The Return of Hyper-Offense

Introduction
Aeh, yo, wazzup. It your homie Cygnis back with another, wait, I mean his first OU RMT. You may have seen me before. I am mostly on the OU RMTs, Ubers RMTs, Overused Metagames, Uber Metagames, Orange Islands, and mainly making OU analysis for the site. This team was formed on Pokemon Showdown! and is by far the best team I have ever created. The team is a hyper offense team and has one with around 50 on the ladder. Weatherless is arguably the hardest style to play with. Hail may seem harder but is the negative side of rain. In my opinion it goes rain, hail, sand, sun, and weatherless. I have built many hail teams but I would like to make a weatherless team as most are now sand and rain these days. Also, the rotom is a Wash form so don't get confused with the picture.

With the departure of Deoxys-D, it seems that Hyper Offense lost its niche but with Xatu, this is the new era of Deo-D. Xatu is probably the best Deoxys-D replacement out there and can single-handily beat every non-offensive (Landorus-T, Terrakion, Tyranitar) wall. Deoxys-D had to struggle with starmie to but xatu does too so I would like to enter the new team, a new era, a new future, the psychic replacement, Xatu.

Construction
Coming soon

In-Depth Descriptions

Xatu @ Leftovers *** Protection
Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
- Toxic
- Roost
- Night Shade
- U-turn

This is the new era of Hyper-Offense! Xatu, enter. This is probably the best Deoxys-D replacement up to date. Espeon is a fake imposter of Magic Bounce. no wonder, people avoid you.

Xatu is pretty much the "glue" to this team. Bouncing back hazards, status, whatever. The reason I picked this over Espeon is because Xatu has Roost and U-turn. I'd say that Xatu is the new Deoxys-D today and should actually be OU. The standard Sun Offense teams always have 'em and offensive teams like this appreciate it too. The set is pretty simple and is a good utility pokemon, by breaking down walls with Toxic and Night Shade and gaining momentum. I have used Heat Wave over Night shade to combat steels but Heat Wave didn't really do anything to non-steels and I considered it a waste of a moveslot. Leftovers shouldn't need explanation. I you want to know what it is, go to Battling 101 actually Dumbo Battles 296.

This team also lacked a Breloom check which over made my use it over Espeon too. Breloom is getting more poular every second and I needed a way to combat this. If Breloom spores it is good game. 56 Speed EVs is always useful because it lets me outspeed neutral-natured base 70s which is a nice jump. I have tried specially defensive spreads but they do not work. Trust Me. Rain-boosted Hydro Pump still OHKOs and is common as mosquitoes. the physically defensive spread is much more useful. Rotom-Fan is also a very good teammate with Xatu. Lol, look at that art, it is going to stalk you. Regardless, Xatu is pretty much irreplaceable member on this team. It is the heart of Hyper Offense and Sun Offense.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf *** Inferno
Moxie
Naive Nature
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower

Say hello to probably the best dragon-type in OU, Salamence. I was in the OU Viability thread and they said that Salamence is only A-Rank material. I'm like,"Are you kidding me?!" Salamence is a much better scarfer than those jokes like Terrakion and Garchomp. With Moxie, it can function as both a cleaner and sweeper. Who needs useless Scarfer and DD Dragonite when you can have both, in one slot for your team? Salamence is an amazing scarfer and checks the majority of rain and sand teams with ease. This beast has many competitions for this team slot with Keldeo, Gothitelle, Garchomp, and the Lati twins. Salamence easily came on top.

