Swanna (Update) [QC: 3/3] (GP: 2/2)

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

[box][qc]3/3[/qc]
[Raseri, Sweet Jesus, EBeast]
[gp]2/2[/gp]
[melvni, GatoDelFuego]

QC Rejected: 0/3

Current State: Done
[/box]

Swanna

[Overview]
  • Looks like an average Pokemon at best; peculiar speed of 98.
  • Definitely a Pokemon to watch for, however.
  • In rain, has great reputation of of sweeping and destroying with its two STAB moves, Surf and Hurricane.
  • Amazing coverage moves, along with access to a recovery move, Roost, to increase its durability, along with Hydration.
  • Unfortunately, has a weakness to the common Stealth Rock.
  • Less than par abilities, Hydration is the only viable choice.
  • Par from SR, one of has the best defensive typing in the tier. Though lacking defenses prevents it from countering many of the threads in NU.
  • Only can be truly useful in rain conditions.
  • Let's out its true potential in rain, both STAB moves gets benefits from it, making Swanna a great ally for any Rain team.

[SET]
name: Offensive
move 1: Surf
move 2: Hurricane
move 3: Rain Dance / Substitute
move 4: Rest / Roost
item: Life Orb
ability: Hydration
nature: Timid
EV's: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

• Uses Swanna's great coverage, along with it's good offenses enhanced in rain.
  • Last two slots depend on your preference, either with the Rain Rest or SubRoost.
  • Functions in rain conditions; more focused on powerful moves than the variety of them.
  • No set up for this set; its 98 base speed is enough to outspeed the 95's and below of NU, such as Braviary, Gardevoir, etc.
  • Surf is the primary STAB move, having a power increase in rain, granting it extra power.
  • Hurricane is its secondary STAB move, having an astounding base 120, + 100% accuracy in rain.
  • Rain Rest is one of the options for the final two moveslots; as long as rain continues to fall, Swanna can heal herself to full health with Rest due to Hydration. Rain Rest is also useful as it provides rain for Swanna's STAB move, which both benefit from it. However, rain must be kept up for this combo to work, or Swanna will be prevented from recovering at any time.
  • SubRoost is the other option for the final two moveslots; SubRoost helps ward against statuses, and uses prediction to heal from Roost. This combo doesn't need rain, so it can heal whenever it needs to. However, once Swanna gets inflicted with a status, there is no way to heal it off, and once rain ends, Swanna can't summon it again to boost/enhance its STAB moves.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• Timid Nature to increase Swanna's speed; enabling it to sweep easier.
  • 252 EV's on both SpA and Speed, allowing Swanna to make the best out of its offensives and speed.
  • Life Orb increases damage, but recoil damage can be troublesome at times.
  • Both Keen Eye and Big Pecks aren't useful enough in this metagame to be used in sets; Hydration is the only choice.
  • Ice Beam could be used for additional coverage, but honestly, Ice Beam really doesnt help much but defeat Altaria, who isn't very common.
  • Air Slash can be used over Hurricane if used outside of rain.
  • Hidden Power Grass can be used for the fourth slot for maximum coverage to deal with Pokemon like Seismitoad and Carracosta. Hidden Power Electric can also be an option against facing Pokemon like Mantine.
  • Leftovers could be used in place of Life Orb, though the power drop is easily noticed.
  • Volbeat and Electrode can be used as Rain Starters as well.
  • Stealth Rock is a huge deal breaker for Swanna; Armaldo and Wartortle are both good spinners for it.
  • Hazards should be in play to help Swanna cause more KO's. Garbodor and Cacturne are both good spike users, and Swanna has good synergy with both.
  • Revenge killers can outspeed Swanna; specifically Sawk with Choice Scarf. Rotom-S is a good partner to outspeed Sawk, and handle any other revenge killers.
  • Zebstrika and Raichu are good partners as well to absorb those Electric attacks.
  • Hazards are usually a problem for Swanna; spinners like Armaldo and Wartortle are recommend.
  • Fighting types, such as Gurdurr, can handle those bulky Pokemon Swanna can't KO, suck as Lickilicky and Miltank.
  • Cradily is a great partner; it can set up SR, and handle Swanna's most common weakness- Rotom S.
  • Golurk and Mold Breaker Sawk are excellent partners as well; they both can handle the things Swanna has trouble with; Sawk has the potential to stop any SR users in its tracks, while Golurk can set set up SR for their own, and handle any powerful normal types.

