Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Level 1,000

My Sawsbuck when I vs some players is Level 1,000? :C I can now destroy people yeah but I don't find that fair, Is there a fix?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My Sawsbuck when I vs some players is Level 1,000? :C I can now destroy people yeah but I don't find that fair, Is there a fix?
It's a Custom game problem, if you challenge someone you both need to set the levels to 100 menwhile it's not solved.

Hello I haven't read through the thread, but one problem I found is that the Mac OS downloadable version of PS! has been borked ever since that big crash that happened a couple months back when PS was down for a couple days or more. It never worked after that.

Is there a simple solution to this, and is anyone actually working on that still? Just curious because it was quite convenient.

here is the error I get now: http://i47.tinypic.com/30covg3.jpg

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Hello I haven't read through the thread, but one problem I found is that the Mac OS downloadable version of PS! has been borked ever since that big crash that happened a couple months back when PS was down for a couple days or more. It never worked after that.

Is there a simple solution to this, and is anyone actually working on that still? Just curious because it was quite convenient.

here is the error I get now: http://i47.tinypic.com/30covg3.jpg
Restarting doesn't fix it? You need some way to reset your DNS cache; might be somewhere in System Preferences...

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Foul Play substitutes the target's Attack stat (including regular stat boost) instead of the user's in the damage formula. Does not get an Attack boost from items the target is holding, but if the user is holding an Attack-boosting item such as Choice Band, or has the damage-halving effect of Burn, this is factored into the damage.
On PS, Foul Play gets boosted by the opponent's item when it should not. For example, Foul Play from Spiritomb against CB Entei does 72.23 - 85.17% when it should be doing 47.97 - 56.87%.

The hax

i don't have any replays at the moment for it but the hax in showdown is kinda broken. not like glitched its just because this one match i protected 3 times in a row with yanmegga and getting the second protect on showdown is so easy not like in the game. Also the hax in this game the secondary effects hax effects land more often on showdown.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
i don't have any replays at the moment for it but the hax in showdown is kinda broken. not like glitched its just because this one match i protected 3 times in a row with yanmegga and getting the second protect on showdown is so easy not like in the game. Also the hax in this game the secondary effects hax effects land more often on showdown.
No im going to have to say your wrong, you can look at the code yourself if you like. If you truly feel this is the case then you will need to prove it either through testing and counting yourself (with an appropriate data size) or prove the code is flawed...

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anybody else having problems with rapid spin not spinning away hazards? I was spinning against an armaldo so it wasn't a ghost.
Did your spinner faint right afterwards? For example, by LO / Iron Barbs / Rough Skin / Rocky Helmet?

If so, Rapid Spin would not have worked; that is a known 'glitch'.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Did your spinner faint right afterwards? For example, by LO / Iron Barbs / Rough Skin / Rocky Helmet?

More precisely, it's a counter-intuitive game mechanic. That's how it works ingame.

On PS, Foul Play gets boosted by the opponent's item when it should not. For example, Foul Play from Spiritomb against CB Entei does 72.23 - 85.17% when it should be doing 47.97 - 56.87%.
You put it yourself in the quote. Unlike something like Life Orb, which only boosts the power of attacks, Choice Band boosts the Attack stat itself, so it is factored into Foul Play damage.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader

Life Orb recoil happens after the Rapid Spin effect, so it can't be Life Orb; since Armaldo doesn't get Rough Skin or Iron Barbs, it can only be Rocky Helmet.

You put it yourself in the quote. Unlike something like Life Orb, which only boosts the power of attacks, Choice Band boosts the Attack stat itself, so it is factored into Foul Play damage.
No, Choice Band boosts the Attack of the holder during the damage calculation; Foul Play uses your own item, Ability, and burn status. If Choice Band boosted the raw stat then it would be factored into self-damage from confusion, but it's not (in-game, anyway).

Okay I don't know how often stuff gets updated, but it's saying that Torterra can't learn Stockpile with its dream world ability. It was released through an event with Shell Armor and Stockpile as a special move.

In doubles, Mirror Coat (and Counter) are supposed to target the last Pokémon to hit them, but this wasn't the case in a game I had earlier.

Yeah I had a problem with Outrage too. My opponent in this battle used Outage with Kyurem-B, used it for two turns, never got confused, nor did it say the rampage had ended, and then was able to Freeze Shock my Ferrothorn (which is how I know it wasn't Lum or anything). What's the deal with that?
The same happened to me, twice, while playing Random Battle. The first time I was receiving, the second time I was dealing. There were no items/abilities involved that could’ve caused it, the game just suddenly let me pick other moves without giving me Outrage’s confusion.

Edit: oh, no interruption of any kind happened either (Protect, paralysis or the like).

shiltomp sent out Forretress!

Gyarados used Earthquake!
The foe's Forretress lost 40% of its health!

Gyarados used Waterfall!
The foe's Forretress lost 25% of its health!

Why does a STAB neutral do less than a non-STAB neutral?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
shiltomp sent out Forretress!

Gyarados used Earthquake!
The foe's Forretress lost 40% of its health!

Gyarados used Waterfall!
The foe's Forretress lost 25% of its health!

Why does a STAB neutral do less than a non-STAB neutral?
Please provide a replay; you're probably leaving off some necessary context.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Gyarados Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Forretress: 135-160 (38.13 - 45.19%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Forretress in sun: 79-95 (22.31 - 26.83%) -- possible 5HKO

What you've posted seems to match up perfectly with that situation in Sunny weather - that halves the power of Water moves. You should still post a replay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)