Murkrow (Calm Mind) [QC: 3/3] (GP: 2/2)

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

[box][qc]3/3[/qc]
[Ebeast, Raseri, EBeast (In place of Zebraiken.)]
[gp]2/2[/gp]
[Oglemi, jumpluff]

QC Rejected: 0/3

Current State: Done
[/box]​

[SET]
Name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Roost
move 3: Dark Pulse
move 4: Substitute / FeatherDance
item: Eviolite
ability: Prankster
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
  • This set is made to combine Murkrow's Prankster ability with its wide range of support moves, along with its decent Special Attack.
  • Usually behind Sub, its job is to use its priority to set up Calm Mind, and sweep with Dark Pulse.
  • Roost can be used to increase the durability of Murkrow, and can be used effectively due to Prankster.
  • Not a variety of coverage; its a Boosting Sweeper than can usually come in to battle at any point of the match, usually to check powerful Psychic-Type Pokemon in the game, such as Gardevoir and Musharna.
  • Calm Mind is the crux of this set, helping Murkrow gain strength defensively(special) and powering up its STAB move, Dark Pulse.
  • Eviolite helps give Murkrow great defense stats that allow it to do its job more effectively.
  • The final slot can either be Feather Dance or Substitute; though Featherdance lowers the attack of opponents, Substitute has the advantage over FeatherDance: being able to avoid any status attacks launched at Murkrow, and set up CM easier, making Sub a more reliable choice.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • The EV's are made in a way that helps Murkrow set up more Sub with 248 HP Evs. 252 EVs for defense, so it lasts longer, and 8 SpD to give it as much bulk as it can muster.
  • Bold Nature is used to maximize its defensive stat; though if you aim for more power, Modest could be used instead.
  • Featherdance can also be preferred in place of Sub, but this is optional really, and you would loss the safety of setting up behind Sub, and be an easy target for Status effects.
  • Other Partners: Even with a SR weakness, Murkrow doesn't need a spinner partner, due to its priority. However, Shell Smash Torkoal and Swords Dance Armaldo are good partners to it, if you perfer a spinner. Wartortle is also an option with Foresight RapidSpin, but it isn't the best spinner with Murkrow.
  • Psychic types in general are good partners for Murkrow; they stop Fighting types who threaten this set; par that Murkrow doesn't have FeatherDance for this set.
  • Clerics are great partners, since the opponent is going to try to status Murkrow, to ruin its Prankster ability. People think Musharna, but it actually isn't a best choice. Vileplume and/or Gardevoir are more surperior choices, due to their high bulk, while Musharna gets walled with the same things Murkrow does.
  • CB Sawk is probably one of the best users. It can break through the walls Murkrow can't scratch, pummel those rare steel types it faces, and occasionally prevent SR from setting up.
  • Other bulky Pokemon, such as LickiLicky and Eelektross, are good buddies as well. They can switch into attacks Murkrow cant stand, from Pokemon such as Zangoose, Rotom-G, Braviary, etc.

^ Above is the skeleton of the analysis. Below is the fully written analysis.

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 4: FeatherDance / Substitute

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With Murkrow's ability Prankster, access to recovery moves, and decent Special Attack and Speed, it makes a fine setup sweeper. Murkrow also has a decent defensive typing, being able to take hits from a variety of attacks, switch into Psychic-type Pokemon with the right prediction, and come in against unprepared Fighting-types with FeatherDance. Paired with Eviolite, it can set up much more easily. Its goal is to set up with Calm Mind and sweep with Dark Pulse, using Substitute, FeatherDance, or Roost as it sees fit. Murkrow does well against many top-tier Pokemon such as Musharna, Gardevoir, Exeggutor, and Roselia. Murkrow can also beat Pokemon such as Golurk and Zangoose in a one-on-one situation with FeatherDance. It can take a max Attack Iron Fist Ice Punch from Golurk; in fact, it's only 2HKOed by it, after Stealth Rock damage. Psychic-types, such as Gardevoir and Musharna, are much easier to handle with this set; however, Murkrow can't safely switch into any Psychic-type Pokemon out on the field. Gardevoir, for example, can still check it with Thunderbolt if they predict the switch in.</p>