[OTHER OPTIONS]

• Small movepool, not many viable sets left.
  • Damp Rock Swanna could be used, but isn't very common.
  • Brave Bird Swanna can be used as well, but isn't as common nor recommended, since there isn't any use for it.
  • Scald > Surf for burn chance, but the power drop is noticeable.
  • Tailwind, Featherdance, for team support role.
  • Choice Scarf on Swanna are viable, but only should be used if Swanna was on a regular, non weather team.

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

• Scarf Rotom A- great check to Swanna, can 1HKO Swanna with Volt Turn; as it can't switch in to survive a boosted Surf.
  • Bulky Pokemon; Lickilicky and Musharna, for instance, can take several STAB Hurricanes. Could also Toxic Swanna, but SubRoost set prevents that from happening as much.
  • Altaria is a big counter; without Ice Beam on Swanna, Altaria walls Swanna well.
  • Eletric types, such as Ampharos, specifically, in general are a huge threat to Swanna, as it
    takes x4 times the damage from their Eletric attacks, not even adding the STAB. However, they can't switch out to Swanna if it's raining, as it takes big damage from the boosted Surf attack.
  • Choice Scarf Sawk can outspeed Swanna and KO it with Stone Edge. Most Scarfs are checks to Swanna, as it outspeeds her to attack.
  • Articuno can wall Swanna of any of it's attacks, due to its high Sp.Def.
  • Regice walls Swanna completly with high SpD and Lapras's bulk is hard to get by as well. They both have access to Thunderbolt, which can check Swanna.

[Overview]

<p>At first glance, Swanna looks mediocre at best, with no base stats over 100. However, believe it or not, she's definitely a threat to watch out for. In rain, Swanna becomes a powerhouse with Hurricane, a move that sets her apart from other rain sweepers. Swanna has amazing offensive stats and a great Speed of 98, which allows her to outspeed many threats in NU, such as Gardevoir and Braviary. She also has access to Roost as well as Rest, which pairs well with her Hydration ability.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, Swanna is far from invincible, and she faces many obstacles in NU. Stealth Rock happens to be one of them, as Swanna has a weakness to it. Swanna's movepool is decent but not amazing, leaving her with only one good set. Despite boasting one of the best typings in NU, Swanna's subpar bulk holds her back; 75 / 63 / 63 defenses are far from great. However, Swanna is still an amazing ally to any rain team.</p>

[SET]
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is Swanna's best set for the NU environment. Boasting two STAB moves that benefit greatly from rain and a great Speed stat, Swanna has immense potential as a sweeper. Surf is the primary STAB move, getting a power increase from rain. Hurricane is Swanna's secondary STAB move, and it boasts a high 120 Base Power, perfect accuracy in rain, and a 30% chance of confusing the foe; this is something that even the most defensive Pokemon in NU struggle to handle if they don't resist it.</p>

<p>For the final two moveslots, you should use the combination of either Rain Dance and Rest or Substitute and Roost. With the former, Swanna can heal herself to full HP at any time as long as the rain she provides is up thanks to Hydration, making her much more self-sufficient. Alternatively, the latter lets Swanna heal without rain up and ward off status with Substitute. Substitute also lets Swanna take advantage of obvious switches and dodge Sucker Punch. The downside of this combination is that once rain subsides Swanna doesn't have a way to summon it again, preventing her from healing herself if she is inflicted with a status and from boosting the power of her Surf and accuracy of her Hurricane.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>While Leftovers is great for healing off damage Swanna takes, Swanna greatly appreciates Life Orb's increase in power; any damage she takes can easily be healed off with Rest or Roost anyway, making Life Orb the superior option in most cases. Big Pecks and Keen Eye aren't useful abilities in this metagame, making Hydration the only viable option. Ice Beam can be used for extra coverage, although it's usually not worth the slot in the long run, as it only deals with Altaria, which isn't common enough to justify running a move for it. Hidden Power Grass can be used to handle Seismitoad and Carracosta, Hidden Power Electric is an option to deal with Mantine and other Swanna, and Air Slash can be used in place of Hurricane if Swanna isn't used in rain.</p>

