Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Dre89, take Juggernaut the Caterpie.
Juggernaut knows the bugs of Viridian are considered weak. To destroy this image, he has dedicated his life to all things macho.

Rules:

- Once he learns the awesome ab workout that is Harden, he must never forget it, and it must be his first move every time he switches in. He must also always know 1 Physical attack.

- He can evolve whenever, but he won't use any sissy Special attacks until he's proven his physical prowess by soloing 12 Rock, Ground or Fighting types (Mix & match)

- He must solo the Fighting Dojo, and all of E4 Bruno's Fighting types, to show those scrubs how it's done!

- Finally, he heard some poser named Mewtwo is calling himself the strongest pokémon ever, so he decides to go to Cerulean Cave & throw down! (Solo him without Special attacks)

---

Dodgerr, you can have Unown the Sigilyph.
This Sigilyph was raised by a family of Unown, and believes he is one.

Rules:

- As an Unown, the only attacking move he can use is Hidden Power (Get grinding at the PWT!)

- He must keep his affinity with alphabet by soloing a trainer owned pokémon whose names each start with a different letter of the English alphabet (Abra, Bronzor, etc.), and must have solo'd 20/26 letters before reaching the Elite Four.

- Also, before the League, he sees the Battle Subway as a chance to travel & find his family, so you have to reach a 25 win streak on any train with a team he's always in.

- When he gets to the League, he hopes the most powerful Psychic trainer, Caitlin, will know where to find other Unown, so he must solo her twice. (Even if his HP is ineffective against her pokémon. There's Toxic for that)

Enjoy, guys!

Also, I'm still looking for pokémon for my Vietnamese Crystal scramble. So far, I have Totodile, Weedle & Teddiursa (if Celever ever decides to fill in the details)

Bearded,

you can have Puncha the Ledyba. Ledyba wants to be the best possible boxer the pokemon world has ever known. It can't use any other attacking moves that don't involve punching, and may only evolve once it has solo'd 25 fighting types. Once it evolves, it becomes so confident of its ability that it must learn Swagger as soon as possible, and then once it's learned, must use it at the start of every battle.

To summerise:
-Get Ledyba called Puncha.
-No attacking moves that aren't punches.
-May only evolve once it's solo'd 25 fighting types.
-Once evolved, must learn Swagger asap, then use it at the start of every battle.

@Darkness - Go ahead!

@Dodgerr - Accepted. Though VietCrystal has a 5 letter name cap, so he'll be called "Punch" instead. (Man, fuck Ledian. this'll be tricky! :D)

Another new Chapter, nothing too exicting, I do have some intresting plotchanges in mind, not sure wich one to pick though, I'll see. There is a new party member now!

After Elena had decided to stick with Jupiter, Jupiter had given her the taks to train up her Pokémon some more. But first, Jupiter said: "You need an extra member to your team, there is a cave beneath the cycling road that contains a lot of Gible, those Pokémon are really good. But first, in order to get to the cycling road, your very first newbie mission: steal a bike!" Elena was stunned, she didn't want to steal, she therefor said: "Stealing? Can I not just buy the bike? I have money enough..." Jupiter didn't want that, though, so she said: "No my dear, you must steal it, in order to become a good and cute sl- eh.. grunt." Elena hessistated, but she knew that Jupiter wouldn't like it when she would refuse her, so she said: "Alright then, I'll do it..." She was thinking of how to not steal a bike, when Jupiter said: "That's my girl! You will become a good grunt, and together we will conquer the world! You can go now, my girl, and don't return without a bike and a Gible!" Elena walked outside, after she said: "Okay Jupiter, I'll be back."

The bike shop was down the road a bit, and Elena entered. She wasn't even thinking of stealing a bike, but she didn't know what to do... Then suddenly, she had a plan! She ran to the shopkeeper, and wispered a few things in his ear. He nodded a bit, and Elena stole a bike! The shopkeeper screamed but Elena allready ran away. When the policemen came, the shopkeeper said: "She took a bike! Go after her!" But the shopkeeper wasn't angry, as Elena had left a lot of money on the desk, while team Galactic still thougth that she had stolen it. After she had "stolen" the bike, Elena was heading for the cycling road, to catch a Gible. But, when Elena arrived in the cave specified by Jupiter, she realized that she needed to use Strength in order to catch Gible. When she was going back to Jupiter, dissapointed she couldn't catch the Gible, she found another, maybe even cooler pokémon, a Bronzor! The Bronzor used it's psychic powers to talk to Elena, it said: "MY NAME IS KWAAAAAAAIDAN, BUT JUST KWAIDAN IS FINE." Elena's head banged for a while, as the voice that Kwaidan produced in her head was very loud. Kwaidan did continue though: "I NEED SOME MORE TRAINING, ELEEEEEENA, GO TO THE CYCLING ROAD." And so Elena went to train Kwaidan a bit more.

When Elena decided that Kwaidan was strong enough, she returned to Jupiter. When she arrived Jupiter got mad at her for not capturing the Gible she asked for, Jupiter said: "I WANTED YOU TO CATCH A GIBLE, NOT A BRONZOr!" Elena didn't think that Jupiter would be this shocked, and she said: "B-but.. he is a good pokémon!" Jupiter calmed down a bit and said: "Hmm... Well, I guess it's fine, sweety, Bronzors aren't that weak." Elena was exicted, and she said: "Yes, I get to keep Kwaidan!" Suddenly, Jupiter heard someting weird in her head, it was Kwaidan: "GOOD THING YOU LET ELEEEEEEENA KEEP ME, BUT YOU DON'T SEEM LIKE A NICE TRAAAAINER." Jupiter was scared, and said: "Oh my god, what was THAT?" Elena said, with a slight blush: "Er... I guess you heard a voice in your head? That was Kwaidan..." Thinking that Jupiter would get mad at her, Elena quickly ran away, to come back after Jupiter calmed down a little. When she stepped inside again, Jupiter said: "Well, it's okay, I need you to head for Veilstone city for now. It's fine to take a break in Hearthome city though, so you can enter the contest if you wish... there are some cool pokémon there, that might be worth stealing..."

On the cycling road Elena battled a few trainers, but for her and Kwaitan it wasn't that hard. Going through Mt. Coronet, there where a few trainers aswell, and, when she came out, a random hobo that was asking for food apeared. Of course Elena refused giving him food, and she demolished him in a battle. Once in Hearthome, Elena meeted up with the gymleader, Fantina. Fantina was wearing a nice looking purple dress, and when Elena asked where she bougth that, she said: "Oh, it's an exclusive dress that someone made for me." Elena just said: "It looks nice on you!" After their little chit-chat, Elena headed into the big building that was the contest hall. In there, she even meeted up with her mother, and she gave her a dress to use with the contests, wich were obviously held in the very same hall she was in now. After seeing the beautiful dress Elena got, she got excited by the contests, and she decided that her little new partner, Kwaidan, should enter. Of course she would enter the beauty competition first, wich she won. After that she also decided that Kwaidan looked smart, so she would enter him in the smart competition, wich was won aswell. Everytime Kwaidan had to dress up, he said something around this: "I DON'T LIKE THE THINGS YOU PICKED FOR ME, CHAAAAAAANGE IT!" But Elena just responded with: "But you look cute in that, my little sweetiepie."

Team:

War (Bidoof)
Trait: Simple
Level: 24
Bashful Nature
- Hyper Fang
- Rollout
- Headbutt
- Rock Smash

Different (Monferno)
Trait: Blaze
Level: 23
Careful Nature
- Hidden Power [Dragon]
- Scratch
- Fury Swipes
- Taunt

Dingdong (Chingling)
Trait: Levitate
Level: 23
Timid Nature
- Growl
- Confusion
- Wrap
- Astonish

Kwaidan (Bronzor)
Trait: Levitate
Level: 19
- Extrasensory
- Hypnosis
- Confuse Ray
- Imprison

Well then, for you I give you, Bearded Dragonite, I give you: Fool the Smeargle.

Fool was, from his birth, a rather foolish Smeargle. It didn't like to paint, and when he did, he wasn't that good at it. When Fool grew up though, he thought about painting, and how he ruined his life by not doing it. He realized that his life had failed, and he did drugs, and on a particular trip, he saw that he could be come the best artist ever. But, Fool wasn't thát foolish to think that he could become a great artist without ever practicing, therefor he had to paint from gymleaders, as they where the best of the best models. He then needed to show of his skill and KO the pokémon he just painted. So, in short:
- Smeargle called Fool
- Every sketch it has needs to be done on a gymleader pokémon
- When he sketches a move, it needs to solo the pokémon it just sketched a move from, while using that move atleast once.

Not gonna lie Bearded, I'm feeling sorry for you right now :P
So far I've got Sewaddle and Sigilyph for my run of Black Two. Any other takers? :)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Black 2? Me like black 2!

Take support the Sunkern!
Support loves supporting, but it has ended up a bit of an obsession. As such, it may have only one attacking move. It also must know sunny day, and once it does it must also know solarbeam.
As an added challenge, solo 2 gym leader's strongest pokemon.

Celever

i am town
Espeon, I have a good idea for a seel, but I have already given you a challange. If you want to get started quick I can give you 2 challanges if you want.

Espeon, I have a good idea for a seel, but I have already given you a challange. If you want to get started quick I can give you 2 challanges if you want.
It would be nice if you could give me a Seel! I don't care if you give me two. But I already started because I knew Seel wouldn't be until late and I'd have a challange before then lol.

Also, if anyone wants to suggest a name/gender for my player I'm open to suggestions :D
A boy named Sue! (Couldn't pass up that chance), or a girl named Bruce!

C'mon, people - I'm nearly ready to go!
Got a Totodile, Weedle, Smeargle & Ledyba (and possibly a Teddiursa). Something with some bulk for a change would be nice :D)

Updating my Red Scramble. Sorry it's so short, but I don't have a lot of time for those awesome, long write-ups others do.

Currently, I am in Vermillion City, and I just defeated Lt. Surge. I caught my Rattata (Kill Joey) above Pallet Town, and he and Pyrophobia the Ivysaur have done all of my fighting. After beating Brock, Kill Joey swept almost every trainer on the way to Mt. Moon. In Cerulean, Pyrophobia easily handled Misty, and we proceeded to Nugget Bridge. My stupid rival named Evan stopped us first, and Pyrophobia beat all of his Pokemon except Charmander. My dynamic duo beat every trainer on the way to Bill's. Finally, we were able to catch a Mankey below Cerulean, but it can't KO anything, so that kinda sucks. In Vermillion, Docile was switched out constantly while Kill Joey and Pyrophobia beat every trainer on the SS Anne and that eastern route. Evan was no problem because Kill Joey could almost one-shot all of his Pokemon. After getting Cut, we moved onto the Vermillion Gym, where Kill Joey destroyed the 'lectrifying lieutenant. Now the gang is just chilling in the Pokemon Center, waiting to move on to Rock Tunnel where our next friend will be found.

Pyrophobia lvl. 26
-Cut
-Poisonpowder
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip

Pyrophobia is pretty solid. All the Water types get wrecked by Vine Whip, and everything else dies to that+Tackle. Poisonpowder and Leech Seed give good residual damage. My only problem with it is that it is pretty slow, but that's no big deal really. Once I have Toxic and Razor Leaf, this thing will be broken. I cannot wait for that.

Kill Joey lvl. 27
-Tackle
-Hyper Fang
-Quick Attack
-Water Gun

The star of the team. Hyper Fang is too good to get at level 14. Water Gun helps against Rock/Ground types that resist my Normal moves. The priority is nice, and I am just waiting for Super Fang to replace Tackle. Eventually, I'll probably give it Bubblebeam over Water Gun. His worst fights were the Rocket in Mt. Moon ( his Raticate almost beat me), and the Lass with Jigglypuff on the way to Mt. Moon (we lost the first time, it missed Sing in the re-match, and we also got a timely crit!).

Docile lvl. 18
-Scratch
-Leer
-Mega Punch
-Karate Chop

Right now it can't KO things, so I never use it in battle. Just send it in, then switch it out. Once I get to Celadon, that'll be over, and I can finally kill. I have complete faith in it being awesome once that happens.

Alright - This is unfortunate, but it seems we have a Starter conflict.
Since Popeye reserved Totodile first (5:28pm my time when I checked), "Adict" the CROC is accepted!

Blob, to make up for it, you have the first reserve for the rest of my party.

Also, to everyone, I would also like someone to request a Beedrill, or a pre-evo, since its name is FORK in VC, and that's hilarious to me.
Oh jesus, I just discovered this.

Alright, change DICKS to a Magikarp. With similar restrictions. :3 Solo a gym, and you must have your final moveset consist of three moves 100+ BP and Hyper Beam.

Usable Moves:
Splash
Tackle
Thrash
Bite
Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Headbutt
Zap Cannon
Blizzard
Thunder
Fire Blast
Surf
Strength
Waterfall

Celever

i am town
Bearded Dragonite take status the teddiursa.

As you should know, ursaring are extremely good status sweepers in NU (at least when I use them :P ) so this teddiursa wants to portray it. Of course, Status needs to be status'd in order to sweep, so every time a pokemon uses a move that has even a chance to inflict status Status wants to switch in there.
If it gets burned then it may only use physical moves, and it can't switch out if it gets status condition as it would be giving up a rare opportunity to sweep.
Also the teddiursa cannot have guts!

Espeon, take cloned the dewgong

Dewgong was one of those pokemon cloned in the very first pokemon movie, so it has resigned to a life of natural beauty.
Dewgong as such must always hold a berry, and it refuses to have man made items (potions, revives, ethers etc.) used on it. It also hates being confined in a pokeball, so it must be out of the party all the time between battles, you can switch it around about 5 steps before a battle.
Dewgong also hates mewtwo, and ditto are practically baby mewtwos (well, failed mewtwos) so Dewgong must solo 10 of them. Also if you defeat mewtwo have Dewgong solo it.

Enjoy you two!

Alright - The journey through the post-apocalyptic setting that is Vietnamese Johto can now begin!
Here are the ELFs I'll be using...

From Popeye the Sailor Man - Adict the CROC (Totodile)
Bearded Dragonite, you will become the coach for Addict (can you even nickname in that game? Yes :P) the Water Elf Little Crocodile. It turns out all of the Sunstons (Berres) in Johto contain meth, and addict can't get enough of it. Addict must always hold Sunston, and if Addict is not holding Sunston, it must use Yuja (Rage). It can never forget Yuja, and can only use Yuja when not holding Sunston because the meth usually keeps Addict from getting too upset. If Addict uses Yuja against a Trainer-owned Ghost type, it will realize it has a problem with drugs, and will overcome its addiction, swearing off Sunston and all other Drugs forever. Yuja must also be forgotten if Addict overcomes addiction.

Basically:
-Get Totodile
-Must always hold Berry
-If not holding Berry, has to use Rage
- Can only use Rage when not holding Berry
-If it uses Rage against a Ghost, it will no longer have to hold berries.
-If that happens, no healing item can ever be used on it again.

Go away! Have fun!

From Espeon65 - Fork the BIDE (Weedle) Soon to be a FORK!!! (Beedrill)
Take FORK the Weedle. Since forks are (sorta) sharp, he may only learn moves involving stabbing or sharp things (list below). He must solo a gym leader, your rival once, and 2 E4 pokes.

Stabbing/Sharp Moves:
Poison Sting
Fury Attack
Twineedle
Pin Missile
Fury Cutter
Cut

If there are any other moves that he can learn that you think might count, just PM/VM me.

In short:
FORK the Beedrill
Only "sharp" moves
Solo 1 gym leader, 1 rival battle, and 2 E4 pokes

From Dodgerr - Punch the NUXI (Ledyba)
Bearded, you can have Puncha the Ledyba. Ledyba wants to be the best possible boxer the pokemon world has ever known. It can't use any other attacking moves that don't involve punching, and may only evolve once it has solo'd 25 fighting types. Once it evolves, it becomes so confident of its ability that it must learn Swagger as soon as possible, and then once it's learned, must use it at the start of every battle.

To summarise:
-Get Ledyba called Puncha.
-No attacking moves that aren't punches.
-May only evolve once it's solo'd 25 fighting types.
-Once evolved, must learn Swagger asap, then use it at the start of every battle.

From Darknesscrusher - Fool the DEFU (Smeargle)
Fool was, from his birth, a rather foolish Smeargle. It didn't like to paint, and when he did, he wasn't that good at it. When Fool grew up though, he thought about painting, and how he ruined his life by not doing it. He realized that his life had failed, and he did drugs, and on a particular trip, he saw that he could be come the best artist ever. But, Fool wasn't thát foolish to think that he could become a great artist without ever practicing, therefor he had to paint from gymleaders, as they where the best of the best models. He then needed to show of his skill and KO the pokémon he just painted. So, in short:
- Smeargle called Fool
- Every sketch it has needs to be done on a gymleader pokémon
- When he sketches a move, it needs to solo the pokémon it just sketched a move from, while using that move atleast once
I have a feeling you'll be on my Hit List after this, Darkness! :P

From inanimate blob - Dicks the CARP (Magikarp)
Bearded Dragonite Take DICKS the Magikarp. DICKS was created by a young Vietnamese boy, who discovered that dicks is a funny, profane word in the English language. But somehow, DICKS seems to have ended up on your ROM! As such, DICKS still believes it is owned by the young Vietnamese boy, and may only use moves that a little kid playing Pokémon would teach it.
Solo a gym, and you must have your final moveset consist of three moves 100+ BP and Hyper Beam.

Usable Moves:
Splash
Tackle
Thrash
Bite
Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Headbutt
Zap Cannon
Blizzard
Thunder
Fire Blast
Surf
Strength
Waterfall

From celever - Stats the BEAR (Teddiursa)
Bearded Dragonite take status the teddiursa.

As you should know, ursaring are extremely good status sweepers in NU (at least when I use them :P) so this teddiursa wants to portray it. Of course, Status needs to be status'd in order to sweep, so every time a pokemon uses a move that has even a chance to inflict status Status wants to switch in there.
If it gets burned then it may only use physical moves, and it can't switch out if it gets status condition as it would be giving up a rare opportunity to sweep.
Also the teddiursa cannot have Guts! Indeed he can't. This is Gen 2 :P

And now, the story itself...

Chapter 1: SLEEP OVER! GO TO THE ELF’S WORLD!
It must have been around 9am when JB’s radio alarm clock filled the morning silence...
“THIS IS THE ELF’S CHANNEL. THE OTHER SIDE IS DJ WALNUT!”
JB awoke with a groan, and switched it off before the drivel could continue. It seemed that even 2 years after he left Unova, he still wasn’t fully tolerant of this region’s “dialect.” He knew complaining wouldn’t help, though. It wasn’t their fault. Hell, it was pretty much the reason JB came here to begin with! Still, he knew what the conditions were like here just a few years ago, and with that in mind, the speed of Johto’s recovery had far exceeded everyone’s expectations! Even Mother had taken a turn for the better…

As his thoughts continued to drift, a beep from his PC brought him back to the present. “Hm. I’ve got Mail. Let’s see what this is all about…” The e-mail was from Dr. Wusiji – The resident Professor. It read as follows…
“ELFS, HERE ARE CALLED MONSTER. THEY EXISTED EVERYWHERE…… THEY PLAY FRIENDLY HELP EACH OTHER LIVE WITH PEOPLE. BUT WE DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM ENTIRELY THERE ARE MANY SECRETS TO KNOW THESE RIDDLES. MR. JB, YOUR STORY WILL START FROM NOW AT ONCE. FOR THE FUTURE YOU WILL MEET MANY TRIALS AND HARDSHIPS, BITTER AND SWEET TO EXPLORE THE DREAMS. GO TO THE MONSTER'S WORLD. START. SEE YOU LATER.”
Surprisingly, he knew exactly what this related to. Since the woman he’d been been assigned to by the “Companions from Castelia” volunteers’ firm was finally in a condition stable enough to be left on her own, JB figured he should spread his efforts to help the rest of the region. He concluded that the best way to travel Johto was as a Pokemon Trainer, so he applied for the position as Wusiji’s field intern, which he’d just been been accepted for! With a more carefree attitude than he’d embodied in almost too long, he shot off down the stairs!

Waiting in the living room for him, as expected, was Mother. JB called her that because she never married or had kids of her own, so it seemed to make her happy. After all, anything was better than the usual way people make themselves happy around here these days...
“AH, JB. THE ADJOINING DR. WU FOUND YOU AND WANT YOU TO DO SOMETHING.” She said gleefully.
“I know, Mother. I just read his message! … But are you absolutely sure you’ll be alright on your own?”
“THE REPAIRED ELF'S GEAR IS TAKEN, I KNOW IT.” She said, not seeming to have heard his question, and handed him a package. Sure enough, it was the “Elf’s Gear,” Wusiji promised to his intern in the application.
Mother continued. “THE ELF'S GEAR IS OMITED XIUCI AND WILL NOT BE AN INDEPEND COACH, WITHOUT IT… YES, DIDN'T WRITE THE WEEK! WROTE IT BEFORE LONG. WHAT IS TODAY?”
“Lemme check.” JB replied, as he flicked through the time settings of his strange new device and programmed in the one with the closest resemblance to this day of the week, TUSDAY. “OK, got it.”
Mother spoke again. “REMEMBER HOW TO USE PHONE? INSERT THE PIN OF XIUCI, SELECT THE HOLY FIGURE, OK? TEL NO. CAN BE LOG ON AUTOMATICLY IF MAKE CALL. SO SIMPLY, VERY GOOD.”
… JB was always a rather intuitive boy, so 2 years of similar nonsensical ramblings had taught him to pretty much get the gist of what she was saying, so he smiled & nodded. Finally, he took the lunch prepared for him (A bag of his mother’s signature dish, “VOLCANO BAKEMEAT.”) and stepped out into the village beyond. A place that had come to be known as “RUOYE TOWN.”

