5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That's what I was using but still having a little bit of trouble. Since I'm using a DS Lite, do I need Eon Timer at all?
Not unless you want to do BW1 Entralink.
Iim having trouble trying to RNG on pokemon white. I've gotten the pokemon in the daycare, international and ditto parent. I've found the seed I want to hit. i calculate egg frame and set the things accordingly but my chatot chats never match up. do you know what I can do?
Have you found your parameters?

Can somebody explain this Synchronize and Cute Charm part to me? I'm trying to get a shiny Deino. The guides on here that I've seen don't say anything about the Synchronize and Cute Charm parts. The Time Finder also hasn't asked me to specify that it's Victory Road 1F that I'm on.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Stick with Sync imo. That means you need a lead with the Synchronize ability w/ the desired nature. So in your case, you would want a Modest Synchronize Pokémon.

Stick with Sync imo. That means you need a lead with the Synchronize ability w/ the desired nature. So in your case, you would want a Modest Synchronize Pokémon.
Alright, so I basically need a Pokemon with Synchronize of every nature to PIDRNG anything I want to?

Alright I'll see if I can manage to do that. Also, what's the difference between the Time Finder window and the default RNG Reporter window? They both have almost the exact same things but none of the guides I've seen say to do anything with the default window that comes up when you open the program.

Alright I'll see if I can manage to do that. Also, what's the difference between the Time Finder window and the default RNG Reporter window? They both have almost the exact same things but none of the guides I've seen say to do anything with the default window that comes up when you open the program.
The default window is for seeing PIDRNG frames ( that's what you'll be using it for most of the time) the Time Finder Window is for finding seeds.

The default window is for seeing PIDRNG frames ( that's what you'll be using it for most of the time) the Time Finder Window is for finding seeds.
Thanks. I'm not 100% sure I understand the finding seeds part either. I know I'm asking a million questions but you all are being really helpful and I appreciate it. I just want to master this and it's a bit hard since there aren't any fully fleshed out examples that I've seen of people starting from scratch and walking through the entire process up to catching the wild Pokemon. So in the meantime I'll bombard you all with my dumb questions.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Anything in Regirock's room that advances the frame for no reason? I'm capturing Regirock to check if the amount of chatters is right, but I keep getting the wrong Timer0. Would save me a lot of time if I knew for sure the amount of chatters is correct.

I'm asking this because in Kyurem's room the PID frame was 4 higher than normal, but in front of Cresselia the chatters were correct.

We have found nothing special in that room. It may be because it was one of our earlier projects and we haven't payed attention to a shifted frame but even then you would have found a kind of pattern.

Blame the Timer0!

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Kyurem is the only stationary without any WNPCs that experiences random frame advancements.

Sweet scent advances the PID frame by 1 in Relic Castle (B6F). I realised this when I was RNGing some pokemon there.Thought I'd mention it because it does not normally happen in other areas (I think).

It is not true. We don't know if you are referring to BW or BW2. In BW Sweet Scent won't move the PID frame and neither will it in BW2, but we have a few problems with the BW2 Wild method of the RNG Reporter because the PID column does not match with the frame column.

You probably talk about BW, but we haven't found Sweet Scent advancing the PID frame there.

It is not true. We don't know if you are referring to BW or BW2. In BW Sweet Scent won't move the PID frame and neither will it in BW2, but we have a few problems with the BW2 Wild method of the RNG Reporter because the PID column does not match with the frame column.

You probably talk about BW, but we haven't found Sweet Scent advancing the PID frame there.
I was referring to BW. Sorry for not pointing that out eariler. I am not a pokemon researcher or anything but I just thought it was weird because it has never happened to me before when RNGing wild pokemon. It was pretty consistent, too. Thanks for making that clear.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I need some verification from those who know how to RNG Dream Radar Pokemon.

I'm about to attempt to RNG the Therian Tornadus, and have been following this guide to RNG regular Pokemon. So if I understand this correctly, I need to search IV seeds that at least start on 21 instead of 14, and add 7+ to the PID frame result?

For example, I find an IV seed w/ frame 26, with a Inital PID frame of 52. Using the (Target IV frame-8/2) formula, I'd do the advances 9 times. And for PIDRNG I'd use the (Inital PIDRNG Frame+2(Gender))+(Spinner activations*2) to hit PID Frame 72+7=79. Is this correct?

When i try to find the DSi's parameters with Pokemon White 2, after I inserted what is needed and clicked on search button, the program crashes.
What's going wrong?
Thank you and sorry about my english.

P.S. RNG Reporter Version 9.96.5 BETA
P.P.S. I just tried to find parameters changing the game versions. With White/Black and Black 2 no i have no problems.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
When i try to find the DSi's parameters with Pokemon White 2, after I inserted what is needed and clicked on search button, the program crashes.
What's going wrong?
Thank you and sorry about my english.
Do you have .NET 4.5 installed?
Does it give any kind of error message when it crashes?
Can you take a screenshot of how you have the window set up right before you click Search?

Is there a reason Synchronize wouldn't be working correctly? I've had a few instances recently of Synchronize frames ignoring the Synchronizer. Yes, before anyone asks, I'm 10000000% sure the Synchronizer was the first Pokemon in my party, and it did have the correct ability.

Example: Using seed 8E667B89AD18D0EE, aiming for frame 249. I was able to get the shiny Metagross I was looking for, but it wasn't Adamant. Also, my shifted starting frame was 57, which was also a Synch frame, but I got Brave instead. This was in Black.

Another example: Seed C6C59DF072AEBA14, frame 127. I got the shiny Trapinch, but its nature was Modest instead of Adamant. This was in White 2.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Try with a different seed. I've seen other people have this issue before. RNG reporter may have some inaccuracies in calculating wild captures for B/W2.

So... I should basically chalk it up to "shit happens"? I guess the shaking spot calculations must be off too, then.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, the shaking grass sync calculations are off. Everything gets moved up +1 from the regular wild encounter info, including the Sync possibility. RNG Reporter moves everything up except for the Sync info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)