Ubers CCAT 3 - Skies are Clear

What Pokemon should we base our team around?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im pretty sure we all agreed on expert belt palkia if anyone can remember. And i've used dd quaza on a sun team and he did work i would love to use him. But than we would be type stacking dragons which is very dangerous in ubers

252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 356-420 (101.42 - 119.65%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Terrakion will easily take out any Rayquaza that isn't at +2 or above, so while we'll probably have to sack something to get it in we certainly won't get swept by it.

Im pretty sure we all agreed on expert belt palkia if anyone can remember. And i've used dd quaza on a sun team and he did work i would love to use him. But than we would be type stacking dragons which is very dangerous in ubers
iirc we haven't began voting
and I agree with ray lol, why didnt I think of it

252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 356-420 (101.42 - 119.65%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Terrakion will easily take out any Rayquaza that isn't at +2 or above, so while we'll probably have to sack something to get it in we certainly won't get swept by it.
I dont mean to be rude or anything jack but idt anyone would be stupid enough to send quaza in to spam outrage with loitering steel types or terrakion other than me XD. But u do make a valid point. And +2 quaza can outspeed. Jolly +1 will too i believe.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
DD Rayquaza = lots of butthurt for unprepared teams, but if Terrakion can semi-reliably revenge kill it (I'm saying this because of Stone Edge's questionable accuracy) then I don't think we have to worry about it that much. Also, let's move forward on the premises that we've only picked Deoxys-S, Terrakion, and Latios. Typestacking on Dragons will probably be a problem (though if it works out well in a match, it's a plus), but since we've only picked one Dragon-type so far, two Dragons is not necessarily typestacking.

DD Rayquaza = lots of butthurt for unprepared teams, but if Terrakion can semi-reliably revenge kill it (I'm saying this because of Stone Edge's questionable accuracy) then I don't think we have to worry about it that much. Also, let's move forward on the premises that we've only picked Deoxys-S, Terrakion, and Latios. Typestacking on Dragons will probably be a problem (though if it works out well in a match, it's a plus), but since we've only picked one Dragon-type so far, two Dragons is not necessarily typestacking.
i thought we picked palkia as a team member? and terrakion can take out quaza but if we run adamant scarf than jolly scarf quaza WILL outspeed us and take us out with an outrage

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Actually wanted to submit Dialga but too late so:
Damn it I keep changing my mind

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Toxic

It can utterly smashes Chansey, Blissey and standard uber Ferrothorn. It also easily switches into CM Darkceus, and can switch into anything bar WoW on the support set, then rape it with CC. Rockceus and Steelceus are in a similar position, but Terrakion cannot switch into Steelceus. EKiller may set up on Latios, especially one at -2, but is revenged by Terrakion. Ho-oh is wiped from existance by Stone Edge, and outspeeds and OHKOs ScarfDialga. Kabutops, which outspeeds and threatens Latios with Stone Edge, is outsped and OHKOed with CC if not running Jolly. Heatran, another pokemon that walls Latios, is also OHKOed by CC. Terrakion pisses T-tar off. Terrakion also lures out Giratina, which is promptly murdered by Latios. Lugia is also lured out and poisoned badly, crippling it badly for thr rest of the match.
This is the set I'm presuming we're using? Anyway, our Terrakion is Jolly so no need to be worrying about being outsped by +1 DD Rayquaza. But Toxic seems a bit situational but okay I guess. Could be replaced by Sacred Sword for BU Dialga but that's pretty rare I guess.

Toxic is pretty good on Terrakion. Most of his common switch ins don't really enjoy being hit with Toxic. I wish I had something to suggest but I'm an idiot and just throw six things together and then replace what doesn't work.

