Kyurem Black the Big Beautiful Beast.

Introduction
Hello and welcome to my RMT. I thought I would try out Kyurem Black because it has sky high attack, high HP and average defence. A lot of people don't use Kyurem Black despite of it's uber BST because it is checked easily due to its typing and pokemon like Terrakion, Scizor and Brelooom easily check it. So I thought I would take a more defensive approach with my team since I usually make HO whenever I play Pokemon. I won't go blabbing more about my team so here goes the team preview.

Team Preview
Team Building Process​
Kyurem B is a pokemon that I have wanted to use for a while.
I added Heatran, Jellicient and Celebi as my FWG core
Starmie was added on because I need a spinner for my team since Kyurem Black hates hazard and Starmie is my anti weather pokemon.
Skarmory was the last addition because I needed Spike support for my team and a good physical tank.
I replaced Starmie with Forretress thanks to ganj4lF suggestion since Starmie and Jellicent had similar resistance and Forry is my new spiker. Landorus-T replaced Skarmory since it gives me some offence if Kyurem-B is taken down.

Team in-depth

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 136 SDef / 56 Spd
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Hone Claws
- Dragon Tail​

This Kyurem set is so bulky allowing to take hits like scarfed Terrakion CC and Specs Keldeo SS and it's subs can survive weak special attacks like defensive Heatran Lava Plumes. Roost allows Kyurem Black to regain its health back. Hone Claws lets Kyurem Dragon Tail more powerful and 100% accuracy. Dragon Tail is great for shuffling and since Kyurem Black is faster than other phasers they will always be hit by Dragon Tail so they can't phase Kyurem Black out. This has honsetly become one of my favourite Kyurem Black set out there.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt​

Jellicent is by far the best spin blocker in OU. Bold nature and 0 Atk ivs allow Jellicent to take the least amount of damage from Foul Play and confusion damage. The evs are simple max HP enough speed to outspeed 0 speed Scizor and burn it while the rest goes into defence (maybe change to out speed other Skarmorys). Recover is a obvious move to regain health. Scald is Jellicent only attacking move so it's not Taunt bait and is very helpful for getting burn hax. Taunt allows me to shut down other walls such as opposing Jellicent and Blissey/Chansey.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Psychic
- Baton Pass / U-Turn
- Perish Song​

Celebi is so bulky great against rain teams since its a counter to common rain sweepers like Keldeo and Jirachi while countering other Pokemon like Breloom, Landorus and Latias. Recover heals Hp. Only running Psychic because I did not realize my team was so Gengar weak and can hit Pokemon like Breloom and Toxicroak. U-Turn gains momentum for my team, currently I'm trying out Baton Pass its helpful since Celebi can't be pursuit trapped by Scizor or Tyranitar. Perish Song forces bulky set up sweepers to switch most notable Calm Mind Latias.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Heatran solves my Venasaur weakness at least the non mixed ones. Stealth Rock is essential for every team. Lava Plume is great for hitting Pokemon even without investment into special attack it still does a decent chunk to frail Pokemon. Toxic cause every stall team needs some Toxic stalling action somewhere. Protect to Scout Pokemon while it can wrack up Toxic damage.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Forretress was a great add on to my team since it still can take hits from Terrakion and potentially OHKO with Gyro Ball after -1 defence. Spikes for hazard support. Rapid Spin is essential for my team since it doesn't like hazards. Gyro Ball does decent damage to fast and frail pokemon Salamance, Alakazam and Landorus. Volt Switch makes team semi Volt-turn great for momentum and escape Magnezone Magnet Pull.

Xous54 from deviantArt
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower​

Landorus-T another suggestion from ganjlf4 is another great suggestion. Landorus-T acts as the glue of this team. Gives me some offensive power if my Kyurem-B is taken down early game. Checks most of the threats that I had before adding it. Earthquake and Stonedge create the infamous EdgeQuake combo that is resisted by few pokemon. U-Turn is great for momentum. Superpower rounds off the coverage by letting it hit pokemon like Ferrothorn, Hydregion and Mamoswine for super effective damage.

Threat List
OTR is difficult to check considering to use Jirachi on the team but idk what pokemon to replace for it
CB Garchomp/Haxorus can hit my most of my team super effective and 2HKO a lot. Landorus-T can outspeed it and 2HKO it with EQ.

Possibly others that I cannot think of.

Importable
(leave a luvdisc if you use this team)

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 136 SDef / 56 Spd
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Hone Claws
- Dragon Tail

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spd
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Perish Song

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm just curious as to the use of Hail on a Starmie, and why it's first on a slash. The only Pokemon I can see that truly benefits from Hail is Kyu-B; while it DOES help against weather starters, I wouldn't recommend relying on it. Last night, I found this team, and tried it out, and it didn't work well for me with hail; Ill keep testing it though. With Starmie's great Sp.Atk, one attack move doesn't do it any good.