<p>As this set is best used in rain conditions, partners such as Volbeat and Electrode are great, as they can provide constant rain. Revenge killers, such as Choice Scarf Sawk, can outspeed Swanna and proceed to KO it. Choice Scarf Rotom-S is thus a good ally to handle Sawk and other revenge killers. Zebstrika and Raichu are also good partners, as they can absorb Electric-type attacks that Swanna attracts. Stealth Rock is a problem for Swanna as well; spinners such as Armaldo and Wartortle are good partners for this reason. Mold Breaker Sawk can also prevent Pokemon with the ability Sturdy from setting up Stealth Rock, something that aids Swanna greatly. Lickilicky and Miltank are bulky Pokemon that are difficult for Swanna to defeat; Fighting-types, such as Gurdurr, are good choices to use against them. Entry hazards are great to have on the field to aid Swanna in sweeping. Garbodor and Cacturne are both great Spikes users that also have good synergy with Swanna. Pokemon who can set up Stealth Rock, such as Cradily and Golurk, are good partners as well.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Swanna doesn't have a very large movepool, so she doesn't have many other viable sets. Damp Rock is an option, but it wastes Swanna's offensive power, which should be taken advantage of whenever she is used due to her sad defenses. Brave Bird is plausible, but it doesn't have much use. Scald could be used in place of Surf for the burn chance, but the power drop is noticeable. Tailwind and FeatherDance could be used for support moves. Choice Scarf Swanna is one of the few viable options left for her and is the only option if she isn't used in rain.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Swanna has her fair share of checks. Choice Scarf Rotom-S is one of them, checking Swanna with Volt Switch. It can't switch in, however, as it is KOed by Surf in rain. The same applies for any Electric-type, specifically Ampharos and Electabuzz, that resist Hurricane and can OHKO Swanna. Bulky Pokemon, such as Musharna and Lickilicky, can take several STAB Hurricanes and proceed to do as they please. Altaria is a counter to any Swanna that doesn't carry Ice Beam, as it can wall her all day without it. Revenge killers can outspeed Swanna and easily KO her; an example would be Choice Scarf Sawk, which can get rid of Swanna with Stone Edge. Articuno, Regice, and Lapras can take any of Swanna's attacks due to their high Special Defense. The latter two have access to Thunderbolt, which OHKOes Swanna.</p>

Seems odd to call set 1 "Life Orb" when both sets use it. Also I think think Rain Dance is more important than either Roost or especially Ice Beam. Swanna doesn't have to be run on a full rain team, and can instead just set up rain itself and begin smacking things with its great coverage, or simply serve as another Rain setter. Roost is pretty important, but Ice Beam is really only for Altaria, who is 34th is the usage stats, and a rain team will likely have other Ice attacks (Ludicolo, Floatzel) and a non-weather team can use Regice or any other good partner to take out Altaria and other stops to Swanna. I'm not QC or anything, but the 4 moveslots in my opinion should be Surf, Hurricane, and then two slots with Rain Dance / Roost / Ice Beam in that order.

Looking at Checks and Counters, Golurk and Mold Breaker Sawk look like awesome partners. Golurk has good type synergy and can set SR / smack things, while Sawk really really smacks things.

Maybe have an AC mention of HydroRest. Makes SpD Alomomola and other random Toxic users no problem at all. You also get full recovery as long as rains up instead of 50% at the cost of not being able to lose your Flying-type.