Dragon Claw is the preferred STAB move I use. Sometimes I use outrage but I hate the confusion damage after the moxie boosts. Sometimes I sweep with Earthquake which is good here and there but is mainly for Heatran, Tyranitar, and Magnezone. Flamethrower lets me burn down steel-types. I run Flamethrower over Fire blast because i hate it when this thing misses especially when you have a Fire Blast sweep going. And also, I am an unlucky guy. One thing that annoyed me was the move Refresh isn't legal with Moxie! Noooooo! That would be a game-changer by removing paralysis, burn or poison. Please make Refresh legal! Please! Anyways, Salamence provides me a check to Volcarona too because it resists its STAB and HP [Rock] is so uncommon you'll see it every 1 out of 8 HP [Ground] or Giga Drain Volcarona and those are rare too so yeah. Other DD Salemence are check and same with Dragonite (once Multiscale is broken of course). Overall, Salamence is a good memeber, but there are times it fails me like a Vaporeon living with 1%.

Mamoswine @ Expert Belt *** Everest
Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Bulldoze

After taming the dragons in OU in DPPt, Mamoswine is back with its fantastic STAB and with two new toys, Bulldoze and Icicle Crash. Bulldoze may seem like a gimmick but it is super helpful as Mamoswine forces a lot of switches. By slowing them down, Mamoswine can use its stronger attacks Icicle Crash, which has a high chance to flinch or Earthquake which is that awesome move we all know of. Icicle Crash finally gave Mamoswine a reliable physical Ice STAB other than the pathetic Ice Fang. Thick Fat makes that even better making it survive moves like Kyurem's Blizzard and Ninetale's Flamethrower. Wow, I have gone really dramatic. Time to get a more RMTy.

Mamoswine is a check to offensive dragon and grass-types. And actually isn't weak to STEALTH ROCK. I think you noticed that Mamoswine runs no coverage moves at all. The reason is that Mamoswine has almost perfect coverage with Ice shard and Earthquake so it can run some other nicer moves. Bulldoze has helped me a lot with Keldeo, Haxorus, Kyurem-B, whatever. The only time it sucks is when it hit CB Ferrothorn or Curse Steelix. Well, then I'm screwed, but those are uncommon threats. Icicle Crash even has an amazing flinch rate which lets me muscle through Specially Defensive Skarmory, Ferrothorn, aand others as well. Expert Belt was chosen because I really hated Life Orb recoil and a boosted Ice-shard is all you really need. It sometimes even bluffs Choice Scarf against inexperienced players. Jolly is the preffered nature to outspeed Mach Punch KOs. Mutch better than Adamant. When facing against rain-teams it is even more helpful because the fire-type weakness is negated... ok, I think you already understand Mamoswine's nature. Revenge. Slow Down. Finishing Blow. Be Awesome.

Gengar @ Life Orb *** Dirt
Levitate
Timid Nature
252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
0 HP
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Probably my favorite set to be used. Substitute and Pain Split causes so many rage quits and is hilarious to use. While it looks like a horrible idea to combine Substitute and Life Orb, it benefits from it because of Pain Split. It can easily get past it's counters and KO like Blissey and Snorlax. When fighting against Blissey, you can use Pain Split and easily win the battle. I would have to say that Gengar is the best special attacker in OU. There is one thing that are different from the standard SubSplit set, the IVs used. Since Gengar's defenses are already trash I use this to my advantage to make Gengar get to the zero HP bar quicker on weak resisted hits such as Ninetales's Energy Ball. Shadow Ball provides good STAB and a way to combat a lot of pokemon. Sludge Bomb was used here before but it is walled by the many poison-types and Latias doesn't take trash. The SubSplit set is easily better than the SubDisable which is utter crap. What is with the analysis, tell it to switch the first two sets actually 3 attacks is way better too. Sand damage is a pleasure to have as it makes it use Pain Split better, same with hail. Gengar is easily taking over the metagame from the shadows. Salamence may be good, but Gengar is much better.

