Most Disappointingly Weak NPC

It's not a major character, but there's that guy, on Village Bridge, in B2W2.

It has a Durant (not important, K.Oed by any potent fire attack) Lucario with ONLY Bonemerang/Bone Rush (not sure which) and Quick Guard.
Destroyed it with a Tranquill/Unfezant I kept just to be a Fly slave.

Also, sexiest gym leader is Skyla.
you mean the guy who wants you to be his victim of his 999th win in a row? He's pretty good for an un important npc.

I found Durant can actually be troublesome if you didn't prepare well for it: it has dig to troll all your fire types. (of course it can also troll itself with hustle, but it's one thing to take note of)

Falkner can cause too much headache if you're raising bug pokémon at the beginning, but also way too easy if you've been raising Cyndaquil or Totodile.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Nobunaga in Pokemon conquest. Zekrom looks intimidating, but the hero's Umbreon beat it one-on-one while Oichi's Dragonite and Takatora's Charizard swept the rest.

Six Magikarp Trainer. I wasn't expecting much out of a generic NPC, but come on
Not all games have the six Magikarp trainer, but most do. He is present with his full team of 6 magikarps in all of Red/Blue/Yellow, FireRed/LeafGreen, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, Black 2/White 2. Gold/Silver/Crystal only gave him 4 magikarps.

The only generation which did not include him was Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, which gave him 1 Magikarp and 5 Gyaradoses, just as a little change of pace...

Ghetises. I had a level 68 krokodile at that point with the rest of my team in the low 60s cause i didn't use zekrom though...
Man you overtrained your Pokemon. By that point (with a tiny bit of grinding) all my Pokemon were around Lvl 50-53 (assuming that you're talking about Black and White 1)

i'm pretty sure it doesn't count if you steamrolled trainers with overlevelled krookodiles

it's like saying whitney is weak because i brought in my lv46 hitmonlee and ohko'd everything

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd never call Ghetsis weak in BW1. That Cofagrigus could tank Zekrom and his Hydreigon just ripped holes.

Ghetsis' Hydregion in BW2 however is another story... (Dragon Rush ;_;)

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Gym Leaders in general. Pretty much all of them, even Whitney, RS Norman, and BW1 Elesa, can be beaten by something as simple as a type advantage and a little common sense. The only possible exception might be GSC Clair. At that point in the game, Kingdra basically has no weakness without trading. Not so in HGSS, as you can set up on her Gyarados if you don't use a Psychic, Ghost, or Dragon type.

EDIT: Er, did I necro this? Didn't realize how long ago the last post was lol

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Gym Leaders in general. Pretty much all of them, even Whitney, RS Norman, and BW1 Elesa, can be beaten by something as simple as a type advantage and a little common sense. The only possible exception might be GSC Clair. At that point in the game, Kingdra basically has no weakness without trading. Not so in HGSS, as you can set up on her Gyarados if you don't use a Psychic, Ghost, or Dragon type.

EDIT: Er, did I necro this? Didn't realize how long ago the last post was lol
Not so. For instance in BW1 I tried to use my roggenrola against her emolga, which has a large type advantage, was destroyed because it has small special defense and emolga have volt switch. Also Elesa only has one pokemon weak to the gym's special's type sole weakness in zebstrika, which is taking out any ground type you throw at it anyway.

Norman's slaking is completely fast and powerful, OHKO'ing your fighting type. The trunat kinda wrecks it, and Norman will get smashed by most fighting types besides maybe vigoroth (as in vigoroth is not smashed, I think I messed up on sentence structure) so yeah. Not so. Also Whitney just haxes you and tanks you and heals health and heals more health. Any who knows? Clefairy might tank a hit and then choose aeroblast with metronome!

I find the Kanto gym leaders very weak personally. When I played my first pokemon game (red), I didn't realise that gym leaders were actually supposed to be strong, they seemed like normal trainers to me in term of difficulty. They have crappy AI, movesets, pokemon, etc.

Johto gym leaders however really have a challenge (Whitney's Miltank for example ;) ).

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Crystal Janine.

Her levels are the same as Jasmine's, and Jasmine is the 6th gym leader. Janine is what, 16th? Truly pathetic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)