EDIT: Also all sets should be Timid or Modest because no Brave Bird

Governess

is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seems odd to call set 1 "Life Orb" when both sets use it. Also I think think Rain Dance is more important than either Roost or especially Ice Beam. Swanna doesn't have to be run on a full rain team, and can instead just set up rain itself and begin smacking things with its great coverage, or simply serve as another Rain setter. Roost is pretty important, but Ice Beam is really only for Altaria, who is 34th is the usage stats, and a rain team will likely have other Ice attacks (Ludicolo, Floatzel) and a non-weather team can use Regice or any other good partner to take out Altaria and other stops to Swanna. I'm not QC or anything, but the 4 moveslots in my opinion should be Surf, Hurricane, and then two slots with Rain Dance / Roost / Ice Beam in that order.

Looking at Checks and Counters, Golurk and Mold Breaker Sawk look like awesome partners. Golurk has good type synergy and can set SR / smack things, while Sawk really really smacks things.

Maybe have an AC mention of HydroRest. Makes SpD Alomomola and other random Toxic users no problem at all. You also get full recovery as long as rains up instead of 50% at the cost of not being able to lose your Flying-type.
Hmmm.. That's true. The one thing though, is that I didn't think Swanna could set up Rain Dance, with it's lacking defenses and all. And true, it doesn't need to always be on a full on rain team. That's just where it's most effective with its moves/coverage IMO, but I'll definitely do more tests with that and see.

I'll mention HydroRest in other options for sure; though, Swanna doesn't gets hydro pump. Thank you for pointing it out, as well as Golurk and Sawk for partners.

Now, for the moveset. Altaria isn't as common, but I aimed it to be an attacking set, with as much coverage for moves as possible, but I'll definitely add that option in for set comments when I've finished testing Swanna without a full rain team. I didn't notice that ^^;

And yea, I'll change the name of Life Orb as well. Didn't see that either >_> <_<

Btw, I was having trouble naming the first set, so I'm sorry if it sounds weird.

No Ice Beam on the LO set, it should be moved to AC. The set should be:

name: Rain Sweeper
move 1: Hurricane
move 2: Surf
move 3: Rain Dance
move 4: Roost
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

• Ice Beam doesn't really offer that much for Swanna. The following types are hit super effectively by Ice-type attacks:
    • Grass (hit harder by Hurricane)
    • Ground (hit harder by Surf)
    • Flying (hit hard enough by Surf or Hurricane)
    • Dragon (Rare, and Hurricane runs over most of them, Altaria withstanding)

• So really, all Ice Beam would do is help you take down Altaria, which isn't a huge threat.
  • I'd also refrain from mentioning Cryogonal in the analysis, it makes it seem dated, and Cryo moved a long time ago.
  • You have Quag mentioned in AC of the first set, it should be removed altogether or replaced with Seismitoad.
  • You have Gastrodon mentioned, remove that.
  • You have Magmortar mentioned remove that.

• I am really concerned about the large number of RU and OU mons mentioned. Please make sure you remove all of them and have a good understanding of the metagame.
  • I'd also like to see a mention of how the first set functions on a rain team, its a cool sweeper that doesn't rely on the speed boost, and instead has more power (and hurricane) over more conventional choice. Golurk and Sawk are good teammates, but not for the reason you posted. Scarf Glaceon? That can't even switch in. Sawk is great because it can prevent SR better than anything else in the tier. Golurk because it can take on normal-types as well as provide Stealth Rock.

• For the second set I would also like to see more teammates, I'll leave that up to you to find some

• Brave Bird to OO
  • Specs Glaceon doesn't belong in c&c
  • Ampharos, Articuno do.
  • Electric-types in general belong there

Governess

Ok; finding partners for the 2nd set currently, besides that, everything else that has been caught to my attention has been fixed.

-Sorry about the mentions in OU and RU; for the OU, even I don't have an idea of why I put Gastrodon there ;_; I think it was in the heat of the moment, but not an excuse nonetheless.
-Since this was meant for an update, I didn't change everything that was meant to be changed in the original, which was my biggest mistake. Should've known that Magmortar was RU *hits self* I'll make sure to read my rough draft more carefully next time.

