Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, here's a deal. akela needs some time to study IRL, so he bade me to ask for a 2nd subreff for this match. In return, I'll take any match that the subreff wants reffing. 1 for 1. How does that sound?

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
@ Zt: Comes the subref! If you would ref my match vs TrainerX that would be greatly appreciated. Will PM my mons soon.

Open Challenge!!

3v3 (We bring 6 mons though)
FE (20-30 moves or so)
All abilities
All Items
Singles
Switch = Okay
2 day DQ
5/5 Recovers/Chills
Order determined by Coinflip at the start of battle

Arena:
Welcome, stranger, to this wonderous arena where we simulate Gym Battles past, present, and possibly future! It is here that you can reenact the battles of old. Today, Gym Leaders have submitted their gym plans for our usage. Those that did not submit plans.....we talked to the people who helped build these gyms and bought them off.

This arena is designed to perfectly match that of the Gym Leader's personal battlefields. This allows those to test their metal against the strains of hopelessness and find strength. Be ready young traveler,for you are about to face a challenge like never before!!

Battle Rules:
1). For the first round, the arena is just the ASB arena. However, every two round, the arena will randomly change to copy that of a Gym arena.
2). There are 8 Gym Arenas. Starting from top to bottom for the RNG choices.
3). The only restrictions on moves, items, and similar are that of the Arena.

I suggest you bring a varity of types because you will sorely need them.

^Too much of a nubcake right now to take that challenge, considering I'd be pulling a Leeroy Jenkins and running in with all NFEs.

So I'll issue my own challenge! :D

Middle Child + Little Bro Battle (Bring 1 NFE that has evolved and 1 LC)
All Abilities
Training Items (so it's a training battle)
Doubles
Switch = OK, but you can't really in a 2v2 with 2 Pokémon
1 Day DQ
2 Recovers/2 Chills
ASB Normal Arena

Open Challenge!!

3v3 (We bring 6 mons though)
FE (20-30 moves or so)
All abilities
All Items
Singles
Switch = Okay
2 day DQ
5/5 Recovers/Chills
Order determined by Coinflip at the start of battle

Arena:
Welcome, stranger, to this wonderous arena where we simulate Gym Battles past, present, and possibly future! It is here that you can reenact the battles of old. Today, Gym Leaders have submitted their gym plans for our usage. Those that did not submit plans.....we talked to the people who helped build these gyms and bought them off.

This arena is designed to perfectly match that of the Gym Leader's personal battlefields. This allows those to test their metal against the strains of hopelessness and find strength. Be ready young traveler,for you are about to face a challenge like never before!!

Battle Rules:
1). For the first round, the arena is just the ASB arena. However, every two round, the arena will randomly change to copy that of a Gym arena.
2). There are 8 Gym Arenas. Starting from top to bottom for the RNG choices.
3). The only restrictions on moves, items, and similar are that of the Arena.

I suggest you bring a varity of types because you will sorely need them.
Accepting this.

^Too much of a nubcake right now to take that challenge, considering I'd be pulling a Leeroy Jenkins and running in with all NFEs.

So I'll issue my own challenge! :D

Middle Child + Little Bro Battle (Bring 1 NFE that has evolved and 1 LC)
All Abilities
Training Items (so it's a training battle)
Doubles
Switch = OK, but you can't really in a 2v2 with 2 Pokémon
1 Day DQ
2 Recovers/2 Chills
ASB Normal Arena
And this.

I'll ref both of the above battles when they get opponents.
Thanks for reffing.

Ref anyone? It will be a quick match.
I'll ref your battle.

EDIT: and gonna issue a 7v7 Doubles match.
Abilities: All
Items: On
Switch: OK
Unlimited Chills/Recoveries
Arena: Standard ASB Tournament Arena.

Seeking a 1vs1 NFE
All Abilities
Training Items
Switch=Derp
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/3 Chills
2 Subs
Arena: God Tier
Today, Arceus smiles on the ASB arena. This is the ASB Arena after all, and conduct flows just like it normally does. However (as usual), there is just one small difference. Each Pokemon in the battle's stats are replaced with the stats of a Legendary Pokemon of your choice. The nature of this Pokemon remains the same as it was before the boost, and any stat-boosting items boost stats based on the Pokemon's original true base stat values. The Pokemon's typing, abilities, and movepool remains the same. The only legendary that cannot be copied is Arceus, as he is proud and would not tolerate being copied. The Legendaries being copied will be PM'd with the Pokemon.