Bryce

Lun
SD Ray looks sweet in this team.It can help mitigate the support arceus problem pretty well.Assuming we pick Ghostceus as part of our offensive core/spin blocker ,we get a very strong offensive Trio of Ray/Latios/Ghostceus.Ghostceus will be benefited by weakened ferro,blobs by Latios and vice versa.Ghostceus can help muscle past Lugia who will give Latios trouble,while Rayquaza can lure out and weaken support Arceus and is a check to weather sweepers.We already have a Kyogre check in Latios and a Ekiller check in Terrakion,Ghostceus will be a good soft check to Ekiller as well and is a very good win condition. So I support the SD Rayquaza suggestion as well since it will could potentially lead to a very solid team.

cm ghostceus seems better than SD ghostceus lol, far less counters but unfortunately that makes Ho-oh a large dick to deal with, since nothing that deal damage can come in

Bryce

Lun
cm ghostceus seems better than SD ghostceus lol, far less counters but unfortunately that makes Ho-oh a large dick to deal with, since nothing that deal damage can come in
If we run 252 SpAtk on Ghostceus,it can OHKO most Ho-oh variants at +1 after Stealth Rocks.Rayquaza can hit it hard,Latios can do the same with Psyshock,Terrakion can revenge kill with stone edge.Ho-oh won't be to much of a problem.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I've tried CM Arceus, but SD variants only needing one set-up turn to sweep adds a LOT of offensive pressure. CM Arceus seems to go better on balanced teams for me. Just a question, if we do run SD Arceus-Ghost, do we use Shadow Claw or Shadow Force? I prefer Force but ???

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I run Claw, because Force takes a charge turn and it's better to hit something with Claw twice than hit something with Force once. Plus, free turn means the opponent can switch out into a resist and you lose momentum.

Could we consider SD Arceus-Ghost? It only needs one set-up turn to wreck unlike the CM variant, and is more offensive, not to mention Extremespeed means it is near impossible to revenge kill. Not many things can counter it other than Skarm, plus Terrak can't touch it the way it normally does with EKiller.

Also, our team is currently pretty weak to SD Arceus-Ghost as well.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I run Claw, because Force takes a charge turn and it's better to hit something with Claw twice than hit something with Force once. Plus, free turn means the opponent can switch out into a resist and you lose momentum.

Could we consider SD Arceus-Ghost? It only needs one set-up turn to wreck unlike the CM variant, and is more offensive, not to mention Extremespeed means it is near impossible to revenge kill. Not many things can counter it other than Skarm, plus Terrak can't touch it the way it normally does with EKiller.

Also, our team is currently pretty weak to SD Arceus-Ghost as well.

SD Ghostceus may seem to be the more offensive variant at first glance but you have to remember that physical Ghostceus rely on pathetic 70/75 base power moves. In fact, with the same investment in atk/spatk CM Ghostceus hits harder than SD Ghostceus. (100*1.5=150 vs 70*2=140) Plus, CM Ghostceus has better synergy with Latios as it'll punish any fool who thinks he can play prediction games with Chansey to beat the blue dragon.

(Since Kyogre was mentioned a bit, don't forget that SD Ray can setup after a Kyogre kill thanks to Air Lock + Resist while Latios has Soul Dew to let it serve as a nice check.)

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
SD Ghostceus may seem to be the more offensive variant at first glance but you have to remember that physical Ghostceus rely on pathetic 70/75 base power moves. In fact, with the same investment in atk/spatk CM Ghostceus hits harder than SD Ghostceus. (100*1.5=150 vs 70*2=140) Plus, CM Ghostceus has better synergy with Latios as it'll punish any fool who thinks he can play prediction games with Chansey to beat the blue dragon.

(Since Kyogre was mentioned a bit, don't forget that SD Ray can setup after a Kyogre kill thanks to Air Lock + Resist while Latios has Soul Dew to let it serve as a nice check.)
Shadow force > shadow claw versions of sd ghostceus curbstomps our current team since terrakion does little to nothing against it.

Edit: also sd arceus while relying on 60/70 base power attacks as opposed to cm arceus 100/120 base power don't forget that sword dance gives arceus a +2 Atk as opposed to calm mind's +1 which ultimately gives sd variants of arceus more overall power.

i think shadow force would be the move of choice. and since we are on our last mon i propose this-

@leftovers/nature-calm
trait:sturdy
eve's:252hp/4Def/252 SpecD
~toxic spikes
~gyro ball
~volt switch
~rapid spin

The point of volt switch is when you predict a switch u can just volt out and hit ho-oh for a good 16% and if u are trapped in u got volt switch very viable for forro. Gyro ball is there in place of SR because when u need a terrakion check u got forro, it also checks many other pokemon in ubers and can catch your opponent off guard. toxic spikes are self explanatory. rapid spin is there because we want a spinner. stealth rocks will hit our quaza since everyone seems to agree with him on the team. and will prevent Deo-S from coming in later and taking something out.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
i think forretress loses way too much offensive momentum, and again, we have only chosen 3 mons, so this will be the fourth. we will vote (i assume) before any mons are added to the team, and we may have more submissions in the future, so just assume 3 for the moment.

