5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

taking one step in an area with wild pokemon (grass, cave, water) advances the PID frame by two right? I mean EACH step you take the PID goes up by 2

Hi guys I'm currently trying to RNG my TID/SID in black. I'm using the following seed:

ADFA2178671C5CFD

The initial frame says it's 49 which is the frame that keeps popping up as shiny -when I hit that frame I get a quiet Oshawott. However when I calibrated to find my real initial frame I found out that my initial frame is frame 46 and I want to advance the PIDRNG to frame 52 which has the desired nature. I'm not sure if the main window is right, but for me it says that this frame will give me a timid Oshawott and this is the one that I selected to be shiny in pandora's box.

Here's some screen shots:

32-27=5

So I said no to my name 5 times and got the TID 58202.

I went back to the time finder and hit the seed. Then I went to the main window and lowered it to frame 39 so that I could check which PID I hit. Based on the nature and gender I determined that it was on frame 46 -docile. Then I turned off the game and repeated the process but this time I saved once befor choosing my starter pokemon. This time I landed on frame 47 -naive. Then again I turned off the game, hit the time again, and saved six times. I got timid -likes to thrash about (male) but it wasn't shiny.

Hi everyone! I'm new in Smogon, also new in this kind of mechanics.
I'm just having a lot of problems trying to RNG a shiny special Hidden Power Fire pokemon :(
I tried to RNG a Shiny Magnemite for a flawless Special Hidden Power Fire, from Virbank Complex in Black 2 (Encounter Slots 1, 3, 7). I RNGed my TID like 1 month ago, to have an TID: 00013 with a SID: 45573, in order to have a shiny flawless Tepig. I got it and it was everything ok, but when I tried to get the Magnemite I couldn't hit my timer0 <.< I use both PPRNG and RNG Reporter, I prefer using PPRNG. Later on I just could RNG a Special Flawless Magnemite but no the shiny one. I thought the parameters of the DS and Card changed because of the abuse of my ID, but i wasn't really sure of this. Anyway I tried to recalibrate my game (using PPRNG's B2/W2 feature of Unova Link) and it gone crazy <.<

My parameters from my old game were:
Black 2 English Version, TID: 01168 SID: 45827.
Min Timer0: 1103 Vcount: 82
Max timer0: 1107 Vframe: 6
In the recalibration, the parameters gone crazy:
The result was a different timer0 (like 11F6 to 10C5, and the Vcount and Vframe in the same situation) I was using a DS Lite, and the time the program said I started the game was like 10 second of delay. Example: my target time 10:58:30, so in the calibration I started the game at that time. The program said I started the game at 10:58:39, or 10:58:40 <.<

I don't know what's happening with my game netiher to the program :(

The VCount should not change and the VFrame is constant anyway.

In most cases we would say it is a false positive. It may happen depending on the ways you have calibrated. Since you use PPRNG we assume you did that over the relatively save Unova Link method. In that case we recommend you to ignore those values and to continue calibrating. Unless you get those results constantly you should not let them keep you.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My guess is that you didn't start off with the right direction for your calibration, hence the fucked up results. Try it again, and see what you get (although the parameters you had before are all normal results for B2 on a DS Lite (it's more or less the same as the ones I got, and I don't know why you're bothering recalibrating, your parameters aren't going to change unless you change your DS)).

My guess is that you didn't start off with the right direction for your calibration, hence the fucked up results. Try it again, and see what you get (although the parameters you had before are all normal results for B2 on a DS Lite (it's more or less the same as the ones I got, and I don't know why you're bothering recalibrating, your parameters aren't going to change unless you change your DS)).
- So, if I understand, my parameters will not change even though I RNGed my TID? TID (old): 01168 -------> TID (new): 00013
- Any suggestion to hit my Timer0? :(
Thanks anyway :O!

The parameters are related to the combination of DS/Cartridge, if you don't change the combination then your parameters are EXACTLY the same. They don't have to do anything you resseting your game or not.

About your Timer0's, there is no sure way to hit your timer0 consistently. Your best bet is to search for seeds using your most COMMON timer0. In rare case you wil have more than one common timer0 (in my case I have 2 timer0's more common than the other 6)

For general rule, is good to calibrate your game at least 30 times, yes 30 times, to get a good amount of Timer0's and find the more common one(s)

(btw, congrats on your flawless shiny started, is WAY harder to get in B/W2 with all those NPC's in the way)

Agonist

- So, if I understand, my parameters will not change even though I RNGed my TID? TID (old): 01168 -------> TID (new): 00013
- Any suggestion to hit my Timer0? :(
Thanks anyway :O!
For my Black 2, I've got a range of 1100 to 1108, but I normally only hit 1103-1105, so I only use those three when searching for seeds. That doesn't guarantee I'm going to hit it, but it's a better chance than if I use an 1107 seed.

