OU Conquest Round 2 (see post #73 for deets)! DEO-D IS BANNED.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, today marks my 1980th post on Smogon. It’s been a great run and I’ve met some cool people, but instead of making a dumb thread in a forum where I list a bunch of people I love and appreciate, I decided to make a fun challenge to bring the community together.

Approved by myself and Pocket. Format and concept stolen and modified from voodoo pimp’s Smogon Doubles Conquest.

Welcome to the OU Conquest! In this challenge, we will play a modified version of OU by unbanning or banning certain aspects of the metagame. For instance, in one round we may unban non-Sand Rush Excadrill, then unban Darkrai, then unban Moody (k maybe not), then ban Drizzle / all weather, and so on. Doing this will offer a unique perspective of the metagame and will foster a competitive spirit among forum goers. The challenge will be carried out on the IRC channel #conquest. More details regarding IRC are provided below.

In a Nutshell

• All participants would start off with 20 GOLD COINS. You win by either being:
  • the first to earn 100 GOLD COINS or the one last standing.

The Nitty Gritty Rules

• Participants will put [C] in their IRC username and challenge each other Smogon's official Pokemon chat, #pokemon, by PM only.
  • The winner gains half of loser's' GOLD COINS and the loser will lose GOLD COINS by the same amount ROUNDED DOWN.
  • Exception A: If the loser has more than 40 GOLD COINS, the winner would gain maximum of 20 GOLD COINS and loser lose the same amount of GOLD COINS.
  • Exception B: If the loser has less than 4 GOLD COINS, the winner would gain minimum of 2 GOLD COINS and loser lose the same amount of GOLD COINS (even if that means negative currency)
  • Players with less than 1 GOLD COIN is eliminated from the challenge
  • Additional Means of Earning or Losing GOLD COINS:
    • If you win a game that eliminates a player you earn 3 additional GOLD COINS
    • You win 6 GOLD COINS for a 5-win streak; 12 GOLD COINS for a 10-win streak; etc
    • You lose COINS by inactivity; GOLD COINS lost = Days w/o battling - 2. This means you must play at least once every other day to avoid this penalty
  • Finally, if you have already joined the competition, YOU MAY NOT REFUSE MATCHES. This is a cut throat competition and you should be ready and willing to fight.

Reward

• Every surviving participant will receive 1 pt for every 10 GOLD COINS
  • The winner of the challenge will receive an additional 2 pts
  • Every eliminated player will lose 1 pt
  • When you reach a certain amount of points, you will be rewarded with something special!

How to Enter

Simply join #pokemon and ask for a match for the OU Conquest challenge. Report your win / loss in this thread, and you'll automatically be registered as a participant.

All participants track record will be stored in this spreadsheet

Miscellaneous
This is mainly for my reference but is vital for anyone else who has editing access. The spreadsheet records are updated with the following formulae:

Loser
N3 (cell of loser's updated coin amount): =N2-MIN(20,FLOOR(N2/2,1))

Winner
L14 (cell of winner's updated coin amount): =L13+MIN(20,FLOOR(N2/2,1))

These care of rounding as well as the 20 DOUBLOON gain / loss restriction.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Round 2
No more Steels

Rules: Standard OU, except all Steel-types are banned.
Round 1
Only shooting stars break the mold~

Rules: Standard OU ruleset, except Excadrill with either Sand Force or Mold Breaker is allowed on your team.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
Novaray: 3
double01: 3
The Unlucky one: 3
Alexander.: 3
Pwnemon: 3
LilOuOn: 2
ThePillsburyDoughBoy: 1
Joeyboy: 1
Uomo Solo: 1
Neliel: 1
Enguarde: 1
Ultimario: 1
SlimMan: 1
Arcticblast: 1
Deluks917: 0
jonathanrp: 0
Shining Latios: 0
Organization Member XIV: -1

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Silly NixHex and your stealing from the Smogon Doubles project :O ...then again, you're one of the people leading it.

Beating Excadrill should be interesting!

This is a really cool idea, and something I've been contemplating for a while. I'm glad this is going to be a thing. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this goes, and I might try it out myself if I have time, which I unfortunately don't have right now.
Anyways, I don't think that Excadrill will be overpowered without Sand Rush, as that was what really pushed it over the limit. Without it, it'll be a great spinner and a potentially good scarfer in the sand. Sun teams will really appreciate its typing and spinning abilities, I can tell.
So yeah, good luck all, congrats to NixHex on moving towards 2K posts.

I can definitely see Balloontran and Ferro spammed into oblivion. IN! Also, Nixhex, a question. When you say that the winner gets half the loser's coins and that the loser loses the same amount, are you referring to the same thing in two different ways? I just need a little clarification, cuz I just want to be absolutely clear.

Thought "Is only copy of OU Mini-tour." Saw Sand Force/Mold Breaker.
In

Also I love you NixHex I actually stalk you a lot please love me back </3

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Base post:

Feb. 20th, 2013
1) vs. OMXIV | Loss | 0-1-0 | -10 | 10 total | Replay
2) vs. SlimMan | Loss | 0-2-0 | -5 | 5 total | Replay
Feb. 21, 2013
3) vs. Alexander. | Win | 1-2-0 | +20 | 25 total | Replay
4) vs. Bad Ass | Loss | 1-3-0 | -12 | 13 total | Replay

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you know I was really waiting for that appreciation reference but ok jk ilu NixHex

So this is what you were referring to. Seems like a cool idea! I can't wait to FINALLY fuck Rotom and Gengar, THANK YOU SIR!

Base Post

1) vs. Arcticblast | Win | 10 Doubloons Gained | 30 Total (February 20, 2013)

2) vs. delkus917 | Loss | 15 Doubloons Lost | 15 Total Replay (February 20, 2013)

3) vs. SlimMan | Loss | 8 Doubloons Lost (I'm assuming) | 7 Total Replay (February 20, 2013)

4) vs. Shining Latios | Win | 10 Doubloons Gained | 17 Total
(Right-Click because and hit open in new tab because the image is being a bitch.) because replay wouldn't upload. (February 20, 2013)

5) vs. LilOuOn | Loss | 9 Doubloons Lost | 8 Total (February 21, 2013)

Won vs Arcticblast, +5 coins for me
gg man, Swadloon is a BOSS

Won vs tehax0r, +7/8 coins for me (does it round up or down?)
gg man

Won vs Deluks917, but he left IRC and PS before I could ask how many coins I get
edit: I just did the math, and since he beat tehax0r first, who beat ArcticBlast first, that gives me +17/18, depending on rounding

Coin Total: 49/51, based on rounding

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
in / base post

1) vs. jonathanrp | Win | 1-0 | +10 | 30 total
1) vs. Doughboy | Win | 2-0 | +7 | 37 total

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)