<p>Roost heals off any damage, and will almost always go first due to priority. Dark Pulse is Murkrow's main (and only) STAB move for this set, dealing great damage to the foe from the Calm Mind increase. The fourth moveslot depends on your preference. FeatherDance is the overall best option for Murkrow, as it gives it more opportunities to set up Calm Mind by lowering the opponent's Attack, which makes it easier to set up against physical threats. FeatherDance and Calm Mind make a great combo with each other, together allowing Murkrow to set up against physical and special attackers and preparing Murkrow for almost any situation it may stumble into. Substitute, on the other hand, allows it to avoid status and set up on Pokemon such as Alomomola, Lickilicky, and Tangela, none of whom can break Murkrow's Substitute. However, it makes it more difficult to set up against physical attackers. They both have their pros and cons, but FeatherDance allows you to set up on a bigger range of Pokemon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The 248 HP EVs allow Murkrow to survive four switches into Stealth Rock. The Defense EVs plus Eviolite make it's defenses soar to acceptable heights, enabling it to take several hits. The Bold nature raises Murkrow's Defense as much as possible, since it need the defenses it can get. However, if you aim for power, Modest could be used in its place with a 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD EV spread. Eviolite is the only viable item at this point, as without it, Murkrow would have pitiful defense even with the EV investment.</p>

<p>Murkrow doesn't need a spinner to remove Stealth Rock, as it has support moves such as Calm Mind and FeatherDance to prevent a KO, and it can Roost to heal back HP. However, if you wish to have one as a teammate, Shell Smash Torkoal and Swords Dance Armaldo are great options; they can both break Ghost-types that give Murkrow trouble, such as Misdreavus. Foresight Wartortle is also a good choice as a spinner, since its Foresight can ignore their Normal-type immunity and go for the Rapid Spin against Ghost-types. Wartortle can also carry support moves such as Haze and Toxic to stall out the opponent, and shut down any setup Pokemon that may interfere with Murkrow. Psychic-type Pokemon overall also make great partners to Murkrow; they can handle the Fighting-types Murkrow has trouble with, like Gurdurr and Sawk. Clerics are also great aids to Murkrow; they help Murkrow deal with status moves that could potentially ruin its chance at a sweep. Vileplume, Musharna, and Gardevoir are by far the superior choices, due to their high bulk.</p>

<p>Musharna and Sawk are also great partners for Murkrow. Musharna can handle the Fighting-types Murkrow occasionally struggles with, while Sawk deals with the Dark-, Rock-, and Steel-types Murkrow can't get past and prevents Stealth Rock from being set up. Musharna is a great partner alongside Choice Band Sawk as well, as Musharna can handle the Poison- and Psychic-type Pokemon Sawk can't. Pokemon with the abilities Volt Absorb and Lightningrod, like Zebstrika and Raichu, can take the Electric attacks aimed at Murkrow. Golem can check all of Murkrow's weaknesses with the appropriate moveset, set up Stealth Rock, and defeat Pokemon like Regirock and Rotom-S. Bulky Pokemon, such as Eelektross and Lickilicky, are good partners as well, as they can take powerful attacks that Murkrow cannot absorb; however, they must look out for Sawk, who can power his way through. They can come into attacks Murkrow can't take from Pokemon such as Braviary, Rotom-A, and Zangoose.</p>

On an NFE set that maximizes Defense and HP, why is Eviolite not even mentioned? With it, Murkrow's defensive stats are respectable. Without it, they're not.

Governess

is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for finding that; I added it in there. I didn't even remember evo ;-; but yea.

First of all, the correct order is "Set Comments" followed by "Additional Comments". Follow this format.

Second, Murkrow has no business using a set with that EV spread and no Eviolite. Your spread is designed to tank hits, and without an Eviolite, and with 60/42/42 defenses, Murkrow won't do so even remotely successfully.

Eviolite should be made the only item choice, as it's distinctly superior to leftovers and the only thing which allows this set to function.

