Reflecting on BW and Looking Ahead to Gen VI - SEE POST #508

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, now I found this floating around Facebook recently and I'm kinda leaning towards it legitimacy.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEZvpY8CYAAnCFi.jpg:large
Honestly some of these new Pokemon are very interesting. Having a Fighting Flying Type(calling dibs, as that Pokemon being my favorite ;]) will honestly just be so awesome, while a Grass Dragon will kinda be a downer. Also a Dragon Fighting(calling dibs again ;]) was brought up in the list which really perked my interest.

From a more competitive aspect, looking at all the typings, I still kind of feel Drizzle just might hold its dominance into Gen VI Ladies and Gentlemen, if this keeps up, I welcome you to the age of Rain.....
Now we don't know what new twists GameFreak might introduce but let's hope that this new Generation really balances out our metagame. 'Cause we need it.

But honestly, even if this list ends up being a phony, hopefully these new and interesting typings can really become a reality. I mean. Who doesn't want a Flying Fighting Type? Pretty much perfect coverage. Imagine good stats, with a Boosting move and Drain Punch/Close Combat, Brave Bird/Aerial Ace(I kid haha)and like maybe Fire Punch or Roost. And also Dragon Fighting is really going to bring some interesting competition into the Dragon World. Guys, I think Dragonite just might see itself lose its Top Position once again.... poor guy
Yea, I was gonna bring this up too since I saw PokeaimMD (Joey) posted a youtube video with the same looking list. I'm really trying to not look too into the 6th Gen since I want to be as surprised as possible. Is there anyway to verify if this list is a phony or not right now?

That list is interesting, though I actually doubt its legitimacy considering some of the names are utterly stupid. Houndoomed was the first to come to mind but there are more of those. Also, only one Eeveelution? I expect two, actually.
The myriad of Dragons doesn't work in its favour either.

If it is true, it is certainly interesting. Many unique typings spread throughout evolutionary lines means all tiers get good Pokémon to use, if necessary enhanced with Eviolite. It also would raise the question if someone from GameFreak is lurking and playing around on Smogon and Pokémon Showdown, or a Japanese equalivent. And not only that, he also did his homework because the list is pretty damn convenient at times.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Having a Fighting Flying Type will honestly just be so awesome(...)
Thing is, the list specifically says "Flying/Fighting". No Dual-typed Flying Pokémon has ever had Flying as its primary type (apart from one of the Studio props). So far, whenever something has been Flying, it has always been something else first and flying second. I could buy Fighting/Flying, but not the other way 'round.

Also, the list is mainly composed of Dual-types, far too many to sound credible in my eyes. Not to mention that most of them again are currently unused combinations. This looks too much like a "competitive player's wishlist" to be plausible to me.

Yea, I was gonna bring this up too since I saw PokeaimMD (Joey) posted a youtube video with the same looking list. I'm really trying to not look too into the 6th Gen since I want to be as surprised as possible. Is there anyway to verify if this list is a phony or not right now?
The end of the list says that "Buggler" and "Chryscross" will be revealed March 15. So, they aren't revealed, that means its a fake. I'm leaning towards fake right now, as they'd Gamefreak couldn't be this stupid to let something as major as this leak. It actually reminds of a 'leak' for Smash 4 where the person said there would be a Nintendo Direct revealing news about it, only for Sakurai, a little later, asking fans to be patient and saying that news wouldn't be soon.

Though, right now, I'm leaning towards fake. Houndoomed, Garbage, and Locast all seem too simple for pokemon names. Though, this may be before they're officially translated. Looking through the list, I spotted a definate Houndoom evolution (who should be named Houndemise), a probable Claydol evolution (Eyedol), an iffy Jynx evolution (Fantalis, who shares her type), an iffy Sableye evolution (Sabullion), obvious Throh and Sawk evoltions, and Lapras pre-evo.

So that this qualifies as competetive, Sabullion means Sableye can use Eviolite. Score one for stall.