Well, I tried to recalibrate the DS (Just to be completely sure that everything is ok) and this is the kind of problem I had with Unova Link :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GMD3ROqAfE

I didn't change the DS Lite or something else...
This is another proof that i've rnged a Magnemite but no Shiny :(
https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3744040

I've already understood that my parameters won't change if I don't change the DS, I'm just trying to be sure that I'm not doing something wrong.

Thanks!!

You probably should help us a bit. I have tried to make sense of the BW2 Wild Encounter for a while now and have found a few problems with the PID. The PID is largely important for the shininess so please stay with me: On which frame is the PID of that Magnemite? In some occasions we have found that the Pokemon has the PID of the frame below the target although it should not be the case.

So does anyone know where I went wrong with the TID/SID abuse? It looks like I'm forgetting something each time cos when I try using a different seed with a different TID/SID, I'll get a shiny but it'll be on the wrong frame. I've been following Princess of Johto's guide but it doesn't matter how many times I read and re-read it I just can't find out where I'm going wrong. I also watched a video about it on youtube by kazowar but that was mainly for IVs which I can already get and he used a different process altogether which just confused me even more. I really want to get this right so that I can get a low shiny frame for egg abuse, please help.

I wanted to get the savefile off my Black cartridge (as a backup) in order to start a new game. If I reinject the savefile into that cartridge after a while, does the calibration I have already done a while ago change in any way? Or don't I have to re-calibrate my game?

Greetings,

You probably should help us a bit. I have tried to make sense of the BW2 Wild Encounter for a while now and have found a few problems with the PID. The PID is largely important for the shininess so please stay with me: On which frame is the PID of that Magnemite? In some occasions we have found that the Pokemon has the PID of the frame below the target although it should not be the case.
Sorry, I made a mistake :(
That Magnemite is for the proof that I RNGed with the same parameters that I had in my previous game, not that I PIDRNG and had that result.
When I was trying to PIDRNG and also Mersenne Twister RNG I had to move the IV frame 5 times (moving 128 steps, with 5 pokemon in party) and tried to know my initial frame, my timer0 was 1106, then I used the adjacents from PPRNG to know which timer0 I hit, that's when I thought if my parameters or timer0 were wrong, then tried to recalibrate and had those results :(
Sorry for the confusion!

Dream Radar Problem

So I RNG'd 2 Tournadus-T yesterday. And failed on both (Well partly failed on 1)

Here's the problem. According to RNGAarons guide, The therians IVs essentially start on frame 21. I used seed 5B032EBD3EECB013, with 31/31/31/24/31/31 being my target on frame 39. That gives me an 18 frame difference, which is 9 spinner advancements. Starting frame was 55. The first Therian failed, somewhere along the lines an extra advancement happened (don't know if I miscounted the spinners or if RNGR was just plain wrong, or something else). We ended up getting the IVs on frame 41. Since I couldn't upload them to pokecheck, I took a battle video of the Genie, an uploaded that to pokecheck, to check the PID (Which can be seen here). This is where the problem starts. The Genies PID showed a Quirky nature with the PID 0x6FD43B10. That PID is no where on that seed, anywhere. The problem, is that the Quirky nature is on frame after the target frame of Jolly. Which confirmed that there was an extra advancement.

The second Genie I got right, and he had the IVs of Frame 39 (31/31/31/24/31/31) The problem, with this one is that he had a Relaxed nature. Which is 1 frame BEFORE the target of Jolly. After I uploaded another battle video to pokecheck to get the PID, I found out that it was 0x8CBFF9FD. (Seen here). Again, a PID that isn't on this seed.

Does anyone know what happened? Luckly I backed up my Dream Radar save, to do this for my White 2 version, but I need to know whats going on before I attempt this again.

MAC: 17AB954217 DS Lite
Black 2 Version Seed: 5B032EBD3EECB013
Starting frame: 55 Memory Link: Yes

Reference Pictures

Thanks for the help
-PsyJ

Agonist

PPRNG doesn't have any issues with encounter slots / PID - I've been using it for quite some time now.

Odds are you're either in an area with WNPCs, or you're hitting the wrong timer0 for that seed.

PPRNG doesn't have any issues with encounter slots / PID - I've been using it for quite some time now.

