The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

Forgetting how hereditary moves worked, and breeding two Mawile together in the hopes that the child would somehow know False Swipe.

Also, the reason for the above, I thought False Swipe automatically brought the opponent Pokemon down to 1HP.

These were my early days of Pokemon. Now I'm infinitely more experienced.

Wondering for hours the first time i played White what type Trubbish was. For some reason I had completely forgot the Poison type existed.

Also Zentrius im assuming that was a fake rumor.

So the first time I played Pokemon was in Ruby. After taking forever to find Sootopolis, I went in to fight Groudon. K.O.'d it with one leaf blade on accident because I thought it was fire type.
Saved afterwards because I didn't want to have to find the city again. I tried to retrace my steps later, and I had used dive to get most of the way there, making an easy swim into a painful maze.

Remember the "Save your file and Turn Off your GBA while saving" trick to catch Mew on FRLG?

Well, I did that with my level 100 party.
Sounds like when I fell for my friend's story about his "Groutayquaza" or whatever. He told me it was a mix of a Groudon and a Rayquaza that apparently his dad had released.

I wanted one.

This has already been mentioned, but when I was younger I would always train up my Togepi on Chrystal with Metronome as its only attacking move. It would always use Selfdestruct or Explosion when I hadn't saved the game in ages ;-;

I once heard a rumor about breeding each of the regi's in a gen 3 game to get super regi hybrids. And then with enough breeding you'd get a regi-monster with all three elements in its design. I actually put regirock and registeel together for a little bit just to see (I had not used the internet to check). Regigigas reminded me of it again when he first came out, the rumors were like a prophecy.

not really a single moment, but the dumbest thing I ever did was stop playing after ruby/sapphire. By the time I got back with Black/White, bought Diamond/Pearl, and tried completing my pokedex, I realized how many wi-fi events I had missed

I'll never get Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, and Shaymin myself before generation six now. so close, so much regret~

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I was about to beat Cynthia with my hugely underleveled pokemon in Diamond when it was released, so I needed to Giga Drain Cynthia's Gastrodon and then I misclick Leech Seed and take an Ice Beam to the face. I didn't get very close after that, until I grinded a lot.

not really a single moment, but the dumbest thing I ever did was stop playing after ruby/sapphire. By the time I got back with Black/White, bought Diamond/Pearl, and tried completing my pokedex, I realized how many wi-fi events I had missed

I'll never get Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, and Shaymin myself before generation six now. so close, so much regret~
You can get Mew from My Pokemon Ranch, although that game costs like $15.00 on the wii shop and its only real purpose is to get Phione and Mew

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
1. In pokemon Crystal used my Masterball on a Dratini because everyone in my School told me that Dragonite was even stronger than Ho-oh and lugia.

2. In the same game after reaching the elite four, I saved the game AFTER the door closed and I was trapped. And my party was shit, Feraligatr/Gravelar..... something something. I forget.

3. Spent five days, trying that secret SS. Anne 'glitch' (y'all know the one, where you get to catch the mew under the truck)

4. Not me, but my little cousin was fooling around with my fire red cartridge and released all of my pokemon, apart from a caterpie, and saved the game. He was only 4 and my mother had to restrain me from hitting him or something, but I'm convinced he knew EXACTLY the magnitude of damage he was inflicting.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
So i had a shiny Rhydon in Platinum. I decided i wanted a shiny Rypherior, so i asked my friend if he would help evolve it. So he just gave me a Bibarel he randomly had and I traded the Rhydon holding a protector. It evolved on his game.

He never gave it back.
...and that is why you have them trade over something they cherish a lot, like a Mewtwo or w/e. OTOH...

Switching out of my Aerodactyl to my Exeggutor on a Graveler, only to have it use Selfdestruct. This was on a nuzlocke btw. I saw the text, and became worried at the thought of no psychic-type. Thankfully Exeggutor was left with, like, 12 HP.

You can get Mew from My Pokemon Ranch, although that game costs like $15.00 on the wii shop and its only real purpose is to get Phione and Mew
Oh yeah, I meant Jirachi, not mew. I was hoping to find someone with ranch

The following event Pokemon can be obtained legitimately at any time with the right equipment:

- Mew: Deposit 999 Pokemon onto Pokemon Ranch.
- Celebi: Ridiculously obscure; you'll need the JP Bonus Disk, a JP Gamecube, a JP Colosseum, and a JP Gen III game. Oh, and you'll need to purify every Shadow Pokemon on the JP Colosseum as well. Have fun. But it's possible.
- Jirachi: The US Colosseum Bonus Disk, or the PAL Pokemon Channel. (Using the US Bonus Disk does not require owning Colosseum at all, unlike the JP Bonus Disk.)
- Manaphy/Phione: Pokemon Ranger 1. You'll need a cartridge (not just save file) that has never obtained the Manaphy Egg.
- Darkrai: Tweaking glitch or Surf glitch(JP) in Diamond/Pearl.
- Shaymin: Tweaking glitch or Surf glitch(JP) in Diamond/Pearl.

The only Pokemon that currently absolutely require time-sensitive event distributions are Deoxys, Arceus, and all the Gen V events.

Although I'm sure someone would be willing to trade the event Pokemon to you on this forum.

The following event Pokemon can be obtained legitimately at any time with the right equipment:

- Mew: Deposit 999 Pokemon onto Pokemon Ranch.
- Celebi: Ridiculously obscure; you'll need the JP Bonus Disk, a JP Gamecube, a JP Colosseum, and a JP Gen III game. Oh, and you'll need to purify every Shadow Pokemon on the JP Colosseum as well. Have fun. But it's possible.
- Jirachi: The US Colosseum Bonus Disk, or the PAL Pokemon Channel. (Using the US Bonus Disk does not require owning Colosseum at all, unlike the JP Bonus Disk.)
- Manaphy/Phione: Pokemon Ranger 1. You'll need a cartridge (not just save file) that has never obtained the Manaphy Egg.
- Darkrai: Tweaking glitch or Surf glitch(JP) in Diamond/Pearl.
- Shaymin: Tweaking glitch or Surf glitch(JP) in Diamond/Pearl.

The only Pokemon that currently absolutely require time-sensitive event distributions are Deoxys, Arceus, and all the Gen V events.

Although I'm sure someone would be willing to trade the event Pokemon to you on this forum.
Also, Pokécheck.org is your friend.
There are a lot of hacks, but there's a Legality Analysis

A few years back I had no idea about anything in Pokemon since I was just starting. Having had trouble catching things a lot, I thought the Master Ball's flavor text saying it will always catch things was a lie, so I spent an hour trying to widdle down Lugia's HP to the right ammount in SoulSilver, then threw my Master Ball at it.

Also, although it wasn't a complete fail, my fight with my in-game team against Shauntal more recently in Black 2. I had nothing on my team to resist all of her Chandelure's moves (my starter Samurott was horridly underleveled and basically an HM slave), so I spent about 10 minutes constantly spamming Revival Herbs, PP stalling all of her moves. I barely won when I was able to drain her of her Fire Blast PP and come in with Heracross' Bulldoze.

When i was younger, i got trapped in R/B because i did not know how to get past the trees with Cut. Since i had watched the anime, i knew a Snorlax was the pokemon blocking my path.

I kept throwing away my pokeballs near Snorlax hoping that would catch him and allow me to continue the game.

Discovering how to use Cut was the happiest day of my life though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)