Poison everywhere!

Hey everyone, let me start off by saying THIS IS NOT A NORMAL TEAM AT ALL. This is my second RMT in UU (first one using Specs Yanmega about three weeks ago) and my second RMT anyway. Here it is.

So I was sitting in my lecture earlier (not doing my work) and I said, "Hey, let's use a new team in UU!" But i wanted something that was totally out of the norm. Something I have never seen. Or at least I don't remember seeing, as I'm sure this isn't the first one. Anyways this is a toxic stall sky drop team. I named it "Acid Rain".

Here's the team:

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder (maybe Spikes)
- Toxic Spikes
- Venoshock
- Giga Drain (maybe Spikes)

Roserade...being an awesome lead since its opening days. Assuming my opponent doesn't have a spinner not named Blastoise or another poison type, I lead off with this Pokemon. Setting up Toxic Spikes is priority number one. After that, it's time to put something to sleep. I would like to put Spikes somewhere here, but I don't know if I wanna take out Giga Drain or Sleep Powder. I may not just out it in at all as I don't have a phazer.

Mienshao (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless (maybe Regenerator?)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

So this is my lesser check to any Steel type I may face. Choice Scarf variant is arguably better then the Fake Out Life Orb variant. So that's the set I use. Hi Jump Kick is for any Steel type. U-Turn to gain the momentum and switch initiative. Stone Edge is just for coverage. And Aerial Ace is for Heracross. I may switch it out for Earthquake or HP Ice but probably not. Lemme know what you think.

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sky Drop
- Roost
- Substitute (most likely Protect)
- Toxic

So this is where the really annoying part comes in. Sky drop in tandum with Sub makes my opponent very sad and slightly frustrated. If you guys don't know Sky Drop, it takes me up in the air, similar to Fly, and it takes my opponent in the air effectively ending the turn with some toxic damage. Then, I drop them down for some damage then they get an attack off and more toxic damage. The next turn I usually use Sub as my opponent predicts the next Sky Drop. But I kinda want Protect too. Opinions? Also, Toxic is there in case my opponent spins away my T.Spikes.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Sky Drop
- Toxic
- Roost
- U-turn

The second legendary bird and arguably the best one(though not the coolest). Defensive Zapdos is an absolute beast. This guy can take hits for day. Once again, Sky Drop for being obnoxious and building up Toxic. Toxic is a precautionary if my opponent spun away the T.Spikes. Roost is for obvious recovery, also I like to predict the Rock type move and Roost on it. Just for lulz. U-turn is for momentum building. But I will probably switch it out for Whirlwind.

Chandelure (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hex
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Fighting] Psychic

Honestly I fell really cheap for using this Pokemon in UU. In my personal opinion, he needs to be OU. Anyways, this is my main check to Steel types. Hex is the main attack here. Dealing double damage to any Pokemon that has a status and then STAB is factored in. It's pretty much a special Ghost type Earthquake. That's how I like to describe it anyway. Fire Blast is for STAB. Pain Split lets me recover the damage from Stealth Rock and Life Orb. And HP Fighting is for the infamous perfect coverage. Actually while typing this I just realized that I have Fire Blast for those steels and Normals aren't really an issue. So maybe Energy Ball?

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SAtk / 156 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

The queen of the RU empire makes an appearance here. Sets up Stealth Rock first the proceed to attack with a variety of types. It's pretty simple with her really. Side-note with the queen, she is also very helpful with sucking up my opponents T.Spikes. Though I don't really run into that too often. Part of the reason for the queen being here, is because I wanted another Special Attacker that can also set up rocks. I could've done Nidoking, but the Queen just has that extra bulk I'm looking for.

Saso

Banned deucer.
Omg, is very emmm It is a very rare team, Sableye, and taunter its a very good problem for you xD, but is good good.

Edit I think team ou.

Sorry my English is bad, I'm sorry, if you do not understand me, English is not just trying to learn some English and play pokemon, srry: c

Omg, is very emmm It is a very rare team, Sableye, and taunter its a very good problem for you xD, but is good good.

Edit I think team ou.

Sorry my English is bad, I'm sorry, if you do not understand me, English is not just trying to learn some English and play pokemon, srry: c
Sableye isn't a problem if he comes in on the T.Spikes. Also, the sets are my Pokemon are very unique. For example, he won't Taunt a Zapdos. And this team is definitely UU

Maybe hes thinking its Pokemon Online OU? Anyways, isn't Sky Drop illegal? I suppose you're using this team in a situation where its not. Since you're basing your team on Toxic Damage, maybe give Nidoqueen T-Spikes as well? You could go with Boltbeam coverage w/ SR and TS, or just replace the rocks. Mew is a very reliable stealth rocker.

Maybe hes thinking its Pokemon Online OU? Anyways, isn't Sky Drop illegal? I suppose you're using this team in a situation where its not. Since you're basing your team on Toxic Damage, maybe give Nidoqueen T-Spikes as well? You could go with Boltbeam coverage w/ SR and TS, or just replace the rocks. Mew is a very reliable stealth rocker.
Sky Drop is only illegal with Gravity because of the glitch that it causes. Since I'm not using Gravity, it's perfectly legal. I was thinking about giving Nidoqueen T.spikes but I really wanted her to have STAB Earth Power

It looks like your team has a really big problem with rhyperior, you have a huge ground weakness with zapdos being hit super effectively by his other stab. For this reason I would run SR bronzong over nidoqueen as a really nice counter.

Additionally you don't really have a way to deal with other poison types (Other than nidoqueen who can't switch in on nidoking) so I would run psychic on mew or chandy (Over hp fighting or painsplit)

It looks like your team has a really big problem with rhyperior, you have a huge ground weakness with zapdos being hit super effectively by his other stab. For this reason I would run SR bronzong over nidoqueen as a really nice counter.

Additionally you don't really have a way to deal with other poison types (Other than nidoqueen who can't switch in on nidoking) so I would run psychic on mew or chandy (Over hp fighting or painsplit)
You're almost right with Rhyperior. My team only has a problem with lead Rhyperior. Other than that, he gets hit by T.Spikes and Chandy take care of him. If not Chandy, then Nidoqueen.

I do like the suggestion of changing HP Fighting to Psychic. So I will do that.

relying on toxic spikes isnt that good, its countered by 3 things that really ever team has. levitate or flying, steel type, poison type

relying on toxic spikes isnt that good, its countered by 3 things that really ever team has. levitate or flying, steel type, poison type
Yeah you are correct. Which is why my Mew and Zapdos also carry Toxic to poison the Pokemon that levitate and Fly. Steel types is why Chandy is there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)