My First Try in VGC !

Still looks like a great, balanced team, but I might replace hydreigon so that you don't have 3 ice and fighting weaknesses, although you could also replace Volcarona with Heatran. It walls chandelure and can easily synergize with the rest of your team, since nothing really likes taking Draco meteors anyway.

Oh wow, can't believe I actually forgot about that O_O

I didn't mention it, but yeah I actually really thought about putting Heatran instead of Volcarona. It still have good power, but is also very bulky, and fairly speedy. I'll just do a few battles just to make sure, and I'll add it in after :)

EDIT: Awseome fight I just had ! Probably one of my best ones (as in it was fun): http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013dev10156820

EDIT 2: Guy forfeits after having Earthquake'd his own Chandelure: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013dev10162394

EDIT 3: It's official, Heatran's gonna replace Volcarona !

Air Balloon's get popped really easily though, so I'd say Chople Berry.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. I'm currently int he high 1500's in ladder ranking, and going up towards the 1600's !

Wow it has been a while, on LO terrakion run protect over x-scissor as it is only really used on choice'd sets. Protect is better because it generally eases prediction and doesn't allow for positions where you need to be protected to allow a different pokemon to take care if a threat.

Hey, sorry for late response, haven't looked at this thread in a while...

Yeah, I put it there before since I was originally gonna do a Choice Band set, but now I'll just run standard moves on him :)

yeah, your team is weak to fighting. Also, your team is too offensive, how about a bulky pokemon? Eg;cresselia, chansey, dusclops, porygon2 etc I recommend dusclops because of the immunity

yeah, your team is weak to fighting. Also, your team is too offensive, how about a bulky pokemon? Eg;cresselia, chansey, dusclops, porygon2 etc I recommend dusclops because of the immunity
I agree on how he's weak to Fighting, but how is a VGC considered "too offensive"!? this is a very fast-paced metagame which is why support moves except twave and maybe TR are seen. also, that's why setup is rare. you only see one or two supporters per team.

I'm weak to Fighting type, but seeing as Fighting-type Pokemons are rare in the VGC (apart from Hitmontop), it isn't that bad.

And I know many PKMNs can learn Fighting type moves such as Mach Punch or Focus Blast. But I always have a way of dealing with those PKMNs ;) Besides, I've had NO PROBLEMS with Fighting, so I don't really have plans to change anything.

And following the "too offensive" remark: choosing a more defensive PKMN would just lower my offensive capabilities. Plus, I don't have any setup to do, so it seems kinda useless for my team...

Dusclops is a really defensive PKMN... It might seem out of place with the rest of my team. But it could be interesting. I'll try it out maybe.

Hey guys :)

I would like to officially announce that I was placed 14th out of 130 people in Masters Division ! I was at the Foxborough Regional :)

I just want to thank everyone for your help and support. I never thought I could have done so good for my first time, and it's all thanks to you guys :) You all really helped me build my team, and I'm really thankfull for that !

I know I'm not really adding much, but I just wanted to thank you guys for this ! I'm really looking forward to future tournaments, and hope to see some of you guys there :)

Have fun playing Pokemon guys :)

TO ALL ADMINS: PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS MESSAGE. THIS IS MY WAY OF THANKING EVERYONE. THIS MEANS A LOT TO ME.

Hey guys :)

I would like to officially announce that I was placed 14th out of 130 people in Masters Division ! I was at the Foxborough Regional :)

I just want to thank everyone for your help and support. I never thought I could have done so good for my first time, and it's all thanks to you guys :) You all really helped me build my team, and I'm really thankfull for that !

I know I'm not really adding much, but I just wanted to thank you guys for this ! I'm really looking forward to future tournaments, and hope to see some of you guys there :)

Have fun playing Pokemon guys :)

TO ALL ADMINS: PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS MESSAGE. THIS IS MY WAY OF THANKING EVERYONE. THIS MEANS A LOT TO ME.
hey man, been awhile since I visited this thread, but congrats on your t16 finish! :D

Thanks man :) I could have actually ended up getting into Top 8, but I lost 2 matches out of 8, and one of them was because I killed the wrong PKMN XD But I'm still really happy about how I did. Made a bunch of friends too :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)