Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer (Read FAQs in First Post Before Asking)

blitzlefan

shake it off!
^ Also, Hurricane makes Mewtwo weather dependent (for Rain boosted accuracy), which its standard moves (Psystrike, Aura Sphere, Ice Beam, etc.) don't. Also, Torn-T has STAB and Regenerator and such to make it a better Hurricane abuser.

jrp

Banned deucer.
^ Also, Hurricane makes Mewtwo weather dependent (for Rain boosted accuracy), which its standard moves (Psystrike, Aura Sphere, Ice Beam, etc.) don't. Also, Torn-T has STAB and Regenerator and such to make it a better Hurricane abuser.
Frankly, Torn-I is a better hurricane spammer because of prankster letting it fire off a Tailwind right before it dies which can mess up a good deal of the tier because of the dependency on choice scarf for a lot of mons

Balanced offense? Well Reshiram is rather outclassed unless it's on a designated Sun Team really (somebody correct me if I"m wrong) because of its access to a nuclear Sun-boosted Blue Flare. Otherwise, you're probably better off with a different Dragon like Kyurem-W, which boasts a higher SpA and Spe. As for Zekrom, it is a little bit better and i used to use it A LOT. Ummmm.... I used the Choice Scarf set: Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Outrage / Dragon Claw / Bolt Strike / Volt Switch.

Thanks for the advice,

My "designated sun team" consists of groundon(support), forrestess(support), latias(anti-rain), and Arceus-fire(CM). Will that team work with a specs-Reshiram and scarf-Zekrom offensive pairing?

Thanks for the advice,

My "designated sun team" consists of groundon(support), forrestess(support), latias(anti-rain), and Arceus-fire(CM). Will that team work with a specs-Reshiram and scarf-Zekrom offensive pairing?
Change Arceus' form to ghost or something and consider Genesect as your scarfer and then I could see it working. Reshiram + Arceus-Fire would be pointless as they would perform similar roles. Zekrom could still work as your scarfer but Gene would probs be better.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Thanks for the advice,

Ugh... this one is tough... hmm... well... Specs Reshiram and Arceus-Fire have rather similar roles, and with major Stealth Rock weaknesses, I don't know just how they'll fare. (I've never used Arceus-Fire and my only Sun team was back in BW1) Ummm... I'm not completely sure about just how viable Arceus-Fire is, because maintaining Sun vs. Rain (which will cripple your team) is pretty hard. Lastly, triple dragons may not be the way to go, as all three are relatively slow. Lastly, you might want some sort of check for EK Arceus. Sometimes Groudon isn't enough.

Sorry for the short response. Somebody smarter should be able to answer your question better. :P

Change Arceus' form to ghost or something [...] Reshiram + Arceus-Fire would be pointless as they would perform similar roles.
My original though process for Fire Arceus is to have him and reshiram form a "double fire sweeper" offensive core where reshiram blows holes in to opponent's team and Arceus-fire cleans up late game. I gave them the same typing for the purpose of "type stacking".

blitzlefan

shake it off!
My original though process for Fire Arceus is to have him and reshiram form a "double fire sweeper" offensive core where reshiram blows holes in to opponent's team and Arceus-fire cleans up late game. I gave them the same typing for the purpose of "type stacking".
Fire's a risky type for that though... because A) the SR weakness really bites, and B) though the advantages can be HUGE if you win the weather war, they will both be outclassed/useless if you lose (aka in Rain). Double Dragon works because they are resisted by only 1 type and have excellent neutral coverage, but Fire has a bunch of resists in Ubers (tons of Dragons) so... but it's up to you I suppose. Arceus-Fire also comes at a pretty big opportunity cost and to an extent, so does Reshiram. Good luck though! :)

What is the standard item for a SmashPass recipient Dialga? Expert Belt, I guess?
Also, I see some people around the Ubers forums calling Lugia a piece of shit (I'm not sure how to quote those posts here :/ ). Why is it so? It may have common weaknesses, but from my experience, it's sheer bulk makes up for it. Lugia is hard enough to take out, and without a super-effective move it's nearly impossible (even with Pressure). So is there anything else I'm missing?

Expert Belt is the item of choice. With Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Aurasphere and +2 you can OHKO a large amounts of Pokemon in Uber while Dragon Pulse gives you an edge over Rayquaza, Palkia and Mewtwo. With SR, Lugia and Ho-Oh will fall to Thunderbolt. Arceus-Ghost is a pain in the ass, so Life Orb is an option to OHKO it with SR, but in most cases Expert Belt is fine.
Well, Lugia cannot hurt spikers seriously and gets mauled by the so common Ghostceus, so those weaknesses are unappealing for most teams.

