Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Methods H/J/K are subsets of Method 1, meaning that all H/J/K spreads are also Method 1 spreads. So yes.
Thanks.

I've been trying to TID/SID abuse for a while now. But it seems that I just can't hit that one delay. The delay I want is 5393 but I've hit 5395 and 5391 countless times, but still no 5393. Is it possible that some delays are just impossible to hit? Nevermind hit it after 15 more tries :p

Another question: sorry if this has been asked before, but when does the starter's stats get generated?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Frame before target, yes. Remember that every time you do something like... open and close the journal when in the Distortion World, the PRNG advances 11 frames. And you'll start on frame 11 instead of frame 0 because of that.

Hey guys, I've been going after flawless eggs in Emerald version and I've recently been having trouble where the game is not producing PID frames for the eggs anywhere near my target frame. What does this mean?

For example, I'm going after a Kecleon on Frame 2463 and the game gives me a result only possible with my parents in their positions on frame 264 or something like that. Any possible way to fix this? =(

If you SR it's literally no different between the three handhelds.
Thanks, but I don't SR cuz my L+R buttons are broken so I tried to start from the DSi Menu but i got a completely different seed than i wanted and it was so off, even when i maxed out the criteria in the rng reporter time finder, it couldn't tell my seed. Can someone help with this please?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I believe you need a higher calibrated seconds value? The only way to know for sure what your seed is is to actually catch something.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I did check splits and alternates. They didn't yield any possible results near my target. And yes, I'm using my timer correctly.
Does this happen repeatedly? If you get a different set of IVs can you find them near your target?

If you could post the IVs of the parents and the IVs of the egg that would help.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Hey guys, I've been going after flawless eggs in Emerald version and I've recently been having trouble where the game is not producing PID frames for the eggs anywhere near my target frame. What does this mean?

For example, I'm going after a Kecleon on Frame 2463 and the game gives me a result only possible with my parents in their positions on frame 264 or something like that. Any possible way to fix this? =(
I've noticed that it only happens on emulator, and it's pretty sad. Looks like you'll have to do it either the legit way or the hacking way.

EDIT: On a side note, why not just do Method 1 abuse on a Kecleon around Fortree? Almost everyone misses at least one unless they're going on a genocide rampage.

Hi! I just have a doubt about RNG for Darkrai and Shaymin...
I just found a way (really old) to catch Darkrai in Diamond or Pearl without AR, using the tweaking glitch,
The question is: Will this glitch affect all the process to RNG for Darkrai (stationary pokemon)??
Or there is another way to RNG for Darkrai or Shaymin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRKPj4tcybE (Darkrai)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk8se6l3JR0 (Shaymin)
I just got a Shiny (near-flawless) Darkrai myself yesterday with that exact method. :P

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Using the tweaking glitch to get to Darkrai and Shaymin yields illegal Pokémon because they're only there on D/P - the games that the event items were never given to. In Pt, they won't be on the island unless the key items were obtained.

I've noticed that it only happens on emulator, and it's pretty sad. Looks like you'll have to do it either the legit way or the hacking way.

EDIT: On a side note, why not just do Method 1 abuse on a Kecleon around Fortree? Almost everyone misses at least one unless they're going on a genocide rampage.
This isn't an emulator, this is the actual physical cartirdge in a gameboy advanced sp!

Also, I can't get a Kecleon with Trick by RNGing the Method 1 ones. :p

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
This isn't an emulator, this is the actual physical cartirdge in a gameboy advanced sp!

Also, I can't get a Kecleon with Trick by RNGing the Method 1 ones. :p
4th/5th gen tutor. Unless you intend to use it in Emerald of course.

If it's only some IV spreads that you can't find I think I may know what's going on. But if you can't find any spreads then well... that would be you doing something wrong somewhere.

Trying to hit a frame of 103 in pearl, are there starting frames for 4th gen like BW? Or is it just 103 chatot cries, not 102, or something like that?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Using the tweaking glitch to get to Darkrai and Shaymin yields illegal Pokémon because they're only there on D/P - the games that the event items were never given to. In Pt, they won't be on the island unless the key items were obtained.
Wow, I could have sworn they were given to D/P too, but Bulbapedia says you're right!

But anyway, there are no official (in-person) tournaments where legendaries are allowed (iirc), and I doubt even competitive friends will mind, seeing as how the Platinum one is identical.

4th/5th gen tutor. Unless you intend to use it in Emerald of course.

If it's only some IV spreads that you can't find I think I may know what's going on. But if you can't find any spreads then well... that would be you doing something wrong somewhere.
Planning to use in Emerald. Not sure what's going wrong... I've done this with loads of Pokemon Prior and got the desired results. Done it with almost every species prior to Keckleon in the Hoenn Pokedex and RNGed them fine... But for some Reason Keckleon won't RNG right.

Action Replay doens't mess up the process does it? Hasn't done it before when I've tried just using a code to speed up hatching time.

ok, I'm using Eon Timer, I've got the sec calibration at 0, and the target frame at 2463. The closest alternate frame is 537724 (which is 149 minutes in when my timer is set for about 41 seconds) and the closest frame in split spreads is 949714S which is over 200 minutes in again when my timer is set for only about 41 seconds. I'm also pressing A to talk to the day care man as soon as the save file loads. I'm not sure what is going on. =(

Additional Comment:

I haven't gotten a notice saying that the internal battery has run dry in my Emerald version when I start my game but does THAT affect the RNG process in ANY way?

Also, sorry for the double post. =(

That has no effect. Please list the IVs of the parents, and the IVs of the eggs you keep on getting.
What about having a pokemon with a hacked move in the PC or having the Game Time Maxed out at 999:59? Neither of those affect the RNG either, right?

I'll post my results that I find tomorrow after I get off work. Hopefully that will help. And thanks in advance (pun totally not intended) whether or not what's going wrong is revealed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)