I'll add to the partner list soon; just battling to find some, otherwise everything else should be up to date. o3o

I would be careful what you take from the old analysis, because lots of it is rather outdated or inaccurate, which is the reason these updates are happening in the first place.

Alomomola should not be listed as a counter. SubRoost Swanna just Substitutes in its face and wears it down with repeated Hurricanes. Likewise, Rain Dance and Hydration completely nullify Toxic, Alomomola's only way of touching it.

I think Sturdy pokemon are a rather unreliable 'check / counter' for Swanna; Sturdy is barely an argument because you'd be hard pressed to find an NU team without Stealth Rock.

I really doubt things like Aqua Ring and Lucky Chant are viable even in Other Options, from my experiences with Swanna you really won't find the chance to use them (not to mention she really loves the extra moveslot).

Governess

Mmhmm, I learned that lesson the hard way, I'm afraid. T.T
Anyways.
-I can totally see the Alomomola and Sturdy not being a Counter, true, you don't find teams with SR in it without sturdy.

-Lucky Chant and Aqua Ring; I've used them before for Swanna, I mean, it's not "great" and "recommended" ofc, but it can be used. Though, Lucky Chant didn't do much tbh.. I will remove that. For Aqua Ring, I'll keep testing it, but until it is satisfactory, I'll leave it out. Thx for bringing it up. ^^;

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Specs is pointless since one of Swanna's good points is its ability to switch moves. Scarf can possibly be worth a mention because of its great Speed tier, since it outspeeds even the Rotom-formes. Aqua Ring is directly outclassed by Roost and Hydration Rest, not worth it for most situations.

For counters, don't forget to add Altaria to the counters. Also point out that the Electric types can't switch in if it is already Raining because they take a lot from Rain boosted Surfs. Sturdy mons don't really need to be here, especially with the difficulty of spinning against Swanna. Most Scarfers are a good check though, since Swanna tends to not be Scarfed.

Governess

I appreciate all the changes; it's obvious to see I have made many flaws in this one ^^; but meh, learn as you go. Is there anything else on here that needs to be fixed?

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
  • Defenses are lacking, and typing isn't something to be proud of for defending.
Water flying is probably the best available defensive type in NU. Apart from the SR weakness, it's perfect to counter piloswine, golurk, ludi, samurott, gurdurr and even sawk if it lacks stone-edge. Of course swanna has terrible defence so it won't counter any of the previously mentioned, but replace the terrible defensive typing part with a simple SR weakness. Mantine shares the same typing and if it wasn't for it's lack of recovery, it could easily be the hardest thing to take down in the tier.
Hurricane is its primary STAB move, having an astounding base 120, + 100% accuracy in rain (which it should always be in).
Surf is the secondary STAB move, having a power increase in rain.
Well rain boosts surf, so once it's up it's actualy the other way around, surf is main stab.

4 EV should go in defence, swanna reaches 292 hp with 4 in hp, meaning it can't come 4 times in on SR. (LO and roost makes it very rare but still). Btw you don't have to mention the 4 evs are for more bulk, it's pretty obvious.

Volbeat and Regice can be used as Rain starters, as Swanna should usually be in rain for this set to be truly effective.
I've never seen a rain dance regice in my life, get it out of there and replace it with something that actualy sets it like electrode.

In both sets, slash rest after roost because once rain is up hydration heals status. Take off the rest notice in other options.
Cradily is a great partner; it can set up SR, and handle Swanna's biggest weakness- Rotom S.
replace biggest with most common here and in checks and counters

in c&c, Add to lapras and regice that they both have access to thunderbolt.

To answer your question, I wouldn't do a specs/scarf set analysis

Finaly, I'm thinking it might be better to put both of the listed sets in one and just slash sub with rain dance really cause it's the exact same thing. You'd just have to explain swanna runs sub if it has enough teamates to set up rain for her and rain dance if not. Wait for the opinion of other QC members before doing this however.