I would say that Expert Belt is perfectly viable, but White Herb is the item of choice to prolong sweeping, incase the opponent carries multiple priority users or a mon that can actually take one hit (think bulky support Arceus). Now, the power drop isn't much noticeable, but for example, Lugia will not be able to take an E-belt boosted thunderbolt after Stealth Rock. I am in the belief that rain is the best weather for SmashPass because you will be able to use Thunder instead of Thunderbolt, and some Lugia are EVd in a way to survive a +2 Thunderbolt from Dialga. Being able to get past specially defensive Kyogre (which of course summons rain, but then again, having Thunder and relying on opposing Kyogre to summon rain is a bad idea) is also nice. The best moveset is in my opinion Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Thunder and Brick Break (nabs a 2HKO on Chansey) if you are running a Kyogre on your team. But then again, if you are running Groudon, Flamethrower is a nice option, as well as Expert Belt.

Lugia has great bulk and can with support wall a significant portion of the metagame. The threat of Substitute+Toxic Lugia is always something a team must be prepared for, as it can actually very easily sweep- as strange as it might sound- should you lack a steel type or a rapid spinner. Being spikes-fodder is of course bad, but being forced out my rapid spinners when behind a substitute is even worse, and that sadly makes it hard for Lugia to work very well. However, under circumstances where you manage to take out the opponents spinner and/or steel-type, Lugia can be very, very annoying to take down. Another thing that have made the Lugia a little bit sadder was BW2 addition of Kyurem-W, who can simply smash through Multiscale with a STAB Ice Beam. If you can cover Lugia's flaws with correct team support, it can still work, though.

unfortunately using smashpass will result in everyone hating u
white herb seems to be the item of choice though, followed by lum berry to avoid thundurus' prankster t-wave and occasionally jumpluff's sleep powder and whimsicott's stun spore (though the last should have stopped smeargle and not dialga lol)

Use Ebelt or Lum and drop Flamethrower for Brick Break.

Dragon Pulse / Thunderbolt / Aura Sphere / Brick Break

I see some people around the Ubers forums calling Lugia a piece of shit (I'm not sure how to quote those posts here :/ ). Why is it so? It may have common weaknesses, but from my experience, it's sheer bulk makes up for it. Lugia is hard enough to take out, and without a super-effective move it's nearly impossible (even with Pressure). So is there anything else I'm missing?
the tl;dr

Even though it's capable of walling significant threats in the game, it's easily setup on by the likes of Ferrothorn, Forretress, Tentacruel, and Deoxys-S (all of which are extremely common). Chances are if you have a spinner or steel type Lugia is not going to be trouble for you. You'll be able to continuously switch in and do as you please while it fails to do anything to you. However, if you lack a spinner and your field is full of hazards, Lugia will be a pain and probably cost you the match.

Say my Latios uses Trick on an Arceus (normal), as it uses Shadow Claw. On the following turn, will the Arceus be locked into Shadow Claw? In other words,

Turn 1
Latios used Trick
Arceus used Shadow Claw
Latios lost 75% of its health

Turn 2
Is Arceus now locked into Shadow Claw or can it still choose a different move?

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
I'm pretty sure that Arceus would be locked into Shadow Claw in this scenario because it acquired the Choice Scarf before using its attack. If Arceus instead made its move before being Tricked a Choice Scarf (like by using Extremespeed), it would then be free to pick another move the next turn. I could be wrong though.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Well, Genesect, Tornadus-T, and Deoxys-D were banned to Ubers in the past few months. Genesect's probably the most important out of the three. Garchomp was moved back to OU, and Evasion was unbanned. Going back a few more months, BW2 was released and brought the Kyurem forms, notably Kyurem-W.

Actually Blitzlefan, the only changes were the additions of BW2 and the unbanning of Evasion; bans or unbans of Pokemon to/from Ubers have literally no relevance to the metagame.

EDIT@below: Fair point. I was referring more to the informed and balanced playerbase but on the ladder, the effect of something's uberness (for lack of a better word) does indeed change the frequency of its usage.

Actually Blitzlefan, the only changes were the additions of BW2 and the unbanning of Evasion; bans or unbans of Pokemon to/from Ubers have literally no relevance to the metagame.
In theory, no. In practice, however, people tend to use things that are "new" and (especially) on the ladder, people only tend to use "real" ubers, and not OU pokés (shame). Therefor, the moving of genesect is certainly something to be warry about.

Just thought I would nitpick that, although it is significant as a precedent, the lifting of evasion clause has had little to no affect on the Ubers metagame. (besides giving Baton Pass a new gimmick to use in Minimize Drifblim)

Hey, I'm running a Stall Team, and Psycho Killer Mewtwo is extremely hard to wall, Capable of 2KOing the vast majority of my stall team with Aura Sphere/Psystrike/Ice Beam. What would be some good choices to Stop Mewtwo on a stall Team?

Well, Sdef Jirachi walls that set.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spe
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Thunder / Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Stealth Rock / Protect / filler

I find it works really well, and if you're running rain than it'll counter Psystrike/Fire Blast/Ice Beam Mewtwo as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)