5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I think there is a NPC advancing the PID.

You can try to take a synchronizer with you and increase the chances of getting the pokemon with the desired nature if you don't know how to control the PIDRNG.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Note that the calibration process is basically the same in both BW1 and BW2, with the only difference being that BW2 has more possible Timer0 values so you'll have to calibrate more times to find your most common ones.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
I recently had to switch over to a Macbook so I have to use PPRNG now. I am quite familiar with RNG reporter. My question involves rng'ing roamers in Black/White 1.

I understand with RNG reporter, I have to catch a thundurus with the IVs and nature I want (which I have done with RNG reporter before), and use the frame of the thundurus I catch in Pandoras box by inputting the seed and frame. Then I would abuse the IDS of my game so that the next time I do the exact same advances for thundurus, it appears shiny.

I am just wondering, is the PPRNG equivalent of Pandorra's box, Trainer ID searcher?
If so, would it basically follow thru with the same process as RNG reporter?

Yes, the trainer ID searcher is the equivalent of Pandora's box.

RNG 3ds

Hi, what is the amount of seconds I need to deduct from the seed time when trying to hit a seed on a 3ds? (As there is a delay between pressing the start button and the game booting up)

A guy who speedruns Pokemon White and I are trying to RNG abuse a good starter. However, since it is a speedrun, we need to be able to do it from power on/without saving. We figured out that if you start a new game without deleting the old, the starter is generated on frame 11, however, when you start a new game after deleting the old data, it is generated on a different frame. Whatever it is, it is a consistent number, and it is at least 1300.

We are pretty much stumped for what to do now, since we cannot just save before the starter. If anyone knows how many frames the generating save data portion uses up, that would be glorious.

I'm back trying to do PID RNG now, and am still very confused. Here is what I am doing:

I use the 5th gen time finder to get a perfect 31 IV seed, the method I am using is the IVs for standard seed and for a stationary pokemon. The seed I am trying to abuse for is on frame 2.

I then copy and paste the seed into the first window of RNG reporter, with 5th gen PIDRNG selected and stationary pokemon selected. After hitting calculate initial PIDRNG frame, I get a frame of 48.

After hitting generate, the first thing listed has a frame of 53, pitch high 90, timid nature (trying to get a timid latias)

After that I don not know what to do. For the IV frame, I am only supposed to make one advancement. But for the PID, I need to go from 48 to 53? So how many advancements do i need to do?

And if i entered the game at the right time, and also happen to be on the correct timer0, the first chatot cry i hear when accessing the summary window should be the high 90 correct?

I hope this makes sense, basically what I'm asking is how do I make the advancements for the IV seed and PID seed when they are each on different frames.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, you really should look for an IV frame of 1. The only way to advance it is by walking 128 steps. Since it's frame 2 that means you can only have 1 Pokémon in the party for that.

For the PIDRNG that would be 4 Chatot pitches.

A guy who speedruns Pokemon White and I are trying to RNG abuse a good starter. However, since it is a speedrun, we need to be able to do it from power on/without saving. We figured out that if you start a new game without deleting the old, the starter is generated on frame 11, however, when you start a new game after deleting the old data, it is generated on a different frame. Whatever it is, it is a consistent number, and it is at least 1300.

We are pretty much stumped for what to do now, since we cannot just save before the starter. If anyone knows how many frames the generating save data portion uses up, that would be glorious.
I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you. RNGing your starter without saving seems very tedious, I suggest RNGing the starter separately from speed running. If you really want to, maybe a researcher could help you.

I'm back trying to do PID RNG now, and am still very confused. Here is what I am doing:

I use the 5th gen time finder to get a perfect 31 IV seed, the method I am using is the IVs for standard seed and for a stationary pokemon. The seed I am trying to abuse for is on frame 2.

I then copy and paste the seed into the first window of RNG reporter, with 5th gen PIDRNG selected and stationary pokemon selected. After hitting calculate initial PIDRNG frame, I get a frame of 48.

After hitting generate, the first thing listed has a frame of 53, pitch high 90, timid nature (trying to get a timid latias)

After that I don not know what to do. For the IV frame, I am only supposed to make one advancement. But for the PID, I need to go from 48 to 53? So how many advancements do i need to do?

And if i entered the game at the right time, and also happen to be on the correct timer0, the first chatot cry i hear when accessing the summary window should be the high 90 correct?

I hope this makes sense, basically what I'm asking is how do I make the advancements for the IV seed and PID seed when they are each on different frames.
The PID RNG and the IV RNG are separate, so they have separate advancements. If I understood your post correctly, then your target PID frame is 53 and your initial frame is 48? If so, then...

You would need to advance your IV frame by 1 (walk 128 steps with 1 Pokemon in your party) and then advance your PID frame by 5 (5 Chatot cries or save 5 times), and then interact with Latias. If you hit the correct timer0 then Latias should have the desired IVs, nature, etc..

I strongly suggest finding a different IV seed because a frame of 2 is really annoying to have. Hope this helped. If not, let us know.

Edit: Oh Hozu, you ninja :p

Just wanted to add...

No. The first Chatot cry you should hear would be the Chatot cry from frame 48, because that is your initial frame. Frame 53 isn't the first frame, it's the first frame that has a Timid nature. When you generate your frames, make sure you have the Nature set to "Any" so you can see ALL of your PID frames, not just the ones that are Timid.

Is it possible to RNG a wild pokemon on B2? I have successfully RNGed and PIDRNGed before, even wondercard, so if it is possible i think i shouldn't have any problem to do it.

It probably means "Use the BW1 guide". There is nothing too special, just use the correct encounter type (Wild Pokemon) and be sure to look for the correct encounter slot in the PID frame list.

Edit: I don't think he can refer to BW1, therefore anything of "same as BW1" is futile for now.

Agonist

Is there any way to set a date and time range and search for an IV spread?
Not a time range, but you can with a date range (it's limited to only a year per search for RNG Reporter, but you can do massive ranges in PPRNG).

I am trying to RNG a Skarmory in W2, but I keep getting a Camerupt with the IVs that the Skarmory should have. In my search I am using the correct encounter slot. What am I doing wrong here?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I am trying to RNG a Skarmory in W2, but I keep getting a Camerupt with the IVs that the Skarmory should have. In my search I am using the correct encounter slot. What am I doing wrong here?
You are most likely not advancing to the correct PID frame. Are you familiar with PID frame advancement? If so, it's possible a nearby wandering NPC is throwing it off.

Agonist

Nope, no WNPCs outside of Reversal Mountain, although occasionally the PIDRNG will start one frame later than it should.

Hello everyone, I am trying to RNG breed shiny + flawless zoroark.

I use the chatots to advance my frame and I hatch the shiny pokemon with my desired nature. However, the IVs are off. I am using a ditto and a japanese zoroark (both flawless). I don't know what I am doing wrong. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)