Starting over your pokemon games...

Do you start over your games?

• Yes

Votes: 113 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 55 32.7%

• Total voters
Hey guys, this is just a quick thread to see if anybody else decides to simply start over their pokemon games to have another playthough with different pokemon or if they keep their saved games forever

A simple vote or commented would be awesome

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love playing through multiple times, but I always trade my worthy pokemon over to another game so I don't lose them forever. With this I find myself replaying older games more because it's easier to transfer them up from gen 3-4 and 4-5 rather than trade for Pidgeys over and over. So I'm yet to replay BW as I haven't bothered to move all my companions over to BW2, but after my second playthrough I'll probably do it a lot more!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I tend to buy both games and keep one for everything and replay the other with lots of different teams.

Makes the most sense for me because I hate loosing Pokemon, but having a storage game is great. I wish there was another storage game like Ranch that had less restrictions on trading to different cartridges and the like.

I used to restart PTs, but not anymore after it turns out that the DS games are a bunch of bitches and want you to delete save files first -.-"

I don't start my games over, since I always get attached to my first file. I stopped buying both versions starting with Sapphire, so I don't have an extra game to restart, but I don't really care since I never really have a desire to.

I only restart if I can first remove at least all the important Pokemon, if not the whole lot. My veterans will always have a home on my cartridges.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
This was funny, my diamond was deleting the data as I clicked on this! xD

Every time I find a new theme to play with; this time it is with possible light type pokemon. My plan is bronzor, shinx, turtwig and chimecho

I restart my games like crazy...but I usually have one "anchor game" that I try to keep per generation that I trade good Pokèmon to. Like I'm Gen 3, it was my Sapphire, Gen 4 it was my Pearl, and Gen 5 has been my Black.

It depends sometimes. If I feel I accomplished too much in the game, I won't restart it. However, if I feel like I got a bad start, then I will restart. Another however, I feel accomplished to almost anything positive so.. Not too much restarting here! ;P

I have a quick question.
If I send my Keldeo to the dream world, and then restart my file, can I get it back?
On topic, yeah, all the time. I used to be unable to get event pokemon, so it wasn't a huge deal. Now that I have Keldeo, though, I won't until I can transfer it to another game or (if possible) send it to the DW and then get it back.

I have a quick question.
If I send my Keldeo to the dream world, and then restart my file, can I get it back?
On topic, yeah, all the time. I used to be unable to get event pokemon, so it wasn't a huge deal. Now that I have Keldeo, though, I won't until I can transfer it to another game or (if possible) send it to the DW and then get it back.
I doubt it since it would probably require your original save file's trainer ID.

But don't take my word for it however as I don't know. I'm just making an educated guess.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a quick question.
No it doesn't work that way, iirc all you information changes when you restart so you can't link it with your existing global link account which makes you start another.

Try the simple questions and answers thread next time for a quicker/better response

I only restart if I can first remove at least all the important Pokemon, if not the whole lot. My veterans will always have a home on my cartridges.
I restart my games like crazy...but I usually have one "anchor game" that I try to keep per generation that I trade good Pokèmon to. Like I'm Gen 3, it was my Sapphire, Gen 4 it was my Pearl, and Gen 5 has been my Black.
I do these too.

I don't restart a game if it has a much loved team on it, but sometimes I get a few gyms into a game and lose interest and will simply restart the game when I pick it up again months later.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
This is what I do.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
I restart RBY and GSC from time to time, just to replay these games casually / speedrunning / glitching them depending on my mood

I used to all the time, sometimes right after beating the elite four. I always had the most fun playing through the story, and once I believed that was over I had no interest continuing (what's the point of having your 'pokemon friends' if there's nothing to do with them?) that was before I realized there was stuff to do afterwards though, and now I usually try to do some of that stuff before restarting. However, one game I'll never restart is my white version, as that currently has 637 pokemon in the pokedex and many more in the PC. If I want to start a new game on white ever I'll have to either buy an new one or borrow a friends

I also don't transfer my pokemon before restarting, simply because I remember all of the pokemon who didn't have a chance to be saved when I was younger and less caring and I feel that it wouldn't be fair ~

I'd love to, but my complete pokédex with perfect trainer card!!!!!!etc.!

I like to have the collections as a record, although one of these days I want to get an extra third or opposite version of each that I'd use solely for replays. If I had the money to blow on it I'd do it.

I do start my games over, though I do not do it much. I only do it to games that do not have anything significant in them. Then I make them awesome and give them serious significance

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love playing through multiple times, but I always trade my worthy pokemon over to another game so I don't lose them forever. With this I find myself replaying older games more because it's easier to transfer them up from gen 3-4 and 4-5 rather than trade for Pidgeys over and over. So I'm yet to replay BW as I haven't bothered to move all my companions over to BW2, but after my second playthrough I'll probably do it a lot more!
this basically

I tend to buy both games and keep one for everything and replay the other with lots of different teams.

Makes the most sense for me because I hate loosing Pokemon, but having a storage game is great. I wish there was another storage game like Ranch that had less restrictions on trading to different cartridges and the like.
this too

I ALWAYS restart 3-4/7 pokemon games that I have after transferring the successful team to one of the ones I won't restart on.

Just finished a Mono-Ground run of Platnium. Thinking of mono-Normal next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)