And I'm with SD Arceus-Ghost for the ridiculous amount of offensive pressure it can provide, and I like Shadow Force because it draws out Normal types / Steel types that Terrakion can "haahahahahahahahahahha" at. I would like to suggest that we run Adamant 80HP 252Atk 176Spe to outspeed standard Extreme Killer Arceus-Normals with just a tiny bit of speed creep.

I've actually been testing the team +forro+quaza and what we seem to be weak to is magic coat. i think we should run magic coat ghostceus because we lack ALOT of support as my experiences so far. and since we are running offensive hazards i put gyro ball there instead of SR. In which adds another thing to the list of weaknesses- sub rapid spin SD excadrill with mold breaker. i had a very bad experience with it and i couldn't do a thing to it even with terrakion.

Umm yeah people I just want to make this very clear: Our current team is composed of Latios, Terrakion, and Deoxys-S. That's it. We have not chosen any other members; any time we do, it will be officially recognized and added to the OP.

Anyways, I'm going to open submissions for mon number 4! This is going to be a heavily unrestricted vote, so don't feel like you have to submit a spinblocker or what not. If you do suggest something for a specific position, make sure to make not of that advantage. Like the last one, I reserve the right to veto any unconvincing or pointless submissions.

I'm going to nominate Calm Mind Arceus-Ghost.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

We all know how much of a beast this thing is. As I've highlighted before, a team built around a potent wallbreaker like Latios appreciates a reliable lategame sweeper, and Arceus-Ghost is one of the best win conditions in the game. It also functions as a potent spinblocker, and due to the switches that it (along with Latios) force, Deoxys-S's hazards will not be wasted. In terms of our spinblocker, Arceus-Ghost really is the best option; Giratina-A is out of the question and Giratina-O lacks offensive synergy with Latios, as well as lacking potentially valuable recovery and stacking Dragon weaknesses. Finally, Arceus-Ghost shares surprisingly great offensive synergy with Latios. Latios can lure and take down Chansey, Skarmory, and Tyranitar (all big threats to Arceus-Ghost) while Arceus-Ghost takes advantage of the massive holes that Draco Meteor makes in the other team by cleaning up with its excellent speed and overwhelming power.

ghostceus kind of already won, and I don't want to somehow be accused of plagiarism. anyway I don't get it lol, we can't do anything to SD ghostceus apart from trying to win speed tie with ghostceus which imo is not reliable, plus skarm is reject, so forry and Ferro should not either as they kill even more momentum, darkrai can't beat those with extremespeed

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Originally Posted by Fat Smogon
Checks and Counters

Darkrai is an excellent counter to both offensive variants of Ghost Arceus. It resists Arceus's STAB Judgment and can put Arceus to sleep with a speedy Dark Void, assuming Ghost Arceus lacks Magic Coat; it can also KO Arceus outright with a Dark Pulse coming off its frightening base 135 Special Attack. Dark Arceus is also a good counter thanks to its Ghost resistance, but it will loathe a boosted Focus Blast. Tyranitar is a good counter to Ghost Arceus if the latter lacks Focus Blast, but note that Focus Blast will not OHKO Tyranitar anyway, while Choice Band Crunch will send Ghost Arceus to its grave. Skarmory stops the Swords Dance set in its tracks. It resists Shadow Force, shrugs off Brick Break, and can use Toxic to cripple Arceus and Roost off the damage, or phaze Arceus out with Whirlwind. Ferrothorn is also a good counter to Swords Dance Ghost Arceus, resisting its STAB and crippling it with Thunder Wave and Leech Seed or denting it with Gyro Ball; Ferrothorn must watch out for Brick Break though.