Upon seeing him, one of the neighbours shouted over, "YO!JB! I HEAR WUSIJI DR. FOUND NEW MONSTER!" JB knew he meant the "monster" Dr. Wusiji was about to give to him, so his excitement grew! Just as he was about to enter the Lab, however, he noticed a shady-looking character, about his own age, staring into the window. He leaned in closer, hoping to hear what he was saying...
"THE FAMOUS WUSIJI MONSTER GRADUATE SCHOOL." At that point, the must have noticed JB, as he turned around & kicked him away with an amount of force that just shouldn't be humanly possible. "WHAT DON'T STARE ME ALWAYS!" he shouted, and continued spying. JB decided to just forget about it & enter the Lab to begin his pokemon journey...

Chapter 2: SPIRY TECHNIQUE!! – The Tragic Fall of Johto
Upon entering the Lab, Wusiji immediately waved JB over. “MR. JB, I AM WAITING FOR YOU. I CALL YOU TODAY FOR SOMETHING TO REQUEST YOU.”
“About me being a Pokemon Traine—uh, Elf… Coach. right?
The Doc looked confused for a moment, but then nodded. “NOW I AM MAKING A NEW RESEARCH INTO ELF,WISH YOU TO COOPERATE. IN FACT, I AM WRITING ITS DATA TO PUBLISH IN ACADEMY, AND SOMETHING TO KNOW FOR A LONG TIME, I THINK, CAN YOU LOOK AFTER THE ELF GRASPED LATELY FOR ME?”
“Of course I will!” JB shouted excitedly!
“MR. JB THANKS, THIS HELP MY BUSINESS. IF THIS RESEARCH IS PUBLISHED, WE’LL MAKE MORE PROGRESS TO UNCOVER THE FAN OF ELF. WAIT TO SEE.”

With that, Wusiji directed JB’s attention to the 3 MONSTER BASINS on his desk. JB picked up the leftmost one & released the creature inside – A pretty cool looking rodent with flames blazing from its back!
“DO YOU CHANGED FIRED ELF INTO “A BIG WIND OF FIRE?””
JB thought it looked pretty damn cool, but he wanted to see the others before making a decision, so he shook his head.
“THINK SLOWLY AND DECIDE.” Dr. Wu said reassuringly.
JB’s attention was then drawn to the rightmost one, which he opened to reveal what resembled a quadrupedal bean with a leaf growing from its head. It wasn’t bad, but he wasn’t quite as impressed by this one.
“GRASS ELF QIGE LEADER MAY LIKE!?”
“… Wait, what? Who’s the… NO!” JB had no idea what kind of crazy cult leaders this grass bean was affiliated with, and had no desire to find out! So he opened the BASIN in the middle… And was nearly brought to tears…

The blue crocodile inside had a demented look in his eye which JB had become all too familiar with. His bloodshot red eyes blinked furiously as he jumped up & down rapidly. He was holding a lone Berry, which he would stare at & sniff every few moments, before letting out a disgusting, perverse cry of pleasure, rather akin to the one JB had heard Mother constantly make during the first few weeks of his voluntary work…
“Those… Damn Berries…” He muttered under his breath, as a single solitary tear escaped his eye. And who could blame him? Those Berries were the cause of the terrible dementia which brought Johto to ruin!
Nobody found out why, or who was responsible, but around 10 years ago, a deadly, yet highly addictive strain of poison was released into the ecosystem. First, it infected the region’s crops, effectively poisoning their entire supply of both food and medicine, and before long, it spread to the water supply! Within months, every person and pokemon alike had lost themselves in the madness, with bloodshed & utter destruction becoming a part of everyday life…
However, organisations around the world, including Companions from Castelia, allocated considerable time & resources to rebuilding this destroyed land, and eventually, Johto began to resemble civilisation again! There was still a long way to go, though, as many still suffered from both addiction and withdrawal, and the hereditary braindamage caused by the drug remains incurable!

When JB regained control of his thoughts, he decided that he would take this poor Croc & help him overcome his addiction, while doing everything in his power to find & punish those responsible!
“WATER ELF LITTLE CROCODILE WILL DO!”
“Yes, Dr. Wu…”
“I THINK IT’S THE BEST… AH! IT’S SO. I HAVE A FRIEND CALLED ELF GRANDFATHER, HE FOUND A VERY STRANGE THING. IT’S A BIG FIND SPREADED GREATLY, NOW HE SEND A MAIL WROTE “THIS IS TURE, CERTAINLY, WE ALL CARE THE MATTER BUT I AND MY HELPER ARE BUSY FOR THE RESEARCH AWFULLY I FEEL SHY, DO YOU SEE IT FOR ME?”
“No problem, Doc.” JB replied. “Where can I find him?”
“ELF GRANDFATHER LIVES IN FRONT OF JIEYE CITY, A FORTHRIGHT LEADS HERE. EASY TO UNDERSTAND.”
… JB had to use all of his self-control not to laugh at the sheer irony of those last 3 words.
“I TELL YOU MY TELL NO. BEFORE IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING, GIVE ME A RING.”
He input Dr. Wu’s number into the Elf Gear, and proceeded to leave. At that moment, one of the Aides pulled him to one side, slipped a small bottle into his pocket and said, “MR. JB! I GIVE YOU THIS FOR I TRUST YOU. BELIEVED YOU WILL USE IT!
The bottles inscription read “ DRUG: POWER RENEW 20P.” JB looked at it & sighed. “Guess my pokemon will need a lot of these…” he thought, as he headed onto the fields of R29 in a daze…

His daydreaming was interrupted by someone calling him over. “MONSTERS HIDED IN CAOCUN. WE DON’T KNOW WHEN THEY FLY OUT. DON’T I TEACH YOU THE MEANS TO CATCH IT?”
JB had seen many How-To videos on Pokemon Training back home, so he declined the offer.
“YES?AS SUCH, IT WILL DO. IF THE MONSTER YOU WANT APPEARS, LEARN BY HEART TO ROTATE LIKE BELL.”
With that, JB walked briskly away. After a few seconds, his first wild pokemon ambushed him! This rodent looked somewhat like a rounded kite, with a ring on its stomach. At that moment, the Elf Gear displayed the message, “WILD OUD JUMP OUT.”
“GO AWAY!” JB shouted, as he sent out the Adict, still holding his Berry.
He commanded the Croc to attack! “SCRAAH!” he shouted, as he slashed the rodent full-force with his claws. Oud retaliated with a tackling attack the Elf Gear called “PRIZE,” but it did pitiful damage. One more attack, and Adict won his first “battle!”

“… These people call a pokemon OUD?! Seriously?!” JB shouted, once again walking along the road in a dreamlike state. It didn’t take long for another battle to kick off! This time, however, JB recognised the purple rat pokemon from the sewers back home. “A Rattata!” he remembered. "Maybe the Elf Gear will actually know this guy!"
… “WILD CAML JUMP OUT”
“WHAT THE FUCK?! … *sigh* Whatever. Go Adict!” And with another round of SCRAAHing & PRIZEing, Adict scored another easy kill.
A few more battles were conducted on this route, with Adict becoming noticeably stronger. However, while battling a Pidgey (or a LAP, according to the Elf Gear), the weak attacks eventually taken their toll, causing Adict to frantically consume his Berry… And once he noticed his Berry was gone, Adict snapped! “YUUU-JAAAAAAA!” He screeched, launching himself full-force towards the poor Pidgey, knocking it clean out. JB hurriedly withdrew Adict & checked for life signs… “Phew! Still breathing. But he won’t be getting back up for a long time…”
JB was completely dumbfounded by this turn of events. He needed to think… He didn’t like it, but he knew the power of Adict’s rage would clear the path to the Elf Grandfather’s house in a heartbeat, so he elected not to calm him down for now, and head for the next town, “JIYE CITY – A CITY WITH FLOWER FRAGRANCE.”

No sooner had he arrived than a weird old man had grabbed him & started showing him around town. After showing him around the MONSTER CENTRE, where injured Elfs will GET BACK AT ONCE, and the FRIEND’S STORE, which sold many useful items such as THE BASIN TO GRASP MONSTER, The old man brought JB back to his house… And gave him a map of the region. “Thank God!” he thought.
He remembered Dr. Wu saying that Grandfather’s house lay North (apparently on the path of WANDAOLU), so that’s where JB went, taking advantage of Adict’s withdrawal symptoms to steamroll the path clear of wild LAPs, CAMLs, and PEDALs (which he remembered are Caterpies) alike, until he finally reached an isolated house. Which is always the correct destination, right?

Sure enough, a strange, yet dapper fellow was waiting for him. “AH!AH. YOU ARE MR. JB, WUSIJI DR. CALLS HE IS WAITING FOR YOU. LET WU DR. INVESTIGATE THE THING.” And with that, he handed JB a MAGICAL EGG, which he hoped with all his heart wasn’t more drugs!
Grandfather continued: “A COUPLE IS BREEDING THE GRASPED MONSTERS, THAT IS THEM. ANYWAY, OUJIDE DR. ACCEPTS THIS POINT.” He said, directing JB to a white spiky-haired man in a just-as-white coat. This was probably Dr. Oujide.
“IF MY DREAM IS TRUE, WU DR. KNOWS IT.” Oujide stated. “YOU ARE MR. JB. I AM OUJIDE TO STUDY THE MONSTER.”
So, your names are adjectives now? … Alright, cool… JB thought. The speech pattern this recovering region has developed is getting stranger by the minute!
“I ASKED MY OLD FRIEND, MONSTER GRANDFATHER. HE SAYS THERE IS A CORTEGE COMES FROM MR.WUSIJI, SO I AM WAITING.”
“Yeah, that’d be me... Uh, he gave me this.” He said, releasing Adict, and fearing for the old man’s life. Oujide examined him for a second. “OH,YOU TAKE A SCARCE MONSTER, AND WITH REASON,THIS IS THE REASON WHY MR.WUSIJI REQUEST YOU! I CAN ACCEPT THE REASON. I AND WUSIJI ARE THE SAME RESEARCHER, WE THINK THE MONSTER IS OUR IMPORTANT FRIEND, IF IT’S YOU, YOU MUST LOOK AFTER THEM WELL.”
“I guess.” JB replied, hoping neither Adict nor Oujide could smell the Berry (or rather, SUNSTON) he picked from a tree earlier…
“YES. I SEE YOU AND WANT TO REQUEST YOU A THING. IN FACT,YOU LOOK THE ILLUSTRATED HANDBOOK, IT USES SPIRY TECHNIQUE TO AUTOMATICLYRECORD THE DATA OF GRASPED MONSTERS.”

Oujide handed JB a device which looked like something else he’d seen Trainers back in Unova carrying. A Pokedex, he thought it was called. He looked up the entries he had so far, hoping to see some correct Pokemon names… Nope! Still CROCs, CAMLs & OUDs!
“NOW I WILL GO BACK TO XIAOJIN CITY, TO MAKE RADIO PROGRAMS, BYE MR. JB, REQUEST YOU!” Oujide waved goodbye as he left, and Elf Grandfather let JB & Adict rest up for a bit before they left. They were woken up by JB’s Elf Gear. It was a call from Dr. Wu! “HELLO!MR. JB? WHAT IS THIS? IT TOO BAD GO BACK SOON!” … JB wasn’t sure what to make of that – Only that it couldn’t be good! He ran back in the direction of the Lab at full speed!

Team Summary:

ADICT the CROC (Totodile)
Lv7
Male
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)

Rage has certainly been kicking more ass than expected. I felt guilty not giving him another Berry this chapter, but they will have to be conserved

Chapter 3: YOU HAD GAINED MONATERS FROM GRADUATE SCHOOL?! – Allies for Adict
JB and Adict sprinted back to Jiye City. They had only just caught their breath when they spotted someone running towards them at full speed. When he drew closer, JB recognised him. It was the red-haired guy who kicked him outside the Lab! After seeing Adict, he stopped & eyed JB in a confrontational manner.
“YOU HAD GAINED MONATERS FROM GRADUATE SCHOOL?!” He shouted, right in JB’s face.
“… Monaters?”
“BUT YOU ARE SO WEAK, IT’S A GREAT PITY.”
“Mon...aters?”
“WHAT. WHAT DO YOU SAY ME?.”
“… Mon… a… ters? With an A?!”
“YOU DON’T KNOW, THERE IS NOTHING TO DO.”
JB couldn’t maintain a serious face anymore. He laughed harder than he had ever done since coming to Johto! This infuriated the mysterious man even more (if that was possible).
“I HAVE GOOD MONSTER,WHAT’S THE MATTER I TELL YOU”
“Now you get it right? … Ah, what the Hell. Bring it on, Booker Prize!”

“QIAOK, START!” Monater-Boy sent out a Grass pokemon that looked awfully familiar… “FUCK!” JB shouted! “That’s Dr. Wusiji’s pokemon! You stole it?!”
The challenger ignored JB & ordered Qiaok to use BITE! Contrary to JB’s expectations, the bean let out a cutesy growl that, if anything, only caught Adict off guard for a moment.
“You can shake that off, Adict. YUJA!” The attack was a clean hit. It did moderate damage, despite the “biting.”
Next turn played out in the exact same way. YUJA followed by BITE.
The turn after, Qiaok finally attacked with PRIZE, which only agitated Adict as he shook it off & struck back harder than ever. Qiaok looked absolutely exhausted…
“Alright, Adict! We’ve got this! One more time!”
Adict, full of fury as ever, delivered the finishing blow! Qiaok fainted! “ARE YOU GLAD AFTER WINNING?” remarked the thief.
“Yep! Now give back that “Monater” you stole!”
He shook his head & continued to rant at JB. “I AM… I AM A MONSTER COACH, THE FIRST MANKIND ALL OVER THE WORLD.” With that. He was gone. JB pondered his next move.
“Well, I have the feeling this is what Dr. Wu called me about, but I should still go give him this Egg. And at least I won my first Trainer battle. But man… That guy, honestly! Whatever the drug here actually is, he’s been hittin’ it harder than anyone! … Hehe. Monaters…”

He proceeded to go back to Ruoye, which was a relatively trouble-free trip thanks to a ledge he’d found, allowing him to complete his journey “WITHOUT CAOCUN.” He just wished he could go back that way, too… Once he arrived, sure enough, the Lab had several broken windows, and only one Elf was left on Wusiji’s desk. A policeman, who had stopped by after the accident was reported, questioned JB.
“AS IF THE ELF IN THIS GRADUATE SCHOOL IS STOLEN, IS HEARD FROM WU DR. IT’S THE YOUTH TO DO WITH RED AND LONG HAIRS REALLY, FIGHT WITH THE COACH LIKE HELL? DON’T SAY YOUR NAME?”
JB assumed it was the suspect’s name he wanted, as opposed to his. “His name is, ummm…” Crap! He realised the Qiaok thief forgot to introduce himself. Then again, that would have been stupid, even by his standards. He decided to make up a name for this crook befitting his unique personality… “METH.”
“I SEE, ONLY THESE THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.” The policeman then left, either to further the investigation or check out a diner somewhere. JB was never sure which.

JB turned back to Dr. Wusiji, and handed him the Magical Egg. This instantly pulled him out of his depression. He staggered back, and thought “MAYBE THIS IS ELF’S EGG? IF IT’S TRUE, IT WILL BE A GREAT FINDING!” He then noticed the small red box in JB’s pocket.
“EN?GAIN THE ILLUSTRATED HANDBOOK FROM DR. OUJIDUO? MR. JB IT’S TRUE?A MARVELOUS THING, WHAT DO YOU SAY? DR OU CAN KNOW THE COACH’S ABILITY CANN’T HE?”
“Well, I did want to travel to become a Trainer, so what the Hell. I’ll catch em all, from Lap to Pedal!”
“YOU MAY HAVE THE ABILITY AND DIATHESIS TO BE A CHAMPION.”
A Pokemon League Champion?! JB’s ego could not handle much more stroking. “Tell me more, Doc…
”ELFS IS CLOSE TO YOU. I THINK YOU MAY CHALLENGE OTHERS. THIS SIDE IS NEAR TO GUIXIANG GYMNASIUM. MR. JB, BEFORE YOU BECOME A CHAMPION, YOU SHOULD SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR MOTHER.”
Dr. Wu had a point. After all, this may be the last time he’d see her again in God knows how long… So off he went to see her… before he was stopped by the creepy guy who gave him Drugs before.
“MR. JB! I GIVE YOU THIS FOR YOU’LL MAKE THE ILLUSTRATRED ICON.” Then he handed JB 5 HUGEBALLs, which he assumed were Monster Basins.

After settling down at home to another helping of VOLCANO BAKEMEAT, JB told Mother what Dr. Oujide & Dr. Wu asked him to do. She seemed happy, but still showed concern. “WHAT CAN I DO? WELL I HELP YOU TO KEEP MONEY YOU SHOULD GO OUT FOR A LONG IT’S NOT RIGHT TO SAVE THE MONEY TO KEEP THE MONEY?”
JB thought that letting her save a small amount of his money would be useful should the worst happen while he’s away, so he agreed.
“BE CARE OF GOOD FRIEND TRY HARD TOGETHER BE CAREFUL OF GOING.”
And with that, the journey truly began!

JB headed back to Jiye City & headed up the path of WANDAOLU again, to see what wild Elfs would make worthy partners for his Croc. However, given the delicate nature of pokemon catching, he decided it’d be best to calm Adict down, so he took out a SUNSTON from his bag & gave it to him. He mellowed out after the first sniff…

After a few more Laps & Camls, JB finally spotted a pokemon of interest. It resembles a black & red bug, with six arms. “Heh. This guy could be a real hard hitter! What does the Illustrated Handbook say?”
“WILD NUXI JUMP OUT.”
“Nuxi, eh? Adict, SCRAAH!”
Despite it being Adict’s weakest move, Nuxi could barely stand afterwards…
“Oh, boy, this isn’t gonna work... Just attack him again. We’ll try for another one.” And with that, Nuxi fainted. However, much to JB’s surprise, only two more battles were needed for another Nuxi to jump out!
“All right! Let’s try this again! Adict, SCRAAH!”
Adict attacked, and this time Nuxi took the hit much better! It retaliated with PRIZE, but Adict was strong enough to handle it. JB knew this was the one to catch!
“JB HUGEBALL USED … 1, 2, 3… SUCCESS. NUXI CAUGHT!” JB jumped for joy!

Now, JB noticed something different about this Nuxi. When it used Prize, it did so with its arms fully extended, unlike the last one. Almost like it wanted to punch Adict, but didn’t know how to yet… So, JB named him Punch, and decided he’d travel with them to learn how to punch. He’s got 6 damn arms, after all!

To heal Punch’s injuries, JB headed into the MONSTER CENTER and spoke to the Nurse…
“HELLO THE MONSTER CENTER! MONSTER STRENGTH IS RECOVERING LET YOUR MONSTER HANE A REST?”
“HANE… a rest?” But JB didn’t have time to focus on that. “Yes please.”
“THEN GIVE ME IT FIRST.” … And in a few seconds, Adict and Punch were good as new!
“WAITING YOU FOR A LONG TIME THESE MONSTERS YOU HANDED ME ARE ALL RENEW. COME AGAIN PLEASE.”
Afterwards, JB put Punch out in front, to bring him closer to Adict’s level of strength. After only a few fights, another strange new pokemon, a wild BIDE, jumped out.
This looked similar to a PEDAL, but it was orange, and had a stinger positioned like a horn on its head. However, it appeared to be slightly chipped, in such a way as it resembled the prongs of a fork…
JB sent out Punch to Prize it into capture range, however after doing so, one of the worm’s attacks appeared to have Poisoned him. JB thought it’d be best to throw a ball ASAP… 1, 2, 3 … POP!
the words “REGRET. ALMOST.” Popped up on the Elf Gear, with no obvious purpose other than to taunt JB, who was having none of it.
He switched out to Adict, who was hit with a different attack. One involving a kind of string Bide had produced. He looked at the Elf Gear... “BIDE HEMP AH!
“Hemp? HEMP?! That’s it, I’m catchin’ this thing for sure!” JB said in a… let’s say half-joking manner.
“HUGEBALL USED, 1, 2, 3… SUCCESS. BIDE CAUGHT!”
JB elected to name his new friend Fork, after her chipped stinger. He thought he’d better train up both her and Punch, since that Poison could come in handy later!

