split​

As stated before, Rotom-W was part of the foundation of this team along with Landorus-T. With his excellent typing he is able to
switch into many attacks with the VoltTurn chain. Rotom-W is also useful in its ability to cripple common physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp.
Pain Split works nicely with Rotom-W's low base HP to regain health. Rotom-W works well against rain teams, having his STAB Hydro Pump
boosted and being able to use a Super Effective Volt Switch on the Water types that are commonly seen on rain teams.​

BREAK THE CHAIN @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake - Stealth Rock
- U-turn - Stone Edge​

Landorus-T, again as stated earlier, was part of the foundation of the team with Rotom-W in the VoltTurn core.
Landorus-T acts as a very good pivot Pokemon for the team. Landorus-T finds it very easy to set up Stealth Rock's most of the
time and more often then not leads for me. Once he gets rocks up he is basically free to wreak havok with its huge base 145 attack
and powerful STAB Earthquake. The ability in Intimidate, coupled with the invested bulk, allows Landorus-T to tank many physical attackers.
Landorus-T is a very solid Pokemon at this stage in the metagame and can deal with many of the top physical threats.​

Battle Scars @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes - Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball - Volt Switch​

Forretress' main roles on the team are to set up Spikes and Spin to keep hazards of the field.
It's ability to absorb physical hits, most notably Outrages from Pokemon like Dragonite and Salamence is just icing on the cake.
Gyro Ball is Forretress best STAB option, being that it is outlandishly slow.
Volt Switch allows Forretress to scout and also bring in other Pokemon on the team unscathed just as U-Turn does for Jirachi.​

Lamborghini Angels @ Life Orb

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf - Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock - Dragon Pulse​

Latios is my go to special attacker and with his huge base 130 Special Attack and quick 110 speed
he functions as a very good late game sweeper. Latios carries the usual coverage moves of Surf and HP Fire.
Psyshock works as an excellent STAB move. Dragon Pulse was elected as my main STAB attack over Draco Meteor as
Latios is intended to finish off multiple Pokemon late game and having the Special Attack drop will severely hinder his ability to do that.​

Put 'em Up @ Life Orb

Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch - Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance - Spore​

Breloom is one of the dominating physical attakers of the current metagame. STAB, Life Orb, Technician boosted Mach Punch and Bullet Seed
clear out nearly any weakened Pokemon late game that Latios is unable to clear through. Spore is always dangerous as being asleep can allow me to grab a
quick Swords Dance and Breloom becomes that much deadlier. Mach Punch is deadly as it is, but at +2, Breloom's ability to sweep up those Pokemon who
have been worn down by the hazards throughout the match is increased ten fold.​

==============
Well, thanks for reading and I hope that
you'll have advice for me as I know there's
always room for improvement. I'm open
to any suggestions and I'll greatly appreciate any help.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, cool team, Lupe's pretty good :o

Anyways I noticed that Volcarona in the sun is a huge problem for you. You're okay with Sun teams in general for the most part, thanks to Latios, but he's beaten/setup on by Volc, who also sets up on Jirachi and Forretress. After it gets to +1, Volcarona can pretty much go for a clean sweep of your team. Fire Blast taking out the 3 pokemon it's supereffective to while Landorus takes well over 100% from any variant [around 130 and upwards]. Rotom-W can't stop it because of sun nerfing Hydro Pump, which does 49.2% - 57.88% when Volc is at +0 and 32.8% - 38.59% when hes at +1, plus it really can't stop Volcarona with Roost or Giga Drain at all unless it crits the rooster with Hydro Pump. Latios unfortunately loses to Bug Buzz, as well. I think in order to mitigate this you could probably try out a Scarfed Landorus-T over your current set. The set is still able to check stuff it normally does like Garchomp and Terrakion, but has the added benefit of being able to stop Volcarona from sweeping your team. Additionally, I'd consider Roost>HP Fire on Latios. It's the one mon responsible for taking stuff like Keldeo, Breloom and attackers from sun teams [bar Volcarona] and it seems like a smart opponent could kill it really quickly between LO damage and SR, Roost would add some much needed longevity to the set to help it check things long-term.
You can play around Scizor and the spiking mons you hit it with can be handled by Forretress, as for the loss of SR I'd just slap it on Jirachi probably. Psyshock is another option to replace for Roost, as you can still mash Breloom with Dmeteor or HP Fire and Keldeo takes a ton as well. You can also change to Lefties if youre really concerned with staying alive.

Change Summary:

Latios:
HP Fire [or Psyshock I guess->Roost

Jirachi:
U-Turn or Body Slam->SR

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hi there,

I see a pretty bad weakness to volcarona and clorophill venusaur. They can both setup a free quiver dance or growth against Rotom-w, breloom, and forretress, and once they do so your whole team is pretty much koed by their stab and coverage moves. A quick fix to it would be to put a Choice band dragonite over your latios. Choice band dragonite checks similar things to latios, like water pokemon and fighting pokemon, but it has a strong extreme speed that will help you revenge killing these two threaths. The set you should use is Outrage / Extreme speed / Superpower / Fire punch with a standard 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe and adamant nature. You dont have to fear that much about stealth rock since you already have the spinner. Outrage its the stab, fire punch lets you catch steel types like hidden power fire latios did, and superpower will help you dealing with Air baloon Heatran and rain ferrothorn. The only things i see you will be more weak to are thundurus and Landorus, but to be honest they take enough damage from extremespeed so that you can revenge kill them.

