Ubers CCAT 3 - Skies are Clear

What Pokemon should we base our team around?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait, what about the desired team style? We aren't locked into hazards HO this time around we can actually use Offensive Balance n stuff since we have Arceus to fill in the gaps. I'm kinda agreeing with Blitzle on a Offensive Balance team still for my bias against HO. Besides, balance is nice with Latios as we can use things like Ferrothorn to check scarf Dragons. (Although, finding the answers to Latios is a good way to decide on the team type, lol. Speaking of which, are we locked into the posted set? I'm not a big fan of giving Rain Excadrill a free switch-in seeing as we have no control over weather to make HP Fire usable for him.)

Weather less is dumb. I have seen 1 good weather less team in BW lol (the heatran/mewtwo/arceus-fight/giratina-o one, harshas?) In order to build a good one we should focus on beating other weathers first. If Latios is our choice, because weather helps him so much I think if we use him without weather we are playing with a huge handicap.

I'd go for Offensive Balance as well, considering we have Arceus-Steel and what not to take on threats. Unfortunately, we are going to have to keep the set and just work around the fact that it was built for sun.
Asterat said:
Weather less is dumb. I have seen 1 good weather less team in BW lol (the heatran/mewtwo/arceus-fight/giratina-o one, harshas?) In order to build a good one we should focus on beating other weathers first. If Latios is our choice, because weather helps him so much I think if we use him without weather we are playing with a huge handicap.
Quit being a downer. We're trying to build an innovative team, which a *good* weatherless team constitutes according to your post.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Wait. Is Arceus-Steel part of our team now? Because I'd really rather keep Arceus until the end when we need a glue for our team. (Or even better, if we can come together and make an effective core of 5, run EK Arceus or Ghostceus or something). Let's start with our team style first, then go onto team members. And I do like the core of Latios + Terrakion. It has a good shot of working if we give it enough support. Also, I'm pretty sure Ferrothorn has ROUGHLY the same merits as Arceus-Steel in that in can provide paralysis support and ward off Dragon types, as well as provide Spikes support. (expects a wave of "ARCEUS-STEEL IS NOT THE SAME AS FERROTHORN" but hopefully not). However, it comes at much less of an opportunity cost.

Edit: OHHHH OK now I get it jackm thanks for clearing that up. So after we vote on team style, will we vote on team members the same way we did with Latios?

no no no no we don't have Arceus-Steel, let me rephrase: I'd go for Offensive Balance as well, considering we have the newfound ability to run Arceus-Steel and what not to take on threats.

ok that's good but about the 2nd poke (we're doing one at a time, no?), are we going similarly to previously, like we suggest a mon then vote

Before we get to teammates, we have to agree on our play style, which for Latios I would suggest Offensive Balance. Latios functions as a powerful wallbreaker for such a team while checking Kyogre and threatening Groudon. If there are no objections, we'll move ahead to choosing our first teammate.

Anyways, assuming we choose Offensive Balance I'm going to draft a quick list of the things that we need for Latios to function at max capacity, suggestions welcome. This list is going to serve as our guide for the teammates stage.

• Hazards
  • Genesect counter
  • Arceus-Ghost/Dark counter
  • Strong Non-weather dependent Steel killing moves
  • Extremekiller counter
  • Fast cleaner/Revenge Killer, to take advantage of the wallbreaking that Latios does
  • Outrage sponge
  • Offensive core
  • Way to take on weather sweepers

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Just for reference, these are the play-styles that we have available to us:
(I picked out the viable play-styles from the "Metagame stats" tab of the "Ubers Stats" thread) *EDIT THIS IF THIS IS WRONG*
Make sure you bold your answers, please, as to make it easier for jackm when he tallies votes!

-Hyperoffense
-Offense
-Balance
-Semistall
-Stall

Personally, I'll go with Offense, as Latios probably fits best on such a team (and I've made previous posts supporting this).

Edit: oops sorry to intrude, jackm, but I hope this helps though!
Double Edit: I got kind of mixed up between Balance and Offense, seeing as before we were talking about Balanced Offense lol. But yeah, research + testing --> offense for sure. (All my teams somehow end up offense to hyperoffense)

Offense Latios can fit well on almost any team, but because of its ability to beat Stall, I feel like we should add Pokemon that can beat other types of playstyle as well. Offensive teams with stuff like EKiller, etc. can beat hyper offense because it can hit hard without being too frail.

