VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacred Sword Terrakion/Virizion is one of my favorite counters. Also, fighting gem close combat from terrakion can ohko it provided that it hits.

Could I get a checklist for the basic things that every goodstuffs team should have on it? I'm trying to build my first VGC team.

Could I get a checklist for the basic things that every goodstuffs team should have on it? I'm trying to build my first VGC team.
steel type
dragon type
fake out
cress
cress counter
water resist or soemething for anti weather (virizion is a personal fav of mine ;))

On the physical side: Conkeldurr, Hariyama, Escavalier
On the Special side: Reuniclus, Cresselia (maybe, depend on set)

But some pokemon deserve special mention: Glaceon (in HailRoom is devasting), Amoonguss ("fastets" spore on field), some variants of Gallade and some variants of chandelure.

Hey, I have a quick question. When it comes to the VGC, I have experience in EV Training, searching for the perfect IVs, and coming up with solid teams. However, one of the problems that I have been having is coming up with new teams and ideas. For example, I wanted to come up with a Trick Room team, but I didn't know what would be the best combination to use (obviously there is no such thing as the "best", otherwise everyone would be using it or complaining about how it had been banned). I'm just looking for a place to find some solid ideas before I invest the time into IV and EV training Pokemon. Thanks for any help you can give.

Excalibar~

Hey, I have a quick question. When it comes to the VGC, I have experience in EV Training, searching for the perfect IVs, and coming up with solid teams. However, one of the problems that I have been having is coming up with new teams and ideas. For example, I wanted to come up with a Trick Room team, but I didn't know what would be the best combination to use (obviously there is no such thing as the "best", otherwise everyone would be using it or complaining about how it had been banned). I'm just looking for a place to find some solid ideas before I invest the time into IV and EV training Pokemon. Thanks for any help you can give.

Excalibar~
Here is a place to get some ideas and look at other peoples teams. www.nuggetbridge.com/reports/
Also if you just wanna try out a new team you could try it on PO or PS

Try this:

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EV’s: 252 HP / 252 SDef
IV’s: 2 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Curse
- Slack Off
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Setting up really depend on the pokemon, here are few examples:

Volcarona: high risk-high reward, in only one turn of setup this moth WRECK wholes teams. with a modest nature max SAtk AND +1 from quiver dance she can OHKO that damn Cresselia, really a feast that no pokemon can achieve (without a gem or 2 maybe 3 turns of setup)

Scizor: with excellent typing, incredible usefull ability and nice coverage Scizor can abuse Sword Dance, finding turns to setup thanks to his resistance and only having a weakness (that can be patched up a little with rain) is really easy. And remember that he have STABed priority, power up by technician, maybe a gem AND +2 in attack, THAT is a hitting like a truck!

For your underused needs:

Cofagrigus: the nightmare of (this metagame filled) fighting type pokemon, there is not a physical attacker resiliant on his ability that dare touch Cofagrigus so he can Calm Mind to his heart(?) content, this set REALLY appreciate Trick Room support.

There are really nice pokemon that can setup depending on the situation, like the always annoying Minimize Chansey/Blissey. It really depends on your skill to get the best of every turn.

(I really hope you try some of this pokes)

Wow, thanks for the advice, minimize chancey looks great! but the time limit is what sets it back with all back and the fighting types, confagrigus is the pokemon i'm quite looking for and mummy is awesome to get rid of durants and hitmontops, that go for 2nd intimidates. Would dusclops be by any chance better? because it has everything a confagrigus has, but mummy and disable to stop choice items users. I have seen a crawdaunt one hit ko'd a cresselia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkh4Xvbw-vU&list=UUkGBiarFDOqlWR-WbA8eCsQ&index=4 with adaptibily. great thanks to Sidfrid (notice how I capitalized you).

I need a chlorophyll venusaur for my team. Yesterday I got a female bulbasaur with that hidden ability and my idea was to use RNG to get a perfect egg. But I've read that it's impossible to get a female bulbasaur with that hidden ability. So, any idea of how to get a legal chlorophyll venusaur to use him in VGC or other tournaments?

If I was you, I'd build a team without Chlorophyll Venusaur; you'll never be able to know 100% if any you get is legal or not - and you don't want to turn up to an event and get told you can't use it.

If I was you, I'd build a team without Chlorophyll Venusaur; you'll never be able to know 100% if any you get is legal or not - and you don't want to turn up to an event and get told you can't use it.
you can try to use it on GBU, if it works there it'll probably pass any hack check

The hack tests at VGC are somewhat more rigorous than those of GBU, so I wouldn't take that risk as something as obvious as a pokemon with a ability illegal for the gender probably wouldn't pass...
actually IIRC most things that pass the GBU test are legal at VGC. Pokecheck also has an identical hackchecker on their site here: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=toolbox (although you need an account and a way to upload the Pokemon, which shouldn't be that hard...)

Hey guys, I haven't been active arround the VGC game lately since I've been trying to pick up the tcg. Any new stuff come into the meta (highly altering) that I should know about before spring regionals? Also, anything gone down in usage a lot? I've seen Intimidate Scrafty and Defiant Tornadus and they are definetly threatful. Thanks for any advice.

Hey guys, I haven't been active arround the VGC game lately since I've been trying to pick up the tcg. Any new stuff come into the meta (highly altering) that I should know about before spring regionals? Also, anything gone down in usage a lot? I've seen Intimidate Scrafty and Defiant Tornadus and they are definetly threatful. Thanks for any advice.
landorus-t

Is there anywhere to watch past VGC finals matches, or is it just a 'search on youtube and whatever's there is what you get' thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)