Handling Deoxys-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the most common set, does Deoxys-D makes Genesect gain an attack boost or a special attack boost? I make this question as I am planning to use genesect without U turn, as I will use him as a late game set up sweeper with flame charge on a sun team. This is the set:

Genesect @ Bug Gem
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Flame Charge
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

and I would like to know from other users if this is viable. I made the calcs and if I get the special attack boost Genesect will always ohko 252hp/252spd Deoxys-D without tanga berry. Nevertheless if an attack boost is more common I can move more evs into attack and change Bugg Buzz for X-Scissor and this way power up flame charge.

Extremely sorry if anyone has mentioned this somewhere else, but I couldn't find it so I'm going to ask.
I've seen people mention Trick+Choice Item to deal with Deo-D, but even then it may set up 1 layer of hazards. However, I don't see a reason to not use Trick Espeon as an almost foolproof counter to Deo-D. I'm mean, what can Deo-D do to it? The best option would be Skill Swap, but once it's locked into it, then you've successfully prevented Deo-D from setting up any hazards at all.

Extremely sorry if anyone has mentioned this somewhere else, but I couldn't find it so I'm going to ask.
I've seen people mention Trick+Choice Item to deal with Deo-D, but even then it may set up 1 layer of hazards. However, I don't see a reason to not use Trick Espeon as an almost foolproof counter to Deo-D. I'm mean, what can Deo-D do to it? The best option would be Skill Swap, but once it's locked into it, then you've successfully prevented Deo-D from setting up any hazards at all.
Yeah, running, say, CSpecs Espeon would certainly make Deo-D rather useless, but it would definitely limit Espeon's usefulness as well, seeing as you opt to lock it into one move, and if Ferrothorn comes in on, say, Shadow Ball, you can't do anything to it while it can either beat the crap out of you, or it can predict your switch out and grab a layer of hazards.
I would not use Scarf Espeon, though. +1 Speed Deoxys-D spamming Spikes is a horrible, horrible thing to face.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
You all want a surefire counter?

Magic Coat Espeon. Dgaf about skill swap lol.

All seriousness, just limit him to SR + Spikes and try to get an early sweep. Deo isn't threatening to the point were you need to make anti-Deod (like you might rain)

Accelgor could be a nice spiker over Deo-D because it has spikes and can Encore set-up leads has a nice special attack. However, with only Bug Buzz and Hidden Power [Fire] it can take out OU most common spinners Forretress and Starmie. It can even take out opposing Magic Bounce users. Hydration + Rest is also an annoying combo to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)