Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to previously mentioned moveset illegalties:

Dwebble can't have a moveset of Spikes/Stealth Rock/Shell Smash/Rock Blast;
- Dwebble can't learn Spikes because it's incompatible with another move.
But Pineco >Spikes> Dwebble(M) >Learns all three other moves via Lv.up> Breeds to Lv. 5 Dwebble.

Shellder can't have a moveset of Shell Smash/Rapid Spin/Icicle Spear/Rock Blast;
- Shellder can't learn Shell Smash because it's incompatible with another move.
But for Rapid Spin, Squirtle>Tentacool>Anorith(M), Anorith learns Rock Blast via Lv. up> Breed to Shellder(M) >Shellder learns Shell Smash+Icicle Spear via Lv. up> Breed to Lv. 5 Shellder.

Larvesta can't have a moveset of Flare Blitz/Wild Charge/U-Turn/Morning Sun
- Larvesta can't learn Morning Sun because it's incompatible with another move.
But Beautifly >Morning Sun> Larvesta(M) >Learns Flare Blitz via Lv. up> Breed to Larvesta Lv. 5 >Larvesta learns U-Turn+Wild Charge via TM.

Poliwag can't have a moveset of Encore/Belly Drum/Waterfall/Return
- Poliwag can't learn Encore because it's incompatible with another move.
But Spheal >Encore> Poliwag >Belly Drum> Poliwag lv. 5 > learns other moves via TM/HM.

-Thanks, and sorry about the messy format.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
In addition to previously mentioned moveset illegalties:

Dwebble can't have a moveset of Spikes/Stealth Rock/Shell Smash/Rock Blast;
- Dwebble can't learn Spikes because it's incompatible with another move.
But Pineco >Spikes> Dwebble(M) >Learns all three other moves via Lv.up> Breeds to Lv. 5 Dwebble.

Shellder can't have a moveset of Shell Smash/Rapid Spin/Icicle Spear/Rock Blast;
- Shellder can't learn Shell Smash because it's incompatible with another move.
But for Rapid Spin, Squirtle>Tentacool>Anorith(M), Anorith learns Rock Blast via Lv. up> Breed to Shellder(M) >Shellder learns Shell Smash+Icicle Spear via Lv. up> Breed to Lv. 5 Shellder.

Larvesta can't have a moveset of Flare Blitz/Wild Charge/U-Turn/Morning Sun
- Larvesta can't learn Morning Sun because it's incompatible with another move.
But Beautifly >Morning Sun> Larvesta(M) >Learns Flare Blitz via Lv. up> Breed to Larvesta Lv. 5 >Larvesta learns U-Turn+Wild Charge via TM.

Poliwag can't have a moveset of Encore/Belly Drum/Waterfall/Return
- Poliwag can't learn Encore because it's incompatible with another move.
But Spheal >Encore> Poliwag >Belly Drum> Poliwag lv. 5 > learns other moves via TM/HM.

-Thanks, and sorry about the messy format.
All fixed! I have better chainbreeding support now! :D

Can't see this posted so...

Toxic + Synchronize is inflicting toxic back on the attacker, rather than normal poison like it should.

When disconnected and reconnect, cannot rejoin battle. The screen show up instead of the player's side, it shows the opponent's view.
This happens occasionally to me as well. I usually have to exit the battle room, find my opponent on the userlist, and enter the battle room from there. Alternatively, I sometimes copy and paste the URL into a new tab. I don't know why this happens, though...

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-doublesvgc2013dev10239748

For some odd reason, a Pokemon only drops 4HP when it's about to die from residual weather damage. I'm not sure why this is, but it happens quite often, if not always (can't think of any instance recently where I haven't seen this happen)

If the Pokemon is at 12%, it should drop 6.25% to 5.75%. If it's slightly above 12.5%, which would be an issue for a player turn-wise, it should be displayed as 13% (HP stat number is rounded down regardless, while HP percentage number is rounded up if above .5%). It displayed 12% dropping to 6%, therefore verifying it was at least 6.75%, and went to 2%, which is either a graphical or data glitch. It can understandably be a simple graphical glitch, but the percentages should be displayed to accurately reflect the damage so people don't get confused =/

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-doublesvgc2013dev10239748

For some odd reason, a Pokemon only drops 4HP when it's about to die from residual weather damage. I'm not sure why this is, but it happens quite often, if not always (can't think of any instance recently where I haven't seen this happen)

If the Pokemon is at 12%, it should drop 6.25% to 5.75%. If it's slightly above 12.5%, which would be an issue for a player turn-wise, it should be displayed as 13% (HP stat number is rounded down regardless, while HP percentage number is rounded up if above .5%). It displayed 12% dropping to 6%, therefore verifying it was at least 6.75%, and went to 2%, which is either a graphical or data glitch. It can understandably be a simple graphical glitch, but the percentages should be displayed to accurately reflect the damage so people don't get confused =/
This is a new change that makes it more accurate to cartridges.