I would also consider thunder wave on rotom-w and a special defensive spread, to take less damage from specs hydro pump of Politoed or keldeo, which seems a bit threatening otherwhise. The special defensive spread would help a bit also against the two threaths i nominated earlier, thundurus and landorus, being able to survive an hit and hit back wtih hydro pump. With thunder wave, you can also do a better job stopping keldeo and special threaths in general that you struggle with, and its a solid paralize core with jirachi. Thunder wave also lets you be less setup fodder for Venusaur and Volcarona, just in case you have already lost dragonite for some reasons.
Hope this helps, gl
Dragonite @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 230 SDef / 252 HP / 28 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Hey there, cool team, Lupe's pretty good :o

Anyways I noticed that Volcarona in the sun is a huge problem for you. You're okay with Sun teams in general for the most part, thanks to Latios, but he's beaten/setup on by Volc, who also sets up on Jirachi and Forretress. After it gets to +1, Volcarona can pretty much go for a clean sweep of your team. Fire Blast taking out the 3 pokemon it's supereffective to while Landorus takes well over 100% from any variant [around 130 and upwards]. Rotom-W can't stop it because of sun nerfing Hydro Pump, which does 49.2% - 57.88% when Volc is at +0 and 32.8% - 38.59% when hes at +1, plus it really can't stop Volcarona with Roost or Giga Drain at all unless it crits the rooster with Hydro Pump. Latios unfortunately loses to Bug Buzz, as well. I think in order to mitigate this you could probably try out a Scarfed Landorus-T over your current set. The set is still able to check stuff it normally does like Garchomp and Terrakion, but has the added benefit of being able to stop Volcarona from sweeping your team. Additionally, I'd consider Roost>HP Fire on Latios. It's the one mon responsible for taking stuff like Keldeo, Breloom and attackers from sun teams [bar Volcarona] and it seems like a smart opponent could kill it really quickly between LO damage and SR, Roost would add some much needed longevity to the set to help it check things long-term.
You can play around Scizor and the spiking mons you hit it with can be handled by Forretress, as for the loss of SR I'd just slap it on Jirachi probably. Psyshock is another option to replace for Roost, as you can still mash Breloom with Dmeteor or HP Fire and Keldeo takes a ton as well. You can also change to Lefties if youre really concerned with staying alive.

Change Summary:

Latios:
HP Fire [or Psyshock I guess->Roost

Jirachi:
U-Turn or Body Slam->SR

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
Thanks! I had noticed that same issue last night when I had no answer to a Volcarona and it swept through at +1. I'm definetly going to try out switching Landorus-T to a Choice Scarf variant. I also thought of something that I'd like another person's opinion on. I thought about using Scarf Landorus Incarnate forme over Therian forme. This would be able to actually outspeed +1 Volcarona which could prove for the Incarnate forme to be more useful for the team with a Scarf than Therian forme.

Hi there,

I see a pretty bad weakness to volcarona and clorophill venusaur. They can both setup a free quiver dance or growth against Rotom-w, breloom, and forretress, and once they do so your whole team is pretty much koed by their stab and coverage moves. A quick fix to it would be to put a Choice band dragonite over your latios. Choice band dragonite checks similar things to latios, like water pokemon and fighting pokemon, but it has a strong extreme speed that will help you revenge killing these two threaths. The set you should use is Outrage / Extreme speed / Superpower / Fire punch with a standard 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe and adamant nature. You dont have to fear that much about stealth rock since you already have the spinner. Outrage its the stab, fire punch lets you catch steel types like hidden power fire latios did, and superpower will help you dealing with Air baloon Heatran and rain ferrothorn. The only things i see you will be more weak to are thundurus and Landorus, but to be honest they take enough damage from extremespeed so that you can revenge kill them.

I would also consider thunder wave on rotom-w and a special defensive spread, to take less damage from specs hydro pump of Politoed or keldeo, which seems a bit threatening otherwhise. The special defensive spread would help a bit also against the two threaths i nominated earlier, thundurus and landorus, being able to survive an hit and hit back wtih hydro pump. With thunder wave, you can also do a better job stopping keldeo and special threaths in general that you struggle with, and its a solid paralize core with jirachi. Thunder wave also lets you be less setup fodder for Venusaur and Volcarona, just in case you have already lost dragonite for some reasons.
Hope this helps, gl
Dragonite @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 230 SDef / 252 HP / 28 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
Hey, thanks for the suggestions! I'm testing out the specially bulky Rotom-W now and think its definetly doing great. The Paralysis support he can provide is also great.

bump.

I'd like to know what people think about Scarf Landorous Incarnate forme over Landorus-T to give me a way to beat Volcarona. Of course if anyone has any other suggestions for the team I'd really appreciate that too.

Landorus T is more of a Physical sweeper than Landorus I who can go mixed due to high Sp Attack + Attck. Landorus is not exactly a Volcarona counter anyway, as a switch in to STAB Fiery Dance can severely hurt him. Gyarados or Heatran remain the best counters with Salamence and Dragonite getting special mention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)