I don't care about the rules, just hoping to get a real quick 1v1 flash with my:

Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)

Type:
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Magic Guard
Type: Innate
This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Spikes, Stealth Rock, Hail, Sandstorm, Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not take any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks. Toxic still increases in damage each round, although if Magic Guard is in effect the Pokemon will not suffer any damage. Life Orb recoil is not negated.

Ability 2: Overcoat
This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather. If the Pokemon is already immune to at least one (1) kind of weather by typing or a different ability, Overcoat reduces the Base Attack Power of all oncoming attacks by one (1).

Ability 3: Regenerator (DW: Locked)
When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 17 (-) (-10% Eva)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

Attacks:
Physical:
Rollout

Special:
Hidden Power 7 (Fighting)
Psyshock
Psywave
Shadow Ball

Support:
Charm
Confuse Ray
Imprison
Light Screen
Protect
Recover
Reflect
Snatch
Thunder Wave
Trick

faylion, accepting with my tirtouga

Tirtouga[Lincoln](M)

Nature: brave (+atk, -15% spe, -10% evasion )
Type:
Water
- Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Rock - Rock STAB; reduced damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:

Solid Rock: (innate) This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).
Sturdy: (innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Swift Swim: (DW)(Locked) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4(+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 19(-)
-10% evasion
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 1/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Bide
withdraw
water gun
rollout
bite
protect
aqua jet
ancient power
crunch
wide guard

body slam
iron defense
flail

dive
stone edge
smack down
earthquake

Dropping my match with TIO, he hasnt been on for a few days.

4 vs 4 LC Singles
5 Chills/2 Recovers
All Abilities
Training Items
2 Recovers, 5 Chills
2 Day DQ
2 Subs

Arena: Underground Daycare Center

Arena: Underground Day Care Center
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Format: All
An untold secret about the Day Care Center in an unspecified region. Supposedly, there is one in every region. Beneath those hallowed halls of love and care is a war pit. Declined eggs speckle the shelves on all the walls. Pokemon who battle in this place gain a boost from their Egg Group. The floor is made of impenetrable organic concrete. The fighting area is about 50 x 50 x 30 meters. The actual room is about 75 x 60 x 50.

Pokemon belonging to two (2) egg groups gain the following effects:
Monster Group: Increases this pokemon's accuracy by a flat 10%.
Water 1 Group: Increases the effect chance of all moves by 200% (x2).
Bug Group: Gains one (1) extra attack on multi-hit moves, with no cap.
Flying Group: All pokemon in this Egg Group are immune to the effects of Smack Down and do not lose the Ground immunity while using Roost.
Field Group: This pokemon's STAB becomes five (5) instead of three (3).
Fairy Group: Attraction has an additional fifty percent (50%) chance to be inflicted upon opponents that come in contact with this pokemon, even if they are genderless or the same gender.
Grass Group: The pokemon heal twenty percent (x0.2) of damage inflicted to opposing pokemon with STAB moves.
Water 3 Group: At the end of each round, there is a 50% chance of boosting ATK, DEF, SPA, or SPD one (1) stage.
Mineral Group: All super effective attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 3 BAP. All regular damage attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 2 BAP. All not very effective attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 1 BAP.
Amorphous Group: The physical form of these pokemon is ever changing. This provides a flat 5% boost in evasion.
Water 2 Group: This pokemon has learned to adapt to all weathers. It dodges hail stones, sand particles, rays of light, and rain drops with ease. All this exercise has given it a 50% (x1.5) boost in weather to speed.
Dragon Group: EN use is decreased by 10% (x0.1).**
Human-Like: Increase the end damage of "Punch", "Kick", and "Chop" moves by three (3) damage.*