@Aasgier:
I agree. Houndoomed did sound a little fake but I mean...who knows right?
The person has said that this March 15th, a new trailer would come out and feature the pre-evolutions of Heracross and Pinsir.
If it is true, we may be able to say that some of his claims may be legitimate.
I also do see that there are quite a bit of Dragons but look at Gen V. We had Haxorus, Hydreigon, Druddigon, Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom fly out. GameFreak just might want some more Dragons...?

@Cobraroll:
I see what you're saying and it's right. But TBH, I don't think a Flying-Fighting is out of the question. Flying types have been paired up with every single other type except Fighting. Why not break the trend?
Also, while many of this may sound like a wishlist, at the same time, it is a new game on a new console. GameFreak just may attempt to really shake up our world and throw in some new Pokemon that we haven't had their typings before.
I'm just hoping that whatever may be, Gen VI has to amazing. Just like the jump from Gen IV to V, was huge, I think it's time the jump from Gen V to VI, blow our minds away one more time.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
@Cobraroll:
I see what you're saying and it's right. But TBH, I don't think a Flying-Fighting is out of the question. Flying types have been paired up with every single other type except Fighting. Why not break the trend?
Because it wouldn't make sense to make it primary Flying and secondary Fighting. Fighting/Flying, big YES. Extremely plausible.
But Flying/Fighting? Heck, no. There are currently 83 Dual-typed Flying Pokémon. Not a single one of them has Flying as a primary type. It would make no sense whatsoever to break that norm now.

@CobraRoll:
I think you understand what I'm trying to get at here. Stop getting technical with what I say.
A Flying and Fighting Dual Type Pokemon is very possible for Gen VI

Remember this? A gamer sent an e-mail to all the major gaming websites claiming to be a M$ employee with details on the new XBox. A bunch of major sites were reporting it as news almost immediately. Don't trust leaks, no matter who the info was leaked to.

@Hugin:
You're missing the point here.
Whether or not, this list is legitimate is not a huge issue. We'd like it to be but beggars can't be choosers right?
The whole point of introducing the list was to spark some ideas possibilities of such Pokemon and their typings appearing in the game.
This whole list may be just a phony but that is of little importance. The fact that ideas of a Flying-Fighting or Fighting-Dragon existing is important here. The fact that possibly Drizzle just might hold its dominance and a Drizzle suspect might happen next Gen if the Drizzle does not receive a balancing is what is important.

Okay, so... I was a little bored and started doing calcs for Eviolite Sableye, assuming it had an evolution based on the leak (which I don't currently believe in. However, I'm fond of the idea Sableye getting an evo which prompted these). I actually found several interesting things. For starters, it beats the majority of spinners. Defensive Donphan/defensive Tentacruel/Forretress can either be burned and taunted (Their only chance is to hit Sableye with Toxic on the switch in, which could be allieviated by carrying a cleric such as Vaporeon or Blissey), offensive Donphan can be beaten by Recover/WoW, offensive Tentacruel needs either Rain or SR to 2HKO but still relies on Hydro Pump's shaky accuracy to do so (which recover makes so much harder), and Starmie needs Specs or LO to 2HKO, however, you can fish for a miss/pp stall both using repeated Recovers (assuming you don't have a better answer).

In addition, Sableye checks any Terrakion not carrying either sub or CB (though, a little under half carry one or the other, so it's not that impressive, but you're still checking about half of them). Among other stuff, Sableye beats support Ttar (the most common set), all variants of Jirachi (I think), Alakazam, Reuniclus, and Gengar. Not to mention any physical attackers that can't do 70%+ is going to be forced out under threat of a burn. I'm really hoping we actually get a Sableye evolution and, by extension, Eviolite Sableye. Could go a long way helping Stall out.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
@CobraRoll:
I think you understand what I'm trying to get at here. Stop getting technical with what I say.
A Flying and Fighting Dual Type Pokemon is very possible for Gen VI
My point was, the list messed up the order of the types. That\ should be a red flag, as it kinda ruins its credibility. I agree it would be possible, plausible even, with a Fighting/Flying type, but I doubt this is what we'll be getting.