Edit: HP should also be listed before Defense. 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA

Governess

Sorry I didn't answer right away; I did a few more tests with Murkrow to make sure I had the info right, and you're right, Eviolite does a much better job. Idk why I had leftovers looked over it ^^;
I also edited the thread in the correct format that follows the example. Thank you for pointing it out.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The set should look like this:

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 4: Substitute / FeatherDance

The first letter on name, move 1, move 2, etc. shouldn't be capitalized. I changed the order of the move because Roost was definitely one of the most important moves on the set, giving Murkrow the ability to set up easier by lasting longer throughout a match. The 8 SpA EVs were moved over to 8 SpD due to the fact that this is more of a bulky set up sweeper and any amount of bulk is appreciated.

As Substitute was the most expendable move I made it the last slot and slashed it with FeatherDance. A Prankster Featherdance allows Mukrow to quickly lower an opponent's Attack by two stages, meaning Murkrow won't have to take the full force of the physical blow. Mention the advantages that Substitute has over FeatherDance: the ability to dodge status and set up easier with Calm Mind.

Remove mentions of this Murkrow being a late game sweeper. Murkrow is a boosting sweeper that can come in the match at any time, mostly to check and start setting up on the many dangerous Psychic-type Pokemon of NU such Musharna and Gardevoir.

"Other Partners: Due to SR weakness, Murkrow should usually be seen with a spinner, bulky, if anything. Wartortle @ Eviolite is recommended, however, Armaldo works as well." -- Because Murkrow has priority Roost, Spinning is not really needed at all. If you do want to mention Rapid Spin support, add in Shell Smash Torkoal and Swords Dance Armaldo to the list.

Once you make these changes, I'll come back and give you a QC stamp.

I just took down a Skuntank with this set AFTER having my Eviolite knocked off (using Sub, not Featherdance). I'd say it has some merit. There's something to be said for any Dark-type in this metagame that is not weak to Bug or Fighting.

Governess

Wow; to be able to defeat a Skuntank with the set; must be good. I've been using it, and it seems to be much better than the original one I posted. .3.

ebeast

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
"Even though it's late game, it would be better for it to come out before Stealth Rocks is put into play, to avoid the 1/4 damage, ruining its Sub."

• Remove this as, like I said, Murkrow is not really a late game sweeper. Also Stealth Rocks don't ruin Murkrow's Substitute, i don't really know what you're trying to say here. Murkrow is fine taking some Stealth Rock damage due to its priority Roost and the many things it can find a free turn against.

"Other Partners: Even with a SR weakness, Murkrow doesn't need a spinner partner, due to its priority. However, Shell Smash Torkoal and Swords Dance Armaldo are good partners to it, if you perfer a spinner."

• Don't remove Wartortle from the list, its still a good partner for Murkrow due to Foresight Rapid Spin. Even then in the write up make sure to emphasize that Wartortle is still not the best choice.
After that...

[QC]1/3[/QC]

this is pretty good Governess! One thing I suggest is giving offensive psychic types a good mention as partners. They are more then just clerics for Murkrow, they also take out Fighting-types, which can stop this set in its tracks if it s not runnign Featherdance

Other than that, [qc]2/3[/qc]

This is a not for both you and QC. This set was posted the same day that the announcement was posted regarding QC chances. This will follow the new guidelines and not the old ones. So this will not receive a third check until after the prose is ready. Thanks!

Governess

Ok, thx :) Imma start the fully written analysis ASAP; just got back from vacation, so getting in the swing of things .3. Should be up soon.

Governess

Sorry for double posting, but the fully written analysis is completle. Didnt take as long as I thought it would xD. While I wait for that final check here, I'm going to focus on the Swanna analysis.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Before anything else, you should remove the weird spacing. The text should all be aligned to the left.

What I mean is:

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>text</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>text</p>

Nothing huge, but it's just how things should be. :)

Governess

Before anything else, you should remove the weird spacing. The text should all be aligned to the left.

What I mean is:

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>text</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>text</p>

Nothing huge, but it's just how things should be. :)
Alright, I fixed the spacing, thank you for pointing it out. I had it indented, lol x3

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This analysis will not pass into (Copyediting) without my QC check.

I'd like you to expand a bit on the difference between Featherdance and Substitute. Here's the thing with this set: Featherdance eases set-up, definitely, but without Substitute you're absolutely prone to being crit consistently since you don't have a Sub as a buffer, and obviously you lose 1vs1 to anything with Toxic. I think that the decision between these two moves is critical to the function of this set, and you should definitely go into further detail when you talk about them. It's also important that you point out that Murkrow can't just switch into Psychic-types willy-nilly; yes, it can help deal with them quite a lot, but you don't want it to switch into something like a Gardevoir Thunderbolt if you can avoid it.