I'm just curious as to the use of Hail on a Starmie, and why it's first on a slash. The only Pokemon I can see that truly benefits from Hail is Kyu-B; while it DOES help against weather starters, I wouldn't recommend relying on it. Last night, I found this team, and tried it out, and it didn't work well for me with hail; Ill keep testing it though. With Starmie's great Sp.Atk, one attack move doesn't do it any good.
I have had success with Hail before but at times I did wish I had Psyshock instead of Hail. I keep testing to see which one is superior though.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi. This team impresses me for its almost complete lack of offense. Besides from laying hazards and shuffling them to death, your only "offensive" threat is Kyurem, and if you lose it for any reason, you must hope your hazards are enough to shuffle them to death. While the impressive array of walls your team uses make sure almost every threat can be handled somehow, I'd like to suggest adding an alternate winning condition to avoid being basically helpless when the flow of the match doesn't go as planned.

So we need to free a team slot before adding something more offensive. I think there's a degree of redundancy between Jellicent and Starmie: they both check basically the same threats, and are checked by very similar things. Starmie is mainly there for its spinning ability; however, Forretress can both provide that kind of support, set up Spikes, and deal with a solid amount of physical attackers in the tier. We can condense somewhat Starmie and Skarmory's roles into Forretress, and free a team slot for the reason I explained earlier. While Forretress lacks reliable recovery, your already super solid defensive backbone should be able to take some extra blow without being stressed too much; Heatran can deal with many Dragons on its own, while Jellicent is more bulky than many expect, and can live to burn them or Recover in their face. If you still think this is not enough, hold on for a moment; I'll address this point later.

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Now, let's talk about the offensive addition I mentioned before. There's a very nice pokemon that can both clean up quite well late game, give a revenge killer for some fast threat that could be troublesome (like CM Latias if Celebi cannot Perish Song her), and help Forretress with the physical assaults it will take. I'm talking about Scarf Landorus-T, which I think could be quite a nice addition for your team. You have absolutely no issues with its weaknesses (Celebi takes Water attacks and weaker Ice Beams, Jellicent doesn't care at all, Heatran laughs at Ice attacks and can take the occasional weak Scald, and Kyu-B is no slouch either), Intimidate can be used at its fullest in a bulky team like yours, to neuter physical threat and then U-Turn in their face when they switch out / try to punish Lando. Its coverage allows it to severely dent many threats, notably Psychic types (with U-Turn) that you have some problems with, and generally everything else if you pick the correct move. Adding Lando to your team will allow you to attempt a cleanup lategame even if your Kyu-B died somewhat, maybe to an unlucky burn or a critical hit, while continuing to be helpful even defensively, with its Intimidate and momentum-building properties.

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf | Intimidate
Jolly | 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Superpower

The only problem you may encounter with my suggestion is an increased Mamoswine vulnerability: you'd either need to play smart and get Jellicent in onto an Ice attack to deal with it, or rely on a healthy Forretress to nuke it down with Gyro Ball. However, the pros in my opinion outweight the cons, for the reasons I explained before.

Hope my rate is useful somewhat. Good luck.

Thanks for the rate! I really like your recommendation of forry and landorus-t. I will probably go through with them. I am also considering scarfTar since it cover my threat list. Not going with scarfTar since it'll create too many fighting weakness

Your team is pretty weak to a terrakion that gets an SD up, so you might want to make celebi defensive since you already have jellicent and Kyu-B to manhandle most rain threats.

Your team is pretty weak to a terrakion that gets an SD up, so you might want to make celebi defensive since you already have jellicent and Kyu-B to manhandle most rain threats.
My team won't be anymore since I'll be going with ganj4lf suggestion with scarf Landorus-T and Forry can take a hit with sturdy and Gyro Ball it.

Awesome! Someone uses a defensive-Ish Kyu-B!!! Just first off, your team is really defensive atm (it will be okay if you run scarf lando)but something I noticed that you have almost nothing to actually kill dragons, aside from dragon tail or something to wear it down. So just a suggestion for you but maybe run HP ice on lando to be able to knock out opposing lando, gliscor, dnite, chomp, mence (basically dragons that are 4x weak to it) other than that, that's all I can do for now. I'll test out your team tomorrow so expect to see me again?

Awesome! Someone uses a defensive-Ish Kyu-B!!! Just first off, your team is really defensive atm (it will be okay if you run scarf lando)but something I noticed that you have almost nothing to actually kill dragons, aside from dragon tail or something to wear it down. So just a suggestion for you but maybe run HP ice on lando to be able to knock out opposing lando, gliscor, dnite, chomp, mence (basically dragons that are 4x weak to it) other than that, that's all I can do for now. I'll test out your team tomorrow so expect to see me again?
Thanks. I haven't really had any trouble to those pokemon you mentioned since my defensive core handles them nicely. Though CB Garchomp/may be problematic since Forry can get worn down easily by Outrages. It may predict Forry and use Fire Fang. Jelly is 2HKO by CB Outrage iirc. I would like to use HP Ice but Superpower is needed since wall breaker Hydregion wrecks my team. I'll test and see though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)