To be specific, it drops from 6 pixels to 3 pixels, and then from 3 pixels to 1 pixel. The game doesn't ever actually show HP percentage, so the HP percentage is deduced from the number of pixels shown.

This is part of an ongoing effort not to show anything a player in-game wouldn't know.

P.S. please use the "Share replay" button to share replays. If you just give the battle link, that expires in 15 minutes (and was already expired by the time I tried to look at it).

Didn't hit share replay sorry. If you get to it in time here's the battle link:
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-balancedhackmons10257450

It's a balanced hackmons battle so things are unusual, but I'm sure this is a bug.

Turn 1 I trick his chansey a choice scarf
Turn 12 His chansey uses transform. It's the same one it still has the HP missing
Turn 13 His Chansey (as my slaking) uses drain punch
Turn 14 His Chasey (as my slaking) outspeeds my gengar (because he has scarf) and uses crunch. He comments "lolwhat" "glitch?"

Edit: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/balancedhackmons10257450

Skull Bash doesn't up defense when used with power herb

Hey, in showdown, I used a powerherb to use skull bash and when I use the move, it doesn't up defense. Please fix this.

The problem is the team keeps going to the first in the list, which is quite annoying when you battle a lot.. fixes please?

EDIT: Forgot to metion this is the mac downloadable app.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus

The problem is the team keeps going to the first in the list, which is quite annoying when you battle a lot.. fixes please?

EDIT: Forgot to metion this is the mac downloadable app.
In the teambuilder change your teams to the correct tier (its a drop down menu under the team name) and this will be fixed.

Recently couldn't register due to it saying I needed to win a rated game. I've played it for months, won another rated game, just incase, in the battle txt I typed /register, and it said I need to win one >_> Still can't.

This happens occasionally to me as well. I usually have to exit the battle room, find my opponent on the userlist, and enter the battle room from there. Alternatively, I sometimes copy and paste the URL into a new tab. I don't know why this happens, though...
Hmm, I imagine this would be a issue only applying to those who has bad internet connection.
But according to the solution you have here, it seems they don't have battle reconnect directly..

Espeon7373's solution for battle reconnecting after d/c:
-Find opponent on userlist, then re-challenge
-Copy & Paste the URL into a new browser tab

Please change the port number. 8000 conflicts with irdmi (Intel Remote Desktop Management Interface). You may use any port number >= 49152, as they won't be assigned to any specific service by the IANA.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Please change the port number. 8000 conflicts with irdmi (Intel Remote Desktop Management Interface). You may use any port number >= 49152, as they won't be assigned to any specific service by the IANA.
Out of curiosity, do you actually use PS in such a way that it conflicts with irdmi?

Mental Herb is supposed to stop Encore. When Encore is used on something with Mental Herb, it activates and says the effects have worn off - but they don't seem to.

Not sure if this goes here or in tech support since it's kinda a bit of both but whenever you erase your password when you are registering an alt PS freezes up for a bit. Not really a big deal cause you can just click enter and it'll re-prompt you if they don't match.

Metronome has a couple of bugs, from what I noticed today. As shown in the log below, Sky Attack charges up, then metronome is selectable again. In addition, either the pop-up that says Metronome can't pick V-Create is wrong, or it's really supposed to, because Metronome picked it twice in the course of my battles today.

Turn 27
The foe's Jirachi used Metronome!
Waggling a finger let it use Sky Attack!
The foe's Jirachi became cloaked in a harsh light!
Make a Wish used Metronome!
Waggling a finger let it use Heavy Slam!
It's not very effective... The foe's Jirachi lost 7% of its health!
Turn 28
The foe's Jirachi used Metronome!
Waggling a finger let it use Sharpen!
The foe's Jirachi's Attack rose!

I am not entirely sure this is correct, but I've checked a few semi-respectable places which agreed with me.

So basically, the problem is the ability Stall with the item Quick Claw. A few sources (which I will link at the bottom) said that Quick Claw should override Stall, but in a CC1vs1 battle on PS it gave the Quick Claw message and Sableye still went last. I checked the not bugs and known bugs, didn't find anything about either, and the Smogon move priority page agreed that Quick Claw should make Sableye go first. I could be wrong, and this isn't a very important problem, but for accuracy's sake and all, here is my proof and my research's findings:

Screenshot: LINK
Replay: LINK

Various articles of research:
Smogon BW Article about Move Priority - "If a Pokemon with Stall activates Quick Claw, then that Pokemon will still go first, barring a faster Pokemon activating its Quick Claw."
Some guy's blog that mentions it would work - "Unfortunately, my Sableye has the "Stall" ability, but there's a way to cancel it out---either you make Sableye hold the quick claw or have it learn "Shadow Sneak" to gain the upper hand of striking first automatically."
Smogon thread where a guy used the combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)