Also concerning Eviolite Sableye... it beats the spinners of today, sure. But who's to say we won't get another way to Spin that knocks that little shadow imp flat? Gen. VI will probably be an entirely different metagame, so there's no guarantee that what works well today will work at all in October.

Also concerning Eviolite Sableye... it beats the spinners of today, sure. But who's to say we won't get another way to Spin that knocks that little shadow imp flat? Gen. VI will probably be an entirely different metagame, so there's no guarantee that what works well today will work at all in October.
For one matter, like I said earlier, it doesn't beat just spinners. It can check the majority of Terrakions currently (I highly doubt it'll change much with the gen transition, and if anything it'll be a la Metagross where the metagame is less kind to him. Unless there's a new DW and Terrakion gets a new ability that's awesome, but considering that he didn't get a new ability under the current DW, that seems unlikely), and the mons mentioned previously. Also, we'll be lucky to see one new spinner. Rapid Spin is somewhat of a niche move flavor wise, very hard to justify giving to a pokemon. Very few designs could concievably do it, and since GF doesn't care about the competetive enviroment, we'll be lucky to see one sub par pokemon with Rapid Spin, much less an OU viable one.

And, I notice a lot of times that when someone brings up something that'd be good in the current metagame, you say that there's no gurantee it'll be good in the next one. But, there are several pokemon (Starmie, Salamence, Magnezone) who have successfully transfered between gens without sucking. And, in some cases, they didn't even change that much, if at all. Yeah, if we're talking about Gen 5 -> 2, it'll be vastly different. However, the last huge shift in metagame was 1 -> 2. Each of the metagames, other than 1 -> 2, is somewhat similar to the one before it. Plenty of GS threats survived into RSE, RSE 'mons survived into DP, and DP into BW. While a lot of GS threats aren't around anymore, it took most of them three metagames to fall out of style. Nobodies expecting the metagame to be indentical, but it will have similarities. GF hasn't shaken up Pokemon that much since Gen 2, it's always gradual change, so we can expect a lot of the same stuff to apply, even if it isn't everything. So, since Evo Sableye checks several current threats, it will remain good assuming these threats stay around. Considering that Eviolite Sableye checks any physical attacker that isn't doing 70%+ in one attack, it's a fair assumption that it will stay good.

You can justify a lot of things getting Rapid Spin, honestly. If it were available some method other than breeding, and GF wanted, it'd be common enough. Make it like Explosion, where anything vaguely round gets it.

Eviolite Sableye would be awesome. However, I look forward to another pokemon that lacks a weakness. (Spiritomb, Sableye, Elektross, then what?)

Imagine a Water-Ground with Sap Sipper. This pokemon would be bulky, slow, but hit fairly hard. No weaknesses, some good resistances, and a gauranteed spot on a rain team. This pokemon would be unstoppable under the rain.

Imagine a Water-Ground with Sap Sipper. This pokemon would be bulky, slow, but hit fairly hard. No weaknesses, some good resistances, and a gauranteed spot on a rain team. This pokemon would be unstoppable under the rain.
Couldn't help but laugh as I read this post. It really sounds like you want Swampert to receive that Sap Sipper don't you?
If he did I feel he'd definitely receive a ton of more usage as he could take Ferrothorn with his new ability. However, Pokemon such as Latios and Keldeo would still give it tons of Problems.