The new team ventured further north, where there were a string of weak-looking Elf Coaches, all with literally only Camls & Pedals (and maybe one Bide). The only real problem was when Fork had to start a battle with rather low energy. However, her determination to keep stinging her foes no matter what (which unfortunately meant no Hemp) paid off, because she scored two direct hits on the enemy Pedal’s weak points, securing her the win and bringing her strength back up on par with Punch’s.

Also, the Elf Gear displayed an annoyingly cryptic message, “ELF? AS FORK!” JB was about to deem it a malfunction when Fork started glowing! Her formerly squishy body became encased with hard, yellow scales, and she lost her stinger. “CONGRAT! FORK ENVOLVE KEYU” In addition to this transformation, she gained a new move called HATE (yet she still only sticks to her stinging attacks…)
nevertheless, JB was more confident in his team than ever, so he pressed on to the next city, finding a DRUG along the way! At the gate to GUIXANG CITY, the guard stopped him & said “DID YOU VISIT THE MADAPO TOWER.”

He didn’t, but he sure wanted to check it out!

Team Summary:

Lv9
Male
Item: SUNSTON (Berry)
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)

Still the strongest member, of course, but he took a backseat this chapter to allow the Bugs to catch him up. Also, he's finally calmed down.

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv7
Male
- PRIZE (Tackle)

I'll admit it - I'm really not looking forward to having to rely on something from the Ledyba line for anything! But maybe he'll surprise me...

FORK the KEYU (Kakuna)
Lv7
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- HEMP (String Shot)
- HATE (Harden)

A Kakuna that isn't allowed to Harden will be a pain, but in 3 levels, she'll embrace her destiny & become a FORK! Stabbing lots of things! :D

Chapter 4: MISSILE BOMB and the LIBYAN RELIC
JB spent most of the afternoon in what he could only assume was a school for Elf Coaches. He was abducted & brought there by a man claiming to be the teacher (who JB was convinced must want to be a ballerina!) and given tips which were “GOOD FOR STUDY THERE.” He was taught (he thinks) about how a party of Elfs is arranged, and about switch-out training, where you let a weaker Elf “ONLY SHOW ITS FACE ONCE” before withdrawing it to split the Experience. This was actually pretty useful advice!
The next stop was the Guixang Monster Centre, where one gentleman appeared to have inside information on a large crime syndicate:
”THIS WAS THE THING YEARS AGO. THE GROUP OF MISSILE BOMB MADE USE OF MONSTERS TO DO EVILS. BUT HE WHO IS UNJUST IS DOOMED TO DESTRUCTION. A YOUTH’S ACTION DISBANDED THEM.”
JB had heard of similar exploits in various History Documentaries, and it was always the same story – A child Trainer was somehow able to both defeat the boss of a region-wide crime syndicate in a pokemon battle, and convince them to disband! He wondered how different Johto would be today had they such a remarkable child…
Still – Missile Bomb! Maybe they were the ones behind the drug infestation! Hopefully he’d find out later…

Madapo Tower was still to be checked out, though, so JB made his way there, before being stopped by a young woman who claimed to know rumours about the Tower. He thought she was cute, so he decided to listen:
”ITS HEARSAY THAT GHOST APPEARED IN BAIMING TOWER AT NIGHT. AND IT WAS INVALID FOR MONSTERS USING COMMON STUNT.”
He wasn’t sure she was talking about the same tower at first, but there was only one ominous, looming tower in town! Now, JB liked Ghosts, but he was pretty sure that none of the team’s attacks could damage them should he run into one. So he headed south of Guixang to train them up! However, when he ventured too far south, he was stopped by someone looking a bit more demented than the rest of the locals…
”YES! THE GHOST SPPIRIT COMES!!” He bellowed, pushing JB back. “HASN’T HE GONE ELF GYMNASIUM? THERE I AND ELF CAN TAKE EXCERCISES THE COACH’S COMMON SENSE,GO HERE!”
… There was no way to possibly know what was going on, but he knew he wasn’t getting past this lunatic without a Gym Badge, so he changed course again. To the west, his attention was drawn by what resembled a large tomb. The sign out front said “LIBYAN RELIC.” Not sure whether to expect undiscovered Elfs or the remains of a deceased dictator, JB passed through the gate.

The first oddity JB noticed here was a house. A Goddamn house! This was his first stop, as he wanted to see just who the Hell would live here! Inside were 2 Scientists who appeared to be a primitive research team. When he addressed one of them, he gave the response, “THE RELIC BUILT 150 YEARS AGO BUT, WHO WERE THEM WHAT DID IT MEANS! WE DON’T KNOW YET.”
His colleague was (slightly) more helpful.
”THE WALL IS THE KEY TO THE RIDDLE OF RELIC. YOU THINK SO.”
JB knew this meant something, but had no idea what, so he went through the Northern entrance to the Relic, to find a woman resembling an air hostess, of all things! He couldn’t possibly speculate on why an air hostess would be here, so he struck up a “conversation.”
”WELCOME TO RELIC SMALL HOUSE!” She said. “THERE ARE THE APPEARANCE OF MONSTERS DRAWN REMOTE TIME AGO. MOVE IT TO LOOK PLEASE! REPUTEDLY IN THE RIGHT IT IS THE EXPANATION ABOUT THE MONSTER. AND THERE IS THE APPEARANCE FOUND.LATELY INSIDETHE RESEARCHER IS INVESTIGATING!”
This cleared absolutely nothing up about her presence, but JB figured it meant he should look at the strange tiles in the middle of the floor. He walked over to them, when he saw some odd hieroglyphs on the back wall. They seemed to resemble English letters, but each one had a large eye! JB read them. “ANANUKE…”
”Well! Unless the ancients who lived here somehow had access to atomic explosives, that meant nothing! Now, back to the floor tiles!”
The cluster of tiles in the middle appeared to be moveable, so he did just that. Eventually, they began to resemble a creature. An extinct pokemon JB had heard of called Kabuto (though he wondered what the eloquent citizens of Johto would call it!) When the puzzle was solved, the floor below JB disappeared, and he fell into the depths of the Relic!

Luckily, he landed on his feet, so he wasn’t badly hurt. The room he was in appeared to be a shrine, but to what? The only lead he had were the hieroglyphs on the walls. He looked around. “Woah, that fall must’ve done more damage than I thought. For a second, I could’ve sworn some of those hieroglyphs started moving…” He shook his head, and moved on, when he felt another presence behind him!
Turning around, he spotted a moving hieroglyph! More specifically, a moving letter I. The Elf Gear read “WILD ANNAN JUMP OUT!” Seems it wasn’t a hallucination after all…
He sent out Fork to weaken the Annan, and she did, despite the new (and rather worrying) attack it used called “SUCID.” 2 HUGEBALLs later, Annan was caught!
JB eyed the Basin containing the new pokemon (nicknamed “I,” obviously.), when another Annan jumped out. This one resembling the letter J. “Holy crap!” JB thought. “There must be an Annan for every letter! This could take a while…” So, Fork poisoned & weakened the SUCIDal Annan, and JB caught it, naming it “J.” He was running low on Balls, so he decided his Annan Collection would have to wait. Using a nearby ladder, he headed back to the surface, then back to Guixang.

He remembered that PCs had a storage feature, so he went to the PC in the Monster Centre to deposit his ANNANs.
”JB! PULL THE POWER SUPPLY OUT!” … He obviously wasn’t going to do that! “TO CONNECT WITH THE COMPUTER THERE TO HAVE A COMMUNICATION?” He was faced with multiple choices, so he just clicked the top one. “ZF’s PC”
”CONNECT WITH ZHENFEN’S COMPUTER THE DEPOSITED SYSTEM HAS BEEN RECALLED. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Despite the confrontational message, JB figured this was the Pokemon Storage option after all, so he deposited I & J, and headed to the FRIEND’S STORE to buy more items.
After picking up some more HUGEBALLs, JB had a chat with another customer, who shared his insights into the tainted medicines sold here.
”THOUGH THE MONSTERS ARE HOLDING PROPS, VULNERARIES AND ALEXIPHARMICS, MADE ALL,SO THEY AS IF COULDN’T USE.” Perhaps ALEXIPHARMICS was the firm who produced the items, but JB really had no way of knowing! Plus, since he decided his quest had went off on enough of a tangent already, he decided to call it a night & sleep in the Monster Centre…

Team Summary:

Lv9
Male
Item: SUNSTON (Berry)
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)

There wasn't really much fighting this Chapter, except for the Annans, which were left up to Fork for Poisoning purposes, so this guy got pretty much no action. :(

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv7
Male
- PRIZE (Tackle)

[See ADICT]

FORK the KEYU (Kakuna)
Lv7
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- HEMP (String Shot)
- HATE (Harden)

The MVP for this Chapter, since she fought the Annans.

Chapter 5: POCKET MONSTERS TO PRACTISE BUDDHISM! - The Birds and the BEAR
JB was woken up the next morning by a call from a Bug Catcher (or ROCKET, for some reason) that he, or rather, Fork, had defeated shortly before reaching Guixiang. From what he could make out, he’d found a rare item that he wanted to give JB! Naturally, he rushed over there, and -%”4 ROCKET was indeed waiting for him, to give him the Poison-curing item, FRUIT.
” This... is what you woke me up for?” JB wasn’t happy, but he felt sorry for the poor kid. So he thanked -%”4 and proceeded to head back, when he noticed a cave that had somehow escaped his attention when he was last here. It was then that he remembered someone near Guixiang talking about how he “GRASPED A FINE ELF IN DARK CAVE,” so he headed inside to look for a new ally!

The Dark Cave certainly lived up to its name. JB couldn’t see a damn thing! He wandered around aimlessly for a good few minutes, and even tripped over a discarded DRUGs bottle (which was surprisingly full), until eventually, he reached a spot where he could at least see the shadows of wild Elfs! There seemed to be a large gathering of Zubats, another species JB recognised from the Castelia sewers. Suddenly, several of them swarmed him!
”WILD ZHIB JUMP OUT.”
Certainly a nuisance, but it didn’t take long for Punch to Prize them all into oblivion! The other Elf that seemed to be dominant here was one which appeared to be a rock with a face & arms, called SICIB. They were weak, but quite obviously Rock-type. JB decided they wouldn’t be worth the trouble, and left them all alone.
”Heh. SICIB & ZHIB… Sounds like a Jungle-inspred Folk duo. Still, I don’t imagine either of them being of any use. I’ll keep looking…”
After at least 15 minutes of desperate searching, JB found a different Elf. One which resembled a bear cub.
”WILD BEAR JUMP OUT.”
”Thank you, Captain ObviGear!” JB responded. “Still, I’m catchin’ this!” The BEAR was rather weak, but JB saw its potential instantly! “It’s a damn bear!”
He sent out Fork to weaken it. One sting seemed to tire Bear out, and Poison it… which it seemed to love. JB never expected this sort of masochism from a bear cub, but he decided to catch it anyway. 1, 2, 3… SUCCESS. BEAR CAUGHT!
Because of her affinity to being poisoned, JB named her “STATS,” and after a brief trip to the Monster Center, set out to train her up immediately!

After only a couple of switch-out battles, which JB learned about in school, Stats was ready to fight on her own. She quickly proved to be an incredibly powerful Elf, taking out opponents of equal or higher level in 1 or 2 hits, and reached Punch & Fork’s level in no time at all!
JB felt it was finally time to climb the Madapo Tower!

The tower seemed to be full of two things; statues of a malnourished-looking Grass Elf which JB had seen outside, called MADAQ, and monks. The first monk JB talked to gave him an inspiring introduction to the purpose of the tower.
”THE TOWER IS BUILT FOR POCKET MONSTERS TO PRACTISE BUDDHISM.”
“B… Buddhism?!” JB was astonished at first, but considering all the HEMP the Bug-types seem to have access to, he figured they’d been practicing quite extensively! JB climbed the first ladder and was immediately ambushed by another monk!
”WE WILL NOT DESTORY THE TOWER EVEN IF WE ARE CRAZY” He yelled, and sent out a Madaq.
”Well, that’s good.” JB responded “Because you clearly are! Battle time!”
JB countered with with Fork. Because of her incredible resistance to Grass attacks, she easily shook off the Madaq’s WHIP and defeated it. Along with the other 2 Madaqs the monk had. “Heh. This’ll be easy!” JB thought, as he continued his climb, leaving his opponent behind, shouting “CRAZY MAKES WEAKENED!”
Fork & Punch continued to decimate the.Madaqs of every monk who dared challenge them, including one who had apparently “TRAINED ON THE ROAD OF ULTIMATE.” (Fuck that! JB had trained on the Path of WANDAOLU!)
Punch’s new move, CRY, had proven entertaining, as it was able to confuse the monks’ Madaqs, causing them to hit themselves, and in some cases, doing more damage than Punch could do! Plus, one monk actually had a different Elf from Madaq! An owl called Hehe. It was certainly odd, but nothing Stats couldn’t handle.
Eventually, only the head of the Buddhists’ Order remained, and another Evolution had taken place. “FORK ENVOLVE FORK!” and gained a new multi-hit move called MESS, which she actually felt like using! Still, JB was shocked that the giant wasp-like creature which had emerged from Fork’s cocoon was actually called FORK. Hell of a coincidence…

Upon reaching the head, JB had remembered what one of the other monks had told him.
”THE MERCHINE GIVEN BY PRISBYTER LIGHTED THE DARK.”
He figured whatever move Prisbyter could teach give him would perhaps be able to illuminate Dark Cave, and any similar places, which could prove useful!
However, he noticed that Prisbyter was already in a battle with someone. Someone familiar… METH! Unfortunately, Meth defeated Prisbyter easily.
”THE MAN’S STRENGTH IS TRUE, T DIDN’T BLETHER” Prisbyter stated, “BUT BE CARE OF THE MONSTERS THE MAN’S METHOD TO FRIGHT IS SEVERE. THE MONSTER ISN’T A TOOL TO FRIGHT.”
Meth chuckled, took one of the SECRET MACHINEs, and swaggered over to JB.
”Fuck. He spotted me!”
”ER!AFTER THE ELDER SAID, NOBODY ANSWERED, CERTAINLY TO BE KIND OF THE MONSTERS, I DON’T ADMIT DEFEAT I TAKE A FANCY TO THE STRONG WINNER. ANYTHING ELSE IS OK”
”Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up!” JB kept thinking.
Meth rounded up his rant by saying,”USE THE ROPE TO GO THROUGH THE HOLE.” And left.
JB shook off the encounter like a cobweb in his hair, and once Prisbyter had healed his monsters, he called JB over.
” IT’S THIS TOWER TO LET THE MONSTERS ANDPEOPLE ARE FULL OF FANCY FOR BRIGHT FUTURE, TO AFFIRM THE PRACTISING PLACE AND THE LAST STEELING,”
”For Buddhism? Yeah, I heard. Now can we battle for that Secret Machine?”
Prisbyter nodded. “WE NEED TO SEE IT IS WHO BETWEEN ME AND THE MAN THAT ISN’T SNAPPED THE TACHE WITH THE MONSTERS!”
“Eh? The only monster I’ve seen with a moustache is one back home… Whatever. Let’s do this!” And with that, the final Tower Battle began! … And ended just as quickly as the others. Punch & Fork decimated the Madaqs, while Stats took out the Hehe in 2 Scraahs!
”EN!GOOD.” Prisbyter responded. “PLEASE TAKE THE FLASHING SECRE MACHINE” JB gladly did, and headed to the Monster Center to prepare for his challenge against the Guixiang Gym Leader!

The Gym wasn’t a very large structure, although the floor did look like a giant “S,” which was cool! Immediately, a funny-looking man spotted JB & struck up a conversation.
”HELLO. THOUGH I AM NOT A COACH, I CAN COACH, PLEASE TRUST ME!”
JB was understandably sceptical, but he didn’t know what the Gyms here were like, so he let the man give him advice.
”IT’S NOT A DREAM TO BE A CHAMPION YES, EXPECT TO HEAR THIS!OK. MONSTER AND MONSTER ARE NOTHARMONIOUS, BE CARE!”
... “Well, that was a big heap of useless!” JB thought after walking away. “Guess I’ll be learning about this Gym firsthand!”
JB realised that Adict hadn’t had any fun at all in the Tower, so he put him out front in an attempt to Yuja all over the Gym Trainers.

Surprisingly, there were only 2 of them. They mainly used Lap, but also another Elf which looked similar, but stronger, named BIRD. Their attacks were quite powerful, but Adict still bulldozed through them as always. In literally no time at all, JB stood face to face with the Gym Leader, MR. HYT.
“I AM THE HEADER OF GUIXIANG GYNMASIUM,CALLED HEYADUO.”
”Heyaduo Hyt? What an odd name… Anyways, I’m here for a Gym Challenge!”
”PEOPLE WILL ELECTRIC SHOCK THE FLYING MONSTERS, IGNORING THESE BIRD MONSTERS, I THINK THEM NOT EXCUSED. THEY WERE FLUTTERING IN THE SKY,MAKING THE SKY MAGNIFICENT.”
”Uh, huh?”
”I LET THE WORLDLY PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THEIR GRANDNESS!”
And with that odd combination of poetry and YouTube-esque ranting, JB’s first Gym Leader battle commenced!

Heyaduo’s Lap fell to Adict in a heartbeat. However, he then released its Evolution, Pigeotto (or PIGE). JB knew this’d be tough, but given Adict’s current agitated state, anything was possible!
Despite Pige’s formidable WIND attacks, 2 hits from the powered-up Adict were all JB needed to win his first Badge!
”MY IMPORTANT ELF BECOME…” Heyaduo sighed. “TAKE THIS THE SUCCESSOR OF ELF,WBKUJI.” JB was then handed the WING BADGE!
”ONLY YOU HOLD THIS BADGE,” Mr. Hty continued. “YOUR MONSTERE ATTACK FORCE BECOMES STRONGER, AND THE MONSTER WHO HAS LEARNED THE FLASHING STUNT MAY FLASH WITHOUT FIGHTING.”
“Thanks!” JB replied. “1 down, 7 to go, guys!”
”AND TAKE THIS,” Hyt then handed JB a machine which looked a lot like the one from the Tower.
”ONLY USE THE SKILL MACHINE, YOU CAN TEACHTHE MONSTERS TO LEARN THE STUNTS IN A MOMENT. OFF, YOU USE THEM CONSIDERATELY, AND THEIR INSIDE IS MADE OF MUD, SO YOU DO YOUR BEST TO EVADE THE OPPOSITE’S SHOO FUNCTIONAL TO ATTACK AND DEFEND.”

So, with the Wing Badge, and 2 new moves he could teach his team, (CLAMP, the flashing stunt, and BELLY, which he guessed was the move with Mud insides), JB went back to the Monster Center to prepare for his journey to the South!

Team Summary:

Lv12
Male
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)

Although the others fought admirably in the Madapo Tower, I think I'll have to give Adict this Chapter's MVP award, due to him soloing the Guixiang Gym needing only one DRUG.

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv11
Male
- PRIZE (Tackle)
- CRY (Supersonic)

Punch joined Fork in kicing large amounts of skinny plant ass in the Tower, and was the source of much confusion-based hilarity. Maybe he'll prove useful after all...

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv10
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- HEMP (String Shot)
- HATE (Harden)
- MESS (Fury Attack)

Finally! She evolved! :D
I can't decide whether the award for Prime Weedkiller should go to her or Punch. MESS one-shotted Prisbyter's Madaq, so I guess that could be a tiebreaker.

STATS the BEAR (Teddiursa)
Lv8
Female
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)

While I was training this new gal, she showed great promise. Status or no status, she's going to be a powerful force on this team one day!

Chapter 6: 100 TIMES IN SPIRIT! – JB First Encounters Dicks
Waiting for JB at the Guixiang Monster Centre was Dr. Wu’s creepy Aide!
”Aw, great! What wonders does he have for me this time?” JB thought, as he forced a smile to greet the man with.
”MR. JB! WE HAVEN’T MET FOR A LONG TIME.”
”Ah, yeah. That nostalgic day known only as… Yesterday! What’s up?”
”IT’S WUSIJI DR. THAT LET ME LOOK FOR YOU. IN FACT, HE WANT YOU TO TAKE THE MONSTER’S EGG AWAY.”
JB accepted the Magical Egg again. After all, he was used to babysitting duties…
”WU DR. HAS INVESTIGATED THAT IN A CERTAIN DEGREE, THE MONSTER’S EGG ISN’T EASYTO BE BREEDED, MAYBE COULDN’T BE HATCHED AND IF IT ISN’T BESIDE THE HEALTHY MONSTER ALL THE TIME, IT ISN’T RIHGT. IF HATCHES THE EGG, CONNECT WITH WUSIJI DR. PLEASE.”
JB remembered handling Pokemon Eggs back in Unova, and sure enough, Dr. Wu was right. They did indeed hatch quicker when in a trainer’s party. It took some time for him to grasp the fact that this was the extent to which the finest mind in Johto understood Eggs, but he guessed it was a pretty good stage for them to have reached, considering…

With his new baby, JB headed south back towards R32. His hunch about the Badge was correct, and the area’s resident psychopath let him through.
”THE FIRST IS DECIDED TOPRACTISE IN GYMNASIUM!” He said in what was assumed to be a congratulatory manner. “YES, THIS IS A MEMORY TO GUIXIANG, TAKE IT AWAY! IF ELF TAKES IT, THEN THE GRASS STUNT POWER WILL RISE.” He handed JB what looked like a Miracle Seed, but he had no Grass type moves to use it with, so he bagged it & continued walking.
Along this forest-like route, he met & defeated a good few Elf Coaches, who introduced him to 2 new species. RIDEL, a Poison-type whose biology differs drastically based on its gender, and WUY, a small Water-type amphibian which looked (and probably was) permanently high. The only really notable benefit from these battles was a new move for Adict called FLAME. JB was intrigued that a Water type would naturally learn a Fire move, so he tried it out immediately… It was fucking Water Gun! How could even the Elf Gear have made such a massive error?! Still, JB was finally happy he finally had a Water attack!

