Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

The Zororoaster, your battling Pokemon may never learn any new moves unless you cannot prevent it. What they have when you get them is what they stick with. HM mules that never fight are exempt.
Accepted. This should lead to a few interesting party changes as the game progresses, and at the very least will prevent me from using strategic TMs to sweep everyone.

Zoroamaster, you must always have a patrat. The only experience it can get is from exp. share and battling gym trainers/leaders.

I am evil, but you asked for a very hard challenge! :)
You got my name wrong. Accepted, at least it isn't a Bidoof. I'm not sure how the new BW experience mechanics will effect this, but my Pokemon will definitely be getting less experience per battle. A good combo with thier weaker moves.

@cantab
I reccomend using this combo of challenges for your mid-game challenge:

-You may only heal once per Pokemon Center
-Whenever you use an item in battle, you must use it again on the next turn
-You can only buy 3 items from any individual Poke Mart. Keep in mind that when you buy those 3 items, you can't buy from that Poke Mart for the rest of the game.
-You may not use any healing items outside of trainer battles.
Have fun :)
If you fail to complete these challenges you will have to spend 2/3 of all your money on Greet mail and write out long, passionate love letters to Bianca on them(The very last part is optional).

You can use this for your early game challenge if you want, but i think it will be ideal mid-game.

Who else needs challenges?

Accepted, even though it feels more like four challenges than one :-P Check page 26 to verify the more succint rewording.

I would like a challenge.
I will be playing Platinum after i am done my current Nuzlocke of it.
I would like a challenge for 6 pokemon to use, 3 moderate ones, 2 decently hard ones, and one that is just plain annoying.
also, 2 challenges not relating to my pokemon, any difficulty.
EDIT: i can trade between HG, and SS when i find my copy.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
BobbyVaporeon; You team can only be of pokemon requiring some kind of effort to obtain.
Honey trees, changing the clock or going far out of your way to obtain them.

Celever

i am town
Ok Bobby, just do this then (:()

Catch a pokemon on the route before a gym battle, solo the gym leader in the next town.

I'd like to do a diamond gauntlet please
Medium difficulty
2 game long challenges and two before each badge
I can trade between all gen 4 games

EDIT: Have two game long challenges now, so just need two challenges for between the start and the first gym. Just one more needed now :)

Game long
No shopping in the game
Any pokemon that evolves has its moveset locked upon evolution

First gym challenges
Catch a pokemon in the ravaged path and solo Roark with it

Medium difficulty
Game-Long Challenge:

When a pokemon evolves, it's moveset is now locked as it was upon evolution.

Bonus: You cannot catch mons that don't evolve.

Cantab, sounds difficult but ill give it a try. Is this just restricted to poke marts or is it anywhere at all?
No shopping, anywhere :-P. Though I think the only non Poke Mart places to shop are the house in Celestic Town, and the Game Corner for game coins.

Medium difficulty

EDIT: Have two game long challenges now, so just need two challenges for between the start and the first gym.

Game long
No shopping in the game
Any pokemon that evolves has its moveset locked upon evolution
Catch a Pokemon in the Ravaged Path and solo Roark with it.

Celever

i am town
I want to do a XD: gale of darkness gauntlet.

Game long challenges:
1) No switching (Courtesy - I mean annoyingly - of Jimera!
2) Only STAB moves, including non-damaging moves (Courtesy of Houndoomsday)
3)
4)
Will take after I start:
5)
6)

Admin challenges:
Like so Lovrina: Her teenage spirit has infected you, to the point where it has affected your behavior. In order to "fit in" with her, you have to complete this challenge (I know you are a boy, but basically she has made your character think that he is a teenage girl/act like one for the fight):
You must go on a "shopping spree" beforehand. Then, to show off what you've bought, use an item every other move, the entire fight. (Thank you very much houndoomsday, giving out two challenges is really helping me out here, and they are both good! :))
to
Political master Snattle:
to
Ooh Ooh Gorigan:
to
Ardos:
and
Eldes:
to
The final countdown showdown!! (yet I don't know his name right now...):

My team (I'm picking 4 of them, but it could be nice to know for your challenge.):
Ledyba!
Spinarak!
Vulpix!
Snorunt!
Beedril! (Thanks to jimera, I am happy with it since I was going to use it one game but I went with butterfree instead for a reason I can't remember)
(I need one more)

You decide the last two! (I have used many and this is a run where I don't use any I have used before, so I will be able to turn down some pokemon you submit. I also don't want any challenges or anything for the pokemon, just a note saying which I should I use at the bottom of your gauntlet.)

Thank you, and I am making jimera happy since I am bumping his thread!

EDIT

Hang on I mucked everything up I'll have it in a moment

OK Celeverr you are challenged to never switch your Pokemon out of battle. Ever. If you want to change Pokemon, the one you currently have in battle needs to faint first.

I hope you pack a lot of revives.

Also, take Natu BEEDRILL as your 5th Pokemon. You are going to have a rock weakness for the ages, and your fire weakness won't be much better!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Celever

i am town
Even though I had to hunt you down on irc, make you change your pokemon twice and change your challenge once, accpeted! Only took 15 minutes!

Celever

i am town
bump to top of page again because I need challenges! >:(

Also I'm wondering, am I not getting challenges because no one knows about XD?

celever: You can only use moves that are the type of your Pokemon. TO clarify, you can use STAB moves, but also all other non-damaging moves of the Pokemon's type. Game long, obviously!

Celever

i am town
Accepted! Thanks!

Just 10 challenges to go! :P

If possible could you do Lovrina first so that I can at least start it, and while I play I could get some more challenges here? Of course if you have a challenge in mind for a later admin it would be great to have it too!

Thanks guys.

Celever

i am town
Ok guys, I'm starting this gauntlet now and will have an update up to the Lovrina fight, and by that time I would really like a couple more challenges, especially the challenge that will take effect between Lovrina and Snattle.

Oh, by the way, I'm willing to use temporary pokemon if you would like a challenge on it.

If you have a game long challenge, I'm still accepting the last 4, however the challenge will of course not be mentioned in the first couple of chapters as it won't be existent at the time. Also I will of course not be using a pokemon submitted after I run into it as my last team member, but you can always submit it and if I really like the pokemon I may still use it, of course having it after as well is good.

And Jimera and Houndoomsday, since you appear to be 2 of 3 people still interested in gauntlets you can submit as many challenges as you like. I will start the actualy gameplay later today or tomorrow, so get your challenges in before then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)