VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
any good trick room replacements for durants thats underused?
Escavalier?? I don't exactly know what you mean or want that's underused. Just look at the top 100 PS! stats and choose something that's not in the top 40 or above that looks like it could work in TR. you could also just look at a list of all the pokemon yourself instead of asking us.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you have a pokemon out with lightningrod and your opponent uses discharge, will it still hit both of your Pokemon?
It will give the Lightningrod mon a boost and do regular damage to the other one. Similarly, if you had a Lightningrod mon and used Discharge, it would still hit both opponents.

New and would appreciate help without flak.

So, this is my first time posting in a thread on Smogon and I hope I'm posting in the right place. Anyway, my simple question is this: I have a Gameshark for GBA and I have "Wild Pokemon Modifier" codes on it. All I want to know is if I'm only using it to determine which KIND of Pokemon appear in wild battles, will they be tournament legal? I'm not altering Natures, IVs, EVs, or anything else. Just trying to catch specific Pokemon. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if I'm posting in the wrong place, I apologize and would ask someone to direct me to the appropriate thread. Thanks to anyone who can provide help!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Smogon does not support discussion of AR/Gameshark codes. If you want to make sure you won't get disqualified, only use legitimate means to get your Pokémon.

Where can we get VGC '13 pokemon? I'm not sure if the old thread for '12 is still active for this year. And is there a limit? I might need 12 pokes.

EDIT: And my friend is using a Venasuar, this is his first VGC. Here is the pokecheck page. It looks fine. Should he not use it?

A good amount of the previous VGC moderators make a shift to NuggetBridge. But don't be confused Smogon and NuggetBridge are partner sites, the VGC players base have an account in both sites (like me and a lot others).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Where can we get VGC '13 pokemon? I'm not sure if the old thread for '12 is still active for this year. And is there a limit? I might need 12 pokes.

EDIT: And my friend is using a Venasuar, this is his first VGC. Here is the pokecheck page. It looks fine. Should he not use it?
Most users from the old thread that are still active will probably be willing to help; at worst they'll politely say no as long as you don't bother them repeatedly. Or you can check out the Wi-Fi forum - several trade threads there advertise free VGC Pokémon, or you can try the simple requests thread for anything you can't find elsewhere.

And that Venusaur is illegal. If your friend got that in a trade, tell him to be more careful who he trades with. If not, tell him to stop hacking.

Absol or bisharp?

Absol has a higher attack stat for sucker punch, but bisharp has defiant and a higher defence stat.
Bisharp. Absol is next to useless.

Bisharp has a few good uses. You can have a standard Dark Gem attacker (Adamant, max HP/max Atk), or put a focus sash on him for less power but more survivability. Or if you want maximum power, a Choice Band Defiant set can be pretty nasty.

thanks i think choice band wiuld be quite suitible after all, bisharp is usaully used for sucker punch.
Just be mindful that Sucker Punch takes prediction, and having a Choiced Pokemon means you have one less team member that can use Protect. If you can predict well and provide adequate support, the benefits will most definitely outweigh the risks.

Alright now it's my turn: Is Scarf Politoed still any good in the current meta as an offensive threat? I know SpecsToad gets a lot of use from all kinds of players, but my particular team needs a bit more overall speed. Or is having one Pokemon with Thunder Wave enough to curb SpecsToad's speed issue?

Is RNG the exact same in B2/W2 as in B/W?
It is. However, iirc something got changed with the egg mechanics, so you are better off breeding on B1/W1. I don't how how RNGing Dream World mons has changed, I haven't tried it yet on the new games.

Alright now it's my turn: Is Scarf Politoed still any good in the current meta as an offensive threat? I know SpecsToad gets a lot of use from all kinds of players, but my particular team needs a bit more overall speed. Or is having one Pokemon with Thunder Wave enough to curb SpecsToad's speed issue?
I don't believe that scarf politoed isn't that good, if you are the slowest rain user, you get to keep that weateher and politoed is usaully only viable for rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)