Near the end of the road, JB discovered a Monster Center. He didn’t expect to find one in the middle of nowhere, but he certainly wasn’t complaining!
Inside, he talked to a man wearing a ridiculous hat.
”THERE HAS BEEN A FAMOUS PLACE TO FISH.” He began. “TO SEE EVERYBODY FISHING, YOU WILL HAVE AN ITCH TO FISH. IF RIGHT, LEND MY FISHING ROD TO YOU!”
”Ah, why the Hell not?” said JB. “There could be new Elfs in the water.”
The item he gave JB, however, looked nothing like a Fishing Rod. It was a goddamn CLOTHBAG! How the Hell was JB meant to catch anything but the most idiotic creatures with this?!
”GOOD TO FISH!” The poor man continued. “ONLY THERE IS WATER, THE SEA, THE RIVER, ALL ARE RIGHT. TO FISH WITH FISHING ROD.”
”I would know if you’d actually given me a fishing rod, you senile idiot!” JB thought, as he left with his questionable gift.

He thought he may as well try out his new cloth bag, so he went out to the pier behind the centre, tied the bag to a post, and baited it with a spare Sunston… For ages, all was silent until he heard a child’s voice coming from across the water.
”DICKS! DICKS HAHAHA! DICKS!”
”Heh. Seems someone just learned a new word. Oh, to be that young & naïve again…” Suddenly, a wild thrashing awoke JB from his daydream. It seemed to be coming from the cloth bag. Had this withered old rag actually caught something?!
”DRAW IT!DRAW IT!” The Elf Gear displayed!
JB hurriedly picked up the sack, waited for the thrashing to die down a bit, and threw in a HUGEBALL, which captured the creature! Since it seemed to have been drawn to that young boy’s profanity, JB decided to name it “DICKS.”
”Alright, let’s take a look at what we got…” JB released Dicks to see what it actually was… She turned out to be a familiar red fish pokemon. One JB had witnessed a sleazy conman trying to sell to tourists on the Marvelous Bridge. A Magikarp! He had always wondered where the guy found them… The Illustrated Handbook read, ”CARP.”
”Hm. It actually kinda got that one right… Still, what now? She clearly isn’t fit for battle if she couldn’t power her way out of an old sack… Damn, she’s gonna need soooo much switch-out training.”
JB elected to keep Dicks at the front of the party, at least until she could attack on her own, and defeated every Trainer on the pier, who annoyingly, mainly used CARPs! Not much experience there, obviously! Hopefully he’d have more luck in the nearby cave... But first, he had to deal with a salesman who had cornered him!
”IT IS GOOD WITH FULL NOTRITION. DO YOU EAT THE DELICIOUS TAIL?”
”The delicious… What?”
The dealer pulled out a small pink tail. “NOW ONLY ONE MILLION DOLLARS.”
JB had saved up a considerable amount, but nothing even close to $1 million! Naturally, he said no.
”NO! GO HERE.” Mr. Dealer remarked before storming off. JB shook off the awkward moment for the thousandth time, entered the nearby JOIN CAVE, and decided to have a race.
“Will Dicks learn how to attack before the Magical Egg hatches?! Let’s find out!” he bellowed, in his best Game Show voice…

The Elf Coaches seen in the cave were unlike anyone he’d found before. Instead of children wearing shorts or beekeeper hats, there were former circus performers, burly mountain men, and a crazy guy in a cape who, without provocation, dubbed JB his COLLECTING RIVAIL!” They did use a bunch of cool new Elfs, though, such as a 6 tailed fire-breathing fox named ROK, and a snake-like rock titan named YIHE, which would have been a serious threat if not for Adict’s FLAME!
However, despite gaining half of all this experience, Dicks was growing painfully slowly, and after reaching the end of the cave, JB had nothing to show for it, except a Skill Machine containing an attack called MAJUS. It was apparently NORM-type, so he thought it was best taught to Stats.
At the cave’s exit, JB battled a very “SPIRITFUL” mountain man, who for some reason started talking to him as if he were a kindred spirit…
”WE ARE THE HILL MEN. WE GAIN 100 TIMES IN SPIRIT WHEN ENTER THE HILL WHAT ABOUT. I AM MANKIND IN MOUNTAIN. WE GO INTO MOUNTAIN, CAVE, ETC. SOMETIMES WE FIND SCARCE MONSTER.”
The poor fellow had no idea that JB’s smile was actually concealed laughter!
Still, JB felt he should hold off on exploring the nearby town until Dicks could attack and the Egg had hatched, so he went back into Join Cave to battle the wild Elfs inside.
The wild SICIBs, ZHIBs and YIHEs were far weaker than the captured ones, so this quickly proved to be a mind-numbingly tedious process! The rest of the team were growing just as sick of it, too. Adict even almost ate his Sunston out of sheer boredom!
After well over an hour… The Egg hatched. The newborn Elf, DEKE, didn’t look too different from the Egg it came from, and like Dicks, couldn’t properly attack. With that in mind, JB elected not to use it, get back to training, and just call Dr. Wu in the next city.
It took another good while, but after more monotonous grinding, Dicks learned… Prize. “Better than nothing…”
And so, with a sigh of semi-relief, JB left the cave again & arrived in “RIDU TOWN – A CITY WHERE ELFS AND PEOPLE LIVE HARMONY.”

Team Summary:

Lv15
Male
Item: SUNSTON
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- FLAME (Water Gun)

While everyone played a relatively equal part in Dicks's grinding, I'll have to give the MVP award to Adict again, because he was the only one who could effectively muscle through the Rock types.

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv12
Male
- PRIZE (Tackle)
- CRY (Supersonic)

Well, it's finally happened - Punch has become the weakest attacker on the team. CRY has proven useful as always, though, so once I get some TMs from Xiaojin (I think), I'll be delegating him to a more supportive role.

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv11
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- HEMP (String Shot)
- HATE (Harden)
- MESS (Fury Attack)

I think she had the 2nd highest kill count this Chapter, since I wanted to prepare her for her required Solo challenges.

Lv12
Female
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

With a STAB move stronger than Scratch, her power continues to steadily grow!

DICKS the CARP (Magikarp)
Lv15
Female
- SHINE (Splash)
- PRIZE (Tackle)

I wouldn't say "LVP," so much as "Passenger..." The amount of goddamn grinding to get her up just 5 levels was astounding! I miss Lucky Eggs...

Chapter 7: STEEL GANGYTIE, Private Detective! – Rescue YEDONG from Missile Bomb!
At the entrance to Ridu Town was an old well. JB wanted to check it out, but it was guarded by a guy dressed entirely in black.
”IT’S DANGEROUS INSIDE, EVERYONE DON’T DARE TO ENTER, LOOKING FAR AWAY. AM I A GOOD SORT?”
”A good sort? Damn bouncers are always looking for praise…” murmured JB as he walked away. His eyes were then drawn to the town’s largest building, the 2nd Gym. JB tried to go in, but another black-clad idiot was blocking the door!
”DO YOU KNOW YEDONG’S TAIL? IT’S SAID IT IS TASTY. I TELL YOU THIS GOOD THING. AM I A GOOD SORT?”
JB stormed off! ”Damn i—wait, Yedong’s Tail?” he then remembered the tail he was hassled to buy back at R32… “Are these the guys who are hacking them off of the… whatever Yedongs are? … Wait a minute! They couldn’t be…”
JB decided to confirm his hunch by asking around town, though the information he received wasn’t much use. The citizens mostly just panicked, asking him “WHERE IS YEDONG? YEDONG HAD DISAPPEARED FROM CITY!” or something along those lines, and one guy who believed this was taking place because “THE WATER GOD IS ANGRY,” and the only other thing anyone mentioned was a guy called MR. GANGYTIE, who, as JB understood it, could create custom Elf Balls from certain fruits. Since everyone seemed to hold this man in such high regard, JB decided he’d be the best possible lead.
JB quickly found a sign outside the northernmost house reading “THIS IS STEEL’S HOME.” As he was reading this, a woman approached him & asked “YOU WANT STEEL TO MAKE A BASIN FOR YOU..”
”So his first name is Steel… Steel Gangytie?” JB pondered over the name. “That’s… actually quite badass! Anyways, seems like this is the place!” With that, JB entered the house.

“YEDONG ISN’T IN, HOW TO DO?” He heard a little girl saying. “ISN’T IT TAKEN BY BADDY?”
The man she was talking to was about to answer, when he turned round and spotted JB. He was a middle-aged fellow with a distinctive black Mohawk, and his shirt off. This had to be STEEL GANGYTIE!
”HEY WHO ARE YOU?” Steel asked. “DO YOU MAKE THE BASIN? SORRY, NOW IT ISN’T THE TIME TO MAKE BASIN.”
”No, that’s not why I’m here. I’m JB. I just got here & saw that the villagers are all in an uproar. I figured you’d know why.”
Steel nodded. “DO YOU KNOW MISSILE BOMB?”
Damn! JB knew it! Those “guards” he encountered were actually members of Missile Bomb, the crime syndicate JB had heard about from a gentleman in Guixiang! But before JB could speak up, Mr. Gangytie continued.
”NO,NEEDN’T TO KNOW, I SAY, MISSILE BOMB THREE MEN USE ELFS BY BAT MEANS A BAD GROUP REALLY. ORIGINALLY THEY HAD BEEN DISMISSED, HE STRANDED YEDONG’S TAIL WITH ROPE, SOLD IT AS WARE. THEY MUST BE PUNISHED.”
JB nodded in agreement!
“YEDONG, YOU WAIT, STEEL MANKIND, I WILL COME BACK TO RESCUE YOU!” And with that, Steel raced out of his house & towards the well at a remarkable speed for someone his age! All that was missing from that moment, JB thought, was the theme from a cheesy Police Drama!
JB followed his tracks & reached the entrance to the well, where neither Steel, nor the Missile Bomb from before were anywhere to be found. He heard someone crying out in pain, though, so he descended the ladder into the “YDRONG” Well.

The first thing he saw was Steel Gangytie, lying in agony on the ground.
”HEY!THE MAN LOOK AROUND ABOVE, HE BURSTS OUT, HE SHIRKS. I DROPPED FROM THE ROPE AND BRODE MY WAIST I CANN’T MOVE”
“… You’re an idiot.”
And so with Steel, the hero of the hour, incapacitated, the task of driving out Missile Bomb had fallen to JB. Good thing he stopped by the Ridu Monster Center earlier!
JB thought this was the perfect time for Dicks to shine, so he let her out & confronted their first opponent, the well’s former guardian!
”WHEN I WAS WATCHING ABOVE, THE OLD MAM SHOUT SUNDDLY, I WAS SHOCKED AND FALLED IN WELL” he shouted.
“I WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU FOR RELAXING!” With that, he sent out a Caml, and JB & Dicks prepared for battle. This guy clearly wasn’t the “brains” of the operation, so there was nothing to worry about.
While Dicks couldn’t deal much damage, she could certainly take plenty of it! This trait served her well in dispatching both of her opponent’s Camls, causing him to admit to his group’s wrongdoings.
”YES, WE SNIPPED YEDONG’S TAIL TO SOLD IT IS ALL TO MAKE A PROFIT. IT IS MISSILE BOMB TO DO ANYTHING!
“Not bad, Dicks…” thought JB, as he healed her, and moved on to the 2nd Missile Bomb.

This time, it wasn’t so simple! Her Zhib was no problem, but then, she unleashed a purple snake called VIV! This creature was able to take Dick’s hits relatively well, coil itself tightly around her, and Poison her! Viv had Dicks bound so tightly that JB couldn’t even switch her out! All he could do was watch as his poor Carp became weaker and weaker…
Once Dicks had been released, JB decided to avenge her humiliation by sending in Stats!
As expected, Viv stung & poisoned the little bear… Then all her trainer could do was stand back & watch as Stats revelled in the poison, and with a burst of invigoration, attacked with MAJUS – A powerful flurry of what looked like shurikens conjured from thin air! VIV FALLED!
JB was glad that was over. He was a bit upset that Dicks couldn’t handle all of Missile Bomb’s coaches, but he sort of expected that…
He healed both participating Elfs, picked up the rope Viv’s trainer had dropped, and moved on to the next Missile Bomb coach. He only had a Zhib & a Caml, so Dicks whittled this guy down, just like the first! JB began to wonder if all of Missile Bomb’s male members were this stupid...
JB then went to confront the boss of this operation, who honestly looked just as out of it as the others. Next to him were a series of cages, each containing a dopey looking Elf of an identical shade of pink to the tail JB saw earlier. These must be the Yedongs!
“Alright, Missile Bomb! I’ve dispatched all your subordinates. Now let them go!”
The boss scoffed (or vomited in his mouth. JB wasn’t quite sure), and replied “I WILL BE RUDE TO YOU IF YOU DISTURB OUR WORK.”
JB had seen his floating poisonous rock before! He once saw a band in Virbank City called The Koffings, and Roxie, their singer/bassist, had one of these. This was a Koffing! … The Illustrated Handbook read “DEJI.”
Deji could take Dicks’s PRIZE attack far better than anything she’d faced so far, but all it could do was Prize back… So JB thought, until it was commanded to use a move called “FRA.” Deji directed its noxious fumes towards Dicks, who inhaled them without thinking, and was Poisoned for the second time!
”FUCK! What’s with everyone Poisoning us lately?!” JB was tired of this shit, so he sent in Stats – The only living creature who could possibly enjoy a FRA to the face! She took it, and with the same worrying grin as always, leapt happily into battle & unleashed another flurry of MAJUS. It did far less damage than expected, but Stats was able to survive both the poison and Deji’s weak attacks for two more turns to secure the win!

”DO GOOG! BUT IT WILL NOT BE SO EASY NEXT TIME.” The Missile Bomb executive shouted! “OUR MISSILE BOMB YINCIYI WAS DISMISSED YEARS AGO IT HID UNDER THE GROUND TO KEEP ACTING FOR THE FUTURE SOMETHING HAPPENS, I AM INTERESTED IN THEM!” And with that, he ran out of the well, with the other members following him.
JB let the Yedongs out of their cages and turned to leave, when he saw Steel Gangytie walking towards him.
”DO WELL” He said. “THE MISSILE BOMBS ESCAPES, MY WAIST BECOMES WELL. WE ARW GOING TO GO BACK.”
JB was suspicious of his quick recovery from such an injury. Either he was faking it for a convenient excuse not to fight, or the same experimental drug he took which allowed him to run at mach speeds also gave him enhanced regeneration capabilities! JB tried mulling over this, as well as what the Hell a “Yinciyi” was, on the road back to Steel’s home, but to no avail.
Back at the house, Steel thanked JB with one of his custom Basins, and said something along the lines of making more for him if he were brought special fruits called MILLETS. JB decided not to bother with that for now, and turned his sights to the now unguarded RIDU GYMNASIUM…

Team Summary:

Lv16
Male
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- FLAME (Water Gun)

I wanted Dicks to level up, so Adict had to take a back seat again for most of this chapter, along with everyone except Stats, due to Missile Bomb's abundance of Poison attacks.

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv12
Male
- PRIZE (Tackle)
- CRY (Supersonic)

[See ADICT]

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv11
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- HEMP (String Shot)
- HATE (Harden)
- MESS (Fury Attack)

[See ADICT]

Lv13
Female
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

Arguably, Stats is the MVP this time, since she saved Dicks's ass twice.

Lv15
Female
- SHINE (Splash)
- PRIZE (Tackle)

Oh, this fish - Why won't she grow? This fish, this fish, this fishy-OOOOOH!

Chapter 8: TO BE A DR. GREAT! – The Terrifying Power of Zenda
Inside the Ridu Gym, JB found the strange man from the previous Gym who attempted to give him advice. Despite being utterly useless last time, JB figured he should give him another chance, so he went up to say hello…
“HELLO, CHALLENGER. THOUGH ZHAOZHI IS YOUNG, ITS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT WORM ELF COULDN’T BE FEWER THAN THE YOUTH, NO DIRECTION IS SAD?”
So, the Gym Leader is young, but its… ITS knowledge (must be an alien, or something!) of Bug type Elfs is fewer than its youth? “Solid” advice for sure! JB thought.
“YES,SEE ME. WORM ELF DISLIKES FIRE, THE EFFECT OF FLYING ELF IS OUTSTANDING!”
Woah! He had utterly shocked JB by ending his speech with some useful advice right at the end! JB’s team didn’t know any Fire or Flying attacks, though, so that wouldn’t work. He’d noticed that Punch & Fork seemed to be very happy to be around so many Elfs of their own kind, so he decided to leave this Gym’s Coaches up to those two!

First, they faced the twins JIUMEI & LIUMEI, who used a spider Elf named RUOY, and a NUXI, respectively. Fork dispatched Ruoy with only 2 MESSes, while Punch proved far stronger than his fellow Nuxi.
The two Worm Elf Wonders effortlessly swept through most of the other bugs in the Gym, with Status coming in for some lovely poison every time a BIDE or KEYU was sent out. In next to no time, only the Ridu Leader remained. He was indeed young, but definitely not an alien!
“I AM ZHSOZHI,” the boy stated. “IF IT’S WORM ELF, I’M NOT DEFEATEDBY EVERYONE. BECAUSE I WILL RESEARCH WORM ELF IN FUTURE, TO BE A DR. GREAT IN THIS CASE, I GIVE YOU MY RESEARCH RESULT TO SEE!”
As Zhsozhi shifted to his battle stance, Fork burst out from her Basin and turned to JB, as if to say, “It’s cool. I’ve got this…” JB nodded, and ordered her to TRY HARD…
Zhsozhi’s first Elf was DELAN, which looked a lot like Fork when she was a KEYU, but green in colour. JB figured this must be a PEDAL’s cocoon. Fork attacked the cocoon, shaking off its Prizes, and soon Poisoned it. One MESS & some poison damage later, Delan falled.
As if to keep a theme going, Zhsozhi’s next Elf was, in fact, a KEYU. Keyu were immune to Poison, so JB commanded Fork to just whittle it down with MESS. Which she did…
JB was ecstatic! This was proving to be just as simple as last time! Once Fork had bested whatever cocoon Zhsozhi’s last monster was, the Badge was in the bag!