Pokemon belonging to one (1) egg group gain the following effects:
Monster Group: Increases this pokemon's accuracy by a flat 15%.
Water 1 Group: Increases the effect chance of all moves by 200% (x2). Increases the effect chance of combo moves by 250% (x2.5)
Bug Group: Gains two (2) extra attacks on all multi-hit moves, with no cap.
Field Group: This pokemon's STAB becomes seven (7) instead of three (3).
Flying Group: All pokemon in this Egg Group are immune to the effects of Smack Down and do not lose the Ground immunity while using Roost. This pokemon is unaffected by the secondary effects of super-effective attacks.
Fairy Group: Attraction has an additional fifty percent (50%) chance to be inflicted upon opponents that come in contact with this pokemon, even if they are genderless or the same gender. Attraction lasts six (6) actions.
Grass Group: The pokemon heal thirty percent (x0.3) of damage inflicted to opposing pokemon with STAB moves.
Water 3 Group: At the end of each round, there is a 50% chance of boosting ATK, DEF, SPA, or SPD two (2) stages.
Mineral Group: All super effective attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 4 BAP. All regular damage attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 3 BAP. All not very effective attacks against this pokemon are reduced by 2 BAP.
Amorphous Group: The physical form of these pokemon is ever changing. This provides a flat 10% boost in evasion.
Water 2 Group: This pokemon has learned to adapt to all weathers. It dodges hail stones, sand particles, rays of light, and rain drops with ease. All this exercise has given it a 50% (x1.5) boost to speed.
Dragon Group: EN use is decreased by 20% (x0.2).***
Human-Like: Increase the end damage of "Punch", "Kick", and "Chop" moves by five (5) damage.
Ditto Group: When Transformed, the Pokemon Ditto Transformed into gains the Limber Ability.
Undiscovered Group: This Pokemon's uniqueness has make it hardy and tough. It gains a flat 25 more HP.

*Note: End Damage means the damage is calculated normally. Then, add 3 or 5 on to that damage to get the final damage.
**For simple calculation, multiply the base EN by 0.9.
***For simple calculation, multiply the base EN by 0.8.

I'll accept, I guess. :) I think I know my team, too.

reffing this

Ok imma drop three challenges feel free to take them up.

One: 3v3 Singles LC
Arena: ASB Arena
Nature:Training
Items:Training
Abilities:None
DQ:2 Days
Subs:None
Heals/Chills:None
(Standard match, nothing special just some training.)

Two: 4v4 FE singles(with 26 moves or less)
Arena: ASB Arena(eh I suppose a small twist, the arena is always under the effect of a weather, switching every round between: Summer(Sunlight), Winter(Hail), Fall(Fog), and Spring(Rain)
Nature:Training
Abilities:One
DQ:2 Days
Subs:One
Heals/Chills:2/4
(Standard match, nothing special just some training.)

And the real fight!

"Do you have what it takes?"

Two: 6v6 FE singles
Arena:Here is a doozy
Inside this cave, peace has ruled for many ages, it wasn't until very recently that Kevin and his Royal Guard dug it up. It houses a special pool of liquid. It has been determined through studies that it is not water but a special compund that magically formed in nature(Ref can determine what it does) The cave itself is 100 meters, by 100 meters and very tall(200 meters)

Nature:Real
Abilities:All
DQ:3 Days
Subs:Two
Heals/Chills:4/8
(Standard match)

And because boredom is amazing imma ref this fight

Two: 6v6v6, 9 man team match FE Triples
Arena:The Final Judgement

Welcome to Vaem, the most haunted and hallowed areas in Terra Luna: The land where Kevin calls home. Kevin has decided to honor the heroes that have fallen in this world by letting them watch a true test of will and wits. He has invited a number of people to show the amazing power of today's champions. The 9 champions will be split into 3 man teams and will compete under the banner of one of the worlds powers; The Unbreakable Legion, Aradosa, The Cunning Guilds, Rimeth or, the Solemn Minds Vaem. Kevin has called for special mages to turn this fight into a battle, changing the arena as the warriors please(reader note, you asbers are not the warriors they wanna please). The starting arena will begin as such, you will start in a central room that looks as such

And will start on opposite ends of the room. Even though you start in a central room, you may retreat outside to allow for better maneuverability, though this cost energy(10 Energy and two actions). Once outside there is a courtyard, that spans for little under a mile. inside of this there is a hedge maze, a pool of water(250 yards, circular), a massive graveyard, that takes up the entire back of the courtyard, and a great stature dominates the center of the courtyard the depicts the greatest hero of the land, Frederic.

And there will be a "special" secret for those that dare to sully the warriors pride.

Remember challengers, this is not a fight for the faint-hearted. This fight will be one that bards will comprise epic poems about. You will need to stand together with your team or you may find yourself

falling

one

by

one.

Nature: Real
Items:All
Abilities:None
DQ:2 Days for fighters, 3 for me
Heals/Chills:Unlimited
Flavor match, I expect you to work with the area(if you need specifics PM me and I'll get you your answer.)