Gengar is pretty much the rage-quit player. I just SPAM Substitutes, Pain split, repeat, then KO. Since the sub has 16 PP, it only gets drained with Encore. Gengar also provides me a spin-blocker simultaneously and is a really good receiver of the U-turn switch. Gengar has the potential to single-handily sweep teams with its coverage and power. Oh yeah, Gengar also looks like a mad boss because of those ghost spikes and awesome hair style.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry *** Whirlpool
Levitate
Calm Nature
248 HP / 32 SAtk / 228 SDef
29 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Rest

This team struggled against rain offense greatly and a bulky pivot was the way to fix this. Rotom-Wash is the best Rotom form out there and for a reason. It's STAB is resisted by grass and dragon-types only. Volt Switch also lets it form a VoltTurn core with Xatu and plus, it also beats all of it'c counters 1 v. 1. Thats is the true power of Rotom-W. Will-O-Wisp was barely used and I usually let set-up sweepers set-up regardless then volt Switch to Salamence revenge kill and start the sweep going. Hydro Pump still hits like a nuke with only 32 SAtk 2HKOing Garchomp and other pokemon that take nuetral damage. Rain is even more common boosting this thing's power to 240 which is deadly. Lastly, you got Rest and combined with Chesto Berry is excellent. When picking Rotom-Wash, I also thought about Rotom-Fan and Rotom-mow. Rotom-Mow easily was leaving thanks to its weakness to sun teams but Rotom-Fan for some reason was an interesting choice. In my opinion, the only viable Rotom-Fan sets are the Scarf and Sub sets. Air Slash could flinch things to death and Substitute gave it a cover to flinch more. then I saw a useless ability with its flying-type, Levitate. Why Game Freak, why? You could've made an exception and gave it at least Air Lock :toast:. Actually, Limber is better! Trolling time of years... Rotom-Wash wins.

Specs Hydro Pumps don't 2HKO this thing which I am lucky because it is a big threat. signal beam is the odd option but is super useful. It surprises Celebi and Latias which usually like to switch in and also the here and there Reuniclus. Celebi is turned into a liability now as a check to Rotom-Wash. Rotom-Wash had some really good use and I have thought of Magnezone in this slot as well, but I'm not sure. Magnezone trapped steels but it was pretty much all it can do. If I do, I'll have to use Ludicolo in place of Breloom. Also, i hate this thing too, because all the crits and hax happen to Rotom-W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scizor @ Choice Band *** Armor Pest
Technician
Adamant
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower

After Breloom and Scizor's rivalry, Trinitrotoluene and some friends from PS! told me to switch to Scizor. Scizor is way better than Breloom because one, Breloom sucks, loses momentum, and two, it isn't a steel type. Scizor also provides me a more reliable priority user and with this bulk, it'll last long in war. Pursuit also lets me KO weakend switches and the majority of psychic-types and ghost-types that threaten this team. Superpower is never used but comes in handy here and there when I have to use or I lose. U-Turn packs a punch, destroying many pokemon and gaining momentum at the same time. Scizor is my momentum gatherer and hardly fails me. The steel-typing also prevents me from being crushed by stupid dragon-types and ice beam.

Looking at the set, nothing else seems special. speed was never an issue so I ran a bulky set. You know what. This explanation is super redundant. Yo yo yo, this is over. Conclusions and credits now. Let us U-turn out.

Conclusion
You guys all rule and are boss. Just remember to be cool and you know, stuff. I would like to thank the following people for being all boss on Smogon. I thought this website was lame but dang, Serebii is oozed in class by Smogon. Well here we go.

Jirachi
Letting me borrow his boss format

Princess Bri & Alexwolf
For helping me in OU analyses

Trinotrotoleune
For being a boss chemical formula and giving me ideas to build this RMT

Well, the final words its time. Thanks to all my not real life homies who will rate, hate , steal. Whatever. Luvdisk.

o.O
Xatu FTW

Before reading have you ever thought of: Legendaries are weird looking. We use pokemon as slaves (seriously we got stuff like sacking and not saying good job Tropius, whats with this?). Legendaries are sometimes weird to use. Heatmor is probably the least used pokemon. Scald is OP. Well, that is all to say.