… To JB’s surprise, Fork’s last opponent was the furthest thing from a cocoon that a Bug could be. This green behemoth stood taller than its owner, with a streamlined body and massive scythes in place of its hands! JB had never seen a bug like this before! He looked at the Illustrated Handbook to learn more about this reaper of insects… “ZENDA,” its name was.
“Alright Fork, this guy looks pretty tough, but I’m counting on you!” Fork blasted Zenda with a powerful, 4-hit Mess. It did little more than upset the beast, who retaliated with an attack known only as KNIF. JB couldn’t believe his eyes… The damage was pitiful!
“Ha! No worries, Fork. Just poison him & stall out his weak attacks and we’ve got this!” Fork successfully poisoned him & took another KNIF. It seemed to do a bit more damage than before, but nothing too serious. Fork used Mess, which damaged Zenda a little more. The strategy was working!
Next turn, Zenda Knif’d again… And Fork struggled to get back up!
JB was speechless! What the Hell kind of an attack was this?! “D-Don’t worry, Fork. I’ll heal you up & we can still stall him out. Look, he’s getting tired!” JB used an item he’d bought at the Ridu Friend’s Store. It looked like a DRUG, but the bottle only said “POWER RENEW 50P. With that, Fork was as good as new, ready to take the next KNIF! Zenda attacked again!
“N-No… NO!” JB shouted hysterically! … Fork had fallen.
Every Knif from Zenda only became more & more powerful, and one by one, JB’s entire party lay motionless. Little more than bruised, bloody statues of their former selves on the Gym floor!
“D-DAMN IT! WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!”
Zhsozhi addressed the fallen Coach. “THOUGH JBTRY HARD, THE POCKET MONSTER ISN’T IN HERE!”
“Whatever…” JB murmured. He placed his Elfs back into their Balls, and slumped back to the Monster Centre…

Negative thoughts filled JB’s head for ages after his defeat. If this was the gap in power between every Gym Leader, he didn’t know how he’d cope. Fork was just as miserable. She could barely face her Coach after the match...
“It’s alright, Fork.” JB told her. “You jumped in headfirst, not knowing what to expect. It happens. It wasn’t your fault…” With a gentle stroke on her feelers, JB smiled, and placed her back in her Ball…
When he finally emerged from his slump, JB decided to plan an alternate strategy for his rematch… After a thorough assessment of his team’s move list on the Elf Gear, JB had it!
If the power of Zenda’s KNIF did indeed become stronger with every attack, JB just had to stop it from attacking! And one Elf in JB’s possession had the power to do just that…

JB regained his composure & marched back towards the Ridu Leader. “Alright, Zhsozhi. You’re indeed a formidable opponent, but don’t think your Zenda’s gonna pull that shit again!”
“I AM ZHSOZHI, IF IT’S WORM ELF, I’M NOT DEFEATEDBY EVERYONE. BECAUSE I WILL RESEARCH--“
“What the Hell? … I know this. We battled a couple of hours ago!” The child ignored JB, and kept rattling through the same speech he’d given before.
JB couldn’t believe this. There was no way a kid as young as Zhsozhi actually had Alzheimer’s! Especially if he had aspirations to become a researcher … JB almost didn’t want to battle him now, but both his second Badge and Fork’s pride were at stake!
Fork took down his Delan the same way as before, but this time Keyu was left up to Stats, who got some lovely Poison out of it! Then came the moment of truth – Zenda emerged!
Stats was called back, and out came Punch! Zenda got off his first Knif, but JB knew what to do!
“Punch, CRY!”
Punch’s ultrasonic waves struck and confused Zenda, who then slashed himself in the face, doing massive damage!
“YES!!” JB cheered. “Now whittle him down with Prize.” Punch attacked Zenda, then Zenda attacked Zenda. The plan was working phenomenally, and whenever Zenda snapped out of his stupor, it only took 1 or 2 turns to land another CRY! Punch eventually did fall, but not before confusing his opponent one last time!
JB decided the weakest member of his team should finish the job, so he sent out Dicks. Zenda couldn’t get it together quickly enough, and 2 Prizes knocked him out.. Plus, Dicks finally received a massive boost in strength.

JB had done it! He’d defeated the reaper and won his 2nd Gym Badge!
Zshozhi congratulated the victor. “GREAT! YOU UNDERSTAND ELF IT SEEM THAT MY STUDY NOT ENOUGH GIVE YOU THIS BUDGE”
“Budge? Dude, I think you mean—“ With that, JB was handed the NSECT BADGE. “Yeah, that. Thanks…”
“DO YOU KNOW THE ITS EFFECT? IF HOLDING THE INSECT BADGE, YOU CAN MAKE ELFS OUTRIGHT WHICH LEVEL IS UNDER 30, AND THIS ELF FOR YOU, WHICH CAN USE SAW, AND USE THE STUNT WITHOUT FIGHTING.” He then gave JB another Skil Machine… JB couldn’t believe his luck – It was KNIF, the signature move of his dreaded Zenda!
“ITS SERIES SAW IN SKILL MACHING, ONLY ALL THE ATTACKS HIT ON, ITS POWER BECOMES STRONGER. AND THE FIGHTING TIME IS LONGER, THE VANTAGE FOR IT IS MORE, IT IS VERY STRONG? IT IS MY FIND.”
JB thanked the young Gym Leader, and immediately taught the new move to Fork, so she was able to harness the very power that once destroyed her!

“I AM ZHSOZHI, IF IT’S WORM ELF—“
JB left.

Team Summary:

Lv16
Male
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- FLAME (Water Gun)

For the first time, Adict is the LVP for a chapter. Though to be fair, only because he was the only one I didn't get to use.

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv12
Male
- PRIZE (Tackle)
- CRY(Supersonic)

That damn Scyther yielded the experience Dicks needed, but Punch deserved!
Without his confusion support, I'd have been completely helpless, so he actually gets the MVP award this time!

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv13
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- HEMP (String Shot)
- KNIF (Fury Cutter)
- MESS (Fury Attack)

Poor, poor Fork. She came so close to taking down a Gym Leader on her own!
Oh well - With the power she inherited from Zhsozhi, she'll probably be able to do that at the next one... If she's fast enough.

Lv13
Female
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

Stats helped out against the Poison types in the Gym, but not with much else this time around.

Lv16
Female
- SHINE (Splash)
- PRIZE (Tackle)

It was unscrupulous, but Dicks taking all of the experience from the Scyther battle actually allowed her to level up for a change! :D

Badges: 2
SCENES OF BLANK: 1 (Fuck Scyther - Honestly!)

Chapter 9: THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE! – The Devil and Xiaojin Bazaar
After acquiring the Insect “Budge” & resting at the Monster Center, JB asked one of the locals how to get to the next city.
”GO THROUGH THIS CITY THEN TO WUYEMU FOREST.” He responded. “BUT MANY THIN TREES ARE IN THE WAY, DON’T GO FORWARD. IF I WAS SHAOTANZHITEN’S MONSTER, I CAN LEARN THE STUNT TO CHOP TREES.”
”Right… Thanks, man.” OK – It seemed that if JB wanted to progress, he needed this “Shaotanzhiten” character to give him another Secret Stunt similar to the flashing one. He had seen Shaotanzhiten before, though. In front of the house where he received the impromptu sermon about the WATER GOD, the sign depicted that very name!
When he entered the house this time, there was nobody there, so JB figured he’d search this “Wuyemu Forest.” However, at the city gates, an old friend was waiting for him…

”Oh, God damnit, not you again!”
”A THING TO ASK:IS IT REAL THE MISSILE BOMB RELIVES?” Meth shouted.
”Yeah – Good job I’d already driven ‘em out of here, or you’d have probably joined up with them. Then planned an amazing grand heist of Dr. Wu’s last “Monater,” or something!” JB clearly had no patience left for this guy.
Meth looked shocked! “WHAT, IT’S YOU TO BEAT THEM DOWN, REALLY?”
“Don’t look so surprised! I kicked your ass too, remember?”
”THEN SHOW OFF YOUR STRENGTH TO SEE.”
*Sigh* “Fine!”
With that, Meth sent out his first Elf - A ball of mist with an eerie grin named GES… JB had read about these creatures in quite a few horror stories. Except they were called “Gastly.”
”What?! You found a Ghost-type? Aw, come on!”
Meth gave off an arrogant smirk, and Fork burst out into battle, most likely to make up for her earlier failure. JB was perfectly fine with this. After all, now she had a secret weapon!
JB commanded Fork to use KNIF. Meth sniggered when Ges was barely scratched, but JB knew better. Then, Ges retaliated with a hypnotic wave the Elf Gear called SPEC. The attack appeared to put Fork to sleep!
”Aw, crap! C’mon Fork, wake up!”
Ges was commanded to follow up with AGAIN, which involved… Licking Fork! It was disturbing, but the damage done wasn’t. Ges licked Fork in her sleep for one more turn, then she finally woke up and Knif’d again!
Fork was given another 50P Drug, and Ges SPEC’d again. Fortunately, it missed! For three more turns, Fork fought through licking & missed hypnotic waves, with her attack growing in power each turn. Finally, Ges falled!
JB breathed a sigh of relief. He had a feeling the hard part of the fight was over…

He was right! Meth’s next Elf was a Zhib, which fell after 2 Knifs & did almost nothing to Fork. Then, Meth sent out his final Elf. It was the Qiaok he stole, but it had clearly evolved! It was now yellow in colour, considerably larger, and the seeds around its neck had sprouted into rather impressive leaves…
Despite her opponent’s strength, one Knif from Fork dealt devastating damage! BEIL then used an attack called CONTRO, which summoned up a storm of razor-sharp leaves & aimed them at the target. It looked powerful… And it would have been against anyone but Fork! She shook it off, and delivered one final KNIF, securing her victory!
Bested by a friggin’ Bug? Meth was not pleased…
“THE ELF CAN NOT BE USED. YOU WON IS BECAUSE MY ELF BECOME WEAKER!”
”Nah, they’re good fighters. You, on the other hand, suck!”
Meth’s face turned as red as his hair…
”I… I…”
”Yeeees?” JB replied, expecting another wonderful speech.
… “I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN!”
”What? Hahaha WHAT?!”
”IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL.”
By this point, JB was howling with laughter!
”FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO, COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ALL ARE UNPARDONABLE.”
JB’s sides could not take much more. This was by far the most hilariously awful rant he had ever heard! He was on the ground, with tears rolling down his bright red face!
”YOU DON’T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE.”
However, JB’s echoing laughter only made Meth even more furious, and he stormed off…
Several minutes later, JB finally calmed down & stood back up. He had absolutely no idea as to what the fuck he’d just witnessed! Who the Hell was this “Trashy Man?!” He seriously didn’t know whether to love or hate Meth now, but he decided he could mull that over while walking through Wuyemu Forest.

As soon as he entered the gate between Ridu & Wuyemu, and old woman tapped JB on the shoulder & said,
“IT’S SAID THERE IS A SPIRIT IN THE FOREST, DON’T SERVE THE DEVIL”
... JB backed away slowly, and entered the apparently haunted forest.
Despite it being still quite early in the evening, the forest was almost pitch-black! The trees were so plentiful, the sky was completely overshadowed.
“Damn, I need to be careful in here…” On that thought, something collided with him, and he collapsed!
“What the Hell, man?!” He shouted, as he pulled himself back up. In the distance, JB thought he could see a strange bird running away from him. This had to be the culprit!
“Alright, get back here, ya little bastard!” And with that, JB ran after the bird. When he caught up with it, it was sitting perfectly still. He took out the Illustrated handbook… “OUCONG,” it said. Oucong was a small bird, though its eyes & beak looked too big for its body. On top of that, it seemed to be carrying a leek around! “Weird Elf, this one.” JB thought, before attempting to sneak up on it. He crept slowly behind Oucong, and… Success! He had the damn bird in his clutches! However, Oucong soon managed to wriggle free!
“FEARFUL!” It squawked, as it shot off into the distance, leaving JB in amazement.
“… The fuck?! Did that thing just talk? And what does “Fearful” even mean?!”
JB attempted to sneak up & grab the bird a second time, but again, it broke free of his grasp & ran off, towards the entrance of the forest, with another cry of “FEARFUL!”
When JB caught up to it this time, it was standing beside a large man in a Karate suit. This was Shaotanzhiten!
“HEY,OUCONG. IT IS YOU TO FIND IT, THANKS TO YOU.” The man said to JB.
“Well, no problem. He was just giving me a hard time in the forest, so—“
“THANK YOU NO, THANKS IS NO GOOD. YES, TAKE IT PLEASE.” He handed JB another Secret Stunt machine.
“THE SECRET SAW IS LEARNED BY MONSTERS. CHOP THE THIN TREE.”
“Wow – Thanks, man!” JB took out SAW immediately to check who could learn it. 3 of the team wanted to, but Fork seemed most eager. So Fork learned SAW, JB waved goodbye to Shaotanzhiten, and they headed deeper into the forest.

Sure enough, he stumbled upon a thin tree blocking the only straight path.
“FORK, use the SAW!” JB commanded. In an instant, Fork had made salad out of the obstacle! With that, they continued their journey, chopping trees & battling wild Elfs as they went.
Punch & Adict fought off most of the wild Elfs. There were some cool new species, too. GRAS, a round, blue Elf sporting raddish-like leaves, KODA, an incredibly stupid-looking yellow duck, ATH, a red bug with mushrooms on its back (which the people nearby probably harvest!), and a furry purple bug named CORN, of all things! Plus, as if the forest journey couldn’t get any more eventful, Punch had even finally learned to punch! His new move, HIT, allowed him to punch multiple times at once, in a similar manner to Fork’s MESS. JB had never seen the little bug this happy before, so he knew it’d be a move he’d use often!
They continued to venture forth, and after talking to a rather insane individual who seemed to enjoy headbutting trees, JB and co. finally stumbled upon the exit.

The forest opened up onto a large, open road swarming with Elf Coaches, who were no match for Punch, Adict & Fork! However, one of them, who used another foreign Elf called BLU, a strange pink dog wearing what JB swore was an Elizabethan neck ruff, mentioned a nearby business called TRAIN-MERCHANT, who could apparently help raise weaker Elfs.
Further up the road, JB stumbled upon what must have been the right place. The sign out front read “THIS IS BREEDING HOUSE, TO BREED YOUR ELF.” JB figured this wasn’t a Merchant’s place, but a Daycare similar to the one near Straiton City. He used to have a Saturday job there, so he remembered how it worked. JB felt it would be a good idea to leave Dicks here, so she could become stronger while JB trained Fork for her second chance at taking on a Gym Leader, so he went inside & talked to the old man.
“WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TRAIN?” He asked. JB handed him Dicks’s Basin.
“KEEP DICKS TEMPORARY?” JB nodded. “COME AGAIN WHEN THERE COMES THE PROPER TIME.” The man then placed Dicks in his garden pond, and she looked up at JB.
“Don’t worry Dicks. I’ll come back for you real soon!” He assured the little fish. He patted her on the head, and headed back towards the next town.
The gate to XIAOJIN CITY had finally came into view, when one final Elf Coach called to JB from behind! He asked if JB was going to check out XIAOJIN BAZAAR, before challenging him to a battle.
JB sent Adict out to battle against the challenger’s KODA. Koda foolishly attempted to use Flame against the Water-type Adict, who retaliated with powerful Scraahs. However, Adict was quite worn down already, and one Flame scored a “HIT TO KEY.” This caused Adict to once again eat his Sunston, and of course, go ballistic! One YUJA was all the duck could take, and the battle was over.
After JB exchanged numbers with his opponent, once he claimed to know when the Xiaojin Bazaar were planning a sale, his Elf Gear displayed the message “ELF? AS ADICT!” It was finally happening! JB’s first Elf was evolving! Adict started glowing, before growing larger in size, and becoming a larger blue & white version of his former self. “CONGRAT! ADICT ENVOLVE ALIGE!”
The evolution in no way calmed him down, however, and he had set his sights on the now-terrified coach in front of him! JB, not wanting to cause any trouble with a policeman nearby, hurriedly threw his ALIGE a Sunston, instantly mellowing him out.

Upon finally entering Xiaojin, JB stopped over at the Monster Center before heading to what he was certain was the Bazaar. This massive 5-floor complex was far bigger than any store JB had seen in Johto so far, so he decided it must have some valuable items to sell!
The first floor had the same items the previous shops had, so he moved on to the second floor. They sold some interesting-looking items which, JB guessed, powered up ones monsters in battle. JB thought his team was strong enough without them, though, so up to the third floor he went!
A customer here approached JB excitedly, showing off his new purchase of SULPHUR ACID.
“I LIKE STRONG MONSTER. SULPHUR ACID ITS ATTACKING POWER IMPROVED!”
The concept of spraying a living creature with Sulphur Acid to power it up was understandably worrying to JB. Besides, it & the similar items on this floor such as SUGAR and POLE, were all $9,800 each! No way could he afford that!
The final floor sold a few Skill machines JB hadn’t seen before. Most notably, punching moves called FIREHIT, LIGHTHIT, and COOLHIT. He figured Punch would love these moves. Plus he really needed some type coverage, so JB bought a COOLHIT to teach to him, before heading up to the roof to check out the view.
While up here, JB observed the different sights in town while attempting to chat to the other shoppers. The most interesting person he saw was a man who looked in his mid-30s trying to win a stuffed toy from a crane machine!
“WHAT THE ADULT SHOULD BE WHOLEHEARTED DEVOTION!” he bellowed. “I COME EVERYDAY TO COLLECT TOYS.” JB was relieved to find someone who had retained his inner child for so long, and hoped he’d still be like that in a few years! The man gestured towards the machine next to his, and JB decided to give it a try. He put a coin in the slot, twisted the knob, starting up the machine, but he won nothing. With that, he sighed, shook the man’s hand, and went back to scanning the rest of the town.

After a while, JB had decided on his plan for tomorrow – First, he would check out the Bike Shop, then the Game Corner, moving onto the Underground, possibly the Radio Tower if there was time, and finally, best for last, the Xiaojin Gymnasium!

Team Summary:

ADICT the ALIGE (Croconaw)
Lv18
Male
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- FLAME (Water Gun)

This time, he got his fair share of action in the forest, and he's finally evolved now! :D

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv15
Male
- PRIZE (Tackle)
- CRY(Supersonic)
- HIT (Comet Punch)
- COOLHIT (Ice Punch)
[Fighting-types Solo'd: 1/25]

With his new Punching moves, he can keep up with the rest of the team again, and finally begin his grand quest to become the world's best boxer!

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv16
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- SAW (Cut)
- KNIF (Fury Cutter)
- MESS (Fury Attack)
[Rival Solo: Completed]

Fork is a fucking beast now! KNIF is just as useful on her as it was on Zenda, and for defeating the Trashy Man singlehandedly, she gets this chapter's MVP award! Xiaojin Gym, beware! The wind of death whispers "FORK."

Lv14
Female
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

Stats went through this chapter what Adict did last chapter - She got the least action out of everyone, so needs to take the LVP title...

Lv16(?)
Female
- SHINE (Splash)
- PRIZE (Tackle)

Dicks still can't do much in battle yet, so I felt that the Daycare would be the best place for her until she grows a couple of levels. And she'd better do it quickly, because she needs to evolve & solo the 4th Gym!

Badges: 2
SCENES OF BLANK: 1 (Seriously - Why couldn't Adict have been a Cyndaquil?)

Chapter 10: MY SPUTA WILL FLOW DOWN - JB’s Grand Tour of Xiaojin
The next morning, JB began his day of sightseeing. The Bike Shop was in a rather secluded location at the bottom of an alley, but thankfully he had a rough idea of how to get there after seeing it from the Bazaar rooftop. Upon seeing a sign which read, “YOU CAN SLIDE FREELY EVERYWHERE WANT TO BUY BIKE, GO TO MIRACLE BIKE STORE,” JB knew he’d found the right place.

When he entered, the shopkeeper excitedly called him over.
”I GO TO XIAOJIN SPECIALLY THE BIKE ISN’T REALLY SOLDED HERE IS IT? YOU RIDE A BIKE TO ADVERTISE?”
JB couldn’t say no to a free bike, so he let the shopkeeper take down his name & number, and accepted the offer!
”FERLY THE FUNCTION OF THE BIKE IS GOOD.” The shopkeeper assured him. “IT CAN WALK ON ALL KINDS OF ROADS”
So, apparently these Miracle Bikes were also transformers who could slide & walk over roads? … JB couldn’t help but wonder what Johto’s laws regarding false advertising were like!

Next stop on JB’s list was the Xiaojin Game Corner. Despite the abundance of people who had “LOSED THE MACHINES” & blown all their money, this lively casino seemed like a great place to relax before he continued Fork’s pre-Gym training, so he bought a few Game Coins & sat down at a random machine. “CARD MACHINE,” it read.
The premise seemed simple enough – Guess the colour & number of the card you pick. JB didn’t think he’d get much out of it, but in fact, he ended up having the most insane streak of luck ever, going from 50 Coins to well over 1500 in only a few minutes! JB knew it was crazy, but it felt more like foresight to him than just luck… Still, he thought it best to hold off on becoming hooked on gambling until more important matters were taken care of, so he quit while he was ahead, and headed for the Radio Tower.

Outside the tower was a man JB thought he’d never see so soon after his time in the Well – A Missile Bomb member! Fearing that an invasion had taken place, he rushed inside! Everything seemed peaceful, however, so he concluded that even retarded criminals need a day off and began exploring.
On the ground floor, JB received a complimentary Radio Card for his Elf Gear, and chatted to a woman about her favourite radio show.
”SPEAK TO OJ, THINK OF THE SWEET SOUND MY SPUTA WILL FLOW DOWN.”
… “I-I’m sorry, what? Awww, come on! Is that really something you should be telling a total stranger? Dear God, woman!”
More than a little creeped out, JB rushed towards the next floor. Here, he met XIAOQIN, the hostess of some radio contest which distributes prizes every so often to the holder of the correct “PASSWARD.” She gave him an ANGERY Card so he could participate, but he doubted he would.
There seemed to be nobody else here, except for one guy who, due to the possibility to “LISTEN TO THE RADIO ANYWHERE!” was as excited as the girl downstairs, and the staircase to the next floor was being guarded by a man who claimed “THE DIRECTOR GENERAL IS FEELING STRANGE REALLY,” so JB felt he was just about done in there.

Next, he headed into the Xiaojin Underground. A woman at the entrance told him that there are “MANY STORIES UNDER THE GROUND, AND MANY COACHES,” as well as to “BE AFRAIDED OF APPROACHING THEM,” so he felt it’d be a perfect training ground.
The Coaches here used another few new Elfs JB hadn’t seen around here yet – An anthropomorphic pile of purple sludge named BADEB, CLO, a floating one-eyed magnet he knew as Magnemite back home, a HUGEBALL with eyes called BIYIL, and a massive pink humanoid with a tongue longer than itself known as BOLEL. The Badeb user was especially odd – He said in a creepy manner that he had “DISCOVERED AND EXPELED” the cheaters from this place, and complimented JB for being “OPEN AND ABOVEBOARD,” whatever that meant. JB had also spotted a door in the distance, but it was locked, with a sign on it reading “THE FRONT BANISH ENTRANCE,” so after facing all the Coaches, JB decided his work here was also done.