Blissey and Chansey can wall the Calm Mind and defensive sets with their stubby little arms tied behind their backs; they can Toxic Arceus and heal themselves up with Softboiled. In general, Ghost Arceus despises poison as it takes away Arceus's great bulk and reduces its longevity. Ho-Oh is also a good check thanks to its mammoth Special Defense, which in conjunction with its resistance to Focus Blast, lets it laugh off Ghost Arceus's attacks. Due to its great Attack stat, Ho-Oh can also 2HKO Ghost Arceus with Sacred Fire if the sun is up. With its base 140 Special Defense, Calm Mind Kyogre can take a Judgment after a Calm Mind, and can proceed to KO Ghost Arceus with a rain-boosted Surf. In fact, Choice Scarf Kyogre can revenge kill most variants of Ghost Arceus.
Obviously this is from the analysis so I will break it down.
(Keep in mind that there may be other possible checks/counters *perhaps* that aren't included)
These are the pokemon listed that can beat...

~CM Arceus-Ghost
-Darkrai (probably our best bet if we're really that concerned about Arceus-Ghost)
-Tyranitar (weather)
-Blissey (loses offensive momentum)
-Chansey (loses offensive momentum)
-Ho-oh (requires a spinner and semi-reliant on weather)
-Kyogre (weather)

~SD Arceus-Ghost
-Darkrai (probably our best bet if we're really that concerned about Arceus-Ghost)
-Tyranitar (weather)
-Skarmory (loses offensive momentum)
-Ferrothorn (loses offensive momentum)

If we're worried about CM Arceus-Ghost, then perhaps we could look at Dialga again? Dialga forces Arceus-Ghost into using Focus Blast, which is extremely unreliable, and if they have no boosts, can phaze it out. 4 SpA Arceus-Ghost Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Dialga: 168-198 (41.58 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO is okay I guess but keep in mind that Focus Blast has a 49% chance of hitting twice in succession. Furthermore, Dialga can support the team by spamming Roar and taking advantage of the hazards set by Deoxys-S. This also draws in Fighting and Ground type attacks that Latios can take advantage of. However, for this round, I will most likely advocate for SD Arceus-Ghost.

If you are using a hazard poke then you should have a spinblocker. Since this is an offensive team, Gira-A is out of the question. I'd like to suggest

SD Ghostceus
Adamant
50 HP 252 Atk 216 Spe

- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw/Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extremespeed

Unlike its CM counterpart, it applies pressure with just one set up turn (SD). It also bypasses some faster threats with Espeed+hazards. Also, the two bulkier def walls (Lugia and Gira-A) are weak to its STAB. Groudon doesn't have reliable recovery so even if a +2 Shadow Claw does around 40ish% it allows for other physical sweepers to have an easier time later on. The set provided is the one I'm more comfortable with, if it gets accepted I can see the set getting changed but I don't really care.

nominating again i guess.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
slight tweak to your set, locoghoul
your current EV set isn't possible as 50 + 252 + 216 is 518 :P
to change this, run this instead

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

this allows you to outspeed Timid Palkia (it hits 328 while this hits 329 speed) as i think you are currently doing

Obviously this is from the analysis so I will break it down.
(Keep in mind that there may be other possible checks/counters *perhaps* that aren't included)
These are the pokemon listed that can beat...

~CM Arceus-Ghost
-Tyranitar (weather)
-Blissey (loses offensive momentum)
-Chansey (loses offensive momentum)
-Ho-oh (requires a spinner and semi-reliant on weather)
-Kyogre (weather)

~SD Arceus-Ghost
-Tyranitar (weather)
-Skarmory (loses offensive momentum)
-Ferrothorn (loses offensive momentum)

If we're worried about CM Arceus-Ghost, then perhaps we could look at Dialga again? Dialga forces Arceus-Ghost into using Focus Blast, which is extremely unreliable, and if they have no boosts, can phaze it out. 4 SpA Arceus-Ghost Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Dialga: 168-198 (41.58 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO is okay I guess but keep in mind that Focus Blast has a 49% chance of hitting twice in succession. Furthermore, Dialga can support the team by spamming Roar and taking advantage of the hazards set by Deoxys-S. This also draws in Fighting and Ground type attacks that Latios can take advantage of. However, for this round, I will most likely advocate for SD Arceus-Ghost.
darkrai was mentioned twice, and I don't understand you
almost all counters listed apply to cm only, since extremespeed is quite common on SD, and remaining counters kill momentum. revenge killers of SD ghostceus are not very common as many are weather-dependant, with exception of mewtwo and scarfers.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't notice there was a difference lol, thought everything was hyphened
EDIT2: I mentioned SD ghostceus with extremespeed because that is quite common for some reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)