Importable
Code:
Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Night Shade
- U-turn

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower

Mamoswine @ Expert Belt
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Bulldoze

Gengar @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 32 SAtk / 248 HP / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 31 Def / 29 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
- Signal Beam
How to play against:

Rain Offense:

Facing this kind of team is pretty much straight forward. Rotom-Wash starts and starts causing immense damage while gain momentum. Xatu can cold wall Ferrothorn but has to watch out for Tentacruel carrying Hydro Pump, Surf, Ice Beam as it will hit for a 2HKO garunteeing Toxic Spikes to go up. Thundurus-T and Keldeo are dealt by Rotom-W, and Thundurus-T especially with LO or E-Belt is a hard one, so I have to play carefully. If I'm sure there are no scarfs, I can sack Rotom-W later and sweep with Salamence.

Rain Stall:

Facing rain stall is a matter of Xatu roosting in front of it all day while poison damage racks up and Mamoswine running it over using Earthquake and Icicle Crash 'till its weak enough for Salamence to sweep or for Gengar to annoy. in fact, Gengar is what this team hates so much that they have to repeatedly break the Sub and all there effort goes to waste after Pain Split. Rain stall is the easiest type of weather I can face and is rarely a problem.

Hail Offense:

It is annoying when Reuniclus and Kyurem-B are alive but after that it's fairly easy. I have to play really carefully because Blizzrds can sweep this team and the reason I am considering Scizor. Abomasnow is easy to deal with as it is forced out by Breloom, but Rotom-Wash can only stand up to the aussalt who is KOed by Kyurem-B's Outrage or Abomasnow's Wood Hammer. If Heatran is gone, it is possible for Salamence to start a Flamethrower sweep but Reuniclus and Kyurem-B have to be weakened a little. It's pretty much GG if Rotom-W loses.

Hail Stall:

Like Hail Offense, most of the pokemon take more support zones even though the standard teams look the same. I can usually differentiate if the have a Gengar or Jellicent. Kyurem-B takes a support role. Mach Punch Breloom can sweep and Spore Gengar and retaliate with Bullet Seed once Abomasnow loses. the key is to remove abomasnow and/or Mamoswine then it'll be easier to win.

More to come soon.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aight, this is a p. cool team Cygnis, but there definitely are some changes I'd make which I'm positive will only be beneficial for your team. Just by looking at your team, I can see that OTR Reuniclus (as well as Specs Latios) makes it squeal for mercy since you have nada that can stomach their attacks. You mentioned using Scizor at some point in your RMT, and I think that it's the best replacement over Breloom, which admittedly doesn't look like it's contributing much to your team. For the Scior, itself, I'd recommend using a bulky Choice Band variant, since it gives you that powerful U-turn, which allows you to form a more complete VoltTurn chain, scout for any and all unfavorable activities from the opponent, and grab / maintain momentum, as well as a reliable revenge-killing tool in the form of a Technician-boosted Bullet Punch. Thanks to its access to Pursuit, Scizor can also be used to trap and kill those pesky Psychics that annoy your team. Now, I'd like to see you use Stealth Rock over Bulldoze with a Jolly nature over that Adamant nature. The first change gives your team a more reliable means of setting SR up, because having Xatu as your entry hazard blocker (and by proxy, hazard setter) is just asking for trouble against the likes of Terrakion and Tyranitar. Besides, it's nice to be able to set up SR without having to go through massive prediction phases against your opponent. The second change, while seemingly trivial, helps out incredibly when facing down the many Breloom across the ladder since it allows you to outpriority even the fastest of them, OHKOing with a powerful Ice Shard before they can do the same with Mach Punch. The Jolly nature also gives your Mamoswine the ability to outpace the standard Toxicroak, OHKOing it with ease.

Now, for a couple of nitpicks. First off, while Sludge Bomb may seem to be the more appealing move for Gengar, Shadow Ball is the better option between the two of them, since it offers perfect neutral coverage when used with Shadow Ball and allows Gengar to rock Toxicroak's, Latias's, and Reuniclus's worlds, assuring yourself that they can't set up on you. Shadow Ball also makes it so Jirachi can't effectively wall Gengar, while keeping opposing Gengar from having a field day with your team. Besides, Sludge Bomb hits nothing that Shadow Ball can't already hit for neutral damage. Finally, I'd like you to fix up your Rotom-W and use 31 Speed IVs. A list of summarized changes can be found below.