In the Underground, Stats had been charged with fighting the Badeps & Bolel, while Adict had the only attack capable of effectively damaging Clo, so after passing by what was apparently a Fortune Teller’s, who was capable of assessing & changing the names of captured Elfs, JB headed for the northernmost road to train Fork some more.
There were plenty more interesting opponents here, including a young exhibitionist with his apparent girlfriend who wanted to “LET HER SEE THE GOODS,” and another circus firebreather who was so bad at his job that he burnt the tip of his “NORSR,” who used an incredibly odd Elf which looked like a duck that had caught fire called 0FENB (Yes – A fucking zero!)
Fork had gained plenty more experience here, so JB made his way back to the Xiaojin Gym & read the sign out front.
”XIAOJIN CITY GYMNASIUM CURATOR, XIAOYU IS KNOWN AS”DANA DYNAMITE BEAUTY MISS.”
”Hot damn – She must be one Hell of a bombshell!” JB said to himself, but as he stepped forward, he was interrupted by a call from the Spiritful HILL MAN he met outside Join Cave.
He told JB something along the lines of him missing the chance to catch a wild Zhib because he was too busy ogling “SISTER,” and hung up … JB hoped to God that “Sister” didn’t mean the same thing here as it does in Unova, and went inside…

The first person JB saw in this flower maze was, once again, the Gym-spanning advice ninja.
”PUSH QUICK THE INTENDING CHAMPION!” He said as he greeted JB. “THE GYMNASIUM IS VERY REGULARTHERE IS MANY POCKER MONSTERS INSIDE. SINCE THIS IS A GAME WE WANT MULTI-STYLE MONSTERS DON’T YOU KNOW!”
This seemed less like advice and more like a misguided rant, so JB went to check out the Gym’s Coaches… And check them out he did!
There were babes here that JB had rarely seen the like of before. All clad in tight white tanktops & skirts so short they were almost illegal, with “come hither” eyes, and boobs so big & round that he’d probably get lost if he rested his head between them for too long… It wasn’t quite SPUTA, but something was definitely flowing down to somewhere!
He couldn’t deny that he was tempted. Despite their shared mental condition, he’d met far dumber girls in Unova. They would starve themselves to try to imitate the model, Elesa, paint themselves orange somehow, and pull faces that reminded JB of the 0FENB from earlier! Compared to such behaviour, the Johto Disease was definitely a non-issue! These beauties were still his opponents, though, so JB tried his best not to lose himself in his thoughts as he sent Fork out into battle.

The beauties seemed to prefer cuter Elfs, such as OUD, BLU, a cat-like creature called MIMI, and PUD - A balloon with eyes & limbs, and JB could’ve sworn it had a perm, too!
He was loving every second of these battles, and not just because Fork’s signature move, KNIF, cut through all of her opponents like butter.
After defeating her, one of them gave JB a look he felt could melt the ice around Kyurem’s wings, and even called him “DEAR!” JB was certainly caught off guard for a moment, but he still sensed an opportunity! He slicked his hair back, donned his best smile & his deepest voice, and spoke. “So - What do you like to do when you’re not working here?”
However, before she answered, Fork flew behind JB, and dragged him away, deeper into the Gym!
”Damn it! Put me down, Fork! … Put me down or I swear I’ll go right back to that Fortune Teller’s & rename you FORKBLOCK!”
Fork put him down only when she saw another coach. More specifically, a schoolgirl.
”… Ohhh, you are just the worst type of bug…”

Fork continued to blitz through the Gym until they had reached the Leader, DANA DYNAMITE BEAUTY MISS herself. Having seen the beauties around, JB couldn’t wait to see what she looked like… She was about 12! Despite his disappointment, he walked up to her & issued his challenge.
”YES. I’M YU.” She said, probably just to make sure everyone around her knew. “EVERYONE IS PLAYING THE POCKET MONSTER, SO AM I. IT IS VERY LOVELY! TRY IT? YOU PLAY IT VERY WELL.”
Xiaoyu led with PIP, which looked like a thinner, smaller-eyed version of Pud.
Fork attacked it with Knifs, doing progressively more damage each time, while Pip’s slapping attacks barely scratched her winged opponent. On her last turn, she used a strange attack called REFREC, for which she waggled her fingers, then suddenly tried a sliding kick on Fork, which, honestly, did even less damage! One more Knif, and Pip was down for the count.
Afterwards, Xiaoyu released a much larger Elf which looked like a masked cow, which, conveniently, was called MILK. This Elf seemed like a nasty opponent with a trick up her sleeve, but JB was confident Fork could handle it!
To JB’s surprise, the fat bovine outsped Fork, and used an attack called DITCH, for which she curled up into a ball & launched herself at her target … Fortunately, it missed, and Fork’s powered-up Knif had quite a considerable effect!
Milk used DITCH again, and did just as much damage back to Fork!
”Woah – Thank God she missed the first time!” JB thought. “If Fork had been hit twice, it would’ve all been over…”
JB was half right – One last Knif from the stab-happy hero of the day, and It was indeed all over!
With her Milk defeated… Xiaoyu burst into tears! ”YY? Y-?!Y?ZX! ??X!” she hollered! “NO!NO DRAW IT! IT IS EXCESSIVELY TOO!”
”What… The absolute fuck? Who the Hell hires a Gym Leader who acts like such a spoiled child?!”
JB turned to leave, but the schoolgirl guarding Xiaoyu assured him that “IT IS NOTHING SHE WON’T CRY AFTER A WHILE. SHE ALWAYS CRIES WHEN LOST OUT.”
”Pretty terrible habit for a League-assigned obstacle to have. She needs to get over that ASAP…” he thought.

JB hung around for a couple of minutes until she finally calmed down.
”PUT IT DOWN WHAT TO DO? OH THE BADGE.” She remembered. “SORRY TO HAVE FORGOTTEN IT. WANT TO GET A REGULARITY BADGE.” And with that, JB received the REGULARY BADGE!
”HOLDING THE BADGE WHEN NOT STRIKING, YOU CAN USE THE STUNT OF UMCOMMONLY FORCE THE SPEED OF POCKET MONSTER WILL BE FAST GIVE IT TO YOU AFTER A WHILE” she continued, before giving JB another Skil Machine.
”THERE IS SOME DIMNESS INSIDE. THE SKILL IS TO EXPERIENCE THE CHARM OF POCKET MONSTER. IT IS FIT TO ME?”

And so, after an eventful day of sightseeing, and with his 3rd Badge in the bag, JB marched confidently out of the Xiaojin Gym to continue his quest. However, when on his way back to the Monster Centre, his face fell…
”Aw, crap! I forgot to get that girl’s number!”
He turned & rushed back in the direction of the Gym, but once again, Fork grabbed him & dragged him away.
”DAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOU!!”

Team Summary:

Lv20
Male
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- FLAME (Water Gun)

The crocodile you hope you'll never run into at the bus stop was integral to the Underground battles due to his type coverage, but of course, the glory for this chapter had to go to someone else...

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv17
Male
- PRIZE (Tackle)
- CRY(Supersonic)
- HIT (Comet Punch)
- COOLHIT (Ice Punch)
[Fighting-types Solo'd: 1/25]

He got a bit of action, but sadly no Fighting types showed up in this chapter. There'd better be plenty near the next city!

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv20
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- SAW (Cut)
- KNIF (Fury Cutter)
- PIN (Twinneedle)
[Gym Solo: Completed]

Well, she did it! She solo'd the 3rd Gym! Although despite all the Zubats I had her kill, she didn't outspeed that damn Miltank as I'd hoped she would, so thank all of the Gods Rollout missed that first time!
Still, despite being slower than a cow, she easily gets the MVP award this time! Hail Fork(block)! God of Bugs!

Lv16
Female
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

Stats did what she does best & took out the poisonous Elfs while hoping to satisfy her masochism...

Lv16(?)
Female
- SHINE (Splash)
- PRIZE (Tackle)

LVP - Still in the Daycare. I'll be picking her up (and probably evolving her) next chapter, though, so watch out for that!

Badges: 3
SCENES OF BLANK: 1 (I swear, every Scyther I run into in this game will be decimated in the most horrible manner!)

BONUS:
JB’s Top 5 Handbook Entries - #1!
*This music begins to play*

Hello, friends! Y’know, I’ve seen so many hilarious things in the world of Johto that I can’t fit nearly as much as I would like into the story, and that makes me sad.

So, for now, and every 10 Chapters after this, I decided to set this little bonus feature aside for part of the game which I’d neglected to mention – The Pokedex (or rather, Illustrated Handbook) entries. From the 20 or so I’ve seen so far, here are my top 5, in no particular order:

(Beedrill)
FORK
BEE
TALL: 8.0m
WEI999.4kg
“? TO STAB THE RIVAL TO DEATH ENEN IT IS STRONG.

(Onix)
YIHE
SNAK
TALL: 8.8m
WEI210.0kg
?ABSORB HARD THING WHILE GOING, TO MAKE HARD BODYS.

(Snubbull)
BLU
ELF
TALL: .6m
WEIGH7.8kg
?MAKE NO SOUD TO HIDE ITS FEARNESS.

(Teddiursa)
BEAR
BEA
TALL: 0.6m
WEIGH8.8kg
?ALWAYS LICK HONEY, PALM IS FULL OF HONEY.

(Drowzee)
SWAB
HYPN
TALL: 1.0m
WEIGH32.4kg
?KNOWING ANYBODY, ANYWHERE TO DREAM WHAT, BY SNIFFING.

If you can make sense of half of these, you’ll be as great as OUJIDE DR. one day!

Well, that’s all for now. See you again soon!
*cheesy waving through non-existent credits*

Chapter 11: OLDEN-TORTOISE WATER-POT – The Birth of a Titan
The next day, JB celebrated his victory against Xiaoyu by heading back to the Game Corner & once again trying his luck with the Card Machines. The incredible foresight he’d had before was still with him, it seemed, as it was only a matter of time until he had increased his coin collection to well over 5,000, so he figured he should collect a prize. There were some items & Elfs up for grabs, but it was the Skill Machines that really caught JB’s eye! ELE-HIT, WAVE, and SMOK were apparently ridiculously powerful Elemental attacks, and after much thought, he decided to go with the power of Fire, and bought a SMOK machine.

You’re welcome…” said an eerie, ominous voice. “Use it wisely…

JB was completely taken aback! He had certainly figured there was more to his insane winning streak than sheer luck, but he still had no idea what was happening! He felt as if the voice was speaking to him from directly inside his head, much like in a scene from a bad Sci-Fi flick, but where was it coming from? How could it possibly have been the source of his gambling success?
Most importantly, how the Hell was it speaking to him in proper English?!

He walked slowly towards the exit, looking all around him as he went, and slowly proceeded through the door. With a deep breath, JB decided the wisest move would be to put the voice to the back of his mind as best he could, and just continue on his journey. He was sure the mystery would unravel itself eventually…
He headed back to the Bazaar & bought a LIGHHIT for Punch, as well as some drinks from the vending machines, before making his way south to the Daycare, where he knew a certain fish was eagerly awaiting him!

WE ARE GENIUS TO LOOK YOUR DICKS?” The old man said upon JB’s arrival.
“YOUR DICKS GROWS MUCH LEVEL NEAR TO 3. EXCHANGE ELF NEED 400 DOLLARS.”
”Awesome! – Thank you so much!” JB replied, as he handed over the paltry sum & went into the garden. As soon as the door opened, Dicks leapt straight into JB’s arms! She was clearly far more energetic than before, which was a fantastic sign.

And so, with his party back together, JB headed North towards the next city!

He didn’t get that far, though. Blocking the only path he could find was a strange tree. He tried ordering Fork to use SAW, but her attack barely scratched it! At that point, the girl behind him started speaking.
”I AM SHAQI OF FLOWER STORE, COME ON, COME ON!” she shouted. “WATER THE MOVING TREE, IT’S FRIGHTENED TO JUMP. IT’S MONSTER CERTAINLY”
”Wait.” JB interrupted. “You’re saying this tree’s a monster? How’s that possible?”
”WATER IT, IT WILL BE FRIGHTED, AND COMES BACK” she continued, seemingly ignoring him. “ITS ANTETYPE, YES! TALK THIS TO ELDER SISTER, AND BORROW HER POT!” She then headed back towards Xiaojin.
JB followed suit. He didn’t know where this “Flower Shop” was, so he could only try the houses he hadn’t yet visited, and hope for the best. There were only two of those, and at the first house he tried, some kid gave him the number for “ZHENFEN,” a name he recognised from the PCs. The last house on the other side of town must have been the place. Time for JB to borrow this older sister’s POT! He knew by now that this probably wouldn’t mean what he initially thought, but a man can dream!

As expected, inside this last house was almost as many flowers as in the Gym (JB wondered if there was a sponsorship deal going on there), and a lone woman. JB told her about the odd tree & asked if she could help.
”YOU ARE MORE FEARFUL THAN MSR YU.” She responded. “THEN IT IS NOTHING THE OLDEN-TORTOISE POT IS BELONDED TO YOU.”
With that she handed him what looked like a watering can.
With the can in his arsenal, JB went back to the Tree, and threw the water inside over it. Sure enough, it turned around to reveal its face and attack!

”WILD HUSHU JUMP OUT!”
This strange Rock Elf proved a semi-challenging opponent, but after a couple of COOLHITs from Punch, it was worn down enough for capture. One HUGEBALL later, and Hushu was caught!
With Hushu’s path no longer obstructed, JB headed further north, defeated a couple more coaches, and arrived in YUANZHU CITY, which apparently “UNITES THE PAST AND THE MODERN.”

Upon arriving, the first thing JB saw was the Gym, but he knew that most of his team needed to catch up with Fork & Adict, so he decided to head there later. In one of the nearby houses, JB was given something called SPEED, which looked a lot like a Dowsing MCHN, so probably had the same purpose.
”THE PROP IS LOST EVERYWHERE, USE ILLUME IMPLEMENT TO FIND THE LOST PROP AROUND, DON’T KNOW WHERE YOU LOSE, YOU FIND IT YOURSELF.” he said “YES, IT’S SAID THAT THERE WERE TREASURES IN THE BURNT TOWER AT YUANZHU.”

“The Burnt Tower, eh?” Upon exiting the house, the charred ruins of a tower at the edge of town were indeed the first thing he spotted! With his new treasure detector, he made his way there.

“Not yet… Go into the mountain first…”
The mysterious voice spoke to JB again! He certainly didn’t trust the voice, but he had no reason to believe it meant him any harm, so he looked around for this mountain it spoke of, and found it looming to the east.
He crossed the gate, where the guard warned him, “YOU ARE EASILY LOST IN YANBO MOUNTAIN,” and entered the mountain cave.
The first thing he saw was a WANLI, a humanoid Fighting-type Elf the Hill Man had used! Upon hearing its battle cry, Punch burst out of his Basin & raised his 6 fists. Punch almost looked like he had some Training Montage music playing in his head as he threw fast & icy punches his opponent’s way, and it didn’t take any more than 3 hits for the imaginary Knockout Bell inside Punch’s head to ring!
”Ah, I see… The voice must’ve led me here because it was the best place to train you guys…” JB concluded. As Punch took on more wild Wanlis, JB sent out Dicks to combat the interrupting Camls and Zhibs. After beating a couple more Wanlis, Punch started glowing! However, he immediately stopped.

“Punch, what gives?” JB asked. “Don’t you think you’re ready?”
Punch shook his head. It seemed he wanted to hone his boxing skills against many more opponents before he evolved. JB sighed & left him to it, and decided to check up on Dicks.
She had dispatched quite a few intruders, but she was clearly fatigued, so JB gave her another 50P Drug, and she continued to valiantly safeguard her companion during his matches.

*Obvious Training Montage Music*
After a while, Punch had found & defeated a total of 10 Wanlis, and JB’s Elf Gear beeped, displaying the message “ELF? AS DICKS!”

JB was ecstatic as Dicks’s shape started changing! The wild Elfs ran to hide as the entire cave began to rumble, as if quaking in fear! Dicks rapidly grew in size & strength until, with a mighty roar, her transformation was complete, and the little red fish had been completely replaced by a ferocious sea dragon! For a few moments, the beast eyed JB like her next meal… before letting out what seemed like a chuckle & patting him on the head with her tail.
”CONGRAT! DICKS ENVOLVE JINDE!”

”Excellent…” stated a familiar voice. “Your power has grown tremendously… Come to the Burned Tower…”

JB took the voice’s appearance here as a sign that SMOK, the powerful Fire attack he acquired, should be taught to Dicks. He also taught her a headbutting attack called HIT (not to be confused with Punch’s HIT), and proceeded to leave the cave. As they headed for the exit, two more Wanlis slowly stepped out of their hiding places, and Punch quickly disposed of them!
JB felt bad about forcing Punch to leave while he was still itching to fight, but they’d just have to come back later… It was time to check out this BURNT TOWER and find out what the Hell had been going on!

Team Summary:

Lv20
Male
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- FLAME (Water Gun)

While he was warming the bench for most of this chapter, I think I used him once or twice...

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv19
Male
- LIGHHIT (ThunderPunch)
- CRY(Supersonic)
- HIT (Comet Punch)
- COOLHIT (Ice Punch)
[Fighting-types Solo'd: 13/25]

The MVP for this Chapter - Because with all the wild Fighting-types around, he pretty much had to be! The way things are going, though, he'll be ready to evolve within the next couple of chapters.

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv20
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- SAW (Cut)
- KNIF (Fury Cutter)
- PIN (Twinneedle)

Sadly, I think Fork's glory days are going to be few & far between until we reach the Elite Four... She didn't really get the chance to fight this chapter, so she had to take a back seat as well as the LVP award.

Lv16
Female
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

No Poison for her, but there were a couple of Burn chances that never happened...

DICKS the JINDE (Gyarados)
Lv20
Female
- SHINE (Splash)
- HIT (Headbutt)
- STARE (Bite)
- SMOK (Fire Blast)

Well, it's finally happened - Dicks has swam upstream to become the Dragon she was born to be! With her new powerful Headbutt, Bite, and Fire Blast (which she definitely got through the mysterious voice showing JB the future & totally not through Save State abuse! :D), and the powerful Water attack we all know she's going to get next chapter, her Passenger days are truly over!

SCENES OF BLANK: 1 (One green menace, sitting in the Gym. One green menace, sitting in the Gym...)

Chapter 12: MONSTER AT FULL SPLIT – Whisper of the North Winds
Upon leaving Yanbo Mountain, JB headed to Yuanzhu City’s Monster Centre. However, when he arrived, someone else was actually being served! JB went to ask the man how long he’d be.
“HEY, ZHENFEN, YOU ARE?” he said, probably trying to introduce himself.
“Um, no, I’m not.” JB responded. “I’m JB. So are you Zhenfen?”
He nodded. Naturally, JB had a hard time believing this was the guy who developed Johto’s region-wide, albeit primitive, PC Storage system. He was even more out of it than Dr. Wu!
“ER, COME TO A FINE PLACE. JUST ADJUST THE TIME EQUIPMENT, YOU SHOULD KNOW.” Zhenfen continued. “THE MONSTER MAY BE EXCHANGED, MAYBE DO SO FOR EXCHANGING WITH THE PAST MAN, BUT THE PAST MAN DIDN’T UNDERSTAND THAT THE THING COULDN’T BE SENT THEN PUT THE COMPUTER AWAY. YES, THE PAST MAN DIDN’T KNOW THE COMPUTER THIS ISN’T RIGHT”
“Yes, JB!” He thought to himself as Zhenfen spoke. “This guy has indeed been tripping Berries & travelling through time…”
EACTLY, NEW STUNT CANN’T USE THE TIME EQUIPMENT TO HAVE A MESSAGE EXCHANGE, THE ASPECT HAS BEEN ADJUSTED WELL, UP TO TOMORROW, ALL THE MONSTER CENTRE COUNTRYWIDEWILLUSETHE TIME EQUIPMENT. THEN I WILL GO BACK TO XIAOJIN, TO GIVE PRESENTS NOW AND THEN, BYE!”

And with that, he stumbled out of the door.
“… Time equipment? The Past Man? Message Exchange? Yep! Johto has finally produced a complete, 100% Stoner Stereotype!”
JB healed his party, had a brief chat with the guy next to him about the “ANGRY LAKE,” and headed for the tower.