Screw Swampert, I want Sap Sipper Whiscash. Swampert has enough going for it, let's boost some NU stuff.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i would like
1) Explosion halving your opponents defenses
2) A new viable weather
3)New (and good) rapid spinners

Couldn't help but laugh as I read this post. It really sounds like you want Swampert to receive that Sap Sipper don't you?
If he did I feel he'd definitely receive a ton of more usage as he could take Ferrothorn with his new ability. However, Pokemon such as Latios and Keldeo would still give it tons of Problems.
I was thinking about the whole trend.
Swampert, Whiscash, Gastrodon, Quasire. All have turned out as bulky attackers. Sap sipper would help and rid them of Breloom and Ferrothorn, as well as random Jolteons carrying HP Grass.

I can't really think of any other type combinations, but my brother ahs a whole list. I'll post them if I can access them.

Based on the fact that last generation's games were mainly focused on improving the in-game aspects of the series, I would have to safely assume that this generation will focus on the competitive aspect of playing. With that said, there is no possible way a 4th ability will be added to any pokemon. Three is more than enough for most pokemon to have. A pokemon is blessed to even have 2 usable abilities and it would really suck if for some reason GF found a way to incorporate a reason for giving pokemon a forth ability.

I just hope GF doesn't invent an item where a pokemon can use two of it's abilities at the same time because a Tinted Lens/Speed Boost Yanmega would annihilate things.

Talking about abilities, a new one I just thought of off the top of my head would be one where healing items and moves would increase the healing percentage by 25% or 50%. Any thoughts on the idea of that?

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Based on the fact that last generation's games were mainly focused on improving the in-game aspects of the series, I would have to safely assume that this generation will focus on the competitive aspect of playing. With that said, there is no possible way a 4th ability will be added to any pokemon. Three is more than enough for most pokemon to have. A pokemon is blessed to even have 2 usable abilities and it would really suck if for some reason GF found a way to incorporate a reason for giving pokemon a forth ability.

I just hope GF doesn't invent an item where a pokemon can use two of it's abilities at the same time because a Tinted Lens/Speed Boost Yanmega would annihilate things.

Talking about abilities, a new one I just thought of off the top of my head would be one where healing items and moves would increase the healing percentage by 25% or 50%. Any thoughts on the idea of that?
Yeah! i like this! say if the ability Healer was upgraded (admittedly it's pretty bad) to where all pokemon in your party enjoy the effect of healing move percentages increasing a little bit. might make chansey/blissey a bit OP so idk 30% like LO?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Based on the fact that last generation's games were mainly focused on improving the in-game aspects of the series, I would have to safely assume that this generation will focus on the competitive aspect of playing.
Now you're seeing patterns. I don't really think GameFreak work that way. They fix what needs to be fixed (in their eyes) and what can be fixed, and they care about in-game WAY more than they care about competitive play. The Pokémon games are sold as fun little RPGs with cool monsters, not as an E-sport. They add some stuff every generation, and if it turns out broken, it will either be fixed in a later game, or be banned from official tournaments. Easy as.

With that said, there is no possible way a 4th ability will be added to any pokemon. Three is more than enough for most pokemon to have. A pokemon is blessed to even have 2 usable abilities and it would really suck if for some reason GF found a way to incorporate a reason for giving pokemon a forth ability.
Well, with every generation comes new abilities, and it would kinda suck if the new ones were restricted to Gen. VI Pokémon just because most previous Pokémon already has three abilities. They don't have to add new abilities, but if they do, I'm quite sure they will distribute them across generations in some way. I wouldn't say a fourth ability is entirely out of the question. Then again, I'd expect them to overhaul the entire ability system at some point, because the abilities would begin piling too much up eventually.