Edit: Changed vote.

Balance

Also Blitzlefan that wasn't really necessary but thanks anyways :)
I'll handle the votes from now on though.

Before we get to teammates, we have to agree on our play style, which for Latios I would suggest Offensive Balance. Latios functions as a powerful wallbreaker for such a team while checking Kyogre and threatening Groudon. If there are no objections, we'll move ahead to choosing our first teammate.

Anyways, assuming we choose Offensive Balance I'm going to draft a quick list of the things that we need for Latios to function at max capacity, suggestions welcome. This list is going to serve as our guide for the teammates stage.

• Hazards
  • Genesect counter
  • Arceus-Ghost/Dark counter
  • Strong Non-weather dependent Steel killing moves
  • Extremekiller counter
  • Fast cleaner/Revenge Killer, to take advantage of the wallbreaking that Latios does
  • Outrage sponge
  • Offensive core
  • Way to take on weather sweepers
Arceus-Fighting is a good pick, no? Please stop voting for balance. We have chosen Latios who only works on Offensive/HO teams. If you want to use him in Balance, then it will often be an inferior Latias.

Offense

Hyper offense uses multiple set-up sweepers, right?

RMS

G-O I think is a pokemon with many viable sets but i have created one based on anti-meta

@griseous orb, Levitate, Lonely

~Outrage
~Draco meteor
~Shadow sneak
~Wilo-wisp

252ATT/252 SA/4 SD

This set is gimmicky, Fire off a draco than outrage if necessary if u want to switch that is good as well. By switching your opponent will think that your specially invested and probably don't have support moves or even mixed. it has decent synergy, the point of wilo-wisp is when u come into a arceus and you ARE good to live a shadow claw even at +2 fire that off get a good burn on him than switch into something that resists the incoming shadow claw. if you go for an outrage your opponent will immediately know of his presence and say "this guy is a threat i need to take him out" knowing that you are in a more than good enough position to predict and screw with his/her mind.

This message was brought to you by AMS "anti-meta squad" serve and protect.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
G-O I think is a pokemon with many viable sets but i have created one based on anti-meta

@griseous orb, Levitate, Lonely

~Outrage
~Draco meteor
~Shadow sneak
~Wilo-wisp

252ATT/252 SA/4 SD

This set is gimmicky, Fire off a draco than outrage if necessary if u want to switch that is good as well. By switching your opponent will think that your specially invested and probably don't have support moves or even mixed. it has decent synergy, the point of wilo-wisp is when u come into a arceus and you ARE good to live a shadow claw even at +2 fire that off get a good burn on him than switch into something that resists the incoming shadow claw. if you go for an outrage your opponent will immediately know of his presence and say "this guy is a threat i need to take him out" knowing that you are in a more than good enough position to predict and screw with his/her mind.

This message was brought to you by AMS "anti-meta squad" serve and protect.
A spinblocker that's setup bait for forry is a terrible idea..... Ekiller cleanly ohkos you with +2 shadow claw after sr damage.... This isn't really useful at all and drag + ghost gives awful coverage.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
In all honesty, I've never really understood the appeal of running Draco Meteor AND Outrage. Simply because if they send in a Steel-type, you're screwed either way. I prefer this set:

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp

It's an excellent Arceus-Normal check, as +2 252+ Atk Arceus-Normal Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O: 316-374 (62.69 - 74.2%), letting it switch in while Arceus boosts, and phaze it out the next turn. Also, Shadow Sneak and Will-O-Wisp provide ample support. (I've been using this set for months now!) True, most Giratina-Os lacking HP Fire will have trouble with Forretress, but 252 SpA Giratina-O Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Forretress in rain: 140-168 (39.54 - 47.45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. (We have no control over the weather, so I'm assuming Rain as it's the most ubiquitous.)

Giratina is a very nifty spin blocker however I think it would be better if we worked on our core first.

Latios check/counters include Ferrothorn under rain, Jirachi under rain, Heatran, healthy Pursuit trappers (Grass Knot helps keep TTar at bay but it can still RK), faster bulky Arceus with no weaknesses to his attacks (such as CM Ghostceus), Steelceus (any under rain, CM under neutral weather), CM Rockceus under sandstorm, bulky Excadrill under rain, ScarfSect and, lol, Brozong/Cresselia

So we'll want somebody who shares these checks/counters so that one can weaken them for the other. (seeing as Latios is a wall breaker, it'll mostly be him doing the weakening)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)