I'll stamp this when all of it is done (EDIT: and when others will have given their opinion on putting both sets in one).

Governess

Sorry for double posting, but this has been sitting here for quite a bit as well, alongside the Murkrow analysis. Can someone check on those two? Bumping for checks.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think that the Rain Dance and SubRoost sets should be turned into one set. They basically achieve the same thing with the former using Rain Dance Hydration + Rest as a form of recovery and status healing while the latter uses Substitute to avoid status all together and Roost to heal. I know Sweet Jesus agreed that idea and I doubt any of the other QC'ers would be against it. So go right ahead and combine the two sets, making sure the set comments and additional comments aren't repetitions of each other.

Make sure to talk about the main advantages and disadvantages to going either Rain Rest or SubRoost. Rain Rest's advantage would be curing status as long as Rain is up and giving a boost to Surf's power and increase in Hurricane's accuracy. The disadvantage would be that it needs Rain up to be able to abuse Hydration Rest, which can prevent it from healing whenever it wants to. SubRoost's advantage is the ability to easy prediction against opponents and ability to heal up whenever it wants with Roost. The disadvantage is that you can't summon Rain to get the boosts to your STABs and that once you're inflicted with a status there is nothing Swanna can do on its own to do anything about it.

Here is how it should look like:

[SET]
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

In the future also make sure that you use the appropriate abbreviations for the stats. Example: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe

So yeah, apply all of that and I'll stamp it!

I agree you about what are you write here. It could be interesting about Swanna, to further increase its offensive strength especially in a rain team (above all for its frightening Hurricane), set its nature to Modest. Perhaps its need some HP evs, I have to say results were not so bad.

Swanna (F) @ Life Orb Nature: Hydration
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam

Don't worry to tell me: "That's a horrible set/idea", I think really its quite interesting.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@The Quasar
The problem with using Modest on Swanna is that it misses out on outspeeding a lot of dangerous Pokemon such as Sawsbuck, Zangoose, and Haunter. Ice Beam is fine on Swanna for hitting Altaria, but other than that it's basically just a variation of the Offensive set on the current skeleton.

Anyways there are a few things you should still change Governess:

-Hurricane is its secondary STAB move, having an astounding base 120, + 100% accuracy in rain (which it should always be in)

-Air Slash can be used over Hurricane if used outside of rain, though, Swanna should always be in rain to begin with.

-Volbeat and Electrode can be used as Rain starters, as Swanna should usually be in rain for this set to be truly effective.

-Stealth Rock is a huge deal breaker for Swanna; Swift Swim Armaldo and Rain Dish Wartortle are both good spinners for it

• The thing here is that Swanna does not have to be in Rain to effective as evidenced by its ability to use SubRoost well. Putting a lot of less emphasis on Swanna in Rain would be better, which includes removing mentions of Volbeat, Electrode, and Swanna wanting to be in Rain at all times. Swift Swim Armaldo and Rain Dish Wartortle can just be generalized to Armaldo and Wartorle as they make good spin partners for Swanna regardless of Rain.

-Rotom S- most common counter to Swanna, can 1HKO Swanna with electric moves

• Rotom-A is not a counter to Swanna, due to its inability to switch safely into Surf. Rather, Scarf Rotom-A (specify Scarf as SubSplit set is outsped) is a great check to Swanna as it can hit it with 4x effective Electric-type moves or gain momentum with Volt Switch.

There are a few things I missed, but I'll leave that up to the other QC members. Take care of the above and...

[qc]1/3[/qc]

@The Quasar
The problem with using Modest on Swanna is that it misses out on outspeeding a lot of dangerous Pokemon such as Sawsbuck, Zangoose, and Haunter. Ice Beam is fine on Swanna for hitting Altaria, but other than that it's basically just a variation of the Offensive set on the current skeleton.

[...]
I agree with you Ebeast, what you are talking about it's true. In fact, I finally prefer Mantine for Swanna, even if I can't use Hurricane (Air Slash for Mantine, anyway faster under the rain).