Set:
Scizor @ Choice Band | Technician
Adamant | 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Bullet Punch | U-Turn | Pursuit | Superpower

Nitpicks:
  • ====>
    • Bulldoze ====> Stealth Rock
    • Adamant ====> Jolly
    • Sludge Bomb ====> Shadow Ball
    • 29 Speed IVs ====> 31 Speed IVs

Hope this helps. Good luck with your team.

Aight, this is a p. cool team Cygnis, but there definitely are some changes I'd make which I'm positive will only be beneficial for your team. Just by looking at your team, I can see that OTR Reuniclus (as well as Specs Latios) makes it squeal for mercy since you have nada that can stomach their attacks. You mentioned using Scizor at some point in your RMT, and I think that it's the best replacement over Breloom, which admittedly doesn't look like it's contributing much to your team. For the Scior, itself, I'd recommend using a bulky Choice Band variant, since it gives you that powerful U-turn, which allows you to form a more complete VoltTurn chain, scout for any and all unfavorable activities from the opponent, and grab / maintain momentum, as well as a reliable revenge-killing tool in the form of a Technician-boosted Bullet Punch. Thanks to its access to Pursuit, Scizor can also be used to trap and kill those pesky Psychics that annoy your team. Now, I'd like to see you use Stealth Rock over Bulldoze with a Jolly nature over that Adamant nature. The first change gives your team a more reliable means of setting SR up, because having Xatu as your entry hazard blocker (and by proxy, hazard setter) is just asking for trouble against the likes of Terrakion and Tyranitar. Besides, it's nice to be able to set up SR without having to go through massive prediction phases against your opponent. The second change, while seemingly trivial, helps out incredibly when facing down the many Breloom across the ladder since it allows you to outpriority even the fastest of them, OHKOing with a powerful Ice Shard before they can do the same with Mach Punch. The Jolly nature also gives your Mamoswine the ability to outpace the standard Toxicroak, OHKOing it with ease.

Now, for a couple of nitpicks. First off, while Sludge Bomb may seem to be the more appealing move for Gengar, Shadow Ball is the better option between the two of them, since it offers perfect neutral coverage when used with Shadow Ball and allows Gengar to rock Toxicroak's, Latias's, and Reuniclus's worlds, assuring yourself that they can't set up on you. Shadow Ball also makes it so Jirachi can't effectively wall Gengar, while keeping opposing Gengar from having a field day with your team. Besides, Sludge Bomb hits nothing that Shadow Ball can't already hit for neutral damage. Finally, I'd like you to fix up your Rotom-W and use 31 Speed IVs. A list of summarized changes can be found below.

Set:
Scizor @ Choice Band | Technician
Adamant | 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Bullet Punch | U-Turn | Pursuit | Superpower

Nitpicks:
  • ====>
    • Bulldoze ====> Stealth Rock
    • Adamant ====> Jolly
    • Sludge Bomb ====> Shadow Ball
    • 29 Speed IVs ====> 31 Speed IVs

Hope this helps. Good luck with your team.
Thanks for the rate! Yea, after doing some testing, I found all your changes useful. However, the reason I run 29 Spe EVs on Rotom-W is because it is nice to get the Volt Switch advantage against opposing Rotom-W. Scizor was easily a better choice. I like Jolly over Adamant and Stealth Rock as well. Without Bulldoze, I couldn't hit as hard but sometimes Xatu never gets SR up. Tried out Shadow Ball. While I lost power loss and a way to cripple walls, Shadow Ball was better and the special defense drop is useful enough anyways. Awesome rate.

More rates appreciated.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude!