We don't know what GameFreak is going to do at this point. We already know they are fresh out of ideas (did you look at the new starters?) and this pokemon thing is getting boring even for them. But, we can hope for some changes. Nintendo has been known to improve gameplay with experience so I know they made some changes to the gameplay. We can't try to figure out patterns at this point because remember, these people are doing this for money. With the abilities thing, I personally don't think that new abilities is bad. It's actually good because it makes gameplay more interesting on both the competitive level and in the actual game itself. However, I know that they will add new abilities to ones they haven't yet so be prepared for that. All I can say is that Gen VI will make a huge change on the competitive scene.

i would like
1) Explosion halving your opponents defenses
2) A new viable weather
3)New (and good) rapid spinners
Explosion most likely probably won't gain back the 1/2 defenses like other things we wished for. Yes! Freaking hail, has Abomasnow it would be cool if a pokemon had both Drought and Snow Warning like the Fire/Ice type. However, I think it should have some downfalls compared to Ninetales and Abomasnow so it doesn't make weather go to RU hopefully. Fog would be interesting. And yes, the only spinner I use is lame Starmie! The other spinners are stupid have stupid designs and suck and can't get past spin blockers.

Explosion most likely probably won't gain back the 1/2 defenses like other things we wished for. Yes! Freaking hail, has Abomasnow it would be cool if a pokemon had both Drought and Snow Warning like the Fire/Ice type. However, I think it should have some downfalls compared to Ninetales and Abomasnow so it doesn't make weather go to RU hopefully. Fog would be interesting. And yes, the only spinner I use is lame Starmie! The other spinners are stupid have stupid designs and suck and can't get past spin blockers.
Explosion going back to its effectively 375 power sounds best as it'd then be viable but encourage most teams to run ghosts/protect. This would maybe nerd stall which I'd hate to do but it'd, imo, make leads viable again.

A new weather is just no! It'd probably involve evasion so we have to play with surf missing until a suspect comes. It'd also overcomplicate everything and probably bring another load of abusers with hugely-powered moves. This would make both stall and offense really hard to play against a force Pokemon on teams. If nighttime happened and we had dark types who got an ability that increases speed or attack in night then we'd have to pleed that they weren't an absol as otherwise even skarm may fall. And that tailwind suggestion gurantees a specially defensive jirachi on every team. Heatran can't check sun as then we'd have 3 steels so it's just make the metagame very dodgy.

At least more spinners is good but Idk why feroseed didn't get it as its spinning await spins in its animation and that'd make ferrothorn a god on stall. Ghost steel type with levitate and can spin. Don't overload a Pokemon with amazing things as then it may be broken. I'd want a poke with reliable recovery, say a bulky dragon water with rapid spin and recover, walling weather, spinning and getting good type coverage with its stabs.

Finally guys what are you thinking about with this Icicle rocks and fire hazards. These would cripple dragons and make them unviable bar that new water dragon I created and kingdra. So what if dragons have good type coverage? We don't want to rid the game of them! Fire whatever would make the ou dragons atm über and then that's definately not good as then rain is also broken and grass and steel are unviable. The extra spinning is making stall have a harder time to as how are they supposed to keep their hazards up with a ground and normal rapid spin? Use Gengar (frail), Mismagius (outclassed), giritina-o (ubers) or drifblm (what?)! That would end stall and now its hyper offence and basically who can setup their op sweaper first. Sounds like a great metagame.

One final note is crits should not be able to cancel attack drops. It should do double the damage that your base attack vs their +0 defence. Sigilyph is way easier to set up than offensive dd pokes. You set up on a banded terrakions cc then cosmic power they go into rotom and u cosmic power tank a volt switch and at that point if your Terrakion misses stone edge it's gg. And that a banded Terrakion and I'm pretty sure most are scarfed. When building a team I don't go must have a counter to sigilyph and sigilyph can out-phase most phazers anyway. Crits just make people not get gready and stall for ever on people not wanting to forfeit.

I hope I'm allowed to post this sort of stuff here.
I wonder what will happen if a new 'mon is released with -
>Ghost/Fighting type
>Access to Swords Dance/Mach Punch/Shadow Sneak
>Technician ability
>Good base attack stat (120-125)

And then everyone would use :
(insert name here) @LO
Adamant w/ Max Atk and HP(?)
Technician
-SD
-Mach Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-a strong STAB move (maybe Close Combat)
Basically, a Scizor with perfect STAB coverage. Will it go to Ubers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)