5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I am also having problems catching the right pokemon...right now I am trying for a flawless sneasal, jolly, encounter slot 0, but when I do hit my timer 0 it is always a flawless piloswine, jolly.

My starting PID frame is 59, and the next PID frame that has both a jolly nature and an encounter slot of 0 is 72, so I advance the frame with chatots 14 times (that's 14 chatot cries) but I still get the piloswine.

any idea what else can be done?

Are you advancing the frame using a Chatot(s) Reshiram?
Yes the problem is that while I can get the right nature and spread I want, it's on the wrong pokemon.

Please post the seed you're using so we can get an idea of what you're doing.
8A304BODACD6ED59 Frame 1 31|31|31|31|31|31 Dark 70 06/07/13 15:54:37 C7C Start Left Y

On the main window it says my initial frame is 47 and I've been listening to three chatots to get it to frame 50 and then I use sweet scent to initiate a wild battle, befor finally landing on frame 51 with the bold nature. Please let me know if there are any additional advances that I have to do or whatever.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Post the seed you're using so we can try to guess what's going on.
Swadloon is on encounter slots 1/3/9/11 so you're probably hitting a bold frame with one of those encounter slots.

Post the seed you're using so we can try to guess what's going on.
Swadloon is on encounter slots 1/3/9/11 so you're probably hitting a bold frame with one of those encounter slots.
I was getting there... edited my previous post with the seed.

I wondered if I was hitting an adjacent seed or something weird like that. I'm still a noob at this.

My starting PID frame is 59, and the next PID frame that has both a jolly nature and an encounter slot of 0 is 72, so I advance the frame with chatots 14 times (that's 14 chatot cries) but I still get the piloswine.
Let's do math again: 72 - 59 = 13, not 14.

Yes the problem is that while I can get the right nature and spread I want, it's on the wrong pokemon.

8A304BODACD6ED59 Frame 1 31|31|31|31|31|31 Dark 70 06/07/13 15:54:37 C7C Start Left Y

On the main window it says my initial frame is 47 and I've been listening to three chatots to get it to frame 50 and then I use sweet scent to initiate a wild battle, befor finally landing on frame 51 with the bold nature. Please let me know if there are any additional advances that I have to do or whatever.
We don't know what to say, but either the seed you are giving us is wrong, or one of our RNG Reporter. The starting frame for 8A304BODACD6ED59 is 41 (BW) or 44 (BW2). Frame 51 had Bashful, not Bold.

Quick question guys, and sorry if it has already been asked but way too many pages to find the answer.

Can the Darkrai obtained via the tweaking glitch be rng'd?

You probably talk about the Darkrai in DPP. Usually people ask questions about the previous generations here.

To answer the question: It is a stationary Pokemon.

Let's do math again: 72 - 59 = 13, not 14.

We don't know what to say, but either the seed you are giving us is wrong, or one of our RNG Reporter. The starting frame for 8A304BODACD6ED59 is 41 (BW) or 44 (BW2). Frame 51 had Bashful, not Bold.
Actually I think I wrote that down wrong *squints at the tiny writing* and that the seed is:

8A3048ODACD6ED59 Frame 1 31|31|31|31|31|31 Dark 70 06/07/13 15:54:37 C7C Start Left Y

I also checked the PID of the swadloon by uploading it to Pokecheck and it matched the PID on the main window, that is: 0x1331B79A

So I really don't know what's happening here...

Still having problems with the wild RNG.

This time my initial PID is 49, and am trying to hit a PID frame of 58, witch gives me the nature and encounter slot I want (which is 0 for a sneasal)

When I hit my timer0 and seed, and do 9 PID advances (58-49), and i keep getting the piloswine with the desired nature and IVs. So i tried to doing 10 advances on the PID, and i still got the same thing.

very confused now...any other tips? :(

also i would like to note that i got a sneasal with the IVs i wanted, but it was adamant. there was no adamant nature near the jolly nature on the list of PID frames. not sure what this means.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Still having problems with the wild RNG.

This time my initial PID is 49, and am trying to hit a PID frame of 58, witch gives me the nature and encounter slot I want (which is 0 for a sneasal)

When I hit my timer0 and seed, and do 9 PID advances (58-49), and i keep getting the piloswine with the desired nature and IVs. So i tried to doing 10 advances on the PID, and i still got the same thing.

very confused now...any other tips? :(

also i would like to note that i got a sneasal with the IVs i wanted, but it was adamant. there was no adamant nature near the jolly nature on the list of PID frames. not sure what this means.
Are you using the right PID method? And also, are there any wandering NPCs in the area?

in time finder, I am using gen 5 standard ivs, in the main window i am using gen 5 PID.

there are no wandering NPCs, or any NPCs, but there are dust clouds, not sure if the they doing anything.

Actually I think I wrote that down wrong *squints at the tiny writing* and that the seed is:

8A3048ODACD6ED59 Frame 1 31|31|31|31|31|31 Dark 70 06/07/13 15:54:37 C7C Start Left Y
That is still the wrong seed. You know you can just copy and past the seed; like "Richt-click - Copy Seed To Clipboard". The other data does not help us, we only need the string sequence and the game.

Maybe you should give us your seed, too. There appears to be a few buggy things in the RNG Reporter, at least for BW2.

My question is founded on the fact: there's not a mention of XL format in DS Parameter Search for 3DS, but there is for DSi.
Sorry about my english, i hope you undestand what i mean.
Thank you.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My question is founded on the fact: there's not a mention of XL format in DS Parameter Search for 3DS, but there is for DSi.
Sorry about my english, i hope you undestand what i mean.
Thank you.
3DS and 3DS XL use the same hardware. Same with the DSi and DSi XL.

here it is:

F40E85DE4CE68FA8 06/24/13 05:02:54

frame: 6
timer0: 10F3
keypresses: None
That's easy to answer: Sneasels only appear on Encounter Slot 0, but the slot on frame 58 is not 0 but 6. If you want a Jolly Sneasel, you will aim for the PID frame 71.

Edit: The Wild Encounter method is really broken. It appears like in every case the Encounter Slots have been shifted, not only in my case. Forget about frame 71, aim for frame 105, which will guarantee you a Jolly Sneasel. Afterwards, please tell me what PID is has; we are collecting data.

Let us explain what is wrong with the RNG Reporter Wild Pokemon Encounter: The "Chatot" and the "Nature" column are synchronal to the "Frame" column, but "Encounter Slot" and "PID" are not. For some reason they are shifted by one. Where do I report bugs or inconsistencies?

That is still the wrong seed. You know you can just copy and past the seed; like "Richt-click - Copy Seed To Clipboard". The other data does not help us, we only need the string sequence and the game.

Maybe you should give us your seed, too. There appears to be a few buggy things in the RNG Reporter, at least for BW2.
No it's the right seed, I double-checked it this time. Is it possible that the RNG reporter gave me a bad seed? Either way I think I might try a different seed and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)