After playing against your team, I did indeed to discover that you're heavily weak to Psychic types such as Latias, Latios, and TR Reuniclus. I second Trinitrotoluene's rate with replacing Breloom with CB Scizor. Scizor is a much better fit on this team, as it not only still checks Terrakion and Kyurem-B, but it's also a much better check to Mamoswine as well. Of course, the biggest advantage of Scizor is his ability to trap Psychic types, which are quite an annoyance to your team. Secondly, I think you should think about replacing Night Shade with Psychic or Heat Wave. Although Xatu is an amazing Breloom counter, Breloom can still proceed to set up on Xatu if you lack a reliable move to handle it, and Night Shade has somewhat redundant synergy with Toxic. Psychic provides Xatu with a STAB move that hits Fighting types that Xatu will consistently be walling, such as Choice Terrakion, Conkeldurr, and possibly even Keldeo locked into Secret Sword. Heat Wave is another great move that Xatu can use in order to take out Forretress who can easily spin away the hazards you bounced back. It also gives Xatu a much more reliable weapon against Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Jirachi. The biggest advantage of Heat Wave is luring in Scizor, which often comes in on Xatu to trap it. If I were to choose one of the other, I think Heat Wave would be much more useful, while Psychic would be more reliable. Toxic can still be used to wear down walls, so Night Shade wont really be missed. Besides, most Hyper Offensive teams with Deoxys-D on them had Deoxys-D run an offensive move to combat most of it's annoyances such as Forretress and Scizor, so it's only fitting for Xatu to fit that role as well.

Anyways, I hoped I helped a little, and good luck!

Hey dude!

After playing against your team, I did indeed to discover that you're heavily weak to Psychic types such as Latias, Latios, and TR Reuniclus. I second Trinitrotoluene's rate with replacing Breloom with CB Scizor. Scizor is a much better fit on this team, as it not only still checks Terrakion and Kyurem-B, but it's also a much better check to Mamoswine as well. Of course, the biggest advantage of Scizor is his ability to trap Psychic types, which are quite an annoyance to your team. Secondly, I think you should think about replacing Night Shade with Psychic or Heat Wave. Although Xatu is an amazing Breloom counter, Breloom can still proceed to set up on Xatu if you lack a reliable move to handle it, and Night Shade has somewhat redundant synergy with Toxic. Psychic provides Xatu with a STAB move that hits Fighting types that Xatu will consistently be walling, such as Choice Terrakion, Conkeldurr, and possibly even Keldeo locked into Secret Sword. Heat Wave is another great move that Xatu can use in order to take out Forretress who can easily spin away the hazards you bounced back. It also gives Xatu a much more reliable weapon against Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Jirachi. The biggest advantage of Heat Wave is luring in Scizor, which often comes in on Xatu to trap it. If I were to choose one of the other, I think Heat Wave would be much more useful, while Psychic would be more reliable. Toxic can still be used to wear down walls, so Night Shade wont really be missed. Besides, most Hyper Offensive teams with Deoxys-D on them had Deoxys-D run an offensive move to combat most of it's annoyances such as Forretress and Scizor, so it's only fitting for Xatu to fit that role as well.

Anyways, I hoped I helped a little, and good luck!
Thanks for the rate! Switched to Scizor so yea. I am still doing more testing with Heat Wave and Psychic because I am missing somethings like stalling out pokemon resistant to Heat wave and/or Psychic. Thanks Gary2346.

In my opinion xatu does not really replace deo-d well as deo-d's main role to to reliably set up hazards, but oh well.

Salamence should put that 4 EV into SpA rather than def, personal preference anyway.

Mamoswine shouldn't run expert belt with only 2 moves of different typing, and it shouldn't run bulldoze as it has eq already, and it has a priority move called ice shard.
I reccomand putting super power or stone edge or sr in its place. I can see where you are going with bulldoze, but I don't think it's worth sacrificing a good coverage move for.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello, got your request.