In general, you need to work on specifying exactly what you mean to the reader. You say that Murkrow doesn't need a spinner, but then you give me two sentences telling me of the 3 spinners in the tier (keep in mind that these appear in every single analysis with a Pokemon weak to SR), telling me that two are better than the other but not telling me why. Let's get consistent, here: Does Murkrow need a spinner? Obviously it'd be nice to have on hand, but you really probably don't _need_ it as much as something like Charizard would. You don't have to go out of your way to specify three spinners and tell us why they are good or not (and in fact, I'd argue that Wartortle is the best of the three options anyway...). Just mention that while it is weak to SR, it doesn't necessarily require a spinner because not much will be able to KO it after a CM or Featherdance drop, and it can always Roost back up to full health.

I'd like to see a lot more about what it does and how it performs in the metagame rather than a simple reiteration of what each move does. At this point, most people are aware of what each move does (and if not, then can click on the links to find out!). Explain what Murkrow does in the metagame. How does it set up? Does it get many opportunities to switch in? Is its typing good? What makes CM + Featherdance Murkrow effective? Why should you use Substitute > Featherdance, and vice versa? Does it deal with top Pokemon well? Is this set self-sustaining, or do you need a significant amount of support? These are all things that people are actually looking for when you're describing a set, not what the moves do. You can briefly mention things that are unique or just explain the general function of the set in a sentence or two, but you don't need to drag out an entire paragraph about the moves just to fill space. Ask yourself what people are looking for in a set description, and give them that.

A few other nitpicky things:

The 248 EV spread for Sub helps it make the most out of its Substitute, if it is used in the set. Otherwise, it boosts it's durability. The defense EV's plus Eviolite makes Murkrow decent at defenses, enabling it to take a hit.
...what? What are you telling me here? Read through it yourself and think like a new player: what does it mean? How does the 248 EV spread help its Substitutes at all (it doesn't; it's an SR number, so that you don't kill yourself by switching into SR four times and you'd live with 1HP after the last switch-in)? "Decent at defenses"? What does this mean to any given player? Give realistic examples of scenarios Murkrow would get into. What do people usually switch into Murkrow? What does it take from those Pokemon? You don't have to put up a separate calc section, but if Murkrow can avoid a 2HKO from something with your given spread, then tell people that. Generic phrasing in analysis isn't going to help anyone out, and if we don't get you moving away from it right now then it'll be something you rely on for all future analyses you write. Let's fix it up now!

The Bold nature raises Murkrow's defense as much as it can, since Murkriw is lacking in the defense department. However, if you aim for power, Modest could be used in its place.
If you're going to mention Modest, give a specific spread for it, otherwise people will think you mean 252 HP / 252 Def @ Modest. Does it need to hit any Speed tiers (probably not, but think about it and relevant mons)? Do you need a certain amount of SpA to KO something at a given +x/+x?

Aside Murkrow has Roost, Leftovers isn't really needed for this set. Prankster is the entire reason this set works, giving Murkrow the ability to set up CM first, heal with Roost, or use support moves.
You don't need to state the latter part, especially if you already specify that in the Set Comments. The former is just not well explained whatsoever; to any somewhat competent player, Leftovers seems like it would fit perfectly on this set. Why can't they use it (or why shouldn't they?)?

Musharna could be used, but it gets walled by everything Murkrow does, so it's not recommended. Choice Band Sawk is the best partner for Murkrow. It can break through the walls Murkrow can't, prevent Stealth Rock from beng set up, and demolish the rare Steel-types that come up.
This whole part is just a "huh?" from me. What does Murkrow get walled by? You never, ever stated this in the analysis. You said it had trouble with Fighting-types. Das it. What is it walled by? Why can't you use Musharna with it (PS. it'd probably be quite effective, since they can wear on stuff back and forth!)? Sawk is actually a pretty solid mention, but you also need to explain that Murkrow can set up on the Psychic-, Ghost-, and Poison-types that Sawk struggles with. In general, good partnership is a two-way street, so explain what both of them can do for each other! I'd also like to see several more examples of specific partners, because what you have right now is basically just Sawk, spinners, and clerics. Also Eelektross and Lickilicky get decimated by some of the examples of strong Pokemon you listed, like Zangoose... (this is also worth mentioning, to you at least: -2 252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Murkrow: 124-147 (38.39 - 45.51%) -- guaranteed 3HKO)​

Let's work on making this specific and helpful for someone who's looking to use Murkrow. Feel free to post in this thread if you have any questions.