Slots for this(So a brainwave came to me and I decided that yall get a banner, which gives a buff to your team so long as one of your members holds it)

Aradosa The Unbreakable Legion:Banner Effect: This banner is comprised of a heavy Steel pole with a bright red backdrop featuring a bulwark. It bestows +1 Defence to all teammates, and when a mon drops below 20% health, this effect is trippled.
1) SimonSays
2)Glacier Knight
3)Orcinus Duo

Rimeth the Cunning Guilds:Banner Effect: This banner resembles a golden staff with a bright light at the top. it gives all teammates +5% Accuracy, and should a team member hit with a move with less than 100/perfect accuracy the light can be used to lower a foes accuracy by 5%.
1)Pwnemon
2)Deck Knight
3)Leethoof

Vaem The Solemn Minds:This banner brings a library to mind, and gives insight to all teammates, giving a passive +1 Special Attack. This passive can be activated to triple the effect but it must recharge next round(all teammates lose the passive until it comes back off of cooldown.)
1)Ragnarokalex
2)TheWolfe
3)---

(these banners affect base stats, not act as boosts, ie Dragon Dance)
Invitations are sent out should they not accept I will open this to anyone.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Accepting the 3v3 LC Single from TRG, using Gajeel the Murkrow, Juvia the Snorunt, and Pantherlily the Anorith. Switch = OK.

I really need someone to help me get used to ASB battling by doing a 1v1 Beginner's Battle against my Snivy. Could someone please accept? UllarWarlord already agreed to ref my battle and I'm allowing him to choose the arena for me.

I really need someone to help me get used to ASB battling by doing a 1v1 Beginner's Battle against my Snivy. Could someone please accept? UllarWarlord already agreed to ref my battle and I'm allowing him to choose the arena for me.
I shall accept. I have the perfect pokemon for this situation.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I shall accept. I have the perfect pokemon for this situation.
I SHALL REFEREE THIS. Send in your Pokemon, and the arena will be revealed upon the thread's creation!

EDIT: Screw it. I'll reveal the arena now:

The ASB Arena is covered by a black storm. Two tall pedestals have been erected on each side of the arena, one for each of the Trainers. These pillars seem...different. The truth is, they have been imbued with magical powers...allowing the Trainers to do more than just command their Pokemon...

Arena Summary:
-All moves are successful, just like the normal ASB Arena
-At the beginning of each round, the trainer who is not moving first may cast a spell on either their team or the opposing team
-All status, major and minor (including Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, Wish and the like), as well as stat boosts and decreases, all vanish at the end of a round. This includes those inflicted by spells
-Each spell affects only one Pokemon, unless it affects the whole field
-In a singles match, each player may cast one spell
-In a doubles or more match, each player may cast up to two spells
-In a Multi Battle, each player may cast one spell each

Spells that can be cast:
-Infernal Fire: Target is burned for the round
-Deadly Plague: Target suffers 3DPA Toxic for the round
-Utter Disorientation: Target suffers confusion for 2 actions, guaranteed
-Binding Electricity: Target suffers 25% Paralysis for entire round
-Eastern Wind: Target is under effect of Tailwind for the round
-Crippling of Defenses: Target suffers -2 Def and SpD for the round
-Protective Barrier: Target is under both Light Screen and Reflect for the round
-Enchanted Spirit: Target is under Safeguard for the round
-Fearful Presence: Target gains the effects of Pressure for the round
-Dimension Distortion: Trick Room is in place for the round
-Oobleck: Target's items become unusable for the round

And the real fight!

"Do you have what it takes?"

Two: 6v6 FE singles
Arena:Here is a doozy
Inside this cave, peace has ruled for many ages, it wasn't until very recently that Kevin and his Royal Guard dug it up. It houses a special pool of liquid. It has been determined through studies that it is not water but a special compund that magically formed in nature(Ref can determine what it does) The cave itself is 100 meters, by 100 meters and very tall(200 meters)

Nature:Real
Abilities:All
DQ:3 Days
Heals/Chills:4/8
(Standard match)
Looks like the official Team Water Warriors will be uniting for the first time on the field of battle!

Also, Switch = OK, for added epicness.

Seeking a 1vs1 NFE
All Abilities
Training Items
Switch=Derp
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/3 Chills
2 Subs
Arena: God Tier
Today, Arceus smiles on the ASB arena. This is the ASB Arena after all, and conduct flows just like it normally does. However (as usual), there is just one small difference. Each Pokemon in the battle's stats are replaced with the stats of a Legendary Pokemon of your choice. The nature of this Pokemon remains the same as it was before the boost, and any stat-boosting items boost stats based on the Pokemon's original true base stat values. The Pokemon's typing, abilities, and movepool remains the same. The only legendary that cannot be copied is Arceus, as he is proud and would not tolerate being copied. The Legendaries being copied will be PM'd with the Pokemon.
Any takers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)