Odds are you're either in an area with WNPCs, or you're hitting the wrong timer0 for that seed.
Sure, but what about the "issue" with the Unova Link DS paramaters Finder? :(

Agonist

I can't really tell from your video, but my guess it you input the wrong arrow direction, and that's what threw it off.

Regardless, you've already got your parameters, so there isn't really any need to keep looking for them...

Well I finally succeeded in RNGing my TID/SID in black. It turns out that I was doing everything right and that the problem was with the Pandora's box. For instance when I tried doing this the other day using the following seed ADFA2178671C5CFD I selected frame 52 to be shiny and when I calibrated to find out my true initial frame I found out that it was on frame 46 -docile. I did this a second time but this time I saved once befor getting my starter and landed on frame 47 -naive. I kept doing this to see if I could control the PIDRNG adding extra saves each time and got frame 48 -careful followed by frame 49 -quiet. The other day when I landed on frame 49 it turned out to be shiny.

When I got the stater everything about that starter matched the description on the main window. It was male, quiet and flawless. I even uploaded it to pokecheck to check the PID and that too matched what it says in the main window (unfortunately I don't have a screenshot of the pokecheck profile for this).

I tried hitting my seed and my frame a few more times, but whenever I hit frame 52 (the one I wanted shiny) it would match the main window but it was never shiny. However when I hit frame 49 it was shiny again with the same nature.

So I tried a different seed along with a different TID/SID and the same thing happened -the shiny frame would appear approximately 3 frames below the one I wanted. I changed the seed and the TID/SID again and once more the same thing happened.

Then I decided to do something different. After finding out that there was a three frame difference I decided to use the same seed that I used the first time but this time when I used the Pandora's box instead of putting frame 52 as my desired shiny frame, I put 55 as my desired shiny frame. I then got my ID and hit my IV frame the same as befor, calibrated to find my true starting frame which was frame 46 and saved six times to get to frame 52 the one I wanted shiny. And guess what? It was timid, male and shiny!

So I reckon that there might be a bug with the Pandora's box because I did everything the same as befor. I'm using RNG reporter 9.96.5 btw. I can post more screenshots if neccessary in case anyone else is having problems with this...

Been ages since I RNGed and I have a few questions

Is it possible to RNG with a DSTWO on a DS Lite for BW2 yet?
What about on a DSi or 3DS? (for both BW and BW2)?

HELP INTERNATIONAL BREEDING RNG Black and White.
I got all the right stats and the nature that I was supposed to. But it wasn't shiny, when it was supposed to be.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Starting frame was 55.
The Genies PID showed a Quirky nature with the PID 0x6FD43B10. That PID is no where on that seed, anywhere. The problem, is that the Quirky nature is on frame after the target frame of Jolly. Which confirmed that there was an extra advancement.
6FD43B10 comes from the same source as the PID in frame 78 in your screenshot (EFD43B82). The difference is because DR Therian PIDs are not wild PIDs. They are generated the same was as PIDs generated for Entralink mons.

The second Genie I got right, and he had the IVs of Frame 39 (31/31/31/24/31/31) The problem, with this one is that he had a Relaxed nature. Which is 1 frame BEFORE the target of Jolly. After I uploaded another battle video to pokecheck to get the PID, I found out that it was 0x8CBFF9FD. (Seen here). Again, a PID that isn't on this seed.
Again, it is on that seed (frame 76).

Does anyone know what happened? Luckly I backed up my Dream Radar save, to do this for my White 2 version, but I need to know whats going on before I attempt this again.
What happened is that you were targetting a PID frame that you can't hit. The spinner advances the PID frame by 2 each time.

So... what I'm doing wrong? ;_______;
If you check the 'Memory Link Used' option in your settings, you will find that it works correctly. This means that either you have done a Memory Link before, or you belong to the group of people whose cartridges behave as if they have done a Memory Link even when they haven't (at least when doing the Unova Link spins). I don't know what causes this behavior, unfortunately.

I wanted to get the savefile off my Black cartridge (as a backup) in order to start a new game. If I reinject the savefile into that cartridge after a while, does the calibration I have already done a while ago change in any way? Or don't I have to re-calibrate my game?
Your parameters shouldn't be affected.

Well I finally succeeded in RNGing my TID/SID in black. It turns out that I was doing everything right and that the problem was with the Pandora's box.
The problem was that you had selected 'Wild Pokemon' as the encounter type. Starters are gifts.

Is it possible to RNG with a DSTWO on a DS Lite for BW2 yet?
What about on a DSi or 3DS? (for both BW and BW2)?
DSi and 3DS are supported.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)