He couldn’t have been in the door for more than 5 seconds before he was cornered by a man dressed in a bright purple tuxedo & a flowing white cape!
“Um, I’m sorry man, but I don’t swi--“

The stranger cut him off, and introduced himself as MEINAJI
“I AM FINDING THE WATER ARMY ARE YOU? IT IS SAID THAT THERE ARE WATER ARMY IN BURNED TOWER IS IT TRUE?”
“Uh… Sure.” JB responded, hoping that would stop him staring so intently. Sure enough, he smiled excitedly & let JB go. Although a few seconds later, he ran into another equally fabulous gentleman. No cape this time, but he wore a very questionable purple headband over his platinum blond hair!
“THE HEAD TO AID THE GYMNASIUM SAID WE WOULD STUDY THE LEGENDARY A’EN AND MONSTER AT FULL SPLIT. OR ELSE, THERE IS NOTHING. MEINAJI HEARD OF THERE. WISH YOU WERE TOGETHERUS WITH US TO INVESTIGATE THE TOWER.”
“Man, I think this town’s citizens are the freakiest yet… OK – I think they’re searching for something, but their investigation has proven fruitless. Maybe that has something to do with why I was called here…”

JB decided to help investigate the remains of the tower, but all he could seem to find were wild Camls, the occasional Deji… and one Meth!
“I HEARD YOU WERE SLEEPING THERE.”
“Well then, Meth, you’ve clearly never slept in your life, or you’d know that walking is something different…”
“THE LEGENDARY MONSTER LOOKED FOR YOU SPECIALLY HOW THAT MONSTER MIGHT EXIST!”
“The Legendary Monster…?” It was as good an explanation as any for the voice JB had been hearing lately. “If Meth is telling the truth,” he thought, “he’s finally said something of relevance!”
“I CAME THERE FOR YOU SPECIALLY, DON’T SAY SO! DON’T USE THE METHOD.”
“Aaaand he’s back to normal! Seems I won’t find anything else out until you stop bothering me, so… Go, Dicks!”

Meth staggered back from JB’s ferocious serpent, and in a poorly-disguised state of panic, sent out his first monster, FANT.
FANT looked a lot like GES, but with a more jagged body shape & two massive floating hands. Clearly, his Ges had evolved into even more of a pain!
Dicks attacked with STARE, somehow tearing away at the spirit with her furious jaws! After regaining its focus, Fant was then commanded to use a move called SQUA… Fant impaled itself in whatever passed for its heart… and fell to the ground, finished!
“W-What?! Did you just order your Elf to knock itself out?! How big of an idiot are y--” JB shut up immediately once he noticed that Dicks was now engulfed in an ominous black aura! Meth let out one of his trademark arrogant chuckles & sent out his next Elf, a CLO.
JB concluded it wasn’t safe to keep Dicks out with this black mist around her, so he switched her out & let Stats take this one! Her MAJUSs, powerful as they were, were resisted by Clo’s Steel-clad body. Or at least, 3 of them were. The fourth one sent the magnet flying, before it crashed to the ground!
Meth brought in his Zhib, and JB switched Dicks back in, relieved to find that her aura had gone. The two Elfs had a STAREing contest (in which they bit each other to death), which Dicks easily won!
Finally, Meth sent out his final monster, Beil, which Fork Knif’d into oblivion just like before, and the match was over!
“HATE TO FIGHT WITH THE WEAKERS. FORGET IT!” Seems the idiot lost his temper along with the match once again! JB prepared himself, wishing he had some popcorn. However, as if to interrupt Meth’s inevitable rant, the tower quaked, and JB fell through the floor!

JB was beginning to think he had dormant feline DNA, as he once again managed to avoid serious injury by landing on his feet! Looking above, he could see Meth just standing there, looking incredibly confused.
“ER WHICH HOLE? WHAT DROPED?”
Of course, there was only one hole, so JB concluded he was seeing double, or something, and shifted his concentration to the cave he’d fallen into. It was mostly empty, but directly in front of him was a truly magnificent sight!

He was faced with three quadrupedal beasts, radiating unimaginable power! The first took the form of a great yellow tiger, with what resembled thunderclouds on its back! The second sported flaming red fur, terrifying claws, and what looked like a white handlebar moustache!
The last of the three was bright blue, with a flowing lilac mane which appeared to dance like clouds in a gentle breeze. While it appeared to lack the ferocity of its brethren, it was infinitely more graceful…

They appeared to be sleeping, so JB crept closer to them & took out his Illustrated Handbook. However, before he had a chance to scan them, they instantly sprang to life!
The three elemental emissaries immediately leapt into action & excitedly ran circles around him. JB knew he wasn’t able to take all three of them on at once, so he closed his eyes, preparing for the worst… After a few moments, nothing had happened, so he opened them again. With that, the Fire & Thunder creatures ran out of the cave and into the world beyond. Only the third, the emissary of wind & water, remained in front of him…

“You came… JB…”

“That voice… That was you?”
”Yes… I am the one who led you here… I do apologise for invading your mind, but I could devise no other way…”

“So, why did you call me here? Who are you? And how are you able to spe--“
”I am afraid I do not have the time to answer those questions here…”
”Oh, come on! You’d have plenty of time if you didn’t speak so damn slowly!
”Do you want my help… or not?”

“Your help? With what?”
”Your allies number only 5, do they not? … I led you here because I have a test for you, which will lead you to the one who will take that empty spot on your belt… Like your other allies, he will be different from the rest of his kind…”

“OK… So where can I find him?”
“In the very first cave you entered, there is a vast body of water deep below the surface… Sail to the other side, and you will find him… Once you have helped him unlock his true potential, we shall meet again…”

With that, the Legendary Monster left JB and bolted out of the cave!
Literally a moment later, Meinaji, the self-proclaimed King of Purple, rushed in.

“US HOW I DIG A HOLE TO GO INTO I AM FRIGHTENED! IN THE FRONT THERE AREA STRONG STRENGTH SUDDENLY A’EN APPEARS.”
A’En? A’En must be the name they gave the blue beast… JB should’ve figured that was what this guy was looking for. He was even dressed like its long lost son!
”I HAVE FOUND HIM TEN YEARS ANE FOUND IN THE END, IT’S EXITED. THANKS TO JB, THANK YOU!”
”Um… You’re welcome…” JB replied.
”I WILL TRACK DOWN A’EN THEN JB, BYE!”

JB left the Tower far more confused than when he entered. He still had no idea what this A’En creature wanted from him, nor how he’d be able to cross the water to reach the place he was told about!
While wandering around trying to make sense of it all, a nearby and well-decorated sign caught his eye.
”YUANZHU DANCE HALL IS CALLED” SONG AND DANCE HALL”” he read.

An old man, who JB was sure had been staring into the window the whole time, saw him reading the sign & spoke to him.
“OH YOU HAVE LEARNED DANCE FROM MISS WU. IF YOU GO TO DANCE HALL NOW, A STRANGE BOSS’LL GIVE YOU GOOD THING.”

JB figured it couldn’t hurt to find out what this “good thing” was, so he thanked the old creep and stepped inside, ready to dance!

Team Summary:

Lv20
Male
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- FLAME (Water Gun)

While he was warming the bench for most of this chapter, I think I used him once or twice. (I didn't even have to change the comment this chapter!)

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv19
Male
- LIGHHIT (ThunderPunch)
- CRY(Supersonic)
- HIT (Comet Punch)
- COOLHIT (Ice Punch)

Sadly, it seems that wild Machop are only around during daylight hours, so Punch got to do literally nothing this chapter. Sorry, lil LVP...

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv20
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- SAW (Cut)
- KNIF (Fury Cutter)
- PIN (Twinneedle)

She killed Meth's Bayleef again. That was pretty cool.

Lv17
Female
- STONE (Dig)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

Kinda wish I'd remembered I had Dig before battling Magnemite, but still, Swift proved too much for the magnet in repeated doses.

Lv20
Female
- SHINE (Splash)
- HIT (Headbutt)
- STARE (Bite)
- SMOK (Fire Blast)

The only real fight this chapter was against Meth, and for defeating 2 of his pokemon, I guess Dicks takes the MVP title this time...

SCENES OF BLANK: 1 (How would Meth feel knowing the one who bests him every time was once bested by a purple haired child?)

Chapter 13: THE CHARIMATIC COACH – Invisible Floors & Magical Brushes
JB spent quite some time watching the dancers, until another patron tapped him on the shoulder.
”THAT UNCLE IS IN COMPANY WITH RACING CAR.” He said, directing JB to the sharply dressed gentleman in the back row. JB instantly remembered the “STRANGE BOSS” the old man mentioned, and figured that was probably him. He went over & talked to the racing car salesman.
”NOT ONLY MISS WUZI’S DANCE LOOKS IS GOOD, BUT ALSO THE MONSTER IS STRONG.” He exclaimed. “IF YOU WIN ALL THT DANCE GIRLS, I WILL AWARD YOU THE THING GOOD.”
JB’s hunch was correct! With that, he hopped up onto the stage & assumed his battle stance!

The dancers fought with what appeared to be different coloured versions of the same fox-like Elf. There was HUSI, whose yellow mane looked like fire engulfing its body, KEFE, with bright pink fur & an aura of enlightenment, the blue, amphibious LINLI, the deep black HULA, and SANDI, with needle-like strands of yellow fur.
Dicks & Adict easily defeated most of them, except for the Electric type, SANDI, who was mauled by Stats.
After his unanimous victory, JB went back to the Gentleman.
“YOUR MONSTER’S FIGHTING SHAPE LOOKS DANCING. YOU LET ME ENJOY THE GOOD THING. THIS IS A MERE TRIFLE. NEVER MIND, ACCEPT IT.” The excited car salesman then handed JB another Secret Machine!
“THAT IS CALLED SURFING,” He explained. “THE STUNT GLIDING ALONG WITH WAVE ON THE WATER.”
Surfing?! JB was ecstatic! With this, he could cross the water & visit the secret area A’En mentioned! He looked at the machine’s inscription, “WA-GUN.”
”OK – This is called WA-GUN, but the actual move Water Gun is called FLAME?! Seriously – How does this happen?”
However, deciding to let it go, he taught the powerful Water move to both Adict and Dicks, and with this new power, escorted Dicks to her next arena, the Yuanzhu Gymnasium!

Despite hearing that “CURATOR SONGYE IS THE MASTER OF CLAIRVOYANCE,” JB entered with complete confidence in his serpentine companion!
The coaches inside were either monks, and old women resembling stereotypical witches… Although, they could have been witches, since it appeared they were floating above a great black void!
JB wondered if the advice ninja knew anything about this…
”THE COACHES THERE HAVE THEIR SECRET AIM, TO CULTIVATE THEMSELVES ENDLESSLY, IF WIN, HE MAY GAIN THE SECRET ABOUT AID.”
… Obviously not.
JB decided to just wing it, so he took his first step into the void… To his surprise, he appeared to be floating too! He challenged the first monk he found, who used 5 rather weak Ges’s. Dicks took each one out with a single STARE, and JB took another step forward... This time, however, he did not float!
Upon seeing him hanging on for dear life, one of the old women rushed over & pulled him up.
”W-What is this?!” JB asked her.
“DON’T BE AT A LOSS ON THE INVISIBLE FLOOR” she replied. “TELL YOU THE GOOD NESW IF WIN”
“Wait, you only tell challengers the secret which would easily save their lives if they beat you?! You have serious issues, lady!”
Dicks effortlessly took out her two Fants, so she spoke up.
“DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS INVISIBLE PLEASURE? I TELL YOU, IT’S JUST BEFORE US, THERE IS A ROAD THAT SIDE.”
“I get it…” JB thought. “You & your colleagues are positioned along the path. Thanks!”

So, JB carefully made his way to every coach in the building, with Dicks obliterating Ges’s and Fants as they went, until at last, they were face to face with Songye… Who turned out to be Meinaji’s blond sidekick from the Burned Tower!
“YOU HAVE COME.” He said, ominously. “IN THE PAST GOD WAITED THE MONSTER. IT’S SAID THEREWAS A RISED MONSTE FLEW TO FALL DOWNTHE FRONT OF THE CHARIMATIC COACH. I BELIEVE THIS FINE LEGEND. FROM MY BIRTH I CULTIVATED MYSELF ACCORDING TO RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE SECRETLY THERE. THANKS TO THIS, I CAN SEE THE THING OTHERS CAN’T.”
“Damn cultists…” JB muttered.
”WAIT A MOMENT. YOU CAN SEE THE RAINBOW MONSTER. AS IF SEE THE FUURE, FOR THIS I WILL CULTIVATE MYSELF. DO YOU COME TO HELP ME?”
”If by “help,” you mean “knock some sense into you,” then yes. Now let’s do this!”

Dicks began by scoring a HIT TO KEY on Songye’s Ges, knocking it out instantly!
Next, she tried to drown his Fant with WA-GUN, but it survived & attacked with a ghostly energy known as FLASH. It didn’t do much damage, though, and Fant was quickly finished with a STARE.
Songye grunted, and sent out his next Elf, QUAR. Quar looked like a Fant which had evolved a complete body, and a complete set of teeth. JB knew this could be troublesome!
For the first time in this Gym, Dicks was outsped, and Songye plotted to take full advantage of this with SPEC! Thankfully, it missed, and Dicks was able to do moderate damage with WA-GUN. Quar then gave Dicks a frightening stare, which the Elf Gear called MILK, and warned JB that Dicks “CAN’T ESCAPE.” Not that she was going to, anyway!
One more WA-GUN put Quar into critical condition, so Songye ordered one last SPEC, which missed again, and one final STARE ensured the spirit’s demise!
However, there was still one Fant left to go, which survived one WA-GUN and retaliated with MILK. JB had won, but he wanted to do so in a furious blaze of glory, so he told Dicks to finish the match with her final attack, SMOK! Upon those words, a marvellous burst of flame shot out from her mouth and reduced Fant to ashes!

“KNOWING YOU NOT ENOUGH, GIVE YOU THIS BADGE.” Songye stated, before handing the victor the ILLUSORY BADGE.
“ONLY HOLD THIS BADGE, THEN ALL THE MONSTERS UNDER 50 LEVEL WILL FOLLOW YOU, SURFING, OR STUNT ALL CAN BE LEARNED AND THIS FOR YOU,” he continued, handing JB another Skill Machine.
“THERE IS A SHADOW BALL, NOT ONLY CAN ATTACK, BUT DEFEND, IT’S SCARCE, IF LIKE, USE IT.”
“Thanks, man.” JB responded. “And, um, good luck with your…cultivation.”
He turned to leave, but Songye wanted to speak with him further.
“YES, YOU HAS GONE MAN PLACES TO EXPLORE, SEEN MANY THINGS I CANN’T. TOO ADMIRE YOU…”
“Yeah, thanks.” With that, since JB no longer needed Dicks to battle, he made her lie down over the length of the pit so he could walk across to the exit, and consequently, after buying some apparently useful SUPPBALs, journey back to the bottom level of Join Cave!

“Alright - This must be the place A’En was talking about! Adict, Dicks may be too big for this pool, so take us across!”
JB jumped on the crocodile’s back, who, taking care not to drop his Sunston, swam to the other side of the cave. When they docked, JB battled a few Hill Men, which was interesting because it turned out that in Johto, the evolution of SICIB has the exact same name as Golbat – GELU!
As JB pondered over how confusing that fact could truly be, the exit came into view. When he stepped outside, he found himself back at the Libyan Relic!
He was interested to see which wild Elfs other than Annan roam the place, so after battling a coach (who seriously must have been waiting there in ambush) and his strange two-headed giraffe, KYLI, he ventured into the nearby patch of CAOCUN.

There was an abundance of tiny green birds named NADI, but they didn’t impress JB in the slightest! However, after an amount of time it should not take to thoroughly search a patch of grass so small, his eyes were drawn to a very different creature.
“WILD DEFU JUMP OUT.”
Defu was by far one of the oddest monsters JB had seen yet! An accurate description would be a small, bipedal beagle wearing a beret, who handled its tail like a brush. To top it all off, the tail was even secreting some kind of naturally produced paint...
Instead of confronting JB upon seeing him, however, this Defu appeared to be wandering around in a daze. JB decided to keep an eye on it as it explored its territory, until it soon lay down for a nap. JB wanted to wait for it to wake up, but after a few minutes, he became impatient & sent out Fork. A gentle jab from her stinger woke the sleeping daydreamer, and the battle began!

Fork was ordered to use PIN, unleashing two mighty needles from its stinger in Defu’s direction, which immediately did serious damage. In retaliation, Defu raised its tail and begin doodling in thin air. JB thought the poor thing may still have been in a trance, but according to the Elf Gear, it was a move called STRUG.
JB had no idea what that was supposed to do, but he told Fork to use PIN once more, which brought Defu into critical condition. Defu then held up its tail again and retaliated with… PIN! Two needles identical to the ones it was just hit with shot from its tail!
“D-Did that thing learn Fork’s attack after just seeing it once?! … Yeah – It may be weak, but this is definitely the creature with hidden potential A’En wanted me to find!”
JB needed no further incentive! After firing off 3 SUPPBALs, Defu was caught! Given his foolish tendency to drift off, JB named the artist “FOOL.” He then caught a NADI for good measure, and entered the chamber behind him.

The chamber was almost identical to the one from before, with only some moveable tiles and a hieroglyphic message on the back wall... The message read “HOUOU.”
JB figured it may have something to do with the nearby tile puzzle, so he went to solve it. Despite it being considerably more difficult than the last one, he eventually arranged the pieces into the shape of a mighty phoenix!
“Maybe Houou is this thing’s name…” he thought, before once again, the ground disappeared behind him!
He had once again, landing on his feet, fallen into the Relic basement. There were now a few different Annans floating about, including ones representing F and D, but JB didn’t really have enough SUPPBALs for a mass collecting session, so he left & headed back to the Yuanzhu Monster Centre.
The next steps of his journey were only going to become more difficult from here, so JB’s 6 chosen Elfs, especially Fool, needed to be put through some intense training before he headed for the next town. With that in mind, they all headed back to Yanbo Mountain!

Team Summary:

Lv22
Male
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- WA-GUN (Surf)

Dicks was the main hero this chapter, but Adict was her faithful dance partner, so that's also deserving of merit!

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv20
Male
- LIGHHIT (ThunderPunch)
- CRY(Supersonic)
- HIT (Comet Punch)
- COOLHIT (Ice Punch)

You'd have thought those Hill Men would have had at least one Machop!
If Fool hadn't just been caught, Punch would've been LVP for sure.

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv20
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- SAW (Cut)
- KNIF (Fury Cutter)
- PIN (Twinneedle)

She was integral to both catching Fool and giving him the only attack he's allowed to use until we reach the next Gym, so hats off for that.

Lv18
Female
- STONE (Dig)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

I don't think either Adict or Dicks would have bested the dancer's Jolteon, so it was good to have her around this chapter.

Lv26
Female
- WA-GUN (Surf)
- HIT (Headbutt)
- STARE (Bite)
- SMOK (Fire Blast)

When there's somethin' strange, in your neighbourhood,
Who ya gonna call? DICKS!
And rightly so! Her impressive Soloing of the Ghost Gym nets her this chapter's MVP award!

FOOL the DEFU (Smeargle)
Lv20
Male
- PIN (Twinneedle)

God, this guy is gonna be a nightmare... Especially considering he can only learn Hypnosis from Chuck's Poliwrath! :/
Luckily, he learns Sketch next at Lv21, instead of Lv20, as I initially thought, so at least he won't be stuck for 10 levels with only Fork's Twinneedle...
I guess he technically gets LVP, too, since I just caught him.

Badges: 4
SCENES OF BLANK: 1 (Trying to defeat Bugsy with Fork alone... Perhaps back then, I was the Fool...)

Chapter 14: MILK IS GOOD FOR HAIRDRESSING – Secret Training and Secret Drugs
JB explored every inch of the Mountain he could, as well as its alternate exits, battling every wild Elf and Coach he encountered along the way!

*Musical Interlude* (I’m becoming quite fond of these)

Eventually, Punch, Stats, and Fool had caught up to the rest of the team! However, JB had run into a problem with Fool. He had relearned his copying technique, STRUG, shortly after entering the mountain, but despite knowing only one attack, he refused to copy any opponent he faced! This infuriated JB, but A’En did warn him he was different from other Defu. Besides, there had to be at least a few moves which would inspire this picky little bastard!
Contrary to his new teammate, Punch’s ended up changing his moveset significantly, as he had now foregone COOLHIT for the damage-reducing techniques BLOC and SHELL. Unfortunately, there was still no sign of any wild WANLIs for Punch to take on, but JB felt he had already stayed in the mountain for far longer than necessary! So, after buying a new COOLHIT back in Xiaojin to teach to Adict, as well as a ton of vending machine drinks, he headed to the west of Yuanzhu and began his journey to the next town.

While battling the Coaches along this road, JB was given information about the “MILK OF FIELD,” which is “DRANK WELL, GAINS EVERYONE’S HIGH OPINION.” One woman even claimed that this milk was “GOOD FOR HAIRDRESSING!” In all honesty, JB had wondered what the funny smell she gave off was… While walking briskly away from this experimental beautician, he noticed a farm where MILKs were playing happily with each other, so he figured this must be where the MILK OF FIELD came from, and headed inside to buy some.
Upon entering, however, JB noticed that the MILK inside, named MAOMAO, looked incredibly poorly. The farmer advised him that he should “LET IT EAT MANY FRUITS,” so he took out a Sunston from his bag to feed to her, but Adict instantly burst out and gave him a horrified look!
“She’s sick, Adict! Let her have this one.”
JB continued to encourage MaoMao to take the fruit, but Adict sprang into action, and with a horrible war cry, proceeded to wrestle it from JB’s grip!
“No! Let go! Give it to MaoMao! We have 5 more!”
However, Adict just responded to JB’s commands by hissing, and showed no signs of giving up. After 5 minutes of wrestling, Adict bit JB, and placed the fruit he dropped back into his bag!
A look of sympathy, disappointment, and sheer anger filled JB’s eyes as he withdrew his first companion, apologised to the farmer & his children, and left.