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Par from SR, has one of the best defensive typing in the tier. Though lacking defenses prevents it from countering many of the threads in NU.
Add what's bolded cause it's still arguable. (Imo it might be the best defensive typing in NU but I'm sure other good players would argue).

You have 2 points about spinners to take away rocks.

Garbodor is written like this, not garbador

QC Approved 2/3

Governess

Ty both EBeast and Jesus, along with everyone else. I'll start writing this right away.

Governess

Sorry for double posting, but I've fully written out Swanna; it's ready to be checked over.

• I see a bunch of small spelling errors, so I recommend proofreading it one more time before letting GP check it over. Also you refer to Swanna as both "her" and "it", pick one and stay consistent!
  • I'm not a fan of the second paragraph in the overview, it doesn't really say much, I think you can make it much more concise.

What it says:
  • Swanna is Stealth Rock Weak
  • cool defensive typing
  • bad defensive stats
  • It doesn't ned to be very long, maybe just a quick sentence or two about Swanna's defensives woes.
  • I don't think Hydration needs a mention on the overview, its not that relevant to most Swanna sets, it can be mentioned later if needed,

Rain set:
  • Mention how using RainRest also means that Swanna can power up its main STAB move and make Hurricane accurate. You talk about self-sufficiency, but I think mentioning that is makes Hurricane accurate is worth it.
  • When talking about SubRoost, mention how it lets Swanna take advantage of obvious switches to set up a sub, and how it can dodge Sucker Punch
  • "Swanna has the generic sweeping EV setup, with 252 EV's in both Special Attack and Speed to make the most of Swanna's offensive abilities. " that isn't needed, delete it. :P

• OO is fine, just some english problems.
Checks and Counters:
  • I'd mention some more specific Electric-types. Ampharos and Electabuzz mainly. Mention them individually and talk about how they resist Hurricane and can OHKO easily.

My biggest concern with this is the English. I understand if it's not your first language, but there are a lot of issues. Before this gets GPed, I recommend finding someone to walk through it with you and help you fix it. (If a GP member wants to do that it would be great) content wise this is good though.

[qc]3/3[/qc]

Governess

• I see a bunch of small spelling errors, so I recommend proofreading it one more time before letting GP check it over. Also you refer to Swanna as both "her" and "it", pick one and stay consistent!
  • I'm not a fan of the second paragraph in the overview, it doesn't really say much, I think you can make it much more concise.

What it says:
  • Swanna is Stealth Rock Weak
  • cool defensive typing
  • bad defensive stats
  • It doesn't ned to be very long, maybe just a quick sentence or two about Swanna's defensives woes.
  • I don't think Hydration needs a mention on the overview, its not that relevant to most Swanna sets, it can be mentioned later if needed,

Rain set:
  • Mention how using RainRest also means that Swanna can power up its main STAB move and make Hurricane accurate. You talk about self-sufficiency, but I think mentioning that is makes Hurricane accurate is worth it.
  • When talking about SubRoost, mention how it lets Swanna take advantage of obvious switches to set up a sub, and how it can dodge Sucker Punch
  • "Swanna has the generic sweeping EV setup, with 252 EV's in both Special Attack and Speed to make the most of Swanna's offensive abilities. " that isn't needed, delete it. :P

• OO is fine, just some english problems.
Checks and Counters:
  • I'd mention some more specific Electric-types. Ampharos and Electabuzz mainly. Mention them individually and talk about how they resist Hurricane and can OHKO easily.

My biggest concern with this is the English. I understand if it's not your first language, but there are a lot of issues. Before this gets GPed, I recommend finding someone to walk through it with you and help you fix it. (If a GP member wants to do that it would be great) content wise this is good though.

[qc]3/3[/qc]
Yeah, Mom is from Africa, and Dad is from India; I get my speaking patterns from them, and spoke African language before English. I cannot make any excuses based on that bare fact, however; I'll have someone proof-read this for me to give ease to the GP Team. Thank you for looking it over.

Governess

Sorry for double posting; just finished having a few people proof read this for me before GP got to look at it, it's ready to be looked over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)