Governess

Alright, thx, I've corrected/added most of the things you mentioned Zeb. The only thing I haven't fixed yet is the last quote about Musharna and such. I'm working on that now.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You mention how Musharna is a good partner alongside CB Sawk, but you still don't mention how they are great partners for Murkrow. Add on the fact that Musharna handles the Fighting-types that make life difficult for Murkrow, while Sawk does the same to the Dark, Rock, and Steel types. I don't know why Diglett is mentioned as a good partner, but then why not toss in Trapinch? Not that either of them are really too significant but at least Eviolite Trapinch can almost guarantee a Trap on Skuntank and Electric-types. Finally, you may want to add that using Substitute instead of FeatherDance makes it harder to set up against physical attackers in general; the plus side is that you can use the priority Sub to waste opposing Rain and Sun turns quite easily.

ebeast

Waiting on Zeb to give you the final stamp, but while we wait for that there are a few things you can fix quickly right now. Like I said on your Swanna analysis, use the correct abbreviations for HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe or just spell them out completely. There were quite a few instances of Sp.Atk being thrown in there.

In the beginning of the Set Comments you mention: "Ice types are rare in NU". This is actually not true at all as Pokemon like Piloswine and Regice are quite common in battles are definitely threats to prepare for. I would say rewording the sentence to talking about what kind of Pokemon Murkrow can switch into (Psychic-types) would be better than listing the types super effective against it.

In the Set Comments: "It can take a fully invested attack EV Iron Fist Focus Punch from Golurk" This isn't really relevant as SubPunch is Golurk's least common set. If you wanted something more relevant talk about max Attack Iron Fist Ice Punch instead. The bit about it only being 3HKOed by Zangoose's Facade is very off as it actually takes a massive 76% - 90% from Toxic Boost Facade. Remove that bit.

Clarify why Shell Smash Torkoal, Swords Dance Armaldo, and Foresight Wartortle are good spinners to pair Murkrow with. The first 2 can wall break Ghost-type Pokemon and Wartortle can ignore their Normal-type immunity with Foresight.

Remove everything related to Diglett and Trapinch. The most common Electric-type Pokemon are Rotom-S and Eelektross who avoid being trapped by Arena Trap thanks to Levitate (plus Rotom-S is Flying-type as well). Not only that but Diglett/Trapinch are extremely niche choices and shouldn't be recommended for something as general as an analysis.

Near the end of the analysis you mention Rotom. Assuming you meant all of its formes, the correct way to refer to it is Rotom-A rather than G. The A meaning all; both Spin and Frost formes.

While you're changing the Sp.Atk for SpA, try proofreading this and getting rid of as many errors as you can. Try to learn from this so you can make your analyses as good as possible. Great effort, keep it up!

ebeast

Ok Zeb has given me permission to take the final look at this in his place.

When I said to change Sp.Atk to SpA I made it a little ambiguous. What I meant was making it SpA for the [SET] section. Everywhere else it should just be fully written out as Special Attack. So make sure to do that for the rest of the analysis. (I saw some instances of Sp.Def so make sure to fix that to Special Defense)

Another thing is that the move is FeatherDance not Featherdance and should be fixed.

Governess said:
With Murkrow's great Prankster ability, access to recovery moves, and decent SpA and Speed, it makes a fine Sweeper.
Here I would try to be a little more specific and call Murkrow a set up sweeper (also keep it mind that the 's' in 'sweeper' shouldn't be capitalized)

Another thing to keep in mind for future analysis is that when referring to a type you do it as such: Psychic-type and Fighting-typing There are a few instances of this in your write-up that can be fixed.

