VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm..... I'm wondering about Articuno. Is there any point of really using it, it's 4x weakness to rock really turns me off, even despite it's great defense. I'm not one to use the Mind Reader Sheer Cold combo either. Is there competitive value to using it?

I suppose if you had a random Hail/Rain team you could spam Hurricane/Blizzard... but yeh, there's a reason why it isn't used so much unfortunately.

Hmmmm..... I'm wondering about Articuno. Is there any point of really using it, it's 4x weakness to rock really turns me off, even despite it's great defense. I'm not one to use the Mind Reader Sheer Cold combo either. Is there competitive value to using it?
GF haven't released the snow cloak Articuno, yet. Because it could at least be useful.:(

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It really depends on what you want to use it for. Honestly, they don't have much in common other than being special attackers.

Well moltres is uncommon, and no one is really on the look out for a moltres. And I don't plan on using a garchomp for disquake. I kind of want it as a bulky special attacker like zapdos.

If your opponent have another auto-weather pokemon, you can decide to keep Politoed in the back if you think your Politoed is faster so you can active your prefered weather.

In any other case, no, Politoed have any use just because of his ability. Pokemons that are keeped in the back are the ones that can sweep when a counter have been removed.

Tyranitar, Abomasnow, and Hippowdon are all slower than Politoed, so if your opponent has those, it's best to keep Politoed in reserve. Otherwise, the slower weather starter will win the weather war, and Politoed would have to switch out and back in (switching in general is usually risky in doubles) or resort to having a Rain Dance user bring back the rain.

If your opponent doesn't have one of those weather starters, then not usually, but I'm sure there are reasonable circumstances depending on the team it's being used on and is up against.

Sorry if this is a noob question:

I am wondering if any pokemon downloaded from Pokecheck are allowed at tournaments and such. If the legality analysis shows it as legit and I download it untrained. (With a ribbon attacked)

Thanks

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry if this is a noob question:

I am wondering if any pokemon downloaded from Pokecheck are allowed at tournaments and such. If the legality analysis shows it as legit and I download it untrained. (With a ribbon attacked)

Thanks
If you download them with the ribbon attached you will be disqualified. However, you can download the .pkm files, and send them to your game using another fake GTS without the ribbons being attached, and then use them in tournaments without any problems.

Would eviolite golbat be good? It looks good on paper with high defenses, super fang toxic, roost, and air slash (flinch)
I've used Crobat and Golbat quite a lot, and eviolite Golbat is really nice, and can usually get a fair few hits in (even Metagross's Zen Headbutt and Zapdos's Thunderbolt are 2HKOs or 3HKOs depending on whether you go special or physical) but personally I usually run Crobat, for its ability to get tailwind up or taunt before any non-pranksters.

At very least, Air Slash on a non-serene gracer is a bit iffy, and toxic is generally not advisable in VGC. I would go for something like Super Fang, Roost, Tailwind, Protect.
U-Turn, weather moves and other support moves are pretty good for it too.

Crobat, on the other hand, can also run a damned strong and fast Gem Acrobatics.

Ok. I'm trying to decide a spread for a Follow Me Togekiss. That's geared toward special attacking. Can someone per chance, glide me toward a moveset & spread?

So, I have been seeing quite a few minimize blisseys/chansey's lately, anyone know a good counter?
No Guard + DynamicPunch Machamp is the ultimate counter. Otherwise taunt it or hope you win a PP war. I would guess Aura Sphere would never do enough damage to overcome leftovers+softboiled, but that could work too.

So, I have been seeing quite a few minimize blisseys/chansey's lately, anyone know a good counter?
I quiet met with some of them too (with shuckle...) . The best you could do is Fake out + fighting attack, so you could attack again next turn or predict a switch. Taunt (hope it won't has mental herb..) or, like it was said, dynamicpunch + No Guard machamp.

Edit: spore could also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)