Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion: Allow a way to look at Pokemons' sets while being trapped by shadow tag.

Reason: I opened a random battle against a Gothitelle and wondered what my other Pokemon's sets were, but couldn't look.
Hmm, well there's no use of viewing them if you can't use them at the moment, so i think it would be pretty unnecessary.

I am not sure if this has been suggested yet, so sorry about that. Anyways, I thought it would be much easier if we can change our teams's order in the teambuilder. I think it would be easier for everyone as you could put it in order of tier, order of most used, etc. I just thought it could definitely be a handy utility.

It is always irritating during the first few days of a suspect test, when about 100 people log on and say "OMG OMG what's being suspected is it drizzle nothing else is broken lolol". Therefore, the chat window would probably have to endure a lot less spam if there was a banner at the top with useful messages, such as recent tier changes.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am not sure if this has been suggested yet, so sorry about that. Anyways, I thought it would be much easier if we can change our teams's order in the teambuilder. I think it would be easier for everyone as you could put it in order of tier, order of most used, etc. I just thought it could definitely be a handy utility.
You can do that in Import/Export, a better way to do so will be implemented in the future.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
It is always irritating during the first few days of a suspect test, when about 100 people log on and say "OMG OMG what's being suspected is it drizzle nothing else is broken lolol". Therefore, the chat window would probably have to endure a lot less spam if there was a banner at the top with useful messages, such as recent tier changes.
Yes, this has actually been suggested many times and Cathy is working on/nagging zarel into implementing it

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Yes, this has actually been suggested many times and Cathy is working on/nagging zarel into implementing it
I thought I was nagging Cathy to implement it?

I guess I could do it, but client code is messy and I've been avoiding it for a while...

Is there any way to make sure at least two minutes pass between starting a new battle? I double click the find battle option sometimes, and I end up having to forfeit from the match later.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Is there any way to make sure at least two minutes pass between starting a new battle? I double click the find battle option sometimes, and I end up having to forfeit from the match later.
This has come up before and I think 2 minutes is agreed to be too long and something more like 20 seconds to be more appropriate. I'm sure there was a reason this wasn't implemented to some capacity but I cant remember why o.0.

It can be said though that if you are double clicking then its your own fault for going into 2 battles :P

Hey i know this is something small and insignificant but, as we all know gastrodon has two different forms ( West and East ) If it has two then why can we only choose one of them, that one being West form. So could we add in the East one too?

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I honestly think we should endorse triple battles and rotation battles. Is that coming soon?
If it is then thankyou. If not then please, I want there o be every possible thing on showdown.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I honestly think we should endorse triple battles and rotation battles. Is that coming soon?
If it is then thankyou. If not then please, I want there o be every possible thing on showdown.
It's been said before that Triple and Rotation battles will be implemented eventually. However, they're pretty far down on the list of stuff to be added from what I understand, so don't expect them for a long time.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's been said before that Triple and Rotation battles will be implemented eventually. However, they're pretty far down on the list of stuff to be added from what I understand, so don't expect them for a long time.
It's also the hell of a job. I'd rather see channels first, too.

Quoting to point out that we still are finishing up DPPt, and are working on ADV, GSC, and RBY to be implemented ahead of Triple / Rotation battles. There are currently no important uses for Triple or Rotation battles, and it doesn't look like they'll have any important capacity (think VGC level importance) for quite some time.

Mack the Knife

So your saying they'll probably come around when x and y are released

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
So your saying they'll probably come around when x and y are released
He's saying that there isn't a timeframe for these things. Tasks are done when developers feel like doing them and not by a schedule or anything. If someone has a sudden inclination to implement triples and rotation battles then they would be done by that person when he feels like it.

PS! is developed in peoples spare time and only really in ways in which they enjoy/feel like doing.

Mack the Knife

He's saying that there isn't a timeframe for these things. Tasks are done when developers feel like doing them and not by a schedule or anything. If someone has a sudden inclination to implement triples and rotation battles then they would be done by that person when he feels like it.

PS! is developed in peoples spare time and only really in ways in which they enjoy/feel like doing.
Ok, I understand now.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
While that's true, I think he was more going for an "the developers have a lot more important things to do first, before getting around to implementing triples/rotations" angle. If the devs had infinite time to code and program everything, they would probably want triples/rotations in at least for the sake of completeness. Even old gens would probably be a bigger priority, let alone typical bugfixing and various niceties such as improving the teambuilder. It's not just oh they don't feel like doing it.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have few suggestions :)
*1: Upgrade the !data commands. When doing /data (pokemon), showing the tier of it would be extremely handy sometimes.
*2: A friend list, showing which friends are online, and which rooms they are in.
*3: Upgrade the PM system; make a little picture of a letter pop up next to the person who sent you a PM, for sometimes you miss the message...

mostly the !data thingy, but i hope you will take the other 2 into account as well :)

Hmm, well there's no use of viewing them if you can't use them at the moment, so i think it would be pretty unnecessary.
I'm pretty sure this would be a useful feature (though probably quite low priority since it's rare enough). Knowing what my other mons are greatly changes how I might play the poke I have out right now. Depending on the rest of my team, I may want to kill Chandelure right away (if it is a huge threat to the rest) or set up some support (if not).

Here are some suggestions/comments I have about Random Battle:

• What's up with all of the random Baton Passes? It's definitely a good move, but I feel that it wastes a moveslot when not used in conjunction with any other applicable moves. I feel that it would be better if Baton Pass only appeared in conjunction with a stat-changing move or ability. Sometimes, you can use Baton Pass on a slow Pokemon to switch second, but that leaves absolutely no use for a fast Pokemon.
  • Weather-based abilities are pretty useless when there isn't any way to get that weather on your team, especially hail-based abilities since I never see hail outside of Abomasnow. Choosing between some abilities can be debatable (like whether there should be Weak Armor or Ice Body on Vanilluxe), but I don't see any reason not to put Thick Fat on Sealeo over Ice Body, especially when I never see Hail on that Pokemon.
  • Why do I see Detect over Protect on Unfezant/Tranquill? I forgot which Pokemon it was, but I feel like I always see it.
  • This is would be a very controversial change and has already been discussed before, but I absolutely favor getting rid of some lower stats Pokemon I consider to be just dead weight. I think Pokemon like Happiny can still be useful, but whenever I get Caterpie I just groan. At the very least, I would support getting rid of Pokemon that can't learn TMs that also have a very limited movepool.

Obviously, it's up to Zarel on what he thinks best fits his vision, but I feel that having these changes would make Random Battles a more enjoyable experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)