I'll try to be brief, this is a cool looking team although I never liked too too much Xatu. So first point, Xatu and Deoxys-D have almost nothing in common, and Xatu is by no mean a replacement of Deoxys-D. With that being said, move on to the rate =)

The weaknesses :

- Terrakion. Scizor is not enough, because Terrakion just has to switch back, and your Scizor won't be able to stop him the next time because he won't have enough HP left. Any version of Terrakion can be tricky to your team, and find a way to rampage. The worst one being the Scarf version, when Scizor and Rotom-W will be weakened, this version will kill everything in your team.

- Keldeo will also be an issue. Same as Terrakion here, and maybe worse because Rotom-W is really easy to worn down usually, and the rest of your team is opened for HPump. As mentionned, a Scarf version (common) will be the worst.

- Bulky Waters, and usual Rain Walls. They will be a pain for your offense. I don't know how you're gonna deal with Ferrothorn, this thing can come on several members, leech or hit for insane damages any of your switchs in (Xatu, Gengar...). You will also have issues with Skarmory, walling your wall breaking combo. You won't be able to bring Rotom-W all the time, unless you trap the guy against you in a Volt-Turn loop.

Well, I could try to find other weaknesses, but it seems like those are already important enough to justify a rate.

Here I go for the changes :

- I want to change Xatu to be honest. You probably won't like it but whatever, let's try. I'd go for Garchomp right here. A "defensive" version, able to switch in on a Scarf Terrakion and to break walls for your team. If you get Garchomp, you won't need SR on Mamoswine, or you can keep SR on Mamoswine if you want too..
Garchomp will open the way for Mence, can get a KO onto Skarm etc.. Well, you get the picture anyway.
With Xatu, if your opponent isn't totally clueless, you will end up losing the momentum most of the time (he will hit you on the switch, force you to Roost, set-up on your 0 offensive power pokemon etc..). You can't afford having a sitting duck in an offensive team. You won't be able to take the powerhouses that will switch in peacefully on your weak bird. At least if your were trying set-up some double screen strategy.. Maybe.. But it's not the case.

- I would get Superpower over Bulldoze on Mamoswine. You hit the Keldeo switch in ? Yes, good Earthquake too, and who cares if you drop the speed, you'll still have to switch in case it's a Scarf. Superpower will help against bulky waters like Rotom-W, it does also help when facing a Ferrothorn, to deal some damages when it's already weakened a bit, or when you prepare a sweep. Superpower is mandatory.
Trinitrotoluene is right about SR, so, to me, use a Superpower/IceShard/EQ/SR set with Life Orb. You will be bluffing no choice set with EBelt (you're gonna bluff a Sash set, but I don't see the point of that).

- Change Toxic for Thunder Wave on Xatu. In my opinion, on the short term, you're gonna benefit more from a Paralysis than on a Toxic.

- Drop this Signal Beam on Rotom-W. First, you're not gonna hit anything hard enough with that, and I don't see which one of your sweepers could be stopped by a Celebi. You're not gonna hit Latias or Reuniclus nearly hard enough, you better switch to Scizor or Status the former.
So, Will O Wisp could be an option. If you get rid of Xatu, get Thunder-Wave instead.

Here are the changes, I really think, after a closer inspection, that your team lacks a real way to deal with its own purpose (a Mence sweep). You should not forget the point of your team when building, just to get a better defensive synergy or I don't know. Your team is, from what I see, not supposed to switch in on everything, but to not let everything switch in.

I hope that I helped, and good luck for your team !

THE SETS :

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Rough Skin
248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Speed
Jolly Nature
- EarthQuake
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock / Sword Dance

The EVs are to outspeed Adamant Lucario who could kill your whole team after a SD, with an extra point to speed creep the pokemons like Kyurem who love to hit this mark.
Don't mind the -SpA Nature with Fire Blast, as this is just enough to 2HKO Physically defensive Skarmory after SR. The Specially defensive version won't be able to take Mamoswine too too well, so you should be okay with that too. I would not get Rocky Helmet, I don't see the utility in this particular case.

TL;DR :

Chomp>Xatu (or change at least Toxic for TWave on Xatu)
Get SR somewhere
Drop Signal Beam for Status on Rotom-W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)