Governess said:
With this set, Murkrow doesnt need that much support, as it can set up, handle SR, and sweep. Though, the riddance if Fighting-types would benefit it, as Murkrow lacks a Flying-type move in this set.
The first sentence can be removed as you basically say the same the a bit later in the analysis. The second sentence should be removed as it sounds very awkward. You can elaborate on the inability hit Fighting-type hard when you talk about Dark Pulse being Murkrow's only attack further down in the 2nd paragraph.

Governess said:
Its goal is to set up with Calm Mind, and sweep with Dark Pulse, using Sub/Featherdance or Roost as it sees fit. Murkrow does well against many top-tier Pokemon, like Golurk, for example. It can take a fully invested attack EV Iron Fist Ice Punch from Golurk, with a 2HKO, after SR has been up. If Murkrow has Sub, it usually sets up behind the Sub due to it's enhanced defenses from Eviolite. Life Orb Samurott Set also only manages to 2HKO Murkrow as well. With such defenses, and priority Prankster, Murkrow has no problems setting up, and using CM. CM and FeatherDance are a great combo for Murkrow, not only does it make it harder to KO it, it also allows Murkrow to get more power in Special Attack.
Don't use the word Sub instead of Substitute unless it's the Set Name. Instead of doing Sub/Featherdance or anything similar you should write them all out like this: Substitute or FeatherDance. Instead of saying "fully invested attack EV" just say max Attack Iron Fist Ice Punch. Check your grammar in that sentence as well; saying "with a 2HKO, after SR has been up" makes little sense. Remove the bit about Samurott 2HKOing Murkrow because it just comes out of nowhere. Replace all instances of CM with Calm Mind.

Governess said:
The fourth moveslot depends on your preference; Featherdance can be used to cripple the opponent, and is very useful against powerful fighting Pokemon, like Sawk. Though, if Murkrow has Featherdance, fighting types arent as threatening
This is actually not really as even with FeatherDance you still cannot do very well against any Fighting-type Pokemon due to having only Dark Pulse to attack with and priority Roost meaning that you'll have to take super effective damage from their Fighting-type STAB. So remove both of those sentences.

Governess said:
Leftovers could be used over Eviolite, but the defense drop is easily noticed, though Leftovers help when wanting to increase Murkrow's durability.
You can remove that. Leftovers in no way increases Murkrow's durability. Even though it gets some recovery for the Substitutes that it will be creating, the drop in its defenses is so great that Lefties is simply not worth it.

Governess said:
Clerics are also great aids to Murkrow; they help Murkrow from the status moves inflicted on him that could potentially ruin this set. Vileplume and Gardevoir are by far the surperior choices, due to their high bulk.
Add Musharna to this list as well as it can also provide Heal Bell support while beating the Fighting-type Pokemon that plague Murkrow. Also might as well fix superior while we're here.

Governess said:
Golem can handle all of Murkrow's weaknesses, Ice, Electric and Rock. It can set up SR, and defeat Pokemon like Probopass, Specs Ampharos, etc. Bulky Pokemon, such as Eelektross and Lickilicky, are good partners as well, though they must look out for Sawk, who can power his way through. They can come into attacks Murkrow can't take, from Pokemon such as Braviary, Rotom-A , Zangoose, etc.
Golem is weak to Ice-type attacks so it can't counter those for Murkrow. I understand that you meant checking, but that's not the connotation that the word handle gives off. So make sure you put that it is only a check and give examples of those kind of Pokemon that it beats. Etc is not a something you want to use in an analysis, so if you ever find yourself using it, try to elaborate your point instead. Mention why Eelektross and Licky are good partners.

Phew that took a while. I'll give you the final stamp once you implement these.

Here I would try to be a little more specific and call Murkrow a set up sweeper (also keep it mind that the 's' in 'sweeper' shouldn't be capitalized)

Another thing to keep in mind for future analysis is that when referring to a type you do it as such: Psychic-type and Fighting-typing There are a few instances of this in your write-up that can be fixed.
Just two minor grammar things before you make the changes EBeast suggested. When you're referring to a sweeper that carries a move it can use to set up, it should be setup sweeper not set up sweeper. 'To set up' is the verb form 'set-up' is the adjective form, and 'setup' is the noun form, but you use the noun form here because you're referring to a sweeper that carries a setup move (set-up is used when you're referring to a sweeper that has set up already). Also, while you use a dash when you say X-type, there isn't one when you say X typing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)