Was Adict’s problem still so severe, or was JB just not as good an Elf Coach as he thought? He mulled over these thoughts he walked back towards the next town.
However, after arriving in “ZHAOMU CITY, THE NEAREST PORT CITY FROM FREMDNESS,” and spotting its Gym, he put those thoughts to one side & rushed for the entrance. Once they reached the door, Fool burst out & eyed the Gym expectantly! This was the first time JB had seen Fool show any signs of excitement or focus, so perhaps the techniques used by the Gym Leaders may be the key to motivating him!
He reached out for the handle, but it wouldn’t budge!
“What the Hell?! Why’s it locked?!”
At that moment, as if on cue, Meth stormed up to him!
“IT’S YOU, WHAT STANCE TO PUT? I DON’T COMPETE WITH YOU AS WEAK WORM. SPEAK TO WEAKNESS, THERE IS NO GYMNASIUM CURATOR.”
“Yeah, I kinda figured that out when I couldn’t open the door, smartass! Do you at least know where they are?”
“LAUGHABLE, A WEAK MONSTER, DON’T CONCERN ABOUT IT. IT CANN’T FIGHT, AND NO VALUE,” he replied, which seemed a bit off-topic.
“So… You’re saying they’re tending to a weak monster? Where are they?”
Meth nodded. “I THINK YOU GO TO THE BELL TOWER.” With that, he left.

JB was at least relieved that Meth didn’t want to fight this time, but what did he mean by the “Bell Tower?” He couldn’t mean the still-standing tower from the last city, surely, so he looked around for any building which could fit his vague description. The tallest building was easily the lighthouse, so he figured that was where to go. Before heading there, though, JB decided to leave his Elfs in the Monster Centre while he got a bite to eat at the nearby café.
“IN THE ZHAOMU EATERY, THERE ARE MANY CARTESTO MAKE THE MANKIND PLEASURE.” The creepy owner exclaimed.
“OK… Well I’ll have a bur--“ JB stopped in mid-sentence when he realised that he had no idea what names these people had given the food, so he pointed to one of the burger pictures on the menu, and the owner nodded.
While awaiting his burger, JB had a chat with a man in a sailor’s uniform.
“WHAT’S ABOUT? SO WEAK ELF. HOW TO DRIVE BIG ROCK? FORCE STUNT WITH IT!” He rudely stated, before forcing a Secret Machine into JB’s pocket.
“ON THE SEA, ONLY ME TO DEPEND ON, THIS IS MY STRENGTH’S PRIDE!”
JB thanked the boorish gentleman, ate his burger, and went back to collect his Elfs.
He figured that whatever this new move was, it was probably powerful, so he taught it to Adict, and after acquiring a “GOOD ROD” from a local fisherman, and receiving inside information from another that the sea is “VERY… VERY… WIDE!” they all headed to the lighthouse.

“THE LAMP DESK IS THE PLACE TO PRACTISE BUDDHISM. IT ISN’T EASY TO ASCEND.”
“More Buddhists? Really?” JB thought, as he was talking with this Sailor, or SEA MAN, as they preferred to be called. Afterwards, he just began climbing the stairs to the top. The lighthouse was absolutely brimming with Elf Coaches, who proved absolutely no challenge. However, a couple of Sea Men used Wanlis, so Punch was at least happy!
When they eventually reached the top, JB noticed a crying young woman comforting a large, yellow Elf, who appeared to be just as sick as MaoMao, if not more so.
“Um, excuse me.” JB asked. “Are you the, um, Curator for the Gym here?”
The girl nodded, introduced herself as MIHUI, and turned back to the sick Elf beside her. “THE MONSTER IS ILLUMINATING THE SEA LIGHT, BUT IT IS OFTEN USED UP AND MAY BE DYING,” she said through her tears.
“I’m so sorry…” JB responded. “Is there anything we can do?”
“IN THE SIDE OF THE SEA THERE IS A GOOD DRUGSHOP.” Mihui replied. “BUT I DON’T LEAVE XIAODENG… AH I HAVE A REQUEST DON’T YOU TAKE THE DRUG FOR ME?”
“Um, sure. I’ll find the place for you.” JB replied. After all, the reason he set out on this journey was that he couldn’t stand to see anything suffering like Xiaodeng was. Besides, it was clear that Mihui wouldn’t reopen the Gym until the poor bipedal sheep-thing was well again!

After a brief trip to the Monster Centre, JB let Dicks into the sea and got on her back. The giant serpent was able to cross the waves at breakneck speeds! Most of the swimming Coaches didn’t dare cross the path of JB’s serpent, and the few who did were quickly obliterated by the rest of his team!
After only a few minutes, an invitation to “SWIM TO TANPA,” and a delightful sea shanty about a “VOILENT STORM” & “A ARGENT MONSTER,” JB spotted an inhabited island and disembarked there.
The signpost read, “THERE IS DUANYE CITY, SURROUNDED BY WILD WAVE.” He figured this must be the place Mihui needed him to go to, so he took a look around. A girl in the Monster Centre asked him if he had met the “MONSTER MAD,” who apparently had a bunch of rare Elfs. His house was apparently just north of the centre, so he went to have a look.

Inside, a small boy was quivering in fear.
“WHAT IS THAT?” he asked JB while still shaking. “HE IS AS OLD AS YOU, WITH LONG HAIRS, HIS SIGHT POISONOUS.”
“Long hair …” The realisation soon hit JB! “Long, red hair?”
The child nodded. ”I HAVE ONE LEFT IN HAND HOW TO DO WHEN ATTACKED AGAIN? YOU LOOKS VERY STRONG, HELP ME KEEP IT FIRST.”
With that, the boy forced a basin into JB’s pocket, and thanked him. Inside was an Elf which looked like a worm hiding inside a rock, called POIT. It didn’t seem like a good team member, but he could at least keep it safe.
JB wandered around the island, disgusted that Meth would do such a thing, until he saw a sign saying “DUANYE DRUG OFFICE HAS CARVED OUT 500 YEARS MANY PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR DRUG”
“Oh great! Another one of these operations…”
When JB entered, he saw that the shopkeeper was indeed as shady as he’d expected. JB told him about Xiaodeng, and without saying a word, he slipped the “SECRET DRUG” into JB’s pocket.

With the “medicine” in hand, JB was ready to head back to Mihui & Xiaodeng. But first, he had an unlocked Gym to take on! From the window, JB noticed an abundance of Fighting types, so he brought out Punch, who was raring to go!

Team Summary:

Lv25
Male
- AWL (Strength)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- WA-GUN (Surf)

Despite being an utter bastard to that Miltank, Adict is going to come in very handy soon with his new HM.

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv26
Male
- LIGHHIT (ThunderPunch)
- CRY(Supersonic)
- BLOC (Reflect)
- SHELL (Light Screen)
[Fighting-types Solo'd: 15/25]

It's harder for him to fight with these new moves, as he now can't take on Ground-types at all, but I know this support set will be more useful in the long run!

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv25
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- SAW (Cut)
- KNIF (Fury Cutter)
- PIN (Twinneedle)

Like many of the others this chapter, she focused mainly on training and reliving past glories.

Lv24
Female
- STONE (Dig)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

The second highest amount of tedious battles were fought by her. She didn't do much besides train, but at least she's caught up with the team now!

Lv26
Female
- WA-GUN (Surf)
- HIT (Headbutt)
- STARE (Bite)
- SMOK (Fire Blast)

Dicks was so much further ahead of everyone else that she received no action this time, so she has to be LVP.

FOOL the DEFU (Smeargle)
Lv28
Male
- PIN (Twinneedle)
- STRUG (Sketch)

He had to do more grinding that anyone, as there's no way he'll even last a turn against Chuck otherwise...
Still, for defeating most of the Swimmers, even though he just had to, I shall award Fool the MVP award.

Badges: 4
SCENES OF BLANK: 1 (Maybe Meth robbed that kid for stronger pokemon to use against a Gym Leader that destroyed him once...)

Chater 15: ADICT USE THE FORCE - The Disaster Artist
As he was about to enter the Fighting Gym, JB was approached by a woman looking through the window. This wasn’t the first Peeping Tom in Johto he’d given the time of day to, though it was definitely the first Peeping Tina, so he let her speak. “ARE YOU FROM THAT SIDE OF SEA? IT’S HARD FOR YOU CERTAINLY. IF THE MONSTER LEARNS FLYING STUNT,YOU ARE EASY”
JB was caught a little off guard by somebody showing him sympathy right before calling him “easy,” but he decided to address these potential red flags once he learned more about this “flying stunt.” He was sure he’d need all the help he could get…
“IF NO GYMNASIUM, YOU’LL NOT USE.” she continued. “IF YOU WIN THE GYMNASIUM CURATOR OF THIS CITY, COME THERE AGAIN, GOOD THING FOR YOU”
He hoped this flying stunt was the only “good thing” Peeping Tina had in mind, and with Punch at his side, he stepped through the Gym door.

“ELF AND I AREL CLOSED FRIEDS, NONE CAN BREAK US” their first opponent bellowed. His apparent frying companion, an Elf named ZECUN, resembled a brown human torso with somewhat reptilian limbs, including long legs which seemed ideal for kicking. It looked powerful, but Bug-Eye of the Tiger was already playing in Punch’s head! His opponent was certainly tenacious, but in the end, Punch had proven that 6 arms were better than 2 legs.
After their victory, however, they were immediately cornered by another challenger. “OUR FIGHTERS ARE NOT TERRIBLE” he said in a depressingly self affirming manner before sending out another brown humanoid Elf. XIAHE, unlike Zecun, seemed more focused on punching than kicking. It was even wearing boxing gloves and what looked like a miniskirt. Creepy as it was, JB just wondered if this creature could be a distant relative of Scrafty, another clothes-wearing Fighting Elf he’d seen in the desert north of Castelia.
Punch was raring to go, but after JB saw Xiahe’s fist catching fire, he immediately switched him out & sent in Dicks for an instant win.

There were a couple more coaches up ahead for Punch to take on instead, but the massive boulders in their way proved troublesome. The Gym ceiling was too low for Fork or Punch to carry JB over, and he certainly couldn’t shift the rocks himself.
“Typical.” He thought. “The one time that advice ninja could actually be helpful, and he isn’t even here…” Fortunately, it wasn’t long before JB remembered the conversation he had with one of the Sea Men in Zhaomu City about the Stunt which could “DRIVE BIG ROCK,” and that it was probably the one he taught to Adict earlier, so he let Adict try.
”ADICT USE THE FORCE.”
JB’s first Elf easily moved the rocks out of the way, and with the next coach’s words, “CAN’T NAKE? SOLVED BY FIST!” Punch continued solving things with his own fists. With help from his new defence-boosting moves, and a couple of 50P Drugs, Punch dispatched the remaining coaches and their peculiar new Elfs, including a round, hairy pig called MONK, its evolution, SUMOY, and GELI, which was essentially a much larger Wanli with a belt.
With that, only the Curator was left…

“WELL, THAT MEANINGFUL’S COMES! I TELL YOU I AM VERY STRONG. THE EXPECTED MONSTER MAY WRECK THE ROCK! ALL TO PIECES LOOK AT IT PLEASE.”
The titan of a Gym Curator, in a feat of the most unnecessarily masculine showmanship imaginable, picked up the boulder next to him & smashed it against the wall.
“That’s, um, impressive…” JB said, “But what was the point? I mean, it’s the strength of your Elfs that matters here, not your--“
“ZHIDAO SAYS:EN? THAT ON” replied the Interrupting Hulk. “DEFEND! THERE IS NOTHING WITH MONSTERS?”
“Well… You and I both have monsters. Are we doing this?”
Zhidao assumed his battle stance. ”ALL IS READY, START THE GAME!”

Zhidao’s first Elf was another Sumoy, and with Punch’s BLOC softening the blows of his furry opponent, he eventually emerged victorious! However, when his other Elf, NILEC, was sent in, Fool eagerly burst out of his basin. Fool had never been this excited about a battle before, but JB knew he had no chance against this giant blue tadpole with fists, so he had to help his ambitious artist in any way he could…

Fool used PIN, but it was clear that Nilec didn’t even feel the needles… At least, not at first, but a few seconds later, Nilec began to cough. JB wasn’t quite sure how it managed that without a mouth, but it was clear that Fool had successfully poisoned his opponent and that fortune was on their side!
Nilec retaliated with PROTECT, an oddly-named, yet dazzling punch with incredible force! Fortunately, it missed, and Fool’s poison began to take its toll.
Despite Fool’s determination to be the only one to attack Nilec, JB knew that one hit from PROTECT would be a clean knockout, so next turn, JB briefly sent in Dicks to take the hit. It did moderate damage, but nothing the serpent couldn’t handle, although she did seem a little dizzy afterwards. However, with a change in targets came a change in tactics for Zhidao. This time, he commanded Nilec to use SPEC. As it prepared its hypnotic waves, JB had an idea & sent Fool back in to witness them. Lady Luck paid JB another visit, and although Spec missed its target, its target was completely entranced by the hypnotic waves as they passed him by.
JB took full advantage of this and once again tried to make Fool use STRUG, and with his sudden wave of inspiration, Fool began doodling Spec waves in the air, and JB knew that this meant he had learned how to use them…

Afterwards, Nilec used Spec again and successfully put Fool to sleep, but JB didn’t mind, as it was clearly a sleep of satisfaction. Zhidao must have been paranoid that Fool was a light sleeper, as he foolishly commanded Nilec to use Spec again, despite knowing that another turn wasted was another turn for the poison to weaken Nilec more & more.
JB then switched Dicks back in to take another PROTECT, which missed. The next one hit, but again, Dicks took it rather well, and was certainly in a better state than Nilec, who had almost completely succumbed to Fool’s poison.
And sure enough, after a couple more turns of switching & poison damage, Nilec falled!

“I AM LOSED!” Zhidao bellowed in utter shock! “THE KNOCKING-BADGE IS FIT TO YOU” With that, JB gained a ZHENHAN BADGE!
“ONLY WITH THE ZHENHAN BADGE,” Zhidao continued, “THE MONSTER MUST BE TAKEN FROM OTHERS. IT WILL OBEY YOU WHICH LEVEL IS UNDER 70 YOU CAN USE MONSTER STUNT TO FLY TO THE SKY, AND TAKE IT AWAY”
JB wasn’t sure if Zhidao was encouraging him to use his badge to steal Elfs from other coaches or not, but he was sure that he’d just mentioned the flying stunt that Peeping Tina had told him about. However, before JB could leave to find her, Zhidao handed him the Skill Machine for his Nilec’s PROTECT punch.
“THE SKILL MACHINE HAS THE IMPLODING FORCE!! IF HIT ON, IT WILL MAKE A CONFUSION”
“Sounds like me in my early teens…” JB thought.

Outside, Peeping Tina was waiting for him. “THAT IS THE DUANYE BADGE, THEN TAKE THIS SECRET MACHINE AWAY” and handed him a new SECRET MACHINE.
“LET IT LEARN THE FLYING STUNT, YOU CAN GO TO THE JUST PLACE INSTANTLY. DEFEATED BY YOU, MY HUSBAND WANT SPECIAL TRAINING FORGET IT, LATELY HIS STOMACH BECOMES BIGGER.”
JB was glad he found out that this woman was only peeping into the Gym because Zhidao was her husband, and even more glad upon receiving the FLEW machine. Unfortunately, none of the Elfs he had captured could use it. Not even Fork, who had lifted him into the air more than once! He figured that her wings just couldn’t handle long distances, and that he’d just have to head back to the mainland to catch a flyer.
His thoughts were then interrupted by a second voice in his head…

“Well done, JB… We must talk… Travel North to find me…”

The water beast, A’En, was once again trying to reach him through telepathy. The creature had done nothing but help him so far, so JB decided he should listen to him for now. He went as far north as the island would allow, and sure enough, A’En was waiting for him.

“Congratulations… You found the artist… and he has found his muse…”

“Well, it sure wasn’t easy.” JB replied. “I honestly don’t know if he’s picky or just lazy, but at least he has more than one move now.”
“Yes… He is difficult… That is why I led you to him…”
“So, why did you lead me to him? What exactly do you want with me?”
“At first, just to test you… But now… I am certain… You and your allies must band together… You must grow strong enough to help me…”
“Help you? With what?”
At that moment, A’En’s expression changed, and he suddenly ran off across the sea. JB called after him!
“Wait! What’s going on?!”
“I am sorry…” he called back. “We can’t talk here anymore… But once you are stronger… I will find you again… I promise…”
“… Oh, for the LOVE OF--” Feeling completely clueless, and more confused than ever, JB turned away, only to find a familiar figure running frantically towards him.

“ISN’T IT SHUIJUN JUST? I SAW A BIT. AS IF I FEEL HE RUNS ON THE SEA”
It was the Fabulous Meinaji from the Burnt Tower! “Oh, hey. So, I guess you were tracking A’En, or Shuijun, or whatever here?”
Meinaji nodded. “HE IS BEAUTIFUL, STATELY AND CAN PASS THROUGH THE CITY QUICKLY HE IS AMAZING. I WANT TO SEE HIM CLOSELY GOOD”
JB was beginning to wonder if this guy was the reason A’En ran off. “Um, I don’t know how to break this to you, man, but… I don’t think he wants to see you.”
Upon hearing this, Meinaji took a moment to think. Literally a moment later, he seemed to shake it off. “I WILL CHALLENGE HIM, LET HIM TO ADMIT ME. NOW START TO FUGHT AT ONCE JB!”
“OK, look Meinaji, I think… Ah, forget it. Go, Fool!”

Meinaji led with SWAB, a creepy yellow, bipedal Elf. Fool led with his brand new move, SPEC, and Swab fell asleep. The next turn, Pin was far more effective against this opponent than against Nilec, so Swab was soon defeated. Next was YUANO, a larger, inverted BILIY. However, Stats dispatched it easily with STONE, and finally, FANT, which Dicks, like so many other Fants before, defeated quickly with STARE.

After the battle, Meinaji seemed disappointed, but regained composure fairly quickly.
“VERY GOOD, ON THE WAY, AROUND JB…”
“I hope you’re OK, man. I, um, wish you luck on your search…”
“REALLY I WILL GO TO FIND SHUIJUN I BELIEVE TO MEET HIM CERTAINLY. BYE!”
With that, he was gone. JB knew his search would prove fruitless, as whether this creature’s name was A’En or Shuijun, he was clearly avoiding Meinaji. Although even if Meinaji did listen to the truth, the last thing JB wanted to see in this region was another breakdown.

With this in mind, he wondered whether or not he’d see A’En again himself, but in the meantime, JB decided to have Dicks take him back acrss the sea to Zhaomu. He had Secret Drugs to deliver, and a Curator to challenge!

Team Summary:

Lv25
Male
- AWL (Strength)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- WA-GUN (Surf)

I feel lousy about leaving my starter hung out to dry for so long, but at least it'll teach him a lesson about wrestling Berries from sick cows.
At least his ability to USE THE FORCE proved useful...

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv28
Male
- LIGHHIT
(ThunderPunch)
- CRY (Supersonic)
- BLOC (Reflect)
- SHELL (Light Screen)
[Fighting-types Solo'd: 22/25]

Given that he was finally able to have the boxing matches he's always wanted this match, Punch receives the MVP award for kickin' ass Rocky style!

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv25
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- SAW (Cut)
- KNIF (Fury Cutter)
- PIN (Twinneedle)

Sadly, Fork was the only one who did literally nothing, so this time around, she is the LVP. Seriously - Why can't she learn Fly...?

Lv24
Female
- STONE (Dig)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

She'll have her shot at glory soon, I'm sure, but at least she took down creepy-stalker's Electrode this chapter.

Lv27
Female
- WA-GUN (Surf)
- HIT (Headbutt)
- STARE (Bite)
- SMOK (Fire Blast)

While her time in Chuck's Gym wasn't as action-packed as in Morty's, she did an admirable job as Fool's shield. He'd never have completely defeated that Poliwrath without her help!

FOOL the DEFU (Smeargle)
Lv29
Male
- PIN (Twinneedle)
- SPEC (Hypnosis)

Darknesscrusher, this is what got you on my Scramble hit list! Y'know how many tries it took for Fool to successfully "solo" that Poliwrath? At least 15! If it weren't for the speed-up function on Lameboy, I'd probably have gone insane at the time...
But at least he finally has a Sleep move.

Badges: 5
SCENES OF BLANK: 1 (It's the... Knives of the Scyther, it's the thorn in my side. Rising up